It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Submarine UC3 Nautilus Sank Today. Female Reporter Is Missing

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Hellmutt

This is an odd story, and this particular bit just kind of sticks out to me:

In 2015, she investigated the tourism industry in Haiti after the powerful earthquake struck the Caribbean island in 2010

I'll leave off any further speculation until more information is released, though.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Checked out the island a little bit on google street view seems like not the best area to drop off a young lady in the evening looks very industrialized and kind of shady. Not to mention video cameras in the area dont back up his story.Keep us updated ... she seemed like somebody that had a lot going for her.

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 12:20 AM
link   
There is a timeline at the bottom of this article. It's already in english, so you don't need to translate it.

Danish submarine owner detained over Swedish journalist's death

Madsen was remanded in custody for 24 days by Copenhagen City Court on Saturday afternoon, reports TV2.

The Danish Defence Command was searching for the submarine from Friday 2:30am to 10:30am. That's 8 hours, and we still don't know what happened between Thursday 7:30pm to Friday 10:30am. That's 15 hours. His radio apparently worked at 10:30am after someone spotted the sub. When a boat was nearby, Madsen was seen at the top of the sub. Then he went inside the sub for a brief moment. He came up again, and then the sub suddenly sank within 20-30 seconds.

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Like I said above I hope they took ample samples of the sea water trapped within the sub to check for blood because I doubt her body was on board but he did sink it to remove the evidence, her body is somewhere out at sea and probably weighted down.
She was in my language a very pretty and petite woman of about 5'2" to 5'3" and only about 9 stone so not a big lady in anyone's definition, she stood no chance against a man like that even though he is not the biggest guy in the world and his action's show premeditation, he wanted her alone aboard that submarine of his and so even texted his crew not to come.
God only know's what that young woman suffered at his hand's.

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 06:51 AM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

I'm wondering how feasible it is for blood to still be traceable within the sub if it's exposed to that much sea water, also I guess we are assuming that the sub is also flooded out... I wasn't aware of that from the article... just that ballast issue turned into a major fault, doesn't necessarily mean the hatch was left open though?

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: fill0000

The last 4 paragraphs are telling in my estimation, he was floating in the tower, saw the boat approaching went back briefly inside to scuttle the sub, because he didn't want to scuttle it till he knew he could be picked up.

www.theguardian.com...

Submarine in missing journalist case sunk on purpose, Danish police say
Inventor Peter Madsen is alleged to have scuttled vessel off coast of Denmark that Kim Wall had been aboard
Police technicians investigating Nautilus submarine after Kim Wall’s disappearance.
Police technicians investigating Nautilus submarine after Kim Wall’s disappearance. Photograph: Jens Noergaard Larsen/AFP/Getty Images
View more sharing options
Shares
Nicola Slawson, Mark Brown and agencies
Sunday 13 August 2017 11.59 EDT First published on Sunday 13 August 2017 08.53 EDT
An amateur submarine maker is in custody in Copenhagen as police investigate the disappearance of a Swedish journalist who had been onboard his vessel before he is alleged to have deliberately sunk it off Denmark’s east coast.

Peter Madsen, a Danish inventor whose crowdfunded submarine Nautilus sank near Copenhagen on Friday, was arrested on preliminary manslaughter charges but has denied responsibility for the fate of 30-year-old Kim Wall.

Amateur submariner arrested over Swedish journalist's disappearance
Read more
He claims she disembarked on an island about three-and-a-half hours into their trip on Thursday night, according to Copenhagen police.

Police spokesman Jens Møller Jensen said on Sunday that the submarine had been raised from the sea bed and searched but no body had been discovered. The search for Wall in the water, from the air and on land, continues.

Møller Jensen added that there were indications that Madsen deliberately sank his submarine.

On Saturday, after a two-hour custody hearing held in private, Judge Kari Sørensen ordered that Madsen be held in pre-trial detention for 24 days while the investigation into Wall’s disappearance continued.

Prosecutor Louise Pedersen said Madsen faced a preliminary manslaughter charge “for having killed in an unknown way and in an unknown place Kim Isabell Frerika Wall of Sweden sometime after Thursday 5pm”.

Madsen’s defence lawyer, Betina Hald Engmark, said her client maintains his innocence. He is “willing to cooperate” and hasn’t decided whether to appeal the detention ruling, Hald Engmark said.

Wall, a freelance journalist, had been writing about Madsen and his submarine at the time of disappearing, according to Swedish and Danish reports.

Swedish journalist Kim Wall was writing about Peter Madsen and his submarine.
Facebook Twitter Pinterest
Swedish journalist Kim Wall was writing about Peter Madsen and his submarine. Photograph: Tom Wall/EPA
“It is with great dismay that we received the news that Kim went missing during an assignment in Denmark,” her family said.

She lives between New York and Beijing, the family said, and has written for titles including the Guardian, New York Times, South China Morning Post and Vice. Her LinkedIn page says she writes about “identity, gender, pop-culture, social justice, foreign policy and the undercurrents of rebellion”.

Madsen made headlines when he successfully financed the building of the 40-tonne, 18-metre Nautilus through crowdfunding, completing it in 2008.

He appeared on Danish television on Friday to discuss the submarine’s sinking and his rescue. Footage aired on Denmark’s TV2 channel showed him getting off what appeared to be a private boat and making a thumbs-up sign as he walked away. “I am fine, but sad because Nautilus went down,” he told TV2.

Danish police say they have not found the body of a missing Swedish journalist inside the submarine that sunk off the eastern coast last week.
Danish police say they have not found the body of a missing Swedish journalist inside the submarine that sank off the eastern coast last week. Photograph: Jacob Ehrbahn/Ritzau Foto via AP
Madsen said “a minor problem with a ballast tank … turned into a major issue” that ultimately caused the sinking of the vessel, considered to be the largest privately-built submarine of its kind. The ballast tank is a compartment that holds water to provide stability.

“It took about 30 seconds for Nautilus to sink, and I couldn’t close any hatches or anything,” Madsen said. “But I guess that was pretty good because I otherwise still would have been down there.”

Swedish police said later in the day that they were investigating the whereabouts of Wall, who they said had been on the submarine at some point. “Whether the woman was on board the submarine at the time of her disappearance is unclear,” police said.

A navy spokesman, Anders Damgaard, said: “He told us that the journalist who also had been on board had been dropped off on Thursday evening. They were the only two on board yesterday.”

Submarine owner and inventor Peter Madsen.
Submarine owner and inventor Peter Madsen. Photograph: Bax Lindhardt/EPA
Authorities were alerted to issues with the voyage when Wall’s boyfriend reported her missing early on Friday. Two helicopters and three ships searched the sea from Copenhagen to the Baltic Sea island of Bornholm.

The navy initially said the craft was “found sailing” south of Copenhagen. But Damgaard later said the 40 tonne submarine had sunk.

Kristian Isbak, who had responded to the navy’s call to help locate the ship, sailed out immediately Friday and saw Madsen standing wearing his trademark military fatigues in the submarine’s tower while it was still afloat.

“He then climbed down inside the submarine and there was then some kind of air flow coming up and the submarine started to sink,” Isbak said. “[He] came up again and stayed in the tower until water came into it”, before swimming to a nearby boat as the submarine sank, he added.

Madsen “told us he had technical problems” to explain why the submarine failed to respond to radio contact, Damgaard said.
edit on 13-8-2017 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 10:12 PM
link   
put this guy in a pressure suit and drop him in the marianas trench.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Update [August 14, 10:00 am Eastern]: The Nautilus has been raised, but no body was found aboard. However, police are continuing to hold Madsen, as he has changed his story about dropping Wall off. Details of his new narrative have not been publicly shared. Madsen will be held an additional 24 days while an investigation continues. Police believe Madsen deliberately sank the sub.

ArsTechnica.com - Biggest amateur-built sub sinks—owner is suspected of killing passenger [Updated]

No body AND the story changed. Hum? They need to keep him in jail because it will be a matter of time before his story changes again and he is charged with a crime.

This has all the makings of a Reality TV Show.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

As I suspected she has been dumped at sea, probably weighted down and the sinking was to destroy or try too destroy any remaining forensic evidence such as blood stain's etc.
Finding her will be a nightmare given the size of the area he could have moved through in that time period, extremely difficult if not absolutely impossible like looking for a needle in a warehouse sized haystack.
My belief and gut feeling is that he either had a sexual motive OR he had read what she was writing and did not like it for some reason so decided to kill her possibly in a fit of rage but her murder was definitely premeditated and even planned.
Manslaughter really needs to be upgraded to murder as his charge but until they can prove foul play that will be difficult to enforce.
Even if he later changes his story again and says' it was an accident that will only be so that he get's out of the murder category which in most nation's carries a stiffer penalty than manslaughter (Accidental or not deliberate killing), I would say she has been DELIBERATELY murdered.

edit on 14-8-2017 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Something about this seemed... uh,... off?, from the start.

The guy is building rockets but turns around and builds a submarine? (Not just one but three!) Then "appropriates" the vessel when funding runs out. Then a reporter start hanging around. Money and secrets. Now a missing person that was with this guy who just happens to be the last person to see her alive.

There seems to be a whole segment of the story missing here. Or as the Bard may have noted, something is rotten in Denmark.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 05:36 PM
link   
As a premeditated crime, this seems almost impossibly stupid. It’s not like there are that many people to suspect.

My guess is he was attracted to her and wanted to be alone with her, thinking some fantasy of his would play out.

But things did not go as planned and it all went horribly wrong.

He planned ahead to be alone with her, but he didn’t plan ahead to kill her.

Just a thought.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Blood, or no blood. One possible reason to sink the sub, is to prevent sniffer dogs from detecting the scent of a body. I guess sniffer dogs usually have problems with water. However, there it at least one dog that can.

The dog that finds underwater bodies

Iain Marshall believes he has the only dog in Scotland that can detect bodies that are under water.

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Changing his story? obviously huge red flag... but isn't this he same laws that helped Van der Sloot skate in the Natalie Holloway case? Not sure just asking...

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Looks like he's admitted to this woman dying on his boat. Then he just disposes of the body.

www.foxnews.com...

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: cosmania

So she just died unexpectedly and instead of steaming towards shore, he decides to bury her at sea?

I mean most sane people would do steam towards shore,shoot off a flare,get anybody's attention immediately ,if they had nothing to do with her death.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 03:43 PM
link   
A woman's torso has been found in the search area. No arms, no legs, no head. Not identified yet. I saw this on danish and swedish tv news. The media believe it might be Kim, the police says they don't know yet.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Also, according to a now removed article from the danish newspaper BT, a witness described the torso with having a chain around it.

The Copenhagen police will neither confirm or deny the claim

source

edit on 21 8 2017 by Skeletonized because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Skeletonized

It has been confirmed by DNA analysis, it is the poor woman's torso and it was weighted down with metal, the limb's and head had been cut off according to one police officer so a definite murder, that rat will now likely plead insanity once he know's the game is up.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 11:26 AM
link   

BBC.com, news - Kim Wall: Headless body identified as missing journalist.

Such a nice guy! She had an "accident" so he buried her at sea. That was what a captain should do!! It is his duty.

The limb removal and weighing down are of course going to be an extra fee...

[/sarcasm]

Call it what it was. A body dump. If Danish court is anything like 'Merican court you can add on misinforming to police (lying) and tampering with evidence to the list of crimes. There are probably some environmental crimes too like sinking his submarine.

Throw the book at the guy.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

The problem to my mind is that they have only charged him with culpable manslaughter according to the BBC but to my mind it look's like an open and shut case of murder with some degree of premeditation, the images of the girl do not do her justice as she was actually very beautiful and is described as a good and lovely person by all that knew her.

This man is in my book nothing but a maniac, we may never know what he did to her though there is a possibility of some forensic evidence still coming to light given the recovery of her torso it is highly unlikely after being submerged (But almost a miracle that it did come ashore and so close to were she was dumped almost like some unseen hand wanted justice for her as well), the fact that her torso someone floated ashore even though it was weighted down is also a tragic gift that may allow the prosecutors in this case to change that charge to murder which it really should be.

The difference in sentence can be quite a lot actually though Danish and indeed Nordic prison's in general are like holiday camp's compared to many other's around the world being based on the concept of reform rather than punishment so he will not receive the level of punishment this type of crime surely demand's.

It must have been a nightmare come real for that woman trapped in those confine's with a monster, his motive is the question still to me though, she was far more attractive than the photograph they use show's BUT she was also investigating him and may have uncovered financial discrepancy's in how much of that donation money actually went into building his submarine, he may have read some of her note's on the story she was planning and simply gone berserk so there is a feint possibility that it was not a sexual crime but I do remain absolutely convinced that this was a murder not an accident, would he have dismembered her body had it been an accident?.

edit on 23-8-2017 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join