It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Submarine UC3 Nautilus Sank Today. Female Reporter Is Missing

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Today, one of the scientists involved with this project, lost his submarine. The submarine UC3 Nautilus was reported missing and a large search and rescue operation was lauched. The scientist built the submarine and he was also the captain. He had a passenger on board, a swedish female reporter. The sub was found, but shortly after the captain was rescued it sank.

From Wikipedia:

On the 11th of August 2017 Nautilus was reported missing in the morning after it hasn't returned to harbour. A large search operation was lauched using helicopters and ships in the part of Øresund just outside the harbour of Copenhagen.[9] Eight hours after reporting missing Nautilus was found sailing and in good condition in bay of Køge. The captain Peter Madsen reported that they have had some technical problems.[10] Less than an hour later Nautilus was reported sunk and all aboard rescued

However, only the captain was rescued. The swedish female reporter is now missing. He claims he dropped her off somewhere on the coast for some reason, alive and well. But she's still missing. Divers are being sent down to the wreck. Where is she, and what happened?

Private sub sinks in Denmark; pilot safe, passenger missing

Footage aired on Denmark's TV2 channel showed the 46-year-old Madsen getting off what appeared to be a private boat and making a thumbs-up sign as he walked away.

"I am fine, but sad because Nautilus went down," he told Denmark's TV2 channel.

The woman was a journalist writing about Madsen and his submarine, Swedish and Danish media reported.

"He told us that the journalist who also had been on board had been dropped off Thursday evening," Damgaard told The Associated Press. "They were the only two on board yesterday."

It was the woman's boyfriend who alerted authorities the submarine was missing early Friday.

Related ATS threads:
Danish inventors produce first amateur rocket designed to send humans into space
Amateurs To Launch Themselves Into Space

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Hellmutt

He claims he dropped her off somewhere on the coast for some reason, alive and well. But she's still missing. Divers are being sent down to the wreck. Where is she, and what happened?

If her body is found still inside the wreck, he's in big trouble.

Somebody said recently chivalry is dead. Women and children first, captain?
edit on 11-8-2017 by intrptr because: spelling

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 09:19 AM
link   

I would be a little hesitant to get on a sub anyway, but after looking at the photos on the link.... I wouldn't think about getting on a sub with that guy as the captain.... even if it wasn't a sub that was hand built by him.
edit on b000000312017-08-11T09:19:40-05:0009America/ChicagoFri, 11 Aug 2017 09:19:40 -0500900000017 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 09:39 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Yea im guessing foul play..

If there were a safety issue you would think he beaches the sub and waits on whatever deserted island with her..

It's just REALLY HARD to imagine a situation where he leaves her alone on some island as the best choice available..

Unless that island was a city..

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Why did the submarine even sink? The military was searching for it for hours. Eventually, it was found sailing and "in good condition". He blames "technical problems" as the reason for not using his radio. Why did it sink all of a sudden?

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 09:55 AM
link   

The swedish female reporter is now missing

Is he straight and is the reporter hot
? Could be a quick case to close?

Weird their is no information on who the reporter is or a pic of her, which usually goes with a missing person case?

Hope she is alright

edit on 30831America/ChicagoFri, 11 Aug 2017 10:30:33 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Home made marmalade? I'll give it a go. Home made submarine... not so much...

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 10:06 AM
link   
I'm betting the problem is he tried to park his little submarine in an unauthorized port. When the great captain didn't comply with the denial he probably parked his submarine there anyway....

The scuttle of the real submarine was probably just to cover his little submarines tracks...

Just my .02

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 10:08 AM
link   
There's a male sexist joke here I'm sure.

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

Where did it say he dropped her off on an island? Did I miss seeing that in one of the links? I did see 'coast', but not 'deserted island'. Maybe her boyfriend met her after she was dropped off.

I would question the boyfriend, too.

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015
There's a male sexist joke here I'm sure.

Look up!!

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 10:14 AM
link   
I've found this old video on Youtube

I've looked at numerous articles in Norwegian, Danish and Swedish media (and even Russian media, even though I don't speak Russian). They say the reporter is in her 30's, but don't mention her name, and there are no pictures of her.

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 10:27 AM
link   
The history of their rocket/spacecraft is pretty sketchy too.
They launched it unmanned and it had a 26G impact with the water. Had it been manned, the occupant would have been very dead.
Submarines, spacecraft.... it is not just baking a cake.

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Latest breaking news in Danish media. The captain has been charged with murder! No more details yet, but they may update.

Svensk journalist stadig savnet - Ubådsejer sigtet for drab

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Google translate:

Peter Madsen, owner of the submarine Nautilus, has been charged with killing a Swedish journalist. It informs the police in a press release.

Peter Madsen denies guilty and has explained that he left the woman at the tip of Refshale Island around 22.30.

The police stated in the announcement that it has not been possible for divers to enter the submarine, which is located on seven meters of water.

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 10:58 AM
link   
More details here, also in Danish:

Svensk journalist forsvundet: Ubådsejer sigtet for drab

Google translated:

Peter Madsen is charged with killing the woman who disappeared from his submarine

Peter Madsen denies guilt of killing.

The police have issued this description of the missing 30-year-old woman: 160 cm tall, 56 kg, 30 years, faint of building, reddish brown hair, green eyes. Wearing an orange blouse with long sleeves, black and white floral skirt, nylon stockings and white tennis shoes.

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hellmutt
Latest breaking news in Danish media. The captain has been charged with murder! No more details yet, but they may update.

Svensk journalist stadig savnet - Ubådsejer sigtet for drab

That didn't take rocket science to see coming.

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

Google translate:

Peter Madsen, owner of the submarine Nautilus, has been charged with killing a Swedish journalist. It informs the police in a press release.

Peter Madsen denies guilty and has explained that he left the woman at the tip of Refshale Island around 22.30.

The police stated in the announcement that it has not been possible for divers to enter the submarine, which is located on seven meters of water.

So he just pulled that sub right up to the shore and beached it like a boat to let off the damsel in distress..

Anyone know how you beach a submarine? I'm super curious!!!!

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: GuidedKill

You float back out once the tide rises.

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

More like submarine science, doh!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join