It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The joy of Culture Clashes in Europe

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 08:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: Bluesma

Because you are perceiving that your refugee invasion is somehow different from the floods of illegals that have been coming across our borders for years.

Please explain how you come to this conclusion about what I percieve??

I grew up in Los Angeles, in a mexican barrio. I am familiar with all kinds of problems that arise from immigration and culture clashes. I just erased a big description of them, because it was just going off on a rant.

There are some differences, and there are some things that are similar....
But in any case, I made no mention of what I feel those are, nor what I think of others' opinions. I was just curious about the different attitudes and views coming that come different parts of the globe.
edit on 11-8-2017 by Bluesma because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 08:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: GusMcDangerthing

Well, I think it can be safely assumed that you were implying that those of us with strong opinions don't or haven't lived in Europe and are therefore unqualified to have such strong opinions on the matter. I believe this to be the case because I politely replied to you with a valid and true answer and you ignored it.

You either wanted to discuss people's experiences living in Europe, or what I infer if correct.

I read your answer. This was the sort of answer I expected many people to give - an answer to the question.
I simply like to observe patterns in group discussions. Over time I can percieve certain kinds of attitudes or opinions on subject that are common to different areas. This is data that is interesting when it comes to understanding cultural differences, for example. When I meet people from different places in person, this knowledge can help me i communication with them - having an idea of what they are more or less exposed to already.

I am especially interested in gathering more views from people who actually live in Italy, France and Spain.

I asked a poll type of question. I thought it would be interesting for all of us to observe the results after many came in.

edit on 11-8-2017 by Bluesma because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Most people who live in England travel to those place - I spend a great deal of time in Spain and in France. I suspect that my experiences in France would be more useful alone these lines but had I seen the likes I what is going on in Spain recently, it'd have been a different story.

Often, the horror stories are true.

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Most people who live in England travel to those place - I spend a great deal of time in Spain and in France. I suspect that my experiences in France would be more useful alone these lines but had I seen the likes I what is going on in Spain recently, it'd have been a different story.

Often, the horror stories are true.

I am curious as to how "common" events like that in the OP are in Spain, actually.

Because as you can imagine, there is a lot of traveling in between these two countries, my son in law is spanish, and so him, my daughter and grandson spend a lot of time there with his family. They haven't witnessed any of this sort of thing.
I was wondering if certain parts of Spain are seeing more of it than others (and which ones).

I have already come across tons of videos of things happening in France that were totally misrepresented and twisted on this site (like videos of french protests about paid vacation that were several years old being claimed as civil war breaking out in the last two days all over France
).. so I have gotten used to holding off on assumptions or judgements too quickly....

I prefer asking questions and listening for a bit longer.

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 09:23 AM
link   
One of the first things that should be done by the EU is to stabilise Libya. The EU has done precious little to stem the flow of illegal economic migrants to Italy Spain and Greece except short term measures. They say its a Greek problem or an Italian problem but for some reason its never an EU problem. There should be a Europe wide scheme for repatriation for these Africans, perhaps with bribery of more aid to those African countries such as Somalia Eritrea etc since monetary aid is the only thing these African leaders understand.

From January to June 2017, 85,000 migrants landed on Italy's shores. There is no infrastructure in place for such numbers, no paths of gold for these migrants and despite Committees and Discussions galore, hardly any practical help from Brussels. There are barely enough jobs for existing southern Italians never mind 85,000 more. Crime has risen dramatically, and now Italy are threatening to shut their ports. Italy's allocated 200,000 beds for illegals was taken up by June and still the migrants keep coming.Spain has seen their migrant problem increase to 11,000 in the first half of this year alone with the real risk that Spain will outdo Greece in the illegal migrant influx. Austria has threatened to deploy their army at the Austrian/Italy border to prevent migrants crossing where riot police are now already stationed.

For the poster who said "they are simply seeking a better life".....I say aren't we all? but we don't all up sticks and head for better climes illegally and dangerously, leaving behind family to suffer in our stead. Change can only come from within and until the Africans start taking some responsibility for the sheer mess they have made, there will be no change and it will remain the same as its always been for hundreds of years with infighting and a backwards mentality.

EU Crisis Talks
Italy is Dying

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 09:25 AM
link   

They are weekly scenarios. I doubt you will see them unless you are resident along the Spanish coastline. I will also point out that the majority of the illegals are not caught by the police and simply disappear into the population. Ghettos are springing up and illegals find sanctuary in such places. Finding the illegals is incredibly difficult and of course most have no documentation whatosever

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 09:27 AM
link   

A rant?

Hardly.

It is what I see the similarities in the situation to be. However, if you perceived it be a "rant," then perhaps I might suggest that reveals something about your attitude in this as well.

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Ohhhh a cartoon with money in developed countries and Africa all dug up which represents how they have been ravaged by the evil colonials! Except that was many, many years ago and they've been running their own sht pot countries into the ground with full autonomy.

Stop trying to blame western, developed nations for the faults of the natives of the sht holes who couldn't run a local bake sale, let alone a country.

Yes indeed ..... and how the British raped India of it wealth Lol!!

Since achieving independence from British rule in 1947, it has seen its share of conflict, struggle and setbacks. Although India still faces many challenges, it is now poised to reach a higher position on the world scene than at any previous time.

The Indian economy has grown an average of around 6% annually over the past decade and 8% per year over the past three years—among the fastest rates in the world. It boasts an emerging middle class and increasing gross domestic product, exports, employment and foreign investment. This is complemented by a roaring stock market (index value up by a third in 2005 and by 200% since 2001), low external debt and large foreign exchange reserves.

Recent visits from leaders and officials from the United States, France, Germany and Russia have spotlighted India’s rise. These wealthier nations see India as a trading partner with enormous potential.

Although it has not yet matched the financial performance of China—currently the fastest-growing economy in the world—according to some analysts, India shows even more long-term potential for rapid growth. Leaders from both nations have discussed the creation of a Chinese-Indian common market based on the European Union model. Although only an idea at present, if realized, it would be the largest economic system in the world, home for about 2.5 billion consumers—almost 40% of the human race (or 3 of every 8 people on earth)!

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 09:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: PhyllidaDavenport
a reply to: eletheia

But let's not forget that those who voted Brexit were also called racists
Nationalism is not permitted

It's the very concept of the Nation-state the globalists want to destroy. They find it a hindrance to instituting their technocratic rule over the rest of us. Races, peoples, gender - all are unimportant qualifiers of economic units called humanity.

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: WombRaider69

originally posted by: PhyllidaDavenport
They are colonists. They are escaping there own sh*tpot countries rather than do something about it

Hmm I wonder why their countries are "sh*tpots"...

This supposed to mean something?

Cause overall it means nothing to all of the everyday people no matter where they are from.

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 09:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
a reply to: ketsuko

Hard truth, but there it is. They're being overrun by those who do not want to be European in culture same way that Native Americans got overrun by those who did not want to embrace their ways.

How can you compare what amounts to a ragged bunch of unorganized economic migrants, to an invading force such was the English army in its prime, taking over the world as we know it ?

How can you not?

You saying this is not being done on purpose?

Wow another entirely asleep being, wonderful.

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 09:52 AM
link   
I wish I lived in the US and read lots of dodgy websites. I'd have a much clearer understanding about my everyday life.

Unfortunately, I have to rely on reality.

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 10:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Painterz
Because I feel this debate always needs to be reminded of this fact.
The reason most refugees are young men is because it's too dangerous for women and children to attempt this journey.

Women are not delicate little flowers.... they are capable of being in the army!

And fighting on the front! for example >>>>

The current conflict in Syria has played a positive role in breaking the stereotype of women as housewives. Women today have a great opportunity and they should take advantage of it, especially with the number of men being lost in Syria to the fighting, imprisonment and abduction,” she said.

More women are also trying to change things through political activism – even taking on the so-called Islamic State (ISIS).

In the city of Raqqa in northeastern Syria, for example, Suad Nofal has become a symbol of resistance to tyranny. For a long time, she had opposed the Syrian regime. Later, she confronted ISIS.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

They plan to make it to Europe, then earn enough money to buy plane tickets for their women and children to join them,

The men shown on the news and media are all appear too fit to be war

ravaged, and too young to have the plural of 'child' they look barely out

of education themselves.

so that , you know, the women and children don't get repeatedly raped en route and/or sold into slavery

Lol!!!...A bit dramatic there? The way I have read it is the raping gets

done by some of them in the country they arrive at!

Whatever else you might feel about the issue, please always remember that the fact that they are usually all male does not mean what people usually claim it does in this forums.

Well WHAT else could it possibly mean?

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Not buying the whole "what would guns solve argument".

A good 30-06 from that third story location could pick off those thugs in a clean, systematic notice telling the rest of the world " you're not welcome here".

Try it once. You might just like it.

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jenkinswasher
Not buying the whole "what would guns solve argument".

A good 30-06 from that third story location could pick off those thugs in a clean, systematic notice telling the rest of the world " you're not welcome here".

Try it once. You might just like it.

30.06 tumbles too much at distance.....Should up for a flatter shooting round....308 or my personal favorite .338 lapua..

A lot more accurate and kinetic energy upon strike....Maybe would even go through one or three people at distance......

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: JimNasium
a reply to: PhyllidaDavenport

Maybe 'they' are en route to discuss the issue w/Native Americans to see how they handled it???

Funny, but the family lineage from the same turds are still at it...

Or maybe they are still aggrieved by the fact that Native Americans continued to own slaves past the emancipation proclamation.

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Jenkinswasher

Not down to citizens to play judge & jury
Not down to citizens to solve the problems of other countries
Not down to citizens to be left to live with the problems made by other countries

These African countries have all the same advantages and opportunities as other countries in the world, but choose to ignore them and leech off the UN. Jacob Zuma has a salary of £180,000 per annum and yet is worth £20m. Do you think he got that by saving wisely? Working hard? No of course not, he got it through through siphoning off UN aid money, through dirty dodgy dealings, bribery & corruption. Meanwhile, South Africans are once again starving thanks to the ANC's policy of Kill the Farmer and we are supposed to just keep on throwing money at the place? Do you know there are actually Africans that WANT the Europeans back in control?

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 01:43 PM
link   
The solution is simple. Withdraw the automatic right of those arriving in a country illegally to claim asylum, and forced repatriation for illegal arrivals.

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: CulturalResilience

Quite right and yet something so simple isn't being done...why not? That is the question everyone here should be asking
Personally I think Italy Spain & Greece are just overrun and can't cope. Who would ever have expected the numbers coming through these countries that there are? The expectation was of Syrian refugees, the reality was every man and his dog

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: CulturalResilience

Around here in the UK the migrants are needed. I've talked to them in places I deliver to and they are to a man good people with a work ethic (some) Brits totally lack. The factories literally struggle to get locals to work in them, too many lazy buggers in the UK who just want to claim benefits for being on the sick etc. If these people coming in want to work hard and be a benefit to our economy then what's the problem? Plus they do work hard. They ride old bikes and have little but they are good workers. I'd swap a load of these hard working immigrants for a load of our lazy scum who just want handouts. The immigrants want to work here and make something of their lives and help their families back home just like our lot did when they went to the United States hundreds of years ago, good on them

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join