It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why both sides are terrible in this whole Charlottesville debacle.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

No, unlike you, I am condemning both sides.

That's not the way you come off to me. The majority of your energy seems to be demonizing the folks against the Nazis and KKK and White supremacist. You have made it abundantly clear that you favor the Right wing pro Trump in most of your previous threads and post. You need to own up to your agenda.
edit on 16-8-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Let me just say the one major flaw in saying the sides are equal is purely logic

The philosophy of supremacy is vile and ignorant. Even just scientifically ignorant.

The anti supremacy side is not all antifa.

I would also protest nazis marching through my town. My grandfather was in ww2, lost two great uncles....fascism is vile and disgusting. But I am not antifa. And if I got violent I would accept my punishment. However being a former amateur fighter and college wrestler, life long martial artist I would probably just take my lumps Ala mlk or ghandi and try and avoid being critically wounded.

Maybe a quick accendental trip if I was attacked.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

No, unlike you, I am condemning both sides.

That's not the way you come off to me. The majority of your energy seems to be demonizing the folks against the Nazis and KKK and White supremacist. You have made it abundantly clear that you favor the Right wing pro Trump in most of your previous threads and post. You need to own up to your agenda.

Well lets see, I haven't had one person accuse me of defending antifa on here.

But I have had person after person saying I am a nazi defender.

So where do you think most of my responses would be directed?

But I can make broad assertions about you too:

You clearly are an antifa defender because you have spent most of your time calling out the other side. So you defend all of the violence they have done at past riots.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: luthier

Let me just say the one major flaw in saying the sides are equal is purely logic

The philosophy of supremacy is vile and ignorant. Even just scientifically ignorant.

I would also protest nazis marching through my town. My grandfather was in ww2, lost two great uncles....fascism is vile and disgusting. But I am not antifa. And if I got violent I would accept my punishment. However being a former amateur fighter and college wrestler, life long martial artist I would probably just take my lumps Ala mlk or ghandi and try and avoid being critically wounded.

I never said both sides were equal, just that there is blame to both sides.

I see where you are coming from.

Let me try to explain it like this.

On the "right wing" group, you have nazis, white supremacist, and I would guess some people that are neither that were there because they are pro free speech, against taking down the statue, or anti antifa.

But lets just simplify and say they were all racists on the right side.

On the left, you had antifa, blm, many innocent people standing up for what is good by condemning the disgusting races, and probably other innocent people.

Then there was a middle group on neither side; clergy, the ACLU, reporters, spectators, the militia.

So the group on the right and antifa and parts of BLM on the left decided theey wanted to beat the tar out of each other. As a result, innocents on the left and middle were hurt.

Saying both sides are to blame is not saying that those innocents on the left were to blame, or those in the middle.

It is saying the hateful violent people from the right group and the hateful violent people from the left group are to blame.

So yes, I understand that the anti supremacy side were not all antifa; and I commend those people that were there to peaceful speak out against the vile evil racist pigs and got caught up in the violence from the two sides.

But this does not mean that I defend nazis or think they aren't disgusting and worthy of being shouted down wherever they show up.

I just also happen to think the same of antifa.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

I never said both sides were equal, just that there is blame to both sides.

I see where you are coming from.

Let me try to explain it like this.

On the "right wing" group, you have nazis, white supremacist, and I would guess some people that are neither that were there because they are pro free speech, against taking down the statue, or anti antifa.

But lets just simplify and say they were all racists on the right side.

On the left, you had antifa, blm, many innocent people standing up for what is good by condemning the disgusting races, and probably other innocent people.

Then there was a middle group on neither side; clergy, the ACLU, reporters, spectators, the militia.

So the group on the right and antifa and parts of BLM on the left decided theey wanted to beat the tar out of each other. As a result, innocents on the left and middle were hurt.

Saying both sides are to blame is not saying that those innocents on the left were to blame, or those in the middle.

It is saying the hateful violent people from the right group and the hateful violent people from the left group are to blame.

So yes, I understand that the anti supremacy side were not all antifa; and I commend those people that were there to peaceful speak out against the vile evil racist pigs and got caught up in the violence from the two sides.

But this does not mean that I defend nazis or think they aren't disgusting and worthy of being shouted down wherever they show up.

I just also happen to think the same of antifa.

There are a few more logical flaws.

One the militias are not neutral. There are many videos you can watch of the even. A few may have been but it didn't seem they were interested in protecting both sides.

Once you show up to a rally and the vast majority people are shouting racist propaganda would an in innocent person join that groups protest. I imagine the decent people protesting actual free speech and the statue would not get in that line.

If the anti side were a majority of antifa folks shouting fascist commie slogans I wouldn't join that March either. But that wasn't the case. For instance the casualties from the hit and run were almost exclusively local. There is a video of a church group getting assaulted etc.

I think sure the antogonists can be to blame but the sides are not remotely equal in philosophy. I am talking about the bulk of people in attendance.
edit on 16-8-2017 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: PublicOpinion

a reply to: watchitburn

Going to compare Antifa with al Qaeda? You're insane.

Now AntiFa, up to this point they have done nothing but riot, loot, destroy and attack people.

The moment they actually kill people you can come at me again.

Sides... as in "living" or "dead"? It's plain as day, you're either part of the murderous bunch or you aint. Stop with the mental gymnastics and try a mirror, douchebag. Have at it!

Just curious, is that when you said when a person attending a BLM rally killed five cops?

You were either part of murderous BLM, or you weren't?

You obviously have issues with many things.

That individual probably visited McDonalds on the same day as well, ban all murderous Big Macs?

haha!

Well thanks for outing yourself as a hypocrite.

You wanna blame BLM for one member on a murder-spree, go ahead! How is cop-killing part of their agenda now?

Meh. We're just having a debate and all you've managed to come up with, was an ad hominem attack with cop-out. I can't really tell you what I think about all that, this isn't the mud-pit. Let's just try to keep the mud in the pit, shall we?

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Now AntiFa, up to this point they have done nothing but riot, loot, destroy and attack people.

Sides... as in "living" or "dead"? It's plain as day, you're either part of the murderous bunch or you aint. Stop with the mental gymnastics and try a mirror, douchebag. Have at it!

Just curious, is that when you said when a person attending a BLM rally killed five cops?

That individual probably visited McDonalds on the same day as well, ban all murderous Big Macs?

haha!

You wanna blame BLM for one member on a murder-spree, go ahead! How is cop-killing part of their agenda now?

Meh. We're just having a debate and all you've managed to come up with, was an ad hominem attack with cop-out. I can't really tell you what I think about all that, this isn't the mud-pit. Let's just try to keep the mud in the pit, shall we?

First off you said this.

(Douchebag? Glad to see you don't use ad homs and keep it civil)

When you say murderous bunch, what were you refering to?

Thats right, that one of their group murder someone there.

So with this group, you are either part of the whole murderous group, or against them.

But when a BLM person shoots 5 cops, that is just one individual and you can't blame the group for that.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 12:33 PM
link   

haha!

First off you said this.

So with this group, you are either part of the whole murderous group, or against them.

But when a BLM person shoots 5 cops, that is just one individual and you can't blame the group for that.

I think he is saying the actual leadership of the hate groups that organized the rallies no just members.

For instance saying they are glad a patriot like him killed some commies.

That is different than a member popping off.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 12:34 PM
link   

haha!

First off you said this.

I think he is saying the actual leadership of the hate groups that organized the rallies no just members.

'I'd be glad to see quotes of the leaders saying that.

If so I will strongly condemn it.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 12:34 PM
link   

haha!

First off you said this.

“I’m sorta glad that them people got hit and I’m glad that girl died,” Moore said in a voicemail to WBTV. “They were a bunch of Communists out there protesting against somebody’s freedom of speech, so it doesn’t bother me that they got hurt at all.”

“I think we’re going to see more stuff like this happening at white nationalist events,” Moore warned.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 12:35 PM
link   

haha!

First off you said this.

“I’m sorta glad that them people got hit and I’m glad that girl died,” Moore said in a voicemail to WBTV. “They were a bunch of Communists out there protesting against somebody’s freedom of speech, so it doesn’t bother me that they got hurt at all.”

“I think we’re going to see more stuff like this happening at white nationalist events,” Moore warned.

Can I see a link?

I don't know who moore is.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 12:37 PM
link   

haha!

First off you said this.

Can I see a link?

www.nydailynews.com...

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 12:45 PM
link   

haha!

First off you said this.

Can I see a link?

www.nydailynews.com...

Yep, further proof of the disgusting a-holes in the KKK.

I am not sure that this guy was an organizer of the rally, but his people were definitely there, and they too are disgusting.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 12:48 PM
link   

haha!

First off you said this.

Can I see a link?

www.nydailynews.com...

I am not sure that this guy was an organizer of the rally, but his people were definitely there, and they too are disgusting.

Are you able to find any black lives matters leaders saying similar things or holding armed marches?

Have you seen this documentary? Surely it is biased in the sense it doesn't show the crazy left but it can't be denied the things said by the horses mouths. Some pretty big thinly veiled threats in there as well.

youtu.be...

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 12:49 PM
link   

haha!

First off you said this.

Yeah another despicable human being that is part of the problem and can go # himself. What? Did you expect a different reply?

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Somebody comparing al Qaeda with Antifa is the definition of douchebag. Clearly an understatement and I wasn't aware that this isn't in the pit, being such a muddy thread and all that. Ashes over my head, douchebag!

You don't know what murderous bunch I was referring to? No hunch whatsoever? I'd blame the Antifa now if I were you.

edit on 16-8-2017 by PublicOpinion because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 12:51 PM
link   

haha!

First off you said this.

Can I see a link?

www.nydailynews.com...

Are you able to find any black lives matters leaders saying similar things or holding armed marches?

Have you seen this documentary? Surely it is biased in the sense it doesn't show the crazy left but it can't be denied the things said by the horses mouths. Some pretty big thinly veiled threats in there as well.

youtu.be...

Does advocating for white genocide count?

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Perfectenemy

haha!

First off you said this.

Yeah another despicable human being that is part of the problem and can go # himself. What? Did you expect a different reply?

No I was saying the two groups are not equal. Anti naxis are not all antifa.

Also that the leadership as far as I know of BLM or others have not said these types of things or organized marches to show how armed and ready they are.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Both sides showed up with shields and clubs their intent was clear.

In my eyes they all look like idiotic goons.

They probably think they look like this.

Imagine if they got their act together and learned how to use those things. Hmm, that could be interesting.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Perfectenemy

haha!

First off you said this.

No I was saying the two groups are not equal. Anti naxis are not all antifa.

Also that the leadership as far as I know of BLM or others have not said these types of things or organized marches to show how armed and ready they are.

No of course not.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join