It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Couple Dies in Double Euthanasia After 65 Years of Marriage

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: abeverage

Well, if you want to go biblical, euthanasia would be ok. Jesus was put to death AND the biblical god allowed it. If you believe in predestination, god and Jesus would have known Jesus was going to be put to death.

Thats euthanasia right there

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 02:55 PM
link   
on one hand i'm all for freedom of choice but on the other i know how selfish humans are and that once people are given such freedom, that eventually one day the government will use that freedom during economic crisis or whatever issue comes up to forcefully depopulate sickly, disabled and elderly to save money, heck it'll probably be used regularly to keep cost low by insurance companies and medicaid..

america is not europe, Canada or the U.K and is far more prone to authoritarian tendencies that favor corporations, it will be abused by corporations and government on a regular basis if it fully became legal.

so i have to oppose it completely regardless of the good it would do for some people.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 02:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: silo13
We were given life as a gift - it's not up to us to take our own lives away.

That's your opinion.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryDon79

I have no 'rants' hun. Just answering questions.

And no, I do not believe in abortion, 'assisted' suicide or anything that ends life before God ends it.

peace

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 04:23 PM
link   

And no, I do not believe in abortion, 'assisted' suicide or anything that ends life before God ends it.

peace

Why? Your god is ok with all of it. Even if it wasn't, it gave us free will to choose to do it.

Or do you think you know better than your own god?

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 04:30 PM
link   

peace

I believe in them cause they are real...
I am curious does this also include the death penalty?

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Well, the scripture does - but without using the word suicide. It's inferred though.

Anyway - I’ll just throw out some stuff off the top of my head.

Judas committed suicide. So did 6 other people in the New Testament., I believe it’s 6, yes. So yes there are a few.

Some on anger, some in revenge, some in repentance, depression and rebellion. None of them were outwardly condemned but they surely do not follow the path God wants us to take.

Our body is a ‘temple’ of the Lord and we’re taught not to defile that temple - where suicide would be a big no no.

God asks us to do ‘His will’ - not our own - pretty much that includes leaving life and death up to Him. Simple as being told not to murder. Suicide = self murder.

Paul contemplates suicide, and realizes he’s was on the earth for a purpose and when that purpose was fulfilled? He’d be released.

Added note before I go on. I don’t believe (as many do) suicide is the ‘only unforgivable sin’ - as that’s not true at all. There is only one ‘unforgivable’ sin. Something believe suicide is. I don’t. I just believe life is holy.

Then there’s Matthew 22:39, where Christ says that you must love your neighbor as yourself. If loving yourself means that you could kill yourself, then it would follow that you could do the same to your neighbor, and clearly that is condemned.

The ‘thief’ (satan) comes to steal and destroy. So fine, give in to satan. That would suck but I believe God would forgive you. I hope. That's why I’m grateful I’m not God, I can’t make those decisions.

But what I can make is decisions for myself, and yes, as you can see, I believe it’s not only wrong, but, it’s falling right into what TPTB want you to think and believe.

Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own, you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your body
(1 Corinthians 6:19-20).

So be a sheep, they say the same about Christians but funny enough you all are doing the same.

peace

ADDED NOTE: To answer the question I just saw from you. No, I might feel the want for revenge in my heart and for that I have to be repentant, but no, I do not believe in the death penalty. Though we are supposed to follow the 'law' of the land, so, if it's a law in my State I have to support it, like it or not.

edit on 0039Tuesday201713 by silo13 because: see above

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryDon79

Why? Your god is ok with all of it. Even if it wasn't, it gave us free will to choose to do it.

Or do you think you know better than your own god?

Do you often talk about things you know next to nothing about?

God is not 'alright' with all of 'it', that's incredibly ignorant to even think so much less believe so.

Regardless, yes, He gave us free will. Do what you want - but you will be judged.

As for knowing better than my own God? No, see that's the difference between being a Christian and not. We KNOW we know nothing. Nothing without Him. Non-Christians, illogically, think the 'know' almost everything, as long as it falls within the parameters of what they want to hear.

peace

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift

We were given life as a gift - it's not up to us to take our own lives away.

That's your opinion.

You like using up band width to point out the obvious don't you.

lol

peace

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 04:45 PM
link   

God is not 'alright' with all of 'it'...

How would you know? God tell you?

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Well, if you want to go biblical, euthanasia would be ok. Jesus was put to death AND the biblical god allowed it. If you believe in predestination, god and Jesus would have known Jesus was going to be put to death.

Thats euthanasia right there

God came down to earth to give His life for all of us.

If you want to play semantics and call that suicide? Go right ahead. Butt you’re forgetting something very important. God’s/Jesus is the creator - NOT the created. That's where the difference comes in.

And, again, He gave His son, the Creator, to come down to give His life, to save the created.

No greater truth or miracle than that.

Praise God!

peace

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: namehere
on one hand i'm all for freedom of choice but on the other i know how selfish humans are and that once people are given such freedom, that eventually one day the government will use that freedom during economic crisis or whatever issue comes up to forcefully depopulate sickly, disabled and elderly to save money, heck it'll probably be used regularly to keep cost low by insurance companies and medicaid..

america is not europe, Canada or the U.K and is far more prone to authoritarian tendencies that favor corporations, it will be abused by corporations and government on a regular basis if it fully became legal.

so i have to oppose it completely regardless of the good it would do for some people.

Exactly.

Look at this:

...but few countries have come as close to eradicating Down syndrome births as Iceland.
source

Where will 'they' draw the line? Deaf, dumb, blind people? Those with low IQ? What about the ones who're not as physically pleasing to the eye as others? We've already made it a 'right' to kill a child that isn't 'wanted' - why stop there, right?

There is NO line left to cross once you've already crossed the line.

peace

edit on 0751Tuesday201713 by silo13 because: emphasis

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: silo13

So now I know nothing about your fairy tale book?

Seems I know it better than a few apologists on this site, including yourself.

Your god was all for euthanasia. Jesus would be the number one for that.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 04:58 PM
link   

According to your own book, Jesus was the son of god, not god.

But your god's ok with euthanasia, so why shouldn't you be?

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 05:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

God is not 'alright' with all of 'it'...

How would you know? God tell you?

Yes, through His scripture which is 'God Breathed'.

And yes, by the Holy Spirit which is our comforter and helps our conscious.

And you’re more then welcome to use all the sarcasm you want - it doesn't phase me a bit, only actually makes me feel real pity for you...scoffing at something you don’t even understand.

But! On a good note!
In the end, guess what?

God wins.

peace

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 05:28 PM
link   

That's nice. For those of us who don't really care about scripture it's irrelevant to the decision making process.

I would ask you to cite the specific passages against euthanasia but we both know there aren't any.

If the Holy Spirit is comforting people dying an agonizing death why are they dying an agonizing death?

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 05:32 PM
link   

According to your own book, Jesus was the son of god, not god.

No, according to the Bible = God/Jesus/Holy Spirit are one - yet an entity of their own.

Here, this explains it.

Oh, and as I said. There is a difference between being the Creator (Them) and the created (us) and yeah, that means if He wanted to offer His life as a sacrifice, no, that's not euthanasia.

The Bible teaches that Jesus is a separate and distinct God who existed with the Father before anything was created.

The Father did not create Jesus; in fact, all three have existed from eternity.

Carefully examine the words of John: "That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked at and our hands have touched this we proclaim concerning the Word of life. The life appeared; we have seen it and testify to it, and we proclaim to you the eternal life, which was with the Father [in the beginning] and has appeared to us." (1 John 1:1, 2, insertion mine, italics mine)

As eternal beings, the Father and Jesus have no origin since Jesus was with the Father before anything existed. John amplifies Jesus' eternal life with the following verses: "In the beginning was the Word [this title describes Jesus], and the Word [Jesus] was with God [the Father and the Holy Spirit], and the Word [Jesus] was God [having the same substance as the Father and the Holy Spirit].

He [Jesus] was with God [the Father and the Holy Spirit] in the beginning [when eternity began]. Through him [Jesus] all things were made [Jesus is the Creator of all life and substance]; without him nothing was made that has been made. . . . The Word [Jesus] became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We [Peter, James and John] have seen his glory [on the Mount of Transfiguration], the glory of the One and Only, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth." (John 1:1-3, 14)

Maybe you'll read it? I dunno...

So no, euthanasia is not 'of God'. He's not 'cool with it' and if anyone is? It's satan who wants to do everything to destroy, not to build up.

Just like TPTB.

I would be interested for you or someone else to start a thread on the killing of babies with DS in Iceland. Let's see how that goes over.

I guess I'll have to if someone doesn't step up to the plate.

peace

edit on 3139Tuesday201713 by silo13 because: html

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 05:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

That's nice. For those of us who don't really care about scripture it's irrelevant to the decision making process.

Then quit asking me about it, lol.

I would ask you to cite the specific passages against euthanasia but we both know there aren't any.

I already did.

If the Holy Spirit is comforting people dying an agonizing death why are they dying an agonizing death?

Useless for me to even respond as you call scripture 'irrelevant.'

I can tell you from first hand experience?

What you see on the outside of someone in terrific pain - isn't always what the person is 'feeling' on the inside.

Been there done that... *Wink*

peace

edit on 3137Tuesday201713 by silo13 because: fix quote

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 05:38 PM
link   

no, euthanasia is not 'of God'. He's not 'cool with it' and if anyone is? It's satan who wants to do everything to destroy, not to build up.

I'm sure you prove that, right?

On no, you can't. Because your book doesn't say anything about euthanising the terminally ill. It's just a fantasy made up by their overly religious, like yourself.

Like I've said. Your god is ok with it as he has let it be done. Or is your god such a small being that he has no control? Oh wait, it gave us free will to do as we please. That includes euthanasia.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Then quit asking me about it, lol.

I'm not, you're the one who interjected religion, scripture and 'talking to God' into the topic.

I already did.

No, you didn't, none of them speak against euthanasia, it's just your personal interpretation of them.

Useless for me to even respond as you call scripture 'irrelevant.'

Probably because you cant.

What you see on the outside of someone in terrific pain - isn't always what the person is 'feeling' on the inside.

I'm going to take someone's word when they say they're in agonizing pain that they're in agonizing pain.

If and when you end up in a scenario causing you unbearable pain you can suck up and deal with it for Jesus. Other people don't have to.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join