It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CAIR wants McDonald’s employees fired for hiding bacon in Muslim family’s sandwiches

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 12:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Exactly. There are simply more important things to worry about it. Even for casual Muslims, the only part of the "5 Pillars of Islam" that directly relates to food is to fast during Ramadan. The Pillar of Charity can be indirectly included, but that's a stretch.

But to be blunt, I think a lot of people don't see it like that because they don't see Muslims as people. They understand that normal people have different tastes/preferences, different taboos, different allergies, etc. But when it comes to Muslims, it's like their brains short circuit and they can't identify us as humans with human preferences, taboos, allergies, etc.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 12:05 AM
link   
a reply to: _R4t_

You're stuck on some Religious aspect of this and clearly you have a bias against that religion. Fine, I don't care if you do or not. But as far as the topic is concerned, just minus out the Religion then.

If you order food a certain way, that is how you should get it. Accidents happen now and then sure. But this apparently wasn't an accident plus the people preparing the order did not prepare it correctly.

That's all that's needed right there. Regardless of what happened as a result. It could of caused someone to get sick or even die in some cases, but this isn't one of those cases, but that also doesn't matter.

The fact is they wouldn't do their job correctly and that is absolutely grounds for firing them.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 12:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

You really are clueless first burgers are cooked on a grill the bacon they make is in a microwave. The two never meet and if they did they would be shut down. When people order a burger no one wants one covered in pig grease. These employees either screwed up or did it on purpose. Anyone eating and paying for things in a restaurant has a right to have it the way they want If requested.

The employees here broke that rule mistakes happen but mistakes like this could get someone killed. This is not something any restaurant can afford to allow. They could have killed someone and easily be on trial for himicide.

Your clueless yourself...

Mmmmm I live in a very small town, I know the owner of 2 McDonald...

yourquestions.mcdonalds.ca...

Waleed K.
from London, ON
“Is the bacon cooked on the same grill as the burgers?”

McDonald's Canada
Hi Waleed. Our beef, pork, and chicken products may be prepared on the same grill surface, but not at the same time. Every time a menu item is cooked, our grill is scraped and wiped down before we prepare another item. Thanks for your question!

If you think they clean it as advertised? LOL!

www.telegraph.co.uk...

I don't eat there anymore for a reason, the owner won't even eat there himself... If you think they clean it often, its a luck if its done once during the entire day and that's depending on how busy they are, they don't even have enough people at the cash registered to get orders let alone people in the back to clean...

www.nbcnews.com...

www.tripadvisor.ca...

www.usatoday.com...

www.mirror.co.uk...

And its not even their fault, most locations are understaffed and overworked and just don't have time to clean...

edit on 3-8-2017 by _R4t_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 12:14 AM
link   
I agree they should be fired. If someone working at a fast food restaurant purposely puts something in someone's food that they did not order it is without question a firable offense every single time.

Food allergies alone is a good enough reason why this is the case.

I mean seriously...Targeting individuals because of their religion and putting something in their food??? Does anyone here truly believe that these people sound like high quality employees that a manager or owner would want to have continue working at their restaurant?

I'd love to hear some responses to my question. Maybe someone can convince me otherwise?

edit on 3-8-2017 by Argus100 because: Typo

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 12:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: infolurker

Their religion is not even a factor in my opinion on why whomever was responsible, if this were substantiated, would have been fired if that were my franchise, tampering with people's food is a total douche maneuver and they don't belong in the hospitality industry.

Right on the money. Food being tampered with is a zero tolerance issue in any halfway decent restaurant in the world.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 12:20 AM
link   

If they say they do clean for different food preparation but don't then they are in violation and if they get caught it's not a laughing matter.

Regardless of what you may think, there are rules and regulations that do in fact matter when it comes to food handling, washing, preparing, etc. and it's no joke.

It's may not always be enforced at all times, because that would be impossible to actually do, but the rules still apply and if you get caught breaking them it can be serious for the business.

It's also not just some joke either. I worked with a guy recently that couldn't have gluton. Not because he didn't want it, but because if he had even a trace amount he would get sick as hell. Everywhere we went to eat he had to make sure No Gluton at all was in his food. Not even a knife or plate that had something with Gluton could touch his food or he'd get sick for days or weeks.

Imagine that. Having to take a week off work because someone said they wash correctly and prepare food right and then don't because they think it's a joke and now you're sick and can't work for a week.

It's not a joke.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 12:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: _R4t_

You really are clueless first burgers are cooked on a grill the bacon they make is in a microwave. The two never meet and if they did they would be shut down. When people order a burger no one wants one covered in pig grease. These employees either screwed up or did it on purpose. Anyone eating and paying for things in a restaurant has a right to have it the way they want If requested.

The employees here broke that rule mistakes happen but mistakes like this could get someone killed. This is not something any restaurant can afford to allow. They could have killed someone and easily be on trial for himicide.

Waleed K.
from London, ON

McDonald's Canada
Hi Waleed. Our beef, pork, and chicken products may be prepared on the same grill surface, but not at the same time. Every time a menu item is cooked, our grill is scraped and wiped down before we prepare another item. Thanks for your question!

www.telegraph.co.uk...

I don't eat there anymore for a reason, the owner won't even eat there himself... If you think they clean it often, its a luck if its done once during the entire day and that's depending on how busy they are, they don't even have enough people at the cash registered to get orders let alone people in the back to clean...

www.nbcnews.com...

www.tripadvisor.ca...

www.usatoday.com...

www.mirror.co.uk...

You argue points and just make stuff up don't you. Did you even bother to see how mcdonalds does things?? First when they were talking about cooking pork on the grill that is breakfast after breakfast the grill gets cleaned. Bacon as I said earlier is microwaved. After breakfast they do the same to the sausage. Go order a sausage egg mcmuffin one in the morning and one at night you'll see the difference. The grill will always be cleaned it violates health codes if they dont. Any place that cooks pork and beef on the same grill without cleaning violates health codes.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 12:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

If they say they do clean for different food preparation but don't then they are in violation and if they get caught it's not a laughing matter.

Regardless of what you may think, there are rules and regulations that do in fact matter when it comes to food handling, washing, preparing, etc. and it's no joke.

It's may not always be enforced at all times, because that would be impossible to actually do, but the rules still apply and if you get caught breaking them it can be serious for the business.

It's also not just some joke either. I worked with a guy recently that couldn't have gluton. Not because he didn't want it, but because if he had even a trace amount he would get sick as hell. Everywhere we went to eat he had to make sure No Gluton at all was in his food. Not even a knife or plate that had something with Gluton could touch his food or he'd get sick for days or weeks.

Imagine that. Having to take a week off work because someone said they wash correctly and prepare food right and then don't because they think it's a joke and now you're sick and can't work for a week.

It's not a joke.

And I totally agree with you but sadly it is not the case at all and this extends beyond McDonald same thing with KFC and others, the only place I go is Subway cuz I can see at least a part of where my food comes from...

And its not the fault of the employee, if the kid is told by his shift manager stop cleaning we don't have time for this we have 3 lines of clients keep cooking... He will need to do it and if he doesn't he's gonna get fired... Now is that fair for that kid to get fired of someone eat something he cooked
on an unsanitary plate because he had to follow orders of his boss? And the boss follow orders of the regional manager and the regional manager of the HQ of McDonald?

I have nothing against religion, religion is only as good as the person following it, religion doesn't make choices for you it shows you a path to follow and its your choice to follow it or not... As a matter of fact my religious view is that we all have the same God but somehow in the mist of time we developed our own different ways to worship and and we're fighting over who's right and who's wrong... Hence why I advocate to stop trying to take everything verbatim out of scriptures because not all scriptures have been written by sane people...

What I'm trying to say is if I was a muslim, I wouldn't take everything at face value and do everything the islam scriptures says... I would try to weight the good and the bad into it, I wouldn't go to McDonald and places I know they cook bacon because I know its going to end up in my food one what or another...

And at last I would certainly not demand for the firing of people and contacting the news and all when the Qu'ran specifically says that if your eating it without knowing then its not your fault...

I'm pointing out that they are hypocrite in causing drama over this story and that if they had been true islamic followers they wouldn't have went there in first place...

I can't eat shrimps, if I do I'm gonna die... So I don't go to places they cook shrimps because I know mistake happens and if I go to a place that cook shrimps and a mistake happen my life is in jeopardy...

Should I happen to go and it happens then its as much my fault as theirs cuz I shouldn't have set foot in there in first place... I'm not gonna contact the news and make a fuss and try to sue them, I just shouldn't have went there...

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 12:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: _R4t_

Waleed K.
from London, ON

McDonald's Canada

www.telegraph.co.uk...

www.nbcnews.com...

www.tripadvisor.ca...

www.usatoday.com...

www.mirror.co.uk...

You argue points and just make stuff up don't you. Did you even bother to see how mcdonalds does things?? First when they were talking about cooking pork on the grill that is breakfast after breakfast the grill gets cleaned. Bacon as I said earlier is microwaved. After breakfast they do the same to the sausage. Go order a sausage egg mcmuffin one in the morning and one at night you'll see the difference. The grill will always be cleaned it violates health codes if they dont. Any place that cooks pork and beef on the same grill without cleaning violates health codes.

Click here and read... I even took time to quote it for you from McDonald themselves.... Making up stuff? Its f'ing McDonald answering that very question themselves stating its cooked on the same surface? Are you saying you know better how McDonald cook things than McDonald themselves? And they are notorious for being dirty just google it... I get it, your irritated but just because your irritated doesn't mean you have to ignore facts... I shown you McDonald answering the question themselves whether its cooked on the same surface or not, are you simply ignoring that too and stating I'm making things up?

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Well that's your choice and you don't have to go anywhere you don't want to. But there are regulations and rules in place which any business serving food is going to follow if they plan on being in business for very long. For exactly that reason. Because it could actually kill someone.

This isn't taken lightly at all in most places, I know because my wife is in that business and is tested on all that stuff repeatedly.

Besides that, maybe they follow their religion in their own way or something, what difference does it make. That was their order and that is what they should get.

Hell, I'm not religious or allergic to anything and if someone screws with my food, I want them fired too. I didn't order something almost like what I said or something close to it. No, I paid the exact money for it and I expect exactly what I paid for. That's the deal. If they can't deliver then they don't need to take my money and say they will. That's the way it works.

Accidents happen and I understand that, but the second I find out it was on purpose someone is going to have a problem. Because that's isn't what I said, that isn't what I was promised and that sh*t isn't going to cut it.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 12:53 AM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

And I still agree with you but what I'm saying is there was absolutely no need for them to blow it out of proportion based on the fact that

He has only forbidden to you dead animals, blood, the flesh of swine, and that which has been dedicated to other than Allah . But whoever is forced [by necessity], neither desiring [it] nor transgressing [its limit], there is no sin upon him. Indeed, Allah is Forgiving and Merciful.

Should it have been intentional and they didn't want it and eat it, no sin was upon them... BUT by voluntary walking in there and knowing you might eat something contaminated with it then you are in sin...

They are more guilty by going in there than by being given pork now in terms of allergies that's a different story people with allergies take their responsibilities and knows where to go and when to ask if they could be ingesting harmful ingredients...

I was simply pointing out how zealous and hypocrite they are of going in there voluntary and likely going to eat will fully pork tainted food yet making a huge drama about finding bacon in there when their own religion state they are fine if they eat it without knowing and wanting it...

All that should have happened is they should have had a talk with the manager if they suspected it was a bad taste prank and that's it but instead they are always blowing things out of proportion on TV with the "islamophobic" thing and tiring crap and making more demands... Why simply not go to Subway, you can see exactly what they are putting in your sandwich?

I just think muslims seriously need to chill and take a deep look at their religion, there are some things that make sense and others that don't at all, like killing infidels but they absolutely refuse to face this and this is what I was pointing out trying to force her to answer because they won't follow logic only scriptures...

The same goes with food, instead of trying to shape the world around their beliefs and asking everyone to conform to them, they should conform to the world and not the other way around...

It could be a religion of peace, we could all get along well but they are the ones making it about religion and a problem worldwide, the food is only scratching the surface...

That was my point from the beginning lol

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Let's say I was to agree with you that they were just out looking for something to make an issue over. Let's say they are in fact just a couple of Activists who were looking for some attention to make a fuss over and that's why they went there, just to have a problem to cause an outcry.

It's still the employees fault for giving it to them on a silver platter.

Had they just done their job correctly instead of playing games and being a couple morons this wouldn't happen. But because they thought it was funny or whatever they were thinking, they are at fault. Activists looking for something to complain about have no ground to stand on when people act how they're supposed to.

That's why there are rules to doing your job. Even the littlest thing that you think is no big deal can in fact become a big deal if caught. Think about the employer if he loses his business over something like this and now he can't feed his own family because a couple of stupid punks thought this was funny. Stuff like this can amount to more than people think sometimes.

So even if it's someone out looking for something to make a big deal over. Don't give it to them. When you do, you're the problem then. Activists out of control wouldn't be able to make a big deal out of anything if it wasn't given to them.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 01:14 AM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

Bingo... 100% in agreement its a 50/50 thing and they made it about religion and blew it out of proportion when their own religion absolved them of eating bacon involuntary... Yet they themselves put themselves in a state of sin by wilfully eating potentially tainted meat by setting foot in there in first place...

And it piss me off beyond reason to see how everything that doesn't chime well with them is islamophobic or racist and they blow it out of proportion...

All they had to do was get the manager and get that kid to step on his ego apologise, being the manager I would of gave them anything they wanted to eat and deducted it off his paycheck...

No need to fire anyone, call the news and make it a nationwide problem its just contributing to fuel the tensions they are complaining about in first place... They made it a social/religious thing when it either was an error or a bad taste joke that should of been dealt like an error and a bad taste joke.

Anyways, I won't comment anymore its pointless, nice talking with you, you sound like a pretty decent and intelligent guy, I wish more people would sit and ponder upon things before blowing out of proportion or sticking 100% to religious scriptures without ever questioning if it make sense or not... but yeah...

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 02:02 AM
link   

What is this, some set-up to try and force restaurants to go halal? I don't believe it without real proof. A photo of bacon isn't proof, first off, and second, how do we know, if there was bacon on the sandwiches, that they didn't order it that way just to have a reason to complain?
edit on 3-8-2017 by LadyGreenEyes because: typo

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 02:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

originally posted by: Grimpachi
My opinion is that it is probably true. It wouldn't surprise in the least being Alabama. The other thing is they are not looking to sue.

Apology and the ones responsible fired is what they want.

Many of the mcdonald's I've been to, the back of house can't see who's ordering.... So there's that.

As someone else has said, it's fast food, how many times have you gotten an order wrong when you look at it.

I'm not privy to tomato (commercial tomatoes).

I always ask for none but can't count how many times I have to pull that sloppy wet loogy off.

What if the salad station is next to the sandwich station? They just chopped some bacon maybe.

All I'm saying is since when has McDonald's had any food standards?

Most of it isn't even real, you can leave it in a car for a month and it will look the same.

So you believe it was an honest mistake right? An honest mistake in all 14 sandwiches and you believe that.

Oh, and it is Mcdonalds after all. I ask what salad station what chopped bacon? It is assembly line food they are not actual cooks I don't even think they have a knife in their shop and if they do it is only for opening boxes.

I think they did it themselves. let's be completely honest here. the six second video - hardly proof - shows parts of what looks like a single piece of bacon, scattered across some sandwiches, as if dropped there. If someone did this intentionally, they'd have placed it beneath the bun, out of sight, and the customers would not have known.

The whole thing screams of a CAIR publicity stunt.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 02:26 AM
link   
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

It's possible they thought hmm I wonder why is my burger more delicious than usual. Here in Australia it's almost a given that fast food joints have outlets which are halal. We are told that if we don't want to eat halal to choose another location. We're not given much of a choice in many grocery items, though. We have to either take it or leave it. Halal is the new default. It's a disgusting double standard and completely unnecessary anywhere in the developed, Western world and outside of the hell hole this insane cult emerged from.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 02:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes

What is this, some set-up to try and force restaurants to ho halal? I don't believe it without real proof. A photo of bacon isn't proof, first off, and second, how do we know, if there was bacon on the sandwiches, that they didn't order it that way just to have a reason to complain?

In order to have the law suit they would have had to notify management otherwise they wouldn't have a case. They indeed would have went in and talked to management. By the way id probably fire the manager on duty as well 2 reasons. One the manager is supposed to keep an eye on employees. But more importantly they had to have made the situation worse instead of solving it. While going through college I managed a taco bell. And as a Manger these employees would have went home permently.

You never risk giving someone something they specifically requested to be removed. Even at Taco bell we had people that would want no cheese do to allergies. Now mistakes could happen including them getting cheese. But as management I could resolve the issue with the customer. If I could not then the district manager would contact them. In this case if it went to court these people didn't feel their needs were met.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 02:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: GusMcDangerthing

It's possible they thought hmm I wonder why is my burger more delicious than usual. Here in Australia it's almost a given that fast food joints have outlets which are halal. We are told that if we don't want to eat halal to choose another location. We're not given much of a choice in many grocery items, though. We have to either take it or leave it. Halal is the new default. It's a disgusting double standard and completely unnecessary anywhere in the developed, Western world and outside of the hell hole this insane cult emerged from.

If you are unhappy with your grocery or restaurant then show them by going else where. Simple a business that looses customers doesn't stay in business. But I'll say offering items like that isn't new many places try to remain kosher as well. The only reason it's an issue is because you have a hatred of the religion. And you know what that's fine you have that right.Just don't expect everyone else to agree with you because of your bias.

Mcdonalds advertised as halal. As places will even claim to be kosher does it change anything?? Not in the least the choice to have bacon is available if it doesn't effect you why do you even care if they try to comply with religious standards. If your honest and ask yourself that then you at least know why you are bias.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Shame, that! No one should be forced to buy that stiff if they don't want it.

I strongly suspect, though, that this is yet another fake "hate crime", since those seem to be all the rage these days. No receipt shown, no video from the actual inside of the restaurant, just six seconds of sandwiches, with what looks like ONE piece pf bacon torn up and scattered across them?

The cooks wouldn't know who ordered what, or that they were Muslim, and if they had somehow known and wanted to do something, they'd be more likely to hide the bacon beneath the chicken, so no one would notice till they'd eaten it, if then. Notice, too, that the ONLY bite taken was nowhere near the bacon, so how did they happen to notice it?

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 02:53 AM
link   

If you are unhappy with your grocery or restaurant then show them by going else where. Simple a business that looses customers doesn't stay in business. But I'll say offering items like that isn't new many places try to remain kosher as well. The only reason it's an issue is because you have a hatred of the religion. And you know what that's fine you have that right.Just don't expect everyone else to agree with you because of your bias.

Mcdonalds advertised as halal. As places will even claim to be kosher does it change anything?? Not in the least the choice to have bacon is available if it doesn't effect you why do you even care if they try to comply with religious standards. If your honest and ask yourself that then you at least know why you are bias.

That isn't how it works here. All chains sell the same stock, for the most part. Not only that but the PC brigade have a stranglehold on the market.

Halal is an issue because most people do not want it. Why should we all be subjected to the bizarre will of a minority of cultists?

When was the last time you saw this or any food chain advertising that they were not halal or kosher? Surely since most of us are not muslim it makes no sense to pander to them so much and so often. If someone just stood up to them and said shut the hell up, it'd be just great. But it seems that it is no longer appropriate to accept rational, logical behavior and that we're beholden to the whims psychotic cultists and their insane beliefs.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join