It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Rare Update from Fukishima

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 12:38 AM
link   
We don't hear too much about the ongoing nuclear disaster at Fukishima since the Japanese government put a gag order on news. However today there is this...

Fukushima Plant Is Releasing 770,000 Tons of Radioactive Water Into the Pacific Ocean

Keeping the three core meltdowns cool has been an ongoing challenge that has yet to be met. As fresh water is pumped over the cores, it is then stored on site in massive tanks. The Tokyo Electric Power company (TEPCO), the operator of the plant, then has to figure out what to do with that water.

Recently, TEPCO announced that it would dump 770,000 tons of radioactive tritium water into the Pacific Ocean.

Takashi Kawamura, TEPCO's chairman, when asked about the decision to introduce this vast amount of radioactive water into the ocean, initially responded, "The decision has already been made."

While he quickly softened the statement, he has not stated that the action will not occur.

.... and chillingly ....

Hydrogen is the most abundant element in living cells.

"Once toxic tritium makes it into the environment, it will bind anywhere hydrogen binds," Savabieasfahani said. "Imagine a toxic particle that can freely travel through our cells and bind to every molecule of life in our bodies and cause damage. Tritium is a carcinogen, a teratogen and a mutagen all rolled into one."

According to Savabieasfahani, there is no safe threshold level for tritium, as it can harm living organisms no matter how low its concentrations.

"Tritium can cause tumors, cancer, genetic defects, developmental abnormalities and adverse reproductive effects," she explained. "Tritiated water is associated with significantly decreased weight of brain and genital tract organs in mice and can cause irreversible loss of female germ cells -- eggs -- in both mice and monkeys even at low concentrations. This we know."

Even at very low concentrations, tritium causes cell death, mutations and chromosome breaks. Per dose, it is twice as damaging to our genetic makeup as x-rays and gamma rays

for more....

www.truth-out.org...

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Whoah! Tat is a MAJOR problem.

Cant the US do something?

The UN, NATO? Someone?

Trump needs to stop being a baffoon, and quickly re-direct focus and do something good for a change and stop this from happening..

Since our country obtains so much food from the Pacific this could be a horrific game changer!

They should find a way to filter the tritium out... would high powered magnets work?

(post by RazorV66 removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 01:19 AM
link   

+6 more 
posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 01:21 AM
link   
a reply to: FyreByrd

That website must have just got a carrier pigeon from their office in Japan, but this news is a month old ATS thread.

It's probably already in the spicy tuna roll you had for dinner, take some iodine. You'll be fine. Think of how big the king crab legs are gonna be in a few years... and there will 10-12 maybe 15 legs per crab. There really is no downside to this.

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 01:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lucidparadox

originally posted by: RazorV66

Trump needs to stop being a baffoon, and quickly re-direct focus and do something good for a change and stop this from happening..

Thanks for confirming that you are just a Leftist troll.
Maybe Hillary could offer one of her used Depends, that should filter out the radiation.

I really want to serve you up a comeback but that was actually really funny, although I disagree with the political lean of your post, you get a start for good humor!

Yes my post may have had a little Trump hate, but I was being serious.

The U.S. needs to do something about this because it can affect us.

I do fear however that Trump wouldnt do anything though because he has shown not to care about the environment.

What exactly would you like him to do?

'Hey Prime Minister Abe you know our history, and you're going to laugh, but America really has an issue with the radiation problem you're causing us.'

+17 more 
posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Who cares about the radiation poisoning the pacific ocean, theres statues offending us!

+13 more 
posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 01:33 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 01:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ksihkehe

originally posted by: RazorV66

Thanks for confirming that you are just a Leftist troll.
Maybe Hillary could offer one of her used Depends, that should filter out the radiation.

I really want to serve you up a comeback but that was actually really funny, although I disagree with the political lean of your post, you get a start for good humor!

Yes my post may have had a little Trump hate, but I was being serious.

I do fear however that Trump wouldnt do anything though because he has shown not to care about the environment.

What exactly would you like him to do?

'Hey Prime Minister Abe you know our history, and you're going to laugh, but America really has an issue with the radiation problem you're causing us.'

Yet another star. Everyone is so funny today.

You make a valid point, they kind of have us by the balls on that one.

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 02:11 AM
link   
Hmmm, so Tritium causes females to become sterile in essence.

Anyone seeing a possible depopulation agenda going on here?
edit on 19-8-2017 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 02:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Lucidparadox I am sorry to tell you this. There is nothing anyone can do. Putting waste underground will have just as much of a affect as in the watter. Atleast in the ocean there is life that can rid the toxins. Though at a cost but the ground is a worse idea. And launching all that into space is also not a good idea. What is the rocket explodes. Then we have a bigger problem. Tepco failed at first to respond with actions that could have made the whole process easier and less damaging. But failed, I am sorry

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 02:14 AM
link   
We are so screwed, but at least we can laugh at the Reaper right??

Hahahah. Goodbye Earth.

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 02:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: markosity1973
Hmmm, so Tritium causes females to become sterile in essence.

Anyone seeing a possible depopulation agenda going on here?

Yes, the hardest part of pulling it off was figuring out how to cause a false-flag earthquake and the subsequent false-flag tsunami. Was probably cgi.

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 02:58 AM
link   
Fukushima is something that just keeps on giving and will continue to give for generations. The whole mess started with the idea to put a nuclear plant with fuel rods stored on top of the plant in that location.

Nuclear is great (discounting the waste stored and still not disposed of) until something goes wrong like a china syndrome meltdown.

I wonder what government agency would tell the population the Pacific sea food is unfit for human consumption....if it came to that premise ??????????? ...

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 03:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: muzzleflash
Goodbye Earth.

Oh the Earth will be fine. Life on it however will either adapt or die. Probably the latter.

Remember the GP oil spill in the gulf? Mother nature cleaned that pretty quick in her terms.

A simple search shows me there's an estimate 187 quintillion gallons of water in the Pacific. They are dumping about 178 million gallons.

Yeah.

The Earth will be fine.

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 05:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Lucidparadox

The US needs to do something about Japan releasing radioactive material into the ocean because...it can affect us. I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that the unbelievable irony of that statement is completely lost on you.

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 05:55 AM
link   
Seeing as they are living already under threats of nuclear bombing from NK, I guess they figure what does it matter.

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Whoah! Tat is a MAJOR problem.

Cant the US do something?

The UN, NATO? Someone?

Since our country obtains so much food from the Pacific this could be a horrific game changer!

They should find a way to filter the tritium out... would high powered magnets work?

Tritium is an isotope of Hydrogen with two extra neutrons. So it can bind to Oxygen to make water (H2O), carbon to make hydrocarbons like methane, ethane, and any other organic molecule. At the same time it gives off beta radiation (high energy electrons) that can ionize and damage other molecules nearby.

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 06:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky
Fukushima is something that just keeps on giving and will continue to give for generations. The whole mess started with the idea to put a nuclear plant with fuel rods stored on top of the plant in that location.

Nuclear is great (discounting the waste stored and still not disposed of) until something goes wrong like a china syndrome meltdown.

I wonder what government agency would tell the population the Pacific sea food is unfit for human consumption....if it came to that premise ??????????? ...

They removed the fuel rods from the storage space above the reactor. The whole mess started with the idea of putting nuclear reactors with submerged diesel generators on the coastline next to an area with tsunamis.

If the diesel generators had been high up above ground, there would have been no problem. But the USA government were desperate to promote nuclear energy as the future, so "leaned heavily" on the Japanese government to approve the construction of the nuclear reactors at that location.

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 07:45 AM
link   
The world is so not concerned with three out of control nuclear suns burning on the face of our planet, that we still think this is a great idea.

The Tokyo Summer 2020 Olympics. Yes, it'll be hot there. Great. Great idea. That'll fix it. Not. We need to be innovating nuclear containment, not building one hit wonder concrete stadiums.
Thanks for the thread. Shine a light. Fukushima still burns.

ETA: *face palm*
Just found the logo. It Looks Like A Mushroom Cloud.
MAKE IT STOP!

edit on 19-8-2017 by DancedWithWolves because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join