It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The joy of Culture Clashes in Europe

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Wardaddy454

"Own slaves" or "Won slaves"? The slaves they did have were members of either invading Tribes and/or neighboring Tribes that got over-run.. The N.A. certainly didn't travel 1,000s of miles to import their labor.

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Spanish guy here.

This is not an isolated incident, but a common occurence that happens every summer since I can remember, and I'm 26.

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

I've no objection to hard working immigrants that contribute to their adopted country whatsoever! That's what immigration/emigration should be about, what contribution can you make or will you just add to the unemployment statistics? That scenario isn't the one being played out all over Europe though is it? These "immigrants" have for the most part jack sh*t to offer, and many have openly stated they want into the UK for those benefits, many in Calais for example have state quite categorically that they won't accept asylum in France as their benefits are no good not like Britain. It should be remembered that these immigrants have passed through several other countries where they could have stayed, but no, they all head to Britain and our wonderful social security benefits with zero intention of working. Those that do work usually work illegally and tax free, often for business run by those from the same country often for existing family members. Such "work" contributes nothing to the UK.

As is often the case, birds of a feather flock together, so large numbers of migrants go to where those already in the Uk are living. Then when they discover that all is not well in the land of milk & honey, ghettos form and gang rule prevails, followed by drug dealing and prostitution rackets. All to earn a quick buck. Its not about a better life, if they truly wanted that they could have had it in one of the many countries they passed through on route, no, its about the money always the money and what they can get for free

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: ElZorro

Thank you for backing up my previous statements on these incidents not being isolated or just one-offs

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: PhyllidaDavenport

I'm considering opening a whole thread as an spanish insider as to what is like around here, but I haven't still decided which forum is to be posted in.

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 04:34 PM
link   

This one I would think...Civil unrest

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 04:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: PhyllidaDavenport
a reply to: ufoorbhunter It should be remembered that these immigrants have passed through several other countries where they could have stayed, but no, they all head to Britain and our wonderful social security benefits with zero intention of working.

But they do work here Phylidia. They are generally good workers. You know the real reason they want to get to the United Kingdom? I'll tell you........................ It's because we are are good people here in Britain. We accept people of different culture and religion as long as they are willing to work hard. I've got a good friend from Ukraine but who's actually born an Azeri from the old USSR. He told me he'd lived all over Europe. Guess what....... He said the only decent people he'd lived among since leaving the former USSR was the Brits. He said Europeans were vile! That's why they come here Phylidia, we are a decent people here in the UK and as far as I'm concerned if these people are willing to work hard and help our economy then it's a real big thank you from me and welcome to our country

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 04:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: ParasuvO

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
a reply to: ketsuko

Hard truth, but there it is. They're being overrun by those who do not want to be European in culture same way that Native Americans got overrun by those who did not want to embrace their ways.

How can you compare what amounts to a ragged bunch of unorganized economic migrants, to an invading force such was the English army in its prime, taking over the world as we know it ?

How can you not?

You saying this is not being done on purpose?

Wow another entirely asleep being, wonderful.

You misunderstand me, of course this is being done on purpose, they could be stopped .

I was pointing out the force is not comparable to an organized army.

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 04:37 PM
link   

I'm apparently not able to open a thread for reasons unknown.

I suspect anti-spam procedures.

I'd like to add a thing or two. Those migrants are not refugees, never claimed to be and will never do because they don't really need to.

And they're not exactly nice people.
edit on 11-8-2017 by ElZorro because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 04:48 PM
link   

I'm sorry honestly but I beg to differ on this point. The Africans rarely work and certainly not legally, unless of course they are the qualified high up Nigerians. These migrants you see at Calais etc will not work. They state clearly many times over the years, they want the benefits. For goodness sake there was even a bus load sent to Denmark who refused to get off the bus unless it took them to either Uk or Sweden...for the benefits. There are so many articles and videos etc showing African illegals crying "give me the money" that its no longer funny anymore (if it ever was)

You quote a Ukrainian friend, we've had Ukranians Latvians Poles etc in this country for donkeys years. THEY are the hard workers, the reliable workers, the ones that have integrated and think of themselves as British whilst keeping their old culture at home. They don't make demands never have...because their culture is similar to our own, their values are similar to our own, therefore it is easier to become socially cohesive with those of their adopted country. Africans are not the same have different values and completely different cultures. Comparing Eastern bloc immigrants to sub-saharan immigrants is like apples and oranges

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 04:48 PM
link   

You have to post so many replies to other threads before you can start your own

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 04:52 PM
link   

I specifically registered to answer to this post.

Anyway, I'm not against decent people coming to my country to work and continue being decent people.

But, as has been mentioned elsewhere, I'm wary of long outgrown superstition and ways of life reemerging in a milieu where our liberal democratic, fundamentally christian and western society is being nothing but reviled.

It is astonishing, for example, how lenient are feminists to muslims while simultaneously belligerent to the christian establishment.

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Africans do work hard. I see them all the time in our local pot banks. They are wanted here because they work hard. Hey Phylida YOU YOURSELF are an AFRICAN. You should be proud of your people and how they like you make a contribution as immigrants to the United Kingdom. We need more of you Africans to do the work our lazy dossers won't do

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 05:27 PM
link   

The US did not have a welfare system at the time it was settled. If immigrants want to come to the UK to work hard and cotribute, they can join the queue of legal immigration applicants and wait their turn.
edit on 11-8-2017 by CulturalResilience because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 05:47 PM
link   
a reply to: CulturalResilience

You do make a good point there. I take issue with Phylidia as she demonises immigration from africa in her thread starter while SHE HERSELF IS AN AFRICAN IMMIGRANT from what was Rhodesia and obviously has an axe to gring against people from that zone. I am in industry and can tell you from experience, we need these newcomers as 50 % of our locals are lazy as they come and are drugged/alcoholed up and are useless. The migrants work hard and pay their taxes. We need them

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 06:05 PM
link   

I don't have an axe to grind I simply say it how it is. If you don't like it that's not my concern
The real people actually keeping most of Africa together are the women....they are the ones that will farm....they are the ones that have children to feed.....they are the ones who will do almost anything to put food on the table...meanwhile the majority of the men will gamble drink and steal or join gangs. I've seen this scenario sooo many times in Zimbabwe and Namibia, where women will walk miles and miles for work or food while the men stay at home drinking. Its a totally different attitude there compared to here and this is something many people don't quite understand

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 06:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: Bluesma

A rant?

Hardly.

It is what I see the similarities in the situation to be. However, if you perceived it be a "rant," then perhaps I might suggest that reveals something about your attitude in this as well.

What? I said I deleted my long story telling of my experiences because I deem it a rant. I don't even think I clicked on "reply" before I changed my mind and deleted it... How could you have read it and judged whether it was ranting or not?

I considered it a rant because it was long and in depth on the cultural clashes in California, and that is not the subject of this thread. Whatever; I don't know how you saw it, (remote viewing, telepathy..?) but you certainly have the right to your opinion. For me that stuff I wrote remains a rant.

...and people are giving stars to your psychic impressions and judgements on text no one saw?

edit on 11-8-2017 by Bluesma because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: GusMcDangerthing

originally posted by: WombRaider69

originally posted by: PhyllidaDavenport
They are colonists. They are escaping there own sh*tpot countries rather than do something about it

Hmm I wonder why their countries are "sh*tpots"...

Ohhhh a cartoon with money in developed countries and Africa all dug up which represents how they have been ravaged by the evil colonials! Except that was many, many years ago and they've been running their own sht pot countries into the ground with full autonomy.

Stop trying to blame western, developed nations for the faults of the natives of the sht holes who couldn't run a local bake sale, let alone a country.

Utter nonsense.

siliconafrica.com...

France, among many others, is still doing it today ! So take your "it happened long time ago" bullsnip somewhere else.

Shocking how stupid people can be in the age of the Internet

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 06:48 PM
link   

We need exactly the people we need, and there are also a lot of people we sure don't need.

Anything else might be an accident, but, boy, I did indeed met with some africans that were decent folks. I doubt those are the kind this thread is talking about.

The guy who comes in a cardboard boat through the Gibraltar Straits, the ones who do use violence to get through the borders in African Spain, those are, cruelly enough, not needed. Those are mostly illiterate desperate individuals who have acquired a lifelong debt with some serious organized crime networks and will always be repaying for it, through criminal activities once in Europe, whether they do it willfully or not.

We just cannot open the borders and have anybody in need to get in, because we are not entitled nor able to self-declare ourselves as the saviors of humanity this way. That's simply deluded.

Not to mention the obvious security issues.

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: ErrorErrorError

You do of course, being the most enlightened and consequently permitted to call everyone else stupid, that the companies now in Africa were INVITED in? Bribery and corruption

They themselves can't be arsed actually running the operations, but those at the top are more than happy to take the gifts and kickbacks

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join