It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am done with the political hate, and double standards.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: kurthall
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

You are another one who listens to no one, accept people who are like minded. You choose to not be informed. Just read some of your posts. They get very ugly, and do not listen to reason.

I don't find linking to articles that confirm your bias, whining and emojis to be particularly reasonable.

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 04:24 PM
link   
At some point, Kurthall, you have to stop caring and just let it go.

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: kurthall
ok, see you tomorrow in another thread. Nobody ever seems to fulfill their promises of being done or leaving ATS . Just more hot air like the folks who were supposed to leave the US or renounce their citizenship after Trump victory.

Again, I'll catch up with you tomorrow in whatever thread your in.

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

originally posted by: DBCowboy

That's because everyone who voted for trump is a ####ing idiot, right?

It couldn't be because Hillary was such a ####ed up option.

Maybe we just wanted lower taxes, no Obamacare, and to leave our ####ing guns alone.

I won't call you a dem, but you sure resemble a freedom-hating leftist to me.

Freedom hater. Could not be more far from it. I have always supported freedom for all. Maybe we should do away with electoral votes and let the people speak.

So you support Democracy (Mob rules) and not the Republic? Like I said, our educational system is a failure. Ever think what would happen to a Democracy if the patients took over the asylum?

True Democracy would mean let the people decide. Let me simplify it for you. You and some friends are going to a movie, and you take a vote on which one to see, would you or would you not go with the majority?

Let me guess, you live on one of the coasts in a large metropolitan area surrounded by blue? Try living in the middle of the country, and then see what their viewpoints are. Mob rule only gets you the mob and pitchforks.

I am willing to bet the founders that setup the United States knew just a bit more than you about mob rule and the result of an overbearing government with no representation. Which is why the Electoral College was established.

And the above statement has zero political spin on it at all.

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket

Understanding the Electoral colleges function would, or rather should change your opinion.

Why should the 180 million people on the coasts make the rules for everyone else?

Please jeebus bring civics back to the classroom. People really need civics

There you go, I do understand the electoral college. You assume I don't. I do live on the west coast and I am from Chicago. I understand diversity, much more than the average person. I don't really want someone from the movie Deliverance making the rules. This past election I voted Dem for the first time in years. She won the popular vote by millions, and now we have a moron for a president, who will probably go down as one of the worst POTUS ever.

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Maybe we just wanted lower taxes, no Obamacare, and to leave our ####ing guns alone.

Freedom hater. Could not be more far from it. I have always supported freedom for all. Maybe we should do away with electoral votes and let the people speak.

So you support Democracy (Mob rules) and not the Republic? Like I said, our educational system is a failure. Ever think what would happen to a Democracy if the patients took over the asylum?

True Democracy would mean let the people decide. Let me simplify it for you. You and some friends are going to a movie, and you take a vote on which one to see, would you or would you not go with the majority?

Like I said, our educational system is a failure and you just proved it with a non sequitur.
What if me and my gang of horny men decided to vote on taking advantage of drunk women?

What the hell is a "True Democracy" BTW? lmao

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Trump haters or Tr-hators as i like to think of them, have a single issue that just can't be fixed. They are blinded by their hatred for Trump so badly, that they want and hope for the USA to implode and go in a bad direction. While that is the epitome of stupid, it's the mantra that you all project. The least you could do is own it if you aren't going to realize the position you put yourselves in.

Meanwhile, the country will continue to move forward, things will get better, a little at a time. And when all the tears and tantrums have been thrown by all the Tr-hators, and the investigations into Russia have finished, perhaps we can all find out what kind of a leader Trump will be. Maybe he will be awful, maybe he will be wonderful, we won't know until the stupid stops.

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Hey, those of yall bashing the coasts better recognize! It was us here in Florida that made it possible for Trump to win. We are more coastal than anybody but Hawaii. So don't lump those of us in the Florida coast with the likes of Californians!

If it were by popular vote only, millions of illegals in Cali would be taking away our second amendment from the entire USA, performing gender reassignment surgery at birth, and probably sacrificing goats on government buildings.

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 04:33 PM
link   

I don't really want someone from the movie Deliverance making the rules.

So freedom and rights just for people who think like you.

I see.

How authoritarian.

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 04:35 PM
link   

This is the kind of thing that pisses people off though and I think what the OP is annoyed about.

You disagree with his/her views.... fair enough, state why and then back up your views, you can even state why you think the OP is wrong again back it up.

But that's not what you are doing with these kind of posts, what you are doing is insulting the OP, implying that because his views are different he must be stupid in some way.

I get these same kind of posts directed at myself to, yet I am a fairly well read guy, I do know my stuff, am sure that you know what your talking about to, so does the OP. So when you imply he is stupid it's really quite insulting and disrespectful. Then it gets in the way of having a decent articulate and factual discussion on the topic at hand because you have basically said "your a moron" and pretty soon everyone is arguing,

Just try to be nice, if for nothing else it promotes better debate and discussion.

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 04:36 PM
link   
I am done with scmucks that believe that Democracy has to go their way or they have the right to cheat, insult and slander the winning side instead of helping or at least STFU!

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: manuelram16

That's the thing.

People had 8 years of Bush, 8 years of Obama and used their votes for a change.

Hillary would have just brought 8 more years of Obama.

The voters didn't want that.

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket

Understanding the Electoral colleges function would, or rather should change your opinion.

Why should the 180 million people on the coasts make the rules for everyone else?

Please jeebus bring civics back to the classroom. People really need civics

There you go, I do understand the electoral college. You assume I don't. I do live on the west coast and I am from Chicago. I understand diversity, much more than the average person. I don't really want someone from the movie Deliverance making the rules. This past election I voted Dem for the first time in years. She won the popular vote by millions, and now we have a moron for a president, who will probably go down as one of the worst POTUS ever.

I see SO, anyone in the interior of this great country, or that does not live in a big city is

someone from the movie Deliverance

Why not just use the same terminology as the Democratic candidate and call everyone else a "basket of deplorables"?
At least we now know your position is to insult the intelligence of the American voters that disagree with you.

To use a southern phrase, "Bless your little heart".

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

This is the kind of thing that pisses people off though and I think what the OP is annoyed about.

You disagree with his/her views.... fair enough, state why and then back up your views, you can even state why you think the OP is wrong again back it up.

But that's not what you are doing with these kind of posts, what you are doing is insulting the OP, implying that because his views are different he must be stupid in some way.

I get these same kind of posts directed at myself to, yet I am a fairly well read guy, I do know my stuff, am sure that you know what your talking about to, so does the OP. So when you imply he is stupid it's really quite insulting and disrespectful. Then it gets in the way of having a decent articulate and factual discussion on the topic at hand because you have basically said "your a moron" and pretty soon everyone is arguing,

Just try to be nice, if for nothing else it promotes better debate and discussion.

I am not insulting anyone. I am defending my country. Sorry if that hurts you feelings.

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 04:48 PM
link   
I wonder....

I wonder if anyone who is perhaps a supporter of Trump will admit that at times they might let the heat of a debate get the better of the and they might ignore facts or try to antagonise another member just to get one over on them?

I wonder if anyone them might even go as far to apologise for at times being a bit of a jerk.

I wonder if any of them might even admit that when it comes to Trump they have a bit of a confirmation bias.

....let me say that I am human and I am guilty of all of these things, I am however aware of this and try to keep them in mind when posting.

I just wonder if the other side would admit to the same
edit on 28-7-2017 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 04:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

I am not insulting anyone. I am defending my country. Sorry if that hurts you feelings.

You are not defending you your county you are defending you point of view on a Internet forum nor are you hurting my feelings. We are not fighting WW3 .

What I am trying to explain to you however is that you are not the smartest guy in the room and you and everyone else (including me) should stop treating each other like idiots and show some respect.

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 04:52 PM
link   

That amounts to letting California speak and override what everyone else in the country wants.

I don't know about you, but if I wanted to live like they do in California, I would move there.

They were the ones whose votes put Clinton up in the scam called the popular vote, so maybe they ought to install her as their governor? Just a suggestion.

So please explain to the rest of us again why the people who live in a few counties around LA should decide who gets to be the president for the entire nation again. What makes those people so qualified to pick the president?

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Oh, you are from Chicago, same place as Obama. That explains so much. You do realize your state is bankrupt, right? So what makes you qualified to pick a leader for the rest of us again? You keep voting in scoundrels who've robbed you all blind.

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 04:55 PM
link   
I am defending my country from people like you who can't even defend your own borders while promoting for my country to be as tolerant as you!

Don't tell me what I think!

edit on 28-7-2017 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

What do you expect when the OP calls anyone that supports Trump "nothing but ignorant" ?

The tone has been set.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join