It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In your opinion where does Canada stand if there is a WW3

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Canada on paper may still be a country -- but there's something wrong with this country," said Louise Beaudoin

MONTREAL -- By a perilously narrow margin, Quebeckers heeded pleas for national unity and voted against secession Monday, sparing Canada a traumatic fracture but leaving the French-speaking province split down the middle.
With more than 99 percent of the 22,400 polling stations reporting, the federalists, with 2,339,414 votes, led by 50.5 percent to 2,294,145 votes, or 49.5 percent

Looks like you might have some disagreement amongst yourselves up there billybob.

canadians really are the truth north strong and free

OTTAWA (CP) - Canadians worry federal anti-terrorism powers could be used to invade personal privacy, unfairly target minorities or turn neighbours into snitches, a government study has found.

The act allows the government to brand individuals and organizations as terrorists, imposing stiff penalties against anyone who participates in their activities or assists members of the groups.

The law also gives police the power to make "preventive arrests" of those suspected of planning a terrorist attack. And it requires anyone with information relevant to the investigation of a terrorist act to appear before a judge.

I say that it's dangerous for our rights and freedoms," one participant from Quebec City said.

$1,658,300,000 have, and will have been wasted by the Liberal Government in the ongoing attempt to licence and register the firearms of Farmers and Duck Hunters in the name of Crime Prevention!!!!

"The government should not give previous warning of its actions but act and explain things later." ~~Jean Chrétien

As deputy chairman of the NATO Parliamentary Association's Committee on the Future of the Armed Forces, I am well aware of some of Canada's other military embarrassments, including the fact that as yet our frigates have no helicopters capable of protecting them. And including the fact that Canada doesn't have enough lift capacity to get the equipment it has to where it is needed without borrowing it or renting such capacity. And also including the fact that we now must count on the Americans to refuel our jets in midair, because Canada doesn't have tanker planes anymore. Trust me, the list goes on.

These are our allies, and they know we are cheating. Canadians want a stable, peaceful world, but we aren't willing to keep ourselves fit enough to contribute to maintaining that kind of world.

The Canadian Armed Forces is collapsing - not might or could collapse but is collapsing. The problems with the navy's marine helicopters that dogged Jean Chretien during his tenure as prime minister are only a sample of the problems facing today's military.

Not so sure you are too free up there.

Whats that?
They took your gun rights from you.
What did you do?
Nothing.
Thats Sad. Neutered like a bull ready for the slaughter.

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 03:59 PM
link   
good points. not so free. you're right.
i guess when i say it, i'm talking about spirit. the canadian spirit is VERY free and strong.
the gun thing fell flat on it's face, by the way. too ineffecient, costly, and downright unpopular. an example of something the government(NWO, actually) tried to shove down the people's throat that had NOTHING to do with the will of the people. government waste in this country is ridiculous. why not? they get like more than half of every dollar earned by the people.
i'll switch gears here into a more universal format. BOTH countries are being taken over by globalist fascists. i'm not against globalism, but i AM STRONGLY against global corporate fascism, and the slow bleeding of self determination from ALL countries which are getting into all these 'free trade' agreements. it's like everything these criminals make or do, they give the opposite name to it. 'free trade' is actually 'protectionism', for example.
the 'benefits' of GMO foods are the destruction of biodiversity and FREEDOM. the 'war on terror' is a war to create terror and terrorists. the 'war on drugs' was to lock down control of the coke flow into the states, and of course, we've got to keep these private prisons stocked with inmates or there will be no profit in 'justice'.

and the quebec/canada thing has been going on since before canada was a country. the more recent seperatists are the albertans. i guess too much oil and beef makes a texan out of anyone.

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Billybob. Just voted you way above. ....Been tripping over a string of your rather brilliant contributions.

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Yea, Billybob...you said a mouthful and I could'nt agree more. You deserve honourable mention for that excellent post.

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Like the maps say...North America......We are American just with a sep. set of laws, health care etc. etc. Our history is together and our people are connected threw' family to industry....even the sports are One.

But to answer the question.....of course we be there
...plain and simple.

Even if war with an existing Europe country prob. even Britain we would fav. USA. We don't even have any big soccer leagues with them anymore....(that doesn't say something)

But to help with the space things (missle/space defence etc.)....uh' maybe we just help YA' (USA) with the "arm part".....like in the shuttle
We good that way....clever bunch up North...those Canadians

Y'r forever Canadian friend,
Sven

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 08:12 PM
link   
To our Canadian friends we will support you if America ever tries to take control there. The Americans don't realize how the British have world wide support in the Commonwealth in Australia and New Zealand and other countries that are in the Commonwealth, so i say to you Yanks lay off Canada or your history.

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 08:48 PM
link   
In the corner, crying...

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Def funny post man

Think d'a picture of y'r bulldog just makes it a classic

Y'r Canadian friend,
Sven

PS Feeling all warm inside knowing the bulldog is in my yard (even if we don't play sports together like with the Yanks)

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 08:56 PM
link   
You ought to be crying. even the friendly countries are getting fed up with US policy in the world, don't pick on Canada its a great Country and don't write off the Brits they have more power than you think.

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Canada supporting and offensive war, is alot different from a defensive war. If there is an actual threat Canada has never backed down.

Canada would support the USA, as I'm sure the USA would support Canada in any confrontation. It is in both our best interest to defend America. It is not in Canadas best interest to go STARTING new problems as their are already enough of those.

I did not like reading posts saying that Canada can't defend ourselves, as we can and have in the past.

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 09:22 PM
link   
While I agree with the sentiment regarding the commonwealth, and I have stated many times here that Australia etc. would rush to the defence of Canada, I have friends in the US, great friends. You shouldn't put friends in compromising situations, how much do you value your friendship with countries like Australia who support America all the time? Not very unless they are doing just that, "What you want". I don't think the US is silly enough to mess with Canada in that regard. Many Canadians and Americans are good friends too.

Suffice to say, if America did invade/attack Canada (yeah right), Americans might just find themselves fighting against their own. That old adage comes to mind though, the one about not messing with a man's family...blood - water, and all that.

Charlie Murphy, forget all the crap about Canada not being able to defend. Modest militarys such as ours have a proud history of being innovative and resourceful. Remember, after the bombs drop and the infrastructure collapses, the only advanced technology that matters is the human brain.

[edit on 6-8-2005 by cargo]

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Dont suck up to the Us ,Canada there going down big time because of Bush, stick with the Mother Country, God Save The Queen.

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Was that directed at me Bulldog?

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 09:39 PM
link   
I am CANADIAN, furthermore, I served my country for a number of years as an infantry soldier. I have been on peacekeeping and peacemaking missions. I have trained alongside marines, I have trained alongside the British, I have trained with Fins and some special forces from different parts of the globe. Fortunately I am not the only one, we have many soldiers with the same experience and more. We are trained how to operate with technology and with. We are trained on every weapon in the arsenal, and in all vehicles. Our training is very difficult, I can guarangodamtee that we will give one hell of a fight in WWIII and ask for seconds. The Canadian military spirit and comradery is among the bes in the world. Every single person serving our forces is extremely proud to be there, serving our country, and I personally know that every soldier I came in contact with will defend our nation, our world with their life. And to the fellow canadians that make remarks about our military being crap, get out then, leave, join another country. We do not need your negativity when we are out defending your lazy ass. You would have no freedom were it not for us. If you really do not know what our forces are cabable of, ask, look it up, find out, dont assume. We are some of the best trained soldiers, and we will inflict some serious damage should WWIII come upon us.

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 09:43 PM
link   
But Canada don't play hockey or baseball or basketball with the Commenwealth

And sports plays such a role in the main stream of things no?

Y'r Canadian friend,
Sven

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Not trying to be rude, but just trying to offer an honest opinion from an American perspective......

We could care less what the Canadians do....Seriously...They are Crown sympathizers, always have been, always will be.

You know why Americans hate Canadians soo much? It's because of fear, that's why. Canadians could stage a hostile takeover, and NO ONE would notice. Would you? I can not differeniate a Canadian from an American.

Since we cannot identify them then they all are suspect. Hey , if they wanted to be "free" then they would not of sided with the crown would they of? No, they just want to reap the benefits of America's victory, whilst not giving ANY of the sacrifices.

.......typical really......

For that simple reason alone- We should watch them as close as we can!
(half serious)

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Don't sweat the retoric of our Canadian Armed Forces.......(is it not a good tool to have in y'r hockey bag to desive the enemy...make em' think y'r weak when y'r realy a TUFF AS* Canadian )

If not mistaken ....we have realy never LOST a war and if not mistaken we kicked USA's ass last time we scraped....we chased em' past Washington. And y'r def. right about Canada having the Best men in the world (oops and woman) and have one of the BEST ground forces....(prop. why th'r in Afgahn now ...in some of the worst areas, till just after the poles in that country)

Y'r Canadian friend,
Sven

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by phoenixhasrisin
Not trying to be rude, but just trying to offer an honest opinion from an American perspective......

We could care less what the Canadians do....Seriously...They are Crown sympathizers, always have been, always will be.

You know why Americans hate Canadians soo much? It's because of fear, that's why. Canadians could stage a hostile takeover, and NO ONE would notice. Would you? I can not differeniate a Canadian from an American.

Since we cannot identify them then they all are suspect. Hey , if they wanted to be "free" then they would not of sided with the crown would they of? No, they just want to reap the benefits of America's victory, whilst not giving ANY of the sacrifices.

For that simple reason alone- We should watch them as close as we can!
(half serious)

Congrats, that's the most inane post I've seen today. "Crown symp."? I assume you mean Britain. Aren't they holding your hand in that mess in Iraq?

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by cargo
Charlie Murphy, forget all the crap about Canada not being able to defend. Modest militarys such as ours have a proud history of being innovative and resourceful.

The Second Battle of Ypres, Vimy Ridge and Courcelette to name a few.

Originally posted by phoenixhasrisin
We could care less what the Canadians do

You'll care when you run out of oil and water.

They are Crown sympathizers, always have been, always will be.

So that must make you a gun-toting racist? Canada achieved independence from the Crown without a war.

As typical as this American response?

[edit on 6-8-2005 by Charlie Murphy]

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 10:13 PM
link   
C'mon....I mean if you honestly think that I am even half serious then I would suggest some therapy.

Perhaps it is my fault as I am not aware of the proper protocals to signify emotion, my apologies.

Honestly though....did you really think I was serious?

[edit on 6-8-2005 by phoenixhasrisin]

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join