It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CAIR wants McDonald’s employees fired for hiding bacon in Muslim family’s sandwiches

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 02:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes
a reply to: infolurker

What is this, some set-up to try and force restaurants to ho halal? I don't believe it without real proof. A photo of bacon isn't proof, first off, and second, how do we know, if there was bacon on the sandwiches, that they didn't order it that way just to have a reason to complain?

In order to have the law suit they would have had to notify management otherwise they wouldn't have a case. They indeed would have went in and talked to management. By the way id probably fire the manager on duty as well 2 reasons. One the manager is supposed to keep an eye on employees. But more importantly they had to have made the situation worse instead of solving it. While going through college I managed a taco bell. And as a Manger these employees would have went home permently.

On what grounds? One unproven complaint? Customers can and do lie. You don't just fire someone on a claim. they could complain, and still have no real case. And, no, they wouldn't have to complain in store to file a lawsuit, either. We have seen no evidence showing what was actually ordered, who prepared it, what was, or was not, done in the store, etc. All we have is a claim, and some bacon in a very short, very useless, video. That's not enough to cost someone their job. They need actual proof that, one, someone ordered "no bacon" and got it, two, that someone in the store added bacon, and three, that this was done deliberately, because they were Muslim.

We have nothing thus far.

You never risk giving someone something they specifically requested to be removed. Even at Taco bell we had people that would want no cheese do to allergies. Now mistakes could happen including them getting cheese. But as management I could resolve the issue with the customer. If I could not then the district manager would contact them. In this case if it went to court these people didn't feel their needs were met.

Oh, I quite agree. I have family members with allergies, and also certain preferences, and we have guess what, had orders done the wrong way! Never once did I demand someone was fired, though I did ask for the food to be corrected. With some people, the "need" is for a lawsuit, and getting demands met, not for a simple order correction. CAIR, to resolve a botched fast food order? Really?? That's massive overkill.

IF someone actually did this to be nasty, that's wrong, but that's FAR from proven. We don't even know that any employee of the place put bacon on those sandwiches, much less that it was deliberate, or because the customers were Muslim. Let's see some video of the order being placed, at the least. A receipt. Something.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 03:12 AM
link   
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

Wrong on all counts if they didn't go into tur store to complain the case will get thrown out. Any judge is going to have expectations that they talked with management.

If mcdonalds is like Taco bell my next step as management would have been to review the tapes. If I saw employees screwing around they would have been history. Me not doing that opens the store up to liability. If I can go in front of a judge and say your honor we had to employees that thought this was funny I fired them. At that point the judge would dismiss the case as it has been brought to a conclusion.

If I watched the tape and I see no bacon was added to their order. Then I would inform legal depth of that. They of course would tell them that we have video proof that they were lying. This is why they install the cameras our store had 8 some watching dining area drive thru and the line. I didn't know why they had all the cameras at first but later I understood as they came in handy so many times.

If they do not have any proof they didn't put it on the burger and the only evidence supplied is the pictures they will lose. So reality is you fire the employees because you don't want someone working their that could do this again and possibly kill someone. And second it makes it very difficult for someone to get a cash reward if the judge believes you did everything possible to prevent this in the future.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 03:13 AM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

So, in essence, the real problem, as ever, is that people are permitting themselves to forget something that their humanity insists they always remember.

That we are human first, and more alike than we ever will be different.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 03:21 AM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

No it is not the real issue here.

There would be no issue, if someone in a food preparation area had not deliberately placed an ingredient in someones food, which they had expressly stated they wanted nothing to do with. Whenever a customer in any eatery states that they want a food item without a certain ingredient in it, the person preparing the food is supposed to treat the situation as if this were a matter of the utmost importance, and ensure that the ingredient mentioned does not make its way into the food.

So, one more time, do you agree that kitchen staff should be permitted to ignore the instructions of customers, and place within their foods, ingredients which they have expressly and deliberately requested, be left out of the food item.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 03:52 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

They ordered 14 mc chickens. They don't even come with bacon!!!

Lettuce, mayo, bun, and chicken. I think the posters here must be playing stupid to claim bacon was accidentally added to all 14 sandwiches.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 04:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi
a reply to: TrueBrit

They ordered 14 mc chickens. They don't even come with bacon!!!

Lettuce, mayo, bun, and chicken. I think the posters here must be playing stupid to claim bacon was accidentally added to all 14 sandwiches.

EXACTLY! No way could the bacon get in there by itself so many times.

The family need checking too. They could be hanging for a pay out and nobody mentioned it. Bacon doesn't get in mcchicken sandwiches on its own. Somebody has been up to no good with the tiny little bacon scraps.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Read the thread until page 9...

None of us was there when it happened.

1) Where is the evidence of all 14 sandwiches with bits of bacon?
-> There is none.

2) How was it determined it was deliberatly (like other users wrote -> cutting board, grill, spatula etc)
-> By prejudice against a anonymous person no one her knows personally. But some leftist types (and others) were -as always- quick to scream "racist".

The alergic argument:
3) Example: If you´re alergic to shellfish so much that it threatens your life, for example, then DON`T go eating at places where they serve them on a hourly base. Commons sense -no, better- the will to survival should tell you better not to eat there.

It has nothing to do with beating on a minority (alergics) but with commons sense.
Seriously, why put your life into the hand of sheer LUCK? For a serious alergic it doesn´t take much!

4) To those simply assuming it was deliberate:
Anyone ever been at a McDonalds or BK KNOWNS that the kitchen is setup so that the customer can´t see what´s going on back there. That works the other way arround, too. They just have a monitor where they see the orders and prepare them. Adding to that, the cooks don´t know who´s going to get what wrapped item and that brings me to my last point:

I´m all for firing people that mess with other foods if it is clear that it was deliberate. But we all know, mistakes happen, especially in such a busy environment like McD or BK.

But it´s way easier to scream "racism", "bigotry". Ironically the ones who were simply screaming that, have a history doing that and it fit´s their eyesocket like a fist (a german saying).

And a last word to the members saying "I would have fired him/her instantly." This is not integrity, it´s a knee jerk reaction based on what some angry customer has to say, proofing you NOT to be a good chef.

I repeat, if it´s clear that it was deliberate, fire the person. If not, excuse to the customer sincerely, give them the option to get back their money or if they want to stay, what they really ordered. (edit) And appologize with a free item (edit)

I wish some people would use their common sense. If you want to avoid bacon, THE LAST PLACE you want to go at is a McDonalds in America.

edit on 3-8-2017 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 06:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
a reply to: Alien Abduct

Do you have proof?

No, for the simple fact "Muslim" is not a race. The only evidence of racism is the confusing of a religion with a race.

I'm not asking if you have proof of the employee being a racist, I was wondering if you have proof the McDonald's employee went out of their way to offend the Muslim family since that's what you are accusing them of. Got some video? Links? Evidence?

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Innocent until proofen otherwhise.

But not if it´s the current political enemy or -god beware- a "hate crime".

Then it´s miraculously the other way around. Pathetic hypocrats they are.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 07:03 AM
link   
... and so many here want to make it a social issue rather than a religious one.

Avoiding the unclean is as much a part of Islam (and Judaism for that matter) as drinking grapejuice and eating crackers is for Christians.

So, it's okay if I pee in the grapejuice next time then? Smear some other bodily fluid on the crackers?

See? It's no fun to have your sacred beliefs treated as if they are a joke, is it?
edit on 3-8-2017 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 07:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
Avoiding the unclean is as much a part of Islam (and Judaism for that matter) as drinking grapejuice and eating crackers is for Christians.

So drinking grapejuice and eating crackers is a fundamental pillar of christianity? Just pointing out how ridiculous that sounds. Why make it religious?

The religion of the customer should not play any role in this. It´s relative simple:

If deliberately done -> fire the one.
If not deliberatly done or by spatula etc -> Revisit hygiene standards and remind the person to be more careful. Appologize for the uncomfort.

Easy and simple.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 07:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: verschickter

originally posted by: Gryphon66

So drinking grapejuice and eating crackers is a fundamental pillar of christianity? Just pointing out how ridiculous that sounds. Why make it religious?

The religion of the customer should not play any role in this. It´s relative simple:

If deliberately done -> fire the one.
If not deliberatly done or by spatula etc -> Revisit hygiene standards and remind the person to be more careful. Appologize for the uncomfort.

Easy and simple.

Yeah, you may have heard of "the Eucharist" or Communion? Or not?

It's a religious issue. Right-wingers conveniently forget American religious freedom whenever Muslims (or any non-Christians) are involved.

PS: the "accidental" angle isn't selling, not even close. One small piece of bacon carefully placed on each of 14 sandwiches?

Wow.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 07:30 AM
link   

PS: the "accidental" angle isn't selling, not even close. One small piece of bacon carefully placed on each of 14 sandwiches?

Hearsay. Where is the evidence that all 14 were contaminated with bacon? Where? The word of the ones accusing? Come on! This is not how the justice system works and you know that very well, or at least I expected you to know.

Wow -> about your ignorance.

Yeah, you may have heard of "the Eucharist" or Communion? Or not?

Those are not "crackers" and it´s not grape juice, it´s actual wine but less %. That´s why the priest only takes a small sip, if even. At least here, where the origins are.

You are clearly uneducated when it comes to that and how the justice system works.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 07:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: verschickter

Hearsay. Where is the evidence that all 14 were contaminated with bacon? Where? The word of the ones accusing? Come on! This is not how the justice system works and you know that very well, or at least I expected you to know.

Wow -> about your ignorance.

LOL ... yeah ... "my" ignorance. You don't seem to understand the difference between a customer complaint and some courtroom drama you've watched on TV.

Where is the evidence counselor? Well, let's see.

There's photographs, the statement of the customers themselves, etc.

And ... oh my, a Youtube video, which is prima facie right-wing evidence on ATS ...

I guess we'll see if McDonald's automatically has the same disdain for the statements and religious beliefs of fellow American customers as you do.

/shrug

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 07:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

I saw 3 sandwiches with what looks like bacon, not 14.
I agree it looks deliberate, still my point stands.
I share no disdain against any religion, in fact I was writing this:

The religion of the customer should not play any role in this. It´s relative simple: If deliberately done -> fire the one. If not deliberatly done or by spatula etc -> Revisit hygiene standards and remind the person to be more careful. Appologize for the uncomfort. Easy and simple.

But religion get´s people more riled up, you know? (you know!)

Edit: And I don´t watch TV very often. Asumptions over asumption. Try to project less and think more.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 07:50 AM
link   
a reply to: verschickter

LOL ... think more? You're serious? Well, as you want to make the issue personal, I'll oblige and then ignore you.

What have you submitted as your "thought" here? An apparent ignorance of Christian rituals and a rather silly suggestion that the "rules of evidence" somehow come into play in a customer complaint at McDonalds ... is this the evidence of a "thinker"?

This is a documented customer complaint with overtones of possible religious discrimination ... and your approach is merely to discredit the customers, imply that their religious beliefs are unimportant, and basically show us all that you're having some sort of knee-jerk reaction.

Typical.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 07:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Go home your drunk

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Refund their money and say, "Sorry".

It was a chicken sandwich for Pete's sake!

It's not like they desecrated a mosque!

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 07:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

This proves my point exactly.

You and others here are demeaning the religious beliefs of these folks.

Just because Christians eat garbage doesn't mean that everyone does.

(See how that works?)

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 08:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Wait till the day someone fly's 50 pigs into a mosque, it will be a bourka.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join