It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black Lives Matter Activists Float Criminalization of Confederate Imagery

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Black Lives matter Chicago has a great idea, ban all Confed flags, statues and groups. I suppose BLM Chicago may want to think about the 9 people shot to death last weekend. Naa.

“After WWII, Germany outlawed the Nazis, their symbols, salutes & their flags. All confederate flags & statue, & groups should be illegal,” tweeted the Black Lives Matter Chicago Twitter account, @BLMChi.
www.lifezette.com...

So tearing down statues is the answer to hiding our sensitive eyes and hearts to the distressful parts of our past? Let's not talk or see any images? What about slavery? Should we sweep that little sweetheart of a blemish from our senisitive national eyes? This groovy idea even goes so far as to suggest taking confed imagery from private hands....

In the aftermath of violence at a white nationalist rally in Charlottesville, Virginia, progressive activists nationwide have demanded, and in some cases illegally carried out, the tearing down and removal of statues and monuments to Confederate leaders and soldiers on public space. Now Black Lives Matter activists have gone even further — going so far as to call for a ban on all Confederate imagery — even in private possession.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

What can you say. They're stupid. For real. But, politicians are whores for votes and if threatened, will cave to the stupidity.

Many of the cities' mayors and police chiefs allow this kind of vandalism and destruction. They stand down because they agree with it. Those people should be removed from office, imo.

Be Careful Who You Vote For.

edit on 17-8-2017 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 10:13 AM
link   
The Confederate flag is beautiful. I have no stake in the politics, or emotions behind it. I have always been drawn to it aesthetically.

Removing it, or any other piece of history from that time period would be the crime.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 10:23 AM
link   
"Black Lives matter Chicago has a great idea, ban all Confed flags, statues and groups"

They need to ban thugs, gangsters and drug dealers out of their neighborhoods.

They are far more threatening than any flag.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 10:24 AM
link   

After WWII, Germany outlawed the Nazis, their symbols, salutes & their flags. All confederate flags & statue, & groups should be illegal,” tweeted the Black Lives Matter Chicago Twitter account, @BLMChi.

I see the brownshirts/Ministry of Truth is on the march where will they stop?

That hacktavist is conflating different era's.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Black_Fox

And slavery should be washed from history as well. Never brought up, talked about or in films. Anything that is ugly and divisive should be scrubbed from history, after all that is what Germany did after WW II, and they are right, right?

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 10:27 AM
link   
They tore down statues and pictures and everything Saddam Hussein in Iraq .
Has that erased everything and made the country peaceful? Nope.
Doing that does nothing but help people forget what they are upset about then they just stay mad and keep fighting , then if you were to ask why they are fighting you will not get any real reason .

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Jefferton

...And notice the beautiful similarity it has to the british flag...

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 10:29 AM
link   

All confederate flags & statue, & groups should be illegal

Which would include the Democrat Party,planned parenthood,gun control, and state in marriage.

ALL

So they don't really mean ALL.
edit on 17-8-2017 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 10:29 AM
link   

What about gangster rap? They advocate for killing "whitey" and embracing criminality.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: starwarsisreal

What about gangster rap? They advocate for killing "whitey" and embracing criminality.

I don't think that is in BLM Chicago's wheelhouse.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Planned parenthood has killed more black kids than the confederacy.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
a reply to: neo96

Planned parenthood has killed more black kids than the confederacy.

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh don't ruin their cause with TRUTH.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 10:45 AM
link   
First the statues emblems and flags
Next will come the book burning of all books contrary to their narrative or deemed offensive
Krystalnacht beckons
Lets change history to one we like

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 10:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Black_Fox
"Black Lives matter Chicago has a great idea, ban all Confed flags, statues and groups"

They need to ban thugs, gangsters and drug dealers out of their neighborhoods.

They are far more threatening than any flag.

Yep. It's a war zone there. Approaching 500 deaths this year. Thousands shot. A much larger issue than one person being run over by a car.

heyjackass.com...

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Yeah, only a matter of time before they try to ban Civil War re-enactment, but I'm not surprised. There was someone on here who didn't think much of it.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 08:14 PM
link   
well I agree with all of you and it brings to mind George Carlin's bit on ! 'The four groups of people who need to go" Sorry I haven't learned to make a link yet but it's on you tube! maybe some could make a link please and thanks

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Bring it, Bureau of Land Management, bring it.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 05:39 PM
link   
The Black Lives Matter people will find they can not win in some cases.

Confed flags, and groups are protected under the First Amendment.

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 07:47 AM
link   

All imagery pertaining to slavery or references thereof along with the confederate flag should be illegal. Sign me up.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join