It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am done with the political hate, and double standards.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Man. I just..can't...even.

The level of hypocrisy in the OP is truly astounding. New heights have been reached.

I am so freaking sick of people bringing up Russia, as if its not an Issue. Unless the people doing it work for U.S. intel they are just talking out of their rears.

Gold, sheer gold!!

The hard truth is that you only like the information you agree with. There is a term for that.

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 05:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
a reply to: seeker1963

You have been doing nothing more than trying to shut others down by telling them how what they said was rude and uncalled for.

Nope.

What I am trying to say is that we should all try to get along a little better because I think that would result in better and more constructive debate. I am also saying that I think the OP is being unfairly flamed, I am not say that anyone should not exert the freedom to be a total dick for the sake of being a dick.

Yet, why is it when you insult someone because they have a different belief than you it is okay in your little world?

What have I said that has insulted you and why does it insult you so much?

Well, I am a warrior, not a leader. So if you are trying to set the example, perhaps you should lead by setting it?

I don't think you realize how aggressive you can be, and allot of trump supporters are. Anything said bad about him and you guys jump all over it. The sad thing is, you do it when its true what is being said. I just don't know how anyone can support this man at all. There are a few of you who just say rude things no matter what. The Russia thing especially. I mean come on, why do you think the U.S. has posted sanctions on them. It is because of the meddling in the election. There is no ifs ands or buts.

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

And just to be clear as well, I don't think you're a bad person, just really uniformed and naive, compared to us just being uninformed.

Why?

Specifically, with logic and facts why?

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 05:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: kurthall

originally posted by: seeker1963

a reply to: seeker1963

You have been doing nothing more than trying to shut others down by telling them how what they said was rude and uncalled for.

Nope.

What I am trying to say is that we should all try to get along a little better because I think that would result in better and more constructive debate. I am also saying that I think the OP is being unfairly flamed, I am not say that anyone should not exert the freedom to be a total dick for the sake of being a dick.

Yet, why is it when you insult someone because they have a different belief than you it is okay in your little world?

What have I said that has insulted you and why does it insult you so much?

Well, I am a warrior, not a leader. So if you are trying to set the example, perhaps you should lead by setting it?

I don't think you realize how aggressive you can be, and allot of trump supporters are. Anything said bad about him and you guys jump all over it. The sad thing is, you do it when its true what is being said. I just don't know how anyone can support this man at all. There are a few of you who just say rude things no matter what. The Russia thing especially. I mean come on, why do you think the U.S. has posted sanctions on them. It is because of the meddling in the election. There is no ifs ands or buts.

Ever watch your crew ANTIFA in action?

Sorry, I am using words in opposition of a disagreement with the words you use. If you find my words aggressive? Well then I think it's you who has a problem.

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: kurthall

If you quit, they win.

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: kurthall
a reply to: worldstarcountry

I am not done with ATS I was a lurker years before I joined in 2011. I am done reasoning with the unreasonable.

If you are going to go, go but go for the right reasons.

Going because someone made a post that upset you is just silly.

I know how it feels, but you have to remember none of this matters, their views are not any more or any less valuable than our own.

Best reason I think to leave ATS would be to free up some time to do something more worthwhile, not because some jerk hundreds of miles away wrote a few lines that pissed you off.

No way, I am not going anywhere. I love ATS, and have for over 10 years. I never really got into the politics on the boards until this nightmare of a President started running for office. I only got involved with the political side because I feel strongly about it. I am just not going to argue with people about trump.

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 05:50 PM
link   

And just to be clear as well, I don't think you're a bad person, just really uniformed and naive, compared to us just being uninformed.

Why?

Specifically, with logic and facts why?

I have read your threads, and its not you who is uninformed. Not in the slightest.

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

What do you mean why? He was the one that said he thought we were just uninformed and i countered with him being really uninformed.

Why don't you ask him the same question?

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 05:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

If you quit, they win.

I don't think they do.

I think it just means that you cannot be bothered feeling like your smashing your head against a wall anymore.

It does not mean they were right and you were wrong because you decide to take a step back, or even if you decide to concede a point. I conceded once for example that no Trump was not making a fun of a disabled reporter. Does that mean I am wrong to still argue that I think Trump is unfit to be POTUS. No.

I think on ATS we are to obsessed with "winning", I have been about these boards for a long time, very rarely do I actually see anyone "winning" a debate (argument).

I see ATS as platform to write about topics I find interesting, I go off, research them, then write up my findings on ATS and leave them open to be critiqued and discussed. There is not winning or losing.

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 05:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

He does have an addition to the
button which kind of means to shut the eff up and he uses to sign off on a lot of his comments.

It's a bit of an irritating posting mannerism. It's kind of like he's trying to say that whatever he said was so definitive that there could not possibly be any response, or he's telling you a head of time to shut up.

If you read my post, I don't use that button anymore. You guys hated it, I listened and stopped. If I were going to use that button, I clearly would have used it in a rant.

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Reading things that confirm your beliefs just so you can project the rest with your feelings is not being informed.

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 05:57 PM
link   
To sum it up, if you didn't want 4 more years of Obama (aka Hillary) then you're an idiot who uses aggressive and angry words and you starred in "Deliverance".

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 05:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986

What do you mean why? He was the one that said he thought we were just uninformed and i countered with him being really uninformed.

Why don't you ask him the same question?

What I mean is you said you thought he was uniformed.

Why do you think that?

edit on 28-7-2017 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 05:59 PM
link   
You really need to stick around, OP.
You are a credit to the Left.

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Because somebody that is truly informed and something other than incredibly naive, would be able to view things objectively past there emotions and feelings? This applies to you too my friend.

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986

Because somebody that is truly informed and something other than incredibly naive, would be able to view things objectively past there emotions and feelings? This applies to you too my friend.

You see what I really read from that is that you disagree with me therefore I am naive and misinformed. Which comes across as extremely arrogant

Do you not think that it could be more likely that I am actually just as well informed as you but on balance I have reached a different opinion?

Also what am I specifically uninformed on?

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 06:19 PM
link   

That's what I mean, all of your opinions are projections based on your feelings, which came from reading "information" that resonated with you.. just look at your last few threads for example.

For me, being truly informed, goes far beyond just the facts. It's understanding all the dynamics and nuances of the situation. You will never get the whole picture if you just stop at your feelings.

A problem that is very prevalent among the never Trumpers.
edit on 28-7-2017 by knowledgehunter0986 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Ok what am I misinformed on.

And I mean specifically

Take the thread I wrote the other day about Trumps team, what was I ignorant off?

All you contributed on the first page was something about burgers....

Can you see how that might make you look ignorant?

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Well first of all, I could care less what you think of me.

And secondly to answer your question - your basic premise was, since everyone that got fired or left had some connections to Russia, you put 2 and 2 together, with a cup of your feelings, and came to the conclusion of "Trump's imploding due to Russia". You came to this conclusion not because you're informed on the matter, but because of your preconceived notions of Trump that are deeply rooted in hate (which can be witnessed in the thread before this one), and from your belief that Trump colluded with Russia. When in reality, there was nothing to say their Russian connections had anything to do with collusion or some investigation. You know people in powerful positions usually have international connections right? Just because there is a narrative between Russia and the US, doesn't make every US and Russian connection some sort of collusion (Nuances). So, basically the word Russia was the only "evidence" you had, but you had no problem reaching your conclusions. Of course only after watching and reading a bunch of one sided bias articles and documentaries, only cementing your bias even further, leaving you with the impression that you are highly informed on the matter, when in reality you're still missing a lot of the picture (dynamics).

And all of this is just based on simple observations, I'd have to go back and read your thread (btw, I didn't even read it the first time) if I want to elaborate any further.

edit on 28-7-2017 by knowledgehunter0986 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 06:48 PM
link   
You know.. if you are sincere and actually follow through, more power to you kurthall.

Sometimes what I like to do is go back through what I have written and act like it is someone else that is talking to me. Doing this successfully requires a true and genuine dissociative mindset, but it can be extraordinarily enlightening. There are a few techniques that can facilitate the process, but they aren't too tough to figure out (find and replace keywords from the opposing bias, etc.).

Hopefully, if done correctly, we can see how we might have contributed to the situation ourselves.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join