It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Couple Dies in Double Euthanasia After 65 Years of Marriage

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: silo13

No, euthanasia is not 'of God'. He's not 'cool with it' and if anyone is? It's satan who wants to do everything to destroy, not to build up.

I'm sure you prove that, right?

Yes. I've already given scripture that states our bodies are NOT our own. They were paid for with a price (Christ's blood and resurrection). To do anything to hurt the 'temple' of God - is against Him.

Among many other scriptures that tell us to have faith in Him, to believe He will never leave us, He is with us always yet it's HIS will to be done, NOT ours.

On no, you can't.

Did.

Because your book doesn't say anything about euthanising the terminally ill. It's just a fantasy made up by their overly religious, like yourself.

Hun, I'm not religious at all, lol.

I have a personal relationship with God the Father, The Holy Spirit and Jesus that is OUTSIDE the law. Pretty simple. Though that being said, we still, because we love God do our best to stay in the law. But the only way we can be saved is by grace.

Like I've said. Your god is ok with it as he has let it be done. Or is your god such a small being that he has no control? Oh wait, it gave us free will to do as we please. That includes euthanasia.

Ahhh, willful ignorance. Ok. Well. God's not 'ok' with it, nor is He 'ok' with ANY sin. He abhors it. But He loves us so much He sent His son to free us from sin.

And yes, we have free will and if you want to practice your free will by killing yourself - that's your choice, but don't kid yourself that just because God gave you free will He's 'ok' with it.

peace

edit on 4601Tuesday201713 by silo13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 06:08 PM
link   

You're not religious yet you're hear preaching that your god doesn't allow euthanasia? I'm sorry to tell you this, but you're religious.

So your god gave us free will, but we can't do what we want? Not much of a free will then.

And no, you haven't shown anywhere from your special book that your god doesn't allow euthanasia. That's because there's nothing in there about it, apart from your god is ok with it as (according to your book) your god did it to jesus.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: silo13
You like using up band width to point out the obvious don't you.

Hah. Talk about "using up bandwidth."

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryDon79
So your god gave us free will, but we can't do what we want? Not much of a free will then.

Apparently some people think God likes when the talking monkeys are in great pain, to them he is being described as a sadistic child with a giant magnifying glass.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 06:15 PM
link   
I used to look after old folk, one Lady 98 years of age so frail and in so much pain she asked me everyday to let her die but the Doctors kept her alive and her morphine didn't do much for her, If I was a braver man I would have helped her pass.
She had a great family who visited often daily and it broke their hearts to see her like this they also would have helped her pass but none of us brave enough.
To this day I feel bad that I didn't help her.
Nah I will do myself in before that....and it should be my right to put it on paper for someone to help me do it If I am unable.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 06:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: testingtesting
....and it should be my right to put it on paper for someone to help me do it If I am unable.

Only if it is 'death by Jesse Ventura sleeper hold'.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

No better way to go

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Apparently some people think God likes when the talking monkeys are in great pain, to them he is being described as a sadistic child with a giant magnifying glass.

And some seem to think we're still living 2000 years ago without modern medicine and doctors who can diagnose when someone will live the rest of their lives in pain.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 06:30 PM
link   

You're not religious yet you're hear preaching that your god doesn't allow euthanasia? I'm sorry to tell you this, but you're religious.

Nope, no preaching. It's what He tells me from His word.
And, your opinion of me does not change that I know who and what I am. It's only your opinion.

Yes we CAN do what we want.
There's no CAN'T about it.

We CAN do what we want but because we LOVE HIM and are thankful for the price he paid for our eternal life? We WANT to do what is pleasing and right in His eyes. All in all we also know His way is better for us than ours.

And no, you haven't shown anywhere from your special book that your god doesn't allow euthanasia.

No, I didn't tell you what He 'allows'. I specifically said He tells us we're not supposed to. If you want to live in willful ignorance, that's fine. Your free will.

That's because there's nothing in there about it, apart from your god is ok with it as (according to your book) your god did it to Jesus.

Ok, well, ya know what. I've shown you there IS something about it and really if you want to believe 'God did it to Jesus' - knock yourself out.

We’re told - at some point when you're sharing something so incredible special with someone else... Something that will give them peace they've never even imagined... A love they could never allow themselves to believe they can have just for the asking.? When you’re sharing this and the listener just keeps up with willful ignorance?

Simple, dust yourself off and walk away.

So, it's been great talking to you.

I really hope one day you choose to find out for yourself what the truth really is.

Eternity is a long time - and your life depends on it.

Peace

edit on 0731Tuesday201713 by silo13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Still waiting for your magical "god said euthanasia is bad".

You've been asked plenty of times and produced it zero times. I thought Christians weren't supposed to lie?

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryDon79

Then you're not reading my responses.

I've posted repeatedly.

The bible says our bodies ARE NOT OUR OWN.

Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own;
1 Corinthians 6:19

Using a little bold text there to get your attention!

We, our bodies, were BOUGHT with a PRICE - The Blood of Jesus Christ.

For you have been bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body.
1 Corinthians 6:209

We are NOT to do anything to harm, the 'temple of God' (Our bodies) and/or a body that does not belong to us.

So - you can take that or leave that for like the 3rd time.

Yay!

Other than to ask - and - it's none of my business what your answer is, as it would throw the thread off topic.

But just for you?

1) Who made you?

2) Why were you born?

3) What's going to happen to you when you die.

peace

edit on 0546Tuesday201713 by silo13 because: html

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 06:48 PM
link   

All of that rant and not a single time did you show where in your special book your god saying euthanasia is bad. You wouldn't have just made it up, would you?

1) Who made you?

2) Why were you born?

To answer both of those questions, here's a YouTube video on how babies are made. Here's a little teaser though, it's called sex.

3) What's going to happen to you when you die.

I'll let you know after I'm dead.

ETA: Your 2 Corinthians quote is wrong. It's
1 Corinthians 3:17
If anyone destroys God's temple, God will destroy that person; for God's temple is sacred, and you together are that temple.

It's funny you can't even get your own book right lol. Still, it doesn't say you can't be euthanised. It's talking about the literal church (temple) and a group of people (Corinthians). THIS should help you understand your book better
edit on 1582017 by TerryDon79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 07:55 PM
link   

ETA: Your 2 Corinthians quote is wrong. It's
1 Corinthians 3:17
If anyone destroys God's temple, God will destroy that person; for God's temple is sacred, and you together are that temple.

It's funny you can't even get your own book right lol. Still, it doesn't say you can't be euthanised. It's talking about the literal church (temple) and a group of people (Corinthians).

Great! You're looking stuff up!

Yeah, you've hit on something cool.

There are many scriptures that cover the same subject. So, even though your Corinthians quote is correct - so is the one I posted. Repetition is used to confirm scripture, not one to cancel out the other, especially when they both are similar.

You know how many times it talks of God's love for you in the bible? I stopped counting at 50! But there are many more.

As for the 'literal church' and the 'temple'.

Paul didn't just write this to the people of his time, but for all time.

And - want to hear something really cool? The 'temple' of God - is fabricated exactly after our own life/spirit and visa versa.

That's why He doesn't want us to kill ourselves well, beyond many other reasons.

You know... You remind me of one of the great (so called) atheists. He was so SURE he was RIGHT? He started to study. And the more he tried to prove the bible wrong? He proved it right.

He's become one of the greatest Christian debaters of modern time.

You might like to listen to some of his stuff on YouTube - Frank Turek.

(One) of his books is: 'I don't have enough faith to be an atheist'... here

I'd be glad to send you my copy.

It really helps to understand the sanctity of LIFE and why we're not supposed to take our own life, or the life of others.

And yesssss, we have free will so we could - but - in loving Christ and ourselves, we dont' want to, and shouldn't.

peace

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 07:57 PM
link   

All of that and yet you still haven't shown where in your precious book your god says "euthanasia is bad".

It's almost like you're trying to change the subject because you've been caught out.
edit on 1582017 by TerryDon79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 08:09 PM
link   

All of that and yet you still haven't shown where in your precious book your god says "euthanasia is bad".

It's almost like you're trying to change the subject because you've been caught out.

It's said in the 'End Times' people will be blinded to the truth.

I'm really beginning to think either you're blinded or just being, as I said, willfully ignorant.

I've explained many times, giving you scripture to support why we're not supposed to kill ourselves.

If you still don't get it?

Nothing more I can do.

I mean honestly, if you don't understand the scripture I'm posting - what you've posted yourself?

Nothing I can do to help you.

All I can leave you with is the bible isn’t ‘my’ precious book. It’s yours too. If you want it.

Take care.

peace

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Aaaaaaaamd still nothing.

So let's get this right. You think eathansia is wrong because your god doesn't approve, even though there is nowhere saying your god doesn't approve.

Seems like you've got a bit of a "I know better than my god" complex going on there.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 08:14 PM
link   

It is morally right to ease people's suffering.
Euthanasia will be made legal in more places as it is our life to live how we want and it should be our choice when to leave this life.
Nowt to do with anyone nor any god only the individual.
If you don't agree with euthanasia don't do it.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Euthanasia will be made legal in more places as it is our life to live how we want and it should be our choice when to leave this life.
Nowt to do with anyone nor any god only the individual.
If you don't agree with euthanasia don't do it.

But that would give people a choice (free will).

How dare people have a choice about their own (or loved ones) lives.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Did you know that repeating yourself often and with many words doesn't make you right?

Do you not have a clue how many other people can read these posts and can see with their own eyes and their own discernment your question has been answered repeatedly?

Doesn't that make you wonder at all what you're up to, deep down?

Why you're spending so much time denying what's been presented to you repeatedly?

But you stick your fingers in your ears and close your eyes and yell 'blah blah blah blah blah' - because you refuse to hear it?

Well I'll leave you with a thought.

I have the responsibility as a Christian to do my best to point out to others what I know to be true. It's not your truth, I know, but I have the responsibility to express what I KNOW is true.

From there? It's all on you.

So, take from it what you will.

The Lord knew us, in the womb, before we were even born.

He gave up His life to give us eternal life.

He asks we follow Him and because we love Him, we want to follow Him.

Which means (as the scriptures back up) - our bodies are not our own - which does not give us the right to take our own life, or the life of another.

Do not murder. Period. It isn’t any plainer than that.

Euthanasia = murder = God says don’t.

Take care. I'm done here.

peace and God Bless You.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Murder will never be 'moral' in the eyes of God.

Done here.

Anyone else?

Peace
edit on 1021Tuesday201713 by silo13 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join