It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The joy of Culture Clashes in Europe

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 03:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Substracto
a reply to: justagod

Different times, in those days it was about discovering other worlds and expanding empires, now it's about welfare and resources. Different historical contexts.

Different times but same reasons. Back then Europe was experiencing a population explosion hence people had to move to the new world as the resources available just couldn't support this growth. Same now, just this explosion is happening elsewhere and is coming here.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 03:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xaphan

Multiculturalism has (mostly) been a success in North America, in my opinion. I'm in Canada, and people here can trace their ancestry back to Ireland, Scotland, Italy, Greece, Japan, Israel, you name it. I'm a mix of Dutch, Welsh, and Native American, but I don't really care about my ancestral past, and I think that's the only thing that can really guarantee success in a melting pot country: people not caring where their forefathers were from and exclusively focusing on where they were born.

Hmmn... I notice the lack of Middle eastern, African, Pakistani, Arabic,

in your multicultural melting pot??

That is where the current immigrants are coming from steeped in the

culture of the middle ages ..... perhaps thats where the problems lies?

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 03:55 AM
link   
a reply to: justagod

Karma my hairy bum......people throughout history have expanded conquered invaded. There have always been a superior race or 2, those that get further ahead than others those that develop quicker and as a result they expand and conquer and bring their knowledge to other places. At one point in history it was the Romans, and boy did we learn a lot from them, and that is the difference, many of the people conquered by the Romans LEARNT from them and as a result thrived. The tribal Africans have always as in ALWAYS been so busy killing each other, that their civilisations have never had a chance to flourish. Same with the Incas and Babylonians, if you're so hostile to each other and ultra aggressive to outsiders, you don't share knowledge, you kill them and as a result you become isolated and eventually die out

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 03:57 AM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

Quite
History has proven that only those cultures that allow for social cohesion flourish, those with similar cultural backgrounds and values. Those that are unwilling to adapt are no better than the nasty colonists everyone likes to blame.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 03:58 AM
link   
It's not like this is anything new, has been happening since the dawn of civilisation.

Almost (if not) every time has lead to war and the spread of disease as peoples and animals/insects mix from different places.

All those empires listed and taught throughout history did this as they expanded their areas of control or reacted to natural disasters in their homelands.

I think there was one culture in the S.American rainforests that expanded through providing their ideas, farming methods and culture to any surrounding tribes that wanted to join them. Not sure but i think they collapsed by being slowly 'immigrated' by those who didnt really want their culture just the benefits of their society and happened over generations.

Sure somebody here will know who i am talking about

But if it's happening today just look to the past for how it will probably play out - they run the same script over and over again (just like Hollywood recycles the same old stories)

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 03:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia

originally posted by: Xaphan

Multiculturalism has (mostly) been a success in North America, in my opinion. I'm in Canada, and people here can trace their ancestry back to Ireland, Scotland, Italy, Greece, Japan, Israel, you name it. I'm a mix of Dutch, Welsh, and Native American, but I don't really care about my ancestral past, and I think that's the only thing that can really guarantee success in a melting pot country: people not caring where their forefathers were from and exclusively focusing on where they were born.

They are there you are just choosing not to look.

Slightly over 1 million individuals identified themselves as Muslim, representing 3.2% of the nation's total population. Hindus represented 1.5%, Sikhs 1.4%, Buddhists 1.1% and Jewish 1.0

www12.statcan.gc.ca...

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 04:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluesma

Our problem, the violence, crime, and growing domination is sourced in a population born in France. French people, who are second and third generation of immigrants. Their parents or grandparents came from Morocco or Algeria, and were not "troublemakers" nor radical muslims. But the generations after them suffer cultural identity problems and conflicts which lead to crime and violence... and then to being vulnerable to extremist and terrorist recruters (as part of cleaning p their act, if you will). They end up much more fanatic muslims then their parents ever were

And this is one of the biggest problems if not THE biggest, trying to live in 2 opposing cultures because they have not integrated. Back in the early days of immigration, there were so few from Pakistan Africa etc that they HAD to integrate in order to function & work. Then along came liberalism and before we knew it, there were signs in Urdu and Punjabi and women didn't have to learn the language, thus keeping them isolated from the general population. Many were torn between adopting the ways of their new country and the teachings of their religion. It didn't make for a good mix. As a result younger generations grew up wanting what their white friends and colleagues had and living the way they saw them doing, and the old ways and the religious ways then as more and more Imams came to the country due to the immigrant explosion, the younger ones had in effect to make a choice or be shunned and ostracised.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 04:22 AM
link   
Wow the liberal greeters brigade is out in full force, you might as well use your friends the BLM movements message of give us money because of 150yr old slavery or we will kill you for it. Stop blaming every one else rather than the people running over the borders killing, raping and stealing. Half of these countries would not even be existing if they had not been supported by the West, Saudi would not be what it is if the West had not gone there and gave them the tech to remove the oil from the ground. Most of these countries that people love to smack in our faces were indeed colonised and yes there were very regrettable things that happened but lets not forget they were left with a strong backbone to trade in the free world, Western education was introduced to them and these generally unskilled countries became business orientated and expanded so lets not do the liberal hate thing overly.

As for support, look at the numbers of money and famine relief shipped from the big Western countries to places that are technically richer than us, ie Pakistan, nigh on 500million a year is sent to them from the UK alone and guess where that goes, to the people that the rich government despise, no, its in to the bank accounts of the rich. Africa is the same as are 99% of the countries people give money to, lets stop blaming the long since colonists and start pointing at the countries themselves.

As for those African migrants on the Spanish beach, there is actually ONE woman visible in the footage, she is right at the end, one of the last out of the boat but yes, its all young males and the first thing they do is go on the rampage, so much for wanting to be citizens. Most will use Spain as a gateway to get to the UK. What kills us Brits is that no politician will tell the truth about the numbers, we get the usual old crap about immigration benefits us and these people are coming here to work, that is UTTER cobblers, I wish they would post the numbers of who comes to work and who comes and latches on to our benefits system like a baby on a breast. Ye s we do get good numbers of people who come to work and make a life here but there's even bigger numbers who come for very different reasons and none are useful to the UK yet if you want to treat immigration as a business as I have called for for far too long (20yrs) and make a choice of who is right for the country and who has a proper right to come, then you are a racist. I still cannot understand that ideal, if we look at a business model then you don't employ people who can't do the job because they affect your profitability, standard business ethics. You also get rid of people ransacking your business by stealing and fraud for the same reasons. You offer a pension based upon people and the company both paying in together, those that don't pay in get a lower pension. You offer some health benefits as an incentive but with certain factors built in.

Now that is business, but you try and do that as a normal model and its racist, why.

Like it or not liberals in the UK the system is starting to fail and its because of your stupid inclusive attitude, there not a country in the world that can take care of ALL the people, we have nigh on 20yr waiting lists for council property, FACT, we have an NHS system that is about to have a heart attack because we can't fund it based on the number of users, FACT. You cannot continue a benefits system based upon normal taxation of working people when you constantly import people who cannot work or don't want to and its about time you took your fingers out of your ears, took the blindfold off and visited the hospital, doctors surgeries and benefit places to see the very numbers and usual suspects in there, and yes I do include the indigenous people as well, there's plenty of lazy work shy people from the UK as it is, we don't need to import more. You liberals can wave your arms and stamp about screaming racist, bigot all you want but the problems we are having based upon unchecked immigration are still getting worse, you can read I hope, look at all the media. And please, of course there's politically motivated media but in most cases its to hide the serious issues we are having, same in America with the growing race problem they are having, its there if you can be bothered to uncover your bloody eyes and look.

There is a start of a cure, treat immigration as a business and start removing the illegal folk as well as the terrorists, at some point countries MUST start doing what is best for ALL the people and stop this instant rush towards the human rights ticket. I'm appalled that some of these countries are cess pits of war and suffering, the West does try and help but its become a hand out issue, countries sitting on their arse and just demanding everyone else pay them out of the problem but amazingly the issue never goes away but the request for a handout stays. Look at places that have been uplifted by removing tyrants, they were given the chance to emerge from their ancient culture but yet all we see is that they have returned to it and got worse. Its time we started looking after our own countries because if we don't we will crumble, we will become like the Middle East, we will lose our culture, our modern ways and simply cease to exist.

I'm not talking in a religious way although that too will happen, I'm talking about our ability to be the creative clever people we are, with zero proper culture and standards we will slip into a void. Like it or not oh liberal limp wrists we will soon have a choice, preserve our countries or be flooded by people who have a very different ideal than work and moral codes.

And to those saying I'm making a mountain out of a mole hill I dare you to venture in to estates in London, Birmingham, Manchester etc etc and witness the youth where knife and gun crime are on the rise, drug dealing is the preferred way of making money, crime in general is the way of life as are gangs, these youth are near feral and that is a FACT and I live through it every day here in Northolt. The one stat that is always going up here is crime, not quality of life, crime. With this comes the lack of education seen very clearly in the youth, why educate when you can make cash easily. Why work when you can get more in one day than a week. And sadly the very immigrants that this country apparently is giving a new start in life are right at the heart of the crime because that is what they knew in places like Somalia, and that isn't just the youth, its the men and women too.

Forget the BS government figures, go out and look at these breeding grounds of crime, the problems in the health system and the fudged unemployment numbers. We seriously are helping too many people, we need to look, re-evaluate and be honest about what is going on and take matters in to the right area's and admit there is a huge problem.

Of course those like the politicians or living in little hamlets will not recognise and therefore treat all this as rubbish but its not, all I say is fact and its out there in the real world.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 04:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia

That's why I said (mostly).

You do have to be more specific than the vast geographical regions you listed though; it's not really that binary. Middle Eastern? Depends what kind of Middle Eastern. Israelis and Armenians I trust; most others? Not really. Africans? The only westernized Africans in my opinion would be Egyptians.

As for the other two, I've never met a Pakistani. And Arabic is a language; I think you mean Arabian, which would be classed as Middle Eastern anyways.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 05:08 AM
link   
The UN's own numbers show that over 70% of these migrants are adult males. The OP is right, these aren't refugees, they're economic migrants seeking a free handout.

There's a reason why their own neighbors, the richest countries in the Middle East like UAE and Saudi Arabia has taken zero "refugees".

edit on 12-8-2017 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 05:13 AM
link   
a reply to: PhyllidaDavenport

Weird how no one spotted that boat till it landed ashore??

Surely someone must of seen it and if they had why didn't they call beach guards or police to come and arrest them?

I can't see this being left to continue TBH. I think Spanish guard will be on patrol on spanish beaches!

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 05:14 AM
link   
This video is quite an eye-opener.

edit on 12-8-2017 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 05:17 AM
link   
What I'm thinking about is the diseases which could be coming with them as they aren't checked and many run off into the night.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 05:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: ufoorbhunter

originally posted by: PhyllidaDavenport
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

IAfricans are not the same have different values and completely different cultures. Comparing Eastern bloc immigrants to sub-saharan immigrants is like apples and oranges

From what I've experienced both groups are good workers. Some of the most intelligent people I've met are sub-saharan africans. They all want to better themselves and make some money for their families. Both Christian too so fine in my book. As I see it if there is a job going and are locals are too lazy to do it let an immigrant have that job. In many cases we genuinely need these people as the do the stuff our lazy locals used to do and now have become work shy.

Sorry, I can't believe what you wrote. I have worked in science for many years and hand on heart, the thickest, laziest and most detached people I worked with were black African males.
Not just one, not two but more then 5 I can give as an example. All of them useless, making mistakes, not understanding what they were doing, no insight,not listening to anything, doing everything wrong and mucking up the filing system, not being able to improvise when things go wrong due to the lack of understanding of the whole experiment, no interest in the work, no work ethic...I could go on and on.
Others were using lab phones to conduct their own shady business [incl stealing solvents] and lying to people wasting the company's money. Yet not knowing the first thing about chemistry and I mean baby knowledge [despite claiming to have a degree...which we all knew had to be fake].
Others were reading bibles and preaching at me whilst conducting delicate tests, not caring about punctuality and taking days off for god knows what. I go as far as to say that it would take a very special african male that I knew for years [there are some] for me to hire them.

Now before you call me racist let me tell you that the ladies of Africa are hard workers and intelligent! I became friends with most and two in particular.
They had actual degrees, they knew what was going on, they understood their work and two were awsome team leaders.

African males [especially sub saharan] are [at least in scientific professional jobs] the most tiresome and useless people I have ever worked with. There I said it.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 05:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit
This video is quite an eye-opener.

That is a very good video putting into very simple terms exactly where the issue lies.

Now how do we get people to watch this and actually absorb the information ?

If that happens maybe we can get away from blaming a persons skin color or their religion of choice as to the real reasons behind the mess that the world is today.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 05:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mclaneinc
Wow the liberal greeters brigade is out in full force, you might as well use your friends the BLM movements message of give us money because of 150yr old slavery or we will kill you for it. Stop blaming every one else rather than the people running over the borders killing, raping and stealing. Half of these countries would not even be existing if they had not been supported by the West, Saudi would not be what it is if the West had not gone there and gave them the tech to remove the oil from the ground. Most of these countries that people love to smack in our faces were indeed colonised and yes there were very regrettable things that happened but lets not forget they were left with a strong backbone to trade in the free world, Western education was introduced to them and these generally unskilled countries became business orientated and expanded so lets not do the liberal hate thing overly.

As for support, look at the numbers of money and famine relief shipped from the big Western countries to places that are technically richer than us, ie Pakistan, nigh on 500million a year is sent to them from the UK alone and guess where that goes, to the people that the rich government despise, no, its in to the bank accounts of the rich. Africa is the same as are 99% of the countries people give money to, lets stop blaming the long since colonists and start pointing at the countries themselves.

As for those African migrants on the Spanish beach, there is actually ONE woman visible in the footage, she is right at the end, one of the last out of the boat but yes, its all young males and the first thing they do is go on the rampage, so much for wanting to be citizens. Most will use Spain as a gateway to get to the UK. What kills us Brits is that no politician will tell the truth about the numbers, we get the usual old crap about immigration benefits us and these people are coming here to work, that is UTTER cobblers, I wish they would post the numbers of who comes to work and who comes and latches on to our benefits system like a baby on a breast. Ye s we do get good numbers of people who come to work and make a life here but there's even bigger numbers who come for very different reasons and none are useful to the UK yet if you want to treat immigration as a business as I have called for for far too long (20yrs) and make a choice of who is right for the country and who has a proper right to come, then you are a racist. I still cannot understand that ideal, if we look at a business model then you don't employ people who can't do the job because they affect your profitability, standard business ethics. You also get rid of people ransacking your business by stealing and fraud for the same reasons. You offer a pension based upon people and the company both paying in together, those that don't pay in get a lower pension. You offer some health benefits as an incentive but with certain factors built in.

Now that is business, but you try and do that as a normal model and its racist, why.

Like it or not liberals in the UK the system is starting to fail and its because of your stupid inclusive attitude, there not a country in the world that can take care of ALL the people, we have nigh on 20yr waiting lists for council property, FACT, we have an NHS system that is about to have a heart attack because we can't fund it based on the number of users, FACT. You cannot continue a benefits system based upon normal taxation of working people when you constantly import people who cannot work or don't want to and its about time you took your fingers out of your ears, took the blindfold off and visited the hospital, doctors surgeries and benefit places to see the very numbers and usual suspects in there, and yes I do include the indigenous people as well, there's plenty of lazy work shy people from the UK as it is, we don't need to import more. You liberals can wave your arms and stamp about screaming racist, bigot all you want but the problems we are having based upon unchecked immigration are still getting worse, you can read I hope, look at all the media. And please, of course there's politically motivated media but in most cases its to hide the serious issues we are having, same in America with the growing race problem they are having, its there if you can be bothered to uncover your bloody eyes and look.

There is a start of a cure, treat immigration as a business and start removing the illegal folk as well as the terrorists, at some point countries MUST start doing what is best for ALL the people and stop this instant rush towards the human rights ticket. I'm appalled that some of these countries are cess pits of war and suffering, the West does try and help but its become a hand out issue, countries sitting on their arse and just demanding everyone else pay them out of the problem but amazingly the issue never goes away but the request for a handout stays. Look at places that have been uplifted by removing tyrants, they were given the chance to emerge from their ancient culture but yet all we see is that they have returned to it and got worse. Its time we started looking after our own countries because if we don't we will crumble, we will become like the Middle East, we will lose our culture, our modern ways and simply cease to exist.

I'm not talking in a religious way although that too will happen, I'm talking about our ability to be the creative clever people we are, with zero proper culture and standards we will slip into a void. Like it or not oh liberal limp wrists we will soon have a choice, preserve our countries or be flooded by people who have a very different ideal than work and moral codes.

And to those saying I'm making a mountain out of a mole hill I dare you to venture in to estates in London, Birmingham, Manchester etc etc and witness the youth where knife and gun crime are on the rise, drug dealing is the preferred way of making money, crime in general is the way of life as are gangs, these youth are near feral and that is a FACT and I live through it every day here in Northolt. The one stat that is always going up here is crime, not quality of life, crime. With this comes the lack of education seen very clearly in the youth, why educate when you can make cash easily. Why work when you can get more in one day than a week. And sadly the very immigrants that this country apparently is giving a new start in life are right at the heart of the crime because that is what they knew in places like Somalia, and that isn't just the youth, its the men and women too.

Forget the BS government figures, go out and look at these breeding grounds of crime, the problems in the health system and the fudged unemployment numbers. We seriously are helping too many people, we need to look, re-evaluate and be honest about what is going on and take matters in to the right area's and admit there is a huge problem.

Of course those like the politicians or living in little hamlets will not recognise and therefore treat all this as rubbish but its not, all I say is fact and its out there in the real world.

No No NO. you live in a #ty area and that's because you have a # job and no education, so suck it up mate, you live in #sville will all the other lazy slobs that you denigrate.

You are no better even though you think you are....these lazy scummy people you talk of your kind, your people...cappish !

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 05:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

That is a very good video putting into very simple terms exactly where the issue lies.

It certainly is!!

And the loudest information was that IMMIGRATION IS NOT THE ANSWER

If that happens maybe we can get away from blaming a persons skin color or their religion of choice as to the real reasons behind the mess that the world is today.

The real reason for the mess is that IMMIGRATION IS NOT THE ANSWER

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 05:35 AM
link   

I actually agree immigration is not the answer.

Just between you and me though ....its a little bit late for that is it not ?

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 05:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

I actually agree immigration is not the answer.

Just between you and me though ....its a little bit late for that is it not ?

Its never too late to correct mistakes.

If mistakes are allowed to continue ..... they just spiral out of control.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 05:45 AM
link   

Some 5 billion people in the world today are below the poverty line....is that acceptable to you ?

Are you really not able to see the direct result of monetary manipulation and how its affects a mind. You somehow have been convinced that a persons skin color or their subsequent religion has some actual bearing on where we are all headed as a collective.

AS I continue my path of beer induced thoughts I am having more trouble than usual articulating what I mean, so I will try again.

.... those 5 billion oppressed and pissed off people are not pissed off because of their religion....they are pissed off because they have no #ing money.

edit on 12-8-2017 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: removed crap

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join