It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In your opinion where does Canada stand if there is a WW3

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by LA_Maximus
I think this thread is headen for trouble.

Max

You're right...this thread is beginning to border on senseless (pun intended)...If America was invaded, you can count on the fact that Canadians would be there dying in the effort to save American lives.

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 04:48 PM
link   
It's a sad day when American Madman, Maximus, and phoenixhasrisin agree. I am sorry, but you Canadians do not seem to understand what you are capable of, and what we are capable of.

Once again no I do not think it is right, but that has nothing to do with anything. As a matter of fact, and as a opponent of the Iraqi war, I can still admit that the war was in the USA's best interest, end of story, all moral BS aside.

As such, when the time comes, the appropriation of your resources will fall under the same category. Sounds messed up yeah, but a fact of life none the less.

Thsi is a dog eat dog world, the sooner you realize that, the better off you will be. To try to understand history, or current events in any other way is just naive.

Wake the F up and realize who your neighbors are.....we ARE the bully on the block, and as such we do not get messed with. Right, wrong, or any way you look at it, that is the fact of the matter. You think we are really going to give that position up? WAKE UP!

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by masqua
I'm sorry to disappoint you, but I do take it personally...and I hope it never develops either, because it will be my sons and myself standing in front of you.
I believe you are underestimating a Canadians' abilities in our own yard.

Shoulder to shoulder with many other Canucks my man. I agree they know not what they are dealing with.

ANyway, silly talk. We would never have armed combat with the Yanks, it is pointless on so many fronts. We need them, they need us.

Everybody... .KUm-by-ya-my lord...kum by ya!! LOL!!

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 04:52 PM
link   
I AM AMERICAN (Canada, Mexico & USA)

We Canadians would be in Buffalo/Detroit etc. etc. so fast and have the St. Lawerence stocked and ready to go....and of course the English would be on it's way....r
dam....thed' even bring the Bull Dogs
forever and ever.

Uhmm....do they have Ketchup Chips there yet ? don't think we got an answer on that one.....we will bring just in case.

Y'r Canadian friend,
Sven

PS: Canada gon'a get it's Cup back
....but when it comes t'a hockey/baseball, now that's another storey

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Do they have ketchup chips there yet?

I can honestly give you firm 'no' on that, as I've got to numerous places in search for that zingly flavour but to no avail....

As I said before this was edited...

People's pride needs to be kept in their pants so they don't blind people from having an open minded honest semi-intelligent/intelligent debate.

[edit on 8-8-2005 by TrueLies]

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Yuk !, seems to me you may be frustrated or just looking for someone to pick on? Please tell me I'm wrong and misreading the apparent insults you have decided to through here?

It's just expressing things we people feel about national matters and NOT Personal. If I said something that has riled you it was not meant to rile anyone.

OK phoenixhasrisin..

DALLAS

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by phoenixhasrisin
Thsi is a dog eat dog world, the sooner you realize that, the better off you will be. To try to understand history, or current events in any other way is just naive.

Wake the F up and realize who your neighbors are.....we ARE the bully on the block, and as such we do not get messed with. Right, wrong, or any way you look at it, that is the fact of the matter. You think we are really going to give that position up? WAKE UP!

Well it might not matter to the US, but around the world it does. WE are your best friends, but there are other countries who would save us if we shared our resources with them instead. It's funny, most of the US are British ORIGIN. And they carry around the same views of ppl in middle east. Remember, most of them helped you get where your technology is today. And you also forgot even the greatest empires in the world have all fallen. America doesn't even come close to Empire status. Afghanistan once was one the most richest and powerful empires on earth not too long ago until things fell through. Over confidence is your biggest weakness.

[edit on 8-8-2005 by Darth Tinku]

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dallas
Yuk !, seems to me you may be frustrated or just looking for someone to pick on? Please tell me I'm wrong and misreading the apparent insults you have decided to through here?
It's just expressing things we people feel about national matters and NOT Personal. If I said something that has riled you it was not meant to rile anyone.
OK phoenixhasrisin..
DALLAS

Dallas- You obviously have not read what I wrote in its enirety. I agreed with many of your points actually, if I was not clear on this then I apologize.

Once again I am not looking to enflame, jsut challenging some real debators to this issue. The fact of the matter remains, the decision to invade, or include Canada, has nothing to do with past relations. Pure and simple.

If you want to deal with the myriad reasons that we could invade Canada then fine. Anything less IMHO is nothing more than wishful thinking.

Yes we have had both good and bad relations, more so hinging on the good side. THis still however, does not adress the specifics of how one culture would react to a world situation as poosed to another, and that is the true point. So lets cut the BS out, and deal with the possibilities at hand

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 05:03 PM
link   

It's a sad day when American Madman, Maximus, and phoenixhasrisin agree. I am sorry, but you Canadians do not seem to understand what you are capable of, and what we are capable of.

Once again no I do not think it is right, but that has nothing to do with anything. As a matter of fact, and as a opponent of the Iraqi war, I can still admit that the war was in the USA's best interest, end of story, all moral BS aside.

As such, when the time comes, the appropriation of your resources will fall under the same category. Sounds messed up yeah, but a fact of life none the less.

I was going to respond in kind, but I think this type of pissing contest does nothing for either side. Let it just be known, we know all about your strengths and weakness and they are numerous. We are allies now and hopefully forever.

BTW - you have been messed with, and continue to be messed with. You guys want to think you are strong because it is good for your ego's but the fact is America is broke, busted and really nothing more than an old war horse trying to convience the world of your power while the world watches and... YAWNs

The rest of the world has grown beyond this cowboy and indian crap. You can too.

Hey, maybe we can take the US under the Canadian wing as it were. We can call it Canada-Continued... Raise them up right and respectable like.

*Just teasing with ya...

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Well it might not matter to the US, but around the world it does. WE are your best friends, but there are other countries who would save us if we shared our resources with them instead. It's funny, most of the US are British ORIGIN. And they carry around the same views of ppl in middle east. Remember, most of them helped you get where your technology is today. And you also forgot even the greatest empires in the world have all fallen. America doesn't even come close to Empire status. Afghanistan once was one the most richest and powerful empires on earth not too long ago until things fell through. Over confidence is your biggest weakness.

Nice man very nice....show's y'r up on y'r history
and open minded person.

And to the person (back in the thread) said us Canadian's would just sit at the side lines while everyone would fight.....just t'a let y'a know....us Canadian are Helping in Afgan as we speek in like the worst part of town 2.......and as Darth prob. knows to....is that Afgahn MAN are one of the toughest people th'r is....not even the Mighty Russia could beat em' .....so guess only a Canadian could have a chance to beat em'...hee...hee....we still fight during the Winter time....we even play Hockey.

Y'r Canadian friend...forever, even if the Empire Falls
...we still will have Ice

Sven

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by masqua

Originally posted by American Mad Man

Don't take this personally - I'm just telling it how it is. I don't ever expect anything like this situation to ever develope.

I'm sorry to disappoint you, but I do take it personally...and I hope it never develops either, because it will be my sons and myself standing in front of you.
I believe you are underestimating a Canadians' abilities in our own yard.

A thermonuclear war between Canada and the USA(?)...now that would be truly suicidal since most of our cities border on America. Naw, big soldier, it would have to be man to man.

Well, I am sorry you can not handle the facts staring you in the face. The US has, since world war II, created a multi TRILLION dollar military advantage over the rest of the world COMBINED.

I have no doubt that the Canadian military would put up a valiant effort against any invasion - be it US or otherwise - but the fact is, you are outmanned, outgunned, and overall outclassed. You would be dealing with B-2 Spirits, F/A-22 Raptors, F/A-35 Joint Strike Fighters, M1A2 tanks, and God knows what else the US has hidden in it's arsenal.

Canada realistically stands no chance head to head with the US.

But again, this is purely a hypothetical situation - I have much faith that the US and Canada will be allies long after I die.

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 05:15 PM
link   
No. I read your last post a couple of times. And I think you may have read it again yourself. But there's still no problem here, from me.

I feel strong about being fair and being honest and don't want to insult any individual's comment. Yet when comments turn to deliberate insults I suppose I could be one of the first to go defensive. But anyway that is all I have to say.

Dallas

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Passrby- You seem to be missing the point of my post's. I am not trying to advocate the American philosophy in any way shape or form, I am however trying to alert you to the fact that such a philosphy exist's, and might be the reason for many "misunderstandings" in the world today.

Once again I do not deny that this is a pissing contest between both sides of the globe that the east has grown tired of. That does not change the fact that we, as the US, have not grown tired of the contest, and we as a nation, and a people have every intention of continuing, and winning it.

Dies this make it right? No! Does this change the facts of the matter though? No! So stop trying to bring the actuality to light when you do not wish to illustrate the guiding principles beihnd it, Fact of the matter remains, Canada, as well as plenty of other local resources lie directly within our sights. To suggest that we would not take them by force is naive at best.

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 05:19 PM
link   
"and overall outclassed" come on now that's pushing it no ?
and even the out man'd part 2....umh...don't forget as our Bulldog pointed out....we'z got' backup....uhmm.....do you ?....dam we prob. even get help from Cuba

Classed? maybe a better word or something.....

Y'r Canadain friend,
Sven

And that bringing em' up was so dam funny
still laughing

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darth Tinku

Furthermore, no one would do anything about it. Even by 2050, the rest of the world combined would not be able to take on the US in thermonuclear war - and thats if they even were willing to do that to save Canadas freedom.

Haha yeah right. Your power over the world has deteriated signifigantly. You have to get England's help to conquer those countries that have very small or no armies. I like you to take on the BRIC or EU and see what happens. You guys are the ones pushing WWIII. Tell me if the US is so powerful why don't you go invade China and liberate Tibet? Because they could crush you guys. Don't take it personally, it's the Truth. While you guys fight all these different wars you started, other World Powers are forming their own Bloc to prepare for a Bigger war.

Do you really believe that the US needed the UKs men to take Iraq? If so you are very very wrong. The reason for involving as many nations as possable is for political reasons, not military ones.

As far as the EU vs the US - don't make me laugh. If you really want me to go into a full on explination of why they would lose, I can - but it's not really needed. All you need to know is this: The US has more nuclear weapons aboard 3 of it's SSBNs then all of Europe combined. That means that the US Navy alone has several times the nuclear power of all of Europe combined. And that makes no mention of the USAF arsenal, which is considerably larger.

Another reason why Europe would lose is logistics, but again, that is niether here nor there considering the nuclear advantage the US has. Hell, nuclear first strike by Europe wouldn't even be an option for them because they don't have enough nukes to take out all of our Minute men missles.

As for China, there are about 30 threads dealing with this subject, many of which I have explained in great detail why China would be utterly obliterated by the US. I could tell you that there air force is not yet up to the US airforce of the late 1970's, or that China doesn't have the logistical support to take Taiwan, much less wage war with a more powerfull nation on the other side of the world - but something tells me you wouldn't want to hear it.

But this is all silly. The US is not going to go starting thermo nuclear wars for the hell of it - thats why we don't just go take out China. We don't WANT to kill 700 million people for nothing. The point I, and some others on this thread are trying to make, is that IF it comes down to it, the US can and will take out any country in self preservation.

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Hockey all the way svenglezz!

Well, I am sorry you can not handle the facts staring you in the face. The US has, since world war II, created a multi TRILLION dollar military advantage over the rest of the world COMBINED.

I have no doubt that the Canadian military would put up a valiant effort against any invasion - be it US or otherwise - but the fact is, you are outmanned, outgunned, and overall outclassed.

Canada realistically stands no chance head to head with the US.

(1) Ever heard of "purchasing power parity: a criterion for an appropriate exchange rate between currencies. It is a rate such that a representative basket of goods in country A costs the same as in country B if the currencies are exchanged at that rate." Different prodcuts cost different amounts of money in ALL countries. You should start puttting that money into your health care system. Plus your massive debt won't help in the future. My uncle went a long time ago to Oxford Med from India and practices in the States. He said it's getting pretty bad their. Treat each other like brothers, like in Canada.

(2) Again, you attack Canada, you lose your Best and really only Friend. Even China, Russia and India would save us if you tried something very illogical. WE would have to share our resources with them but it would be a smaller price to pay.

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 05:33 PM
link   
To post or not to post? Hmm, I'll post.

Where did the topic go?

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by svenglezz
"and overall outclassed" come on now that's pushing it no ?
and even the out man'd part 2....umh...don't forget as our Bulldog pointed out....we'z got' backup....uhmm.....do you ?....dam we prob. even get help from Cuba

Classed? maybe a better word or something.....

Y'r Canadain friend,
Sven

And that bringing em' up was so dam funny
still laughing

Yes, outclassed.

I am sorry, I don't mean to insult you nations armed forces, but I do know a good bit about the subject of military strength in the current world.

US training - especially in regards to airpower (which BTW is the most important aspect of US military strategy) - is far ahead that of Canadian training. When you put a US fighter pilot (or bomber - whatever) who has literally THOUSANDS of more actual flight hours is an aircraft that is FAR superior to that of his counterpart, the enemy is outclassed.

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Passrby- You seem to be missing the point of my post's. I am not trying to advocate the American philosophy in any way shape or form, I am however trying to alert you to the fact that such a philosphy exist's, and might be the reason for many "misunderstandings" in the world today.

Once again I do not deny that this is a pissing contest between both sides of the globe that the east has grown tired of. That does not change the fact that we, as the US, have not grown tired of the contest, and we as a nation, and a people have every intention of continuing, and winning it.

Dies this make it right? No! Does this change the facts of the matter though? No! So stop trying to bring the actuality to light when you do not wish to illustrate the guiding principles beihnd it, Fact of the matter remains, Canada, as well as plenty of other local resources lie directly within our sights. To suggest that we would not take them by force is naive at best.

My friend, I haven't missed it at all. But it makes no sense. If America did anything to Canada, you would lose. End of story. Not because we are bigger or better, not because our military can take you military, or my dad can beat up your dad - it is because we have friends and you wouldn't have any, and as large of a military that America seems so proud of, isn't nearly as supereior as you wish it was. It far outstrips Canada's, but our defense is more what others would do to you while you were dealing with us, and no country can face a multi front war. I beleive History shows this to be true no?

SO there is the reality of it for you. In a one on one fight between Canada and the States on an open field, we wouldn't stand a chance. But while we are putting up whatever front we could, you'd have the british commanwealth after you, probably Russia(You are aware we are even friends with them right?) and China as well, if for no other reason than it being an oppertune time to attack you. Simply put, you are barking but have no bite.

Once again, not that this matters. Canada and the States are friends, and will remain as such. When such time comes as the States is in need of our help I am sure that you will either act the right way and would receive our help(when has either country really refused to help the other?) gladly.

United we stand, divided we......

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Yes, outclassed.

US training - especially in regards to airpower (which BTW is the most important aspect of US military strategy) - is far ahead that of Canadian training. When you put a US fighter pilot (or bomber - whatever) who has literally THOUSANDS of more actual flight hours is an aircraft that is FAR superior to that of his counterpart, the enemy is outclassed.

RIGGGGHHTTTT....read this pal Indians did pretty well againt the US

vayu-sena.tripod.com...

(2) If you tried to Launch another Nuclear Bomb, be prepared for the whole world to turn on you. Russia's nuke can also reach your country. Plus esp from many strategic location including Canada if you invaded. You also have to take into consideration of the possibilities of lots of other countries destroying yours before you had the chance to launch another Nuke on ANY country esp Canada.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join