It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Submarine UC3 Nautilus Sank Today. Female Reporter Is Missing

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 09:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015
a reply to: Abysha

She said his torpedo was too small and he raged on her.

Well, seamen can be risky, even more so the ones that want to dive deep and go to the bottom....

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 10:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: cosmania

Usually, when the press hides so much about someone in a report, it's because something isn't politically correct.[/quote

I agree , but I cant see this being a PC issue unless the Captain was Muslim. So I don't think thats it.

The only other scenario that could possibly make some sense is Rape. They typically don't disclose the victims name that was raped. However that is typically when the victim is in custody and not missing?

However, since they are not releasing images or name of the reporter and it looks like she was working for an American newspaper , I have C-I-A or other 3 letter agency popping in my head . Add a Submarine to the mix and I think drug smuggling or some other type of smuggling. Perhaps the deal or agreement went south or he saw something he wasn't suppose too? Pulling out of thin air ,but I can't think of a reason why not show a missing persons picture or name?

Heck maybe she is not even really missing and they are putting pressure on the Captain to play ball? if he agrees she returns.

Ofcourse he could also just be a whack job but not releasing the identity of the missing person is very odd. Especially when the victim is one of their own , you would think they would be more helpful?

Also will be interesting to see if the body or the person that shows up matches the original description

edit on 00831America/ChicagoFri, 11 Aug 2017 23:00:38 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 12:52 AM
link   
I just saw the news on Danish tv (TV2). They mentioned that some video surveillance equipment were present in the area where Peter Madsen says he dropped off the journalist at 10:30pm. I'm not sure whether the police has seen this footage or not.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 01:30 AM
link   
This is the area where Peter Madsen said the journalist had been dropped off Thursday evening. As you can see, it's near the Freetown Christiania.

Refshaleøen - Google Maps

Refshaleøen, Copenhagen - Wikipedia

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 02:17 AM
link   
A trip scheduled for Friday to Bornholm, was canceled by Peter Madsen Thursday evening for unknown reasons. Two men who were supposed to be among the crew, says they got an sms from Peter Madsen canceling the trip. According to one of them, he got the sms after 10:30 pm. The other one says he got the sms at 7:30 pm. Someone took a photo of the sub at 7:30 pm, showing a woman with a red jacket aboard the sub.

Peter Madsen aflyste torsdag aften planlagt ubådstur over sms (in Danish)

Google translated:

Several people who say they are part of the crew of the submarine have since declared submarine that they had planned to sail to Bornholm on Friday with Peter Madsen in "UC3 Nautilus", which would appear at 14.00.

For unknown reasons, Peter Madsen chose to cancel the trip on Thursday evening.

It tells Christoffer Meyer, who has helped build the submarine and is a good friend of Peter Madsen. He spoke last time with Peter Madsen on Thursday at 19.30, when he was informed that the trip was canceled.

At that point, according to Christoffer Meyer, Peter Madsen did not mention a word that he was heading out into the submarine with a journalist.

An unnamed man also tells the Swedish newspaper Expressen that he should have participated in the planned trip to Bornholm.

"But then I received a sms last Thursday (Thursday, ed.) That it was canceled," explains the man who, according to the newspaper, has known the submarine owner Peter Madsen since 2008 and himself has a past in the Navy.

According to Expressen, the text ticked in at a time when Peter Madsen, according to his own statement, had already left the Swedish journalist at the Refshale island.

According to the man whom Expressen met outside Peter Madsen's hangar and workshop on Refshale Island on Friday, he sent a text back to Peter Madsen asking why the trip was canceled. The text was never answered, it sounds from the man.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 02:55 AM
link   
This photo was taken at 7:30 pm, Thursday evening. The photo is from this article.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 03:43 AM
link   
It does look like she might be dead. Another possibility is that she was part of a plot and is now hiding. They needed an excuse to seize his computers or something? However, I believe she's dead. Until her body is found or Peter Madsen confess that he killed her, we can't know for sure.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 03:52 AM
link   
According to this danish article, the journalist's name is Kim Wall.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 04:00 AM
link   
There's a picture of her here. Kim Isabel Fredrika Wall.

edit on Sat 12 Aug 2017 by Hellmutt because: they changed the name

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 04:18 AM
link   
The photo from the article:

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 05:21 AM
link   
Here's another photo of her. A selfie from her Facebook page.

Google translated:

Kim Wall is educated from prestigious Columbia University in New York, where she honors after studying Journalism and International Affairs, both of which she has a master's degree in.

She is also trained in dealing with hostile environments, as according to the profile on her website, she can first aid. The Swedish journalist has made her mark internationally, where she has won prizes.

In 2013, Kim Wall reported from Sri Lanka, who had previously been ravaged by civil war, and has written about feminism in the guerrilla war.

edit on Sat 12 Aug 2017 by Hellmutt because: to add Google translated quote from the article

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 05:41 AM
link   
The photo from the other article:

Click to enlarge...

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 08:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox
a reply to: intrptr

Yea im guessing foul play..

If there were a safety issue you would think he beaches the sub and waits on whatever deserted island with her..

It's just REALLY HARD to imagine a situation where he leaves her alone on some island as the best choice available..

Unless that island was a city..

The sub surfaces, begins to fall with water, he panics and abandons ship. As captain he's supposed to you know , go down with it. I don't know the circumstances, though.

f he pushed her out the way to get out first, then lied about t, thats worse than confessing he didn't have time to rescue her first.

Somewhere theres this Maritime clause, if two people are aboard a lifeboat that can only hold one and the stronger of the two pushes the other out and drowns, thats legal. Survival of the fittest.

This only applies to survival situations at sea. He should feel bad, but as captain, and if he lied, then hes culpable for her death.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 08:53 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

f he pushed her out the way to get out first, then lied about t, thats worse than confessing he didn't have time to rescue her first.

UHm , I don't think that is likely .

If he pushed her out and she hit her head and got herself knocked out the coward would just lie and say the ship went down ,and he was not successful in saving her. It actually would have been a more reasonable excuse then dropping her off and disappearing.

It suspect that he purposely sunk the sub for one reason or another. Also don't dismiss the husband being involved just yet.

Nonetheless its a very bizarre story so far. However that could be due to the limited information released so far and the incompetence of some of the journalist that didn't include a picture or name of a missing person.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 09:53 AM
link   
The submarine has been salvaged. They haven't told the press yet whether they've found Kim Wall's body inside or not. Footage from surveillance cameras at the spot he claims to have dropped her off at 10:30 pm, have been given to the police. The charges still stands, so I guess they were not seen in the footage. The press was not allowed to witness today's hearing, allegedly to spare Kim Wall's relatives (who still hopes that she might be alive). Peter Madsen has a desire to tell his side of the story to the press, but he's not allowed to do so.

Upræcis sigtelse skaber mystik om opfinder og ubådskaptajn (in danish)

Google translated:
("Incorrect term creates mystery about inventor and submarine creature")
The title actually translates to: "Unclear (or vague) charge creates mystery about inventor and submarine captain"

Inventor and submarine owner Peter Madsen's sincere wish is to explain to a miserable public. But he must not.

Prosecutor Louise Nielsen has read the sentence on Saturday at Copenhagen City: At one point Thursday evening after 19:00, Madsen must have killed the Swedish woman Kim Isabell Frerika Wall in an unknown way and in an unknown place.

At the same time she demanded that the hearing be held for closed doors. And Judge Kari Sørensen said yes.

Sørensen believes that an open hearing may be offensive to relatives of Kim Wall and may interfere with police further investigation.

At the same time, the police is missing one of the most important elements of a killing case, namely a corpse. It has not been found. In any case, you have not told the public.

For some strange reason the charge is that he's killed her some time after 7 pm, by method unknown and at an unknown location. There's a photo of her taken at 7:30 pm, so it must have happened after 7:30, if it happened at all.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Hellmutt
The woman in red ...

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Another quote from this article (Google translated) :

In 2015, she investigated the tourism industry in Haiti after the powerful earthquake struck the Caribbean island in 2010, and in 2016 she was awarded the Hansel Mieth Award for Best Digital Reporting for her work on climate change and nuclear testing on Marshall Islands in the Pacific.

On his Twitter profile, the award-winning Swedes write about themselves:

'I read foreign politics, and now I write about hackers, scammers, voodoo, vampires, chinatowns, nuclear bombs, feminism, etc.'

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 12:13 PM
link   
The police say they have not yet entered the submarine. The submarine is now being transported somewhere. They'll enter it in about three hours or so. They say they don't know what they'll find inside.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 12:36 PM
link   

His story is just bizarre, will be waiting for details. but my money goes on the beady eyed bastard killed her, panicked and scuttled his sub.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

I believe so too. I doubt they'll find her inside the sub. If he killed her Thursday evening, he'd have had the whole night + several hours of daylight to sail somewhere and hide the body. As it is a submarine, he could've gone a far distance undetected underwater.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join