It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am done with the political hate, and double standards.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 05:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

No offense, but there is a lot more ignorance coming from those who don't support Trump, than from those that do.

And I can say that with a lot of confidence.

No that is your opinion not a fact.

In my opinion there is a lot of confirmation bias going on amongst Trump supporter, my opinion how're is not a fact and neither is yours.

Then in much respect to the OP and ZEs agenda. '
?

Why do you try so hard to shut down those who have opinions that are in opposition to yours? How do you know your opinion isn't flawed due to confirmation biase, or perhaps you suffer from cognitive dissonance?

Take a look in the mirror!

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Pardon me but I think you may have misclicked...did you not mean this for the jokes forum?

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 05:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: kurthall

originally posted by: seeker1963

originally posted by: kurthall

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: kurthall

That's because everyone who voted for trump is a ####ing idiot, right?

It couldn't be because Hillary was such a ####ed up option.

Maybe we just wanted lower taxes, no Obamacare, and to leave our ####ing guns alone.

I won't call you a dem, but you sure resemble a freedom-hating leftist to me.

Freedom hater. Could not be more far from it. I have always supported freedom for all. Maybe we should do away with electoral votes and let the people speak.

So you support Democracy (Mob rules) and not the Republic? Like I said, our educational system is a failure. Ever think what would happen to a Democracy if the patients took over the asylum?

True Democracy would mean let the people decide. Let me simplify it for you. You and some friends are going to a movie, and you take a vote on which one to see, would you or would you not go with the majority?

But if three of those friends lived together, they'd count as one vote. That's why electoral college is stupid.

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 05:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

It is what the OP has called us if we voted for Trump. It was also what Hillary called us.

He called you ignorant right...?

Have you ever thought that maybe you are ignorant and he might have a point?

Being ignorant is not a bad thing, just means you might lack knowledge in a certain topic. I for example am very ignorant when it comes to physics.

Lots of times. Why else would I be here? I like to have to rethink my positions on things, but most of the arguments I see are things I've thought about the rethought about many, many times. Very seldom do I run across something that is thoughtfully laid out and not an appeal to emotion.

And, of course, just because something is popular doesn't necessarily make it right, or moral, or anything else. McDonald's is popular, and it will kill you.

Have you ever thought that maybe you are ignorant and we might be right?

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 05:20 PM
link   

I'm not trying to be insulting.. it's the truth. He needs to hear the truth, even if it's going to hurt him, because the truth will always resonate.

His point of view? You're joking right? You want me to view the world in such a narrow and tiny bubble where I get offended anytime an opposing view pokes in?

You are trying to be insulting you said of the OP that he was....

-the most unreasonable person on this site
-unhinged 24/7
-emotional and rude (granted at times all of us can be like this)
-Never adds anything of substance
-Is stupid (ignorant).

All that and more in what was a pretty darn short post.

If you were not trying to be insulting then what were you trying to do, calling someone the most unceaonsalbe person on this site is only going to be insulting.

Now as for the second part of your post, a opposing view is not by itself insulting, what is a bit insulting is to say "nah your just ignorant and wrong and I am right" because basically what that says to the other person is "your a idiot therefore my view is more valuable". If however you say I disagree with you for reason x, y and z then that is fair enough or if you say "you are wrong..." followed up by a logical and factual statement fair enough.

A opposing view should never be insulting so long as it is properly articulated.

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

Why do you try so hard to shut down those who have opinions that are in opposition to yours?

I do not try to shut them down I try to challenge them and debate them, totally different thing.

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 05:22 PM
link   

He does have an addition to the
button which kind of means to shut the eff up and he uses to sign off on a lot of his comments.

It's a bit of an irritating posting mannerism. It's kind of like he's trying to say that whatever he said was so definitive that there could not possibly be any response, or he's telling you a head of time to shut up.

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Have you ever thought that maybe you are ignorant and we might be right?

Quite a bit actually which is why if I write a thread I usually try to load it with sources to demonstrate that I have actually spend a bit of time to research whatever topic it may be.

I would cite one any of my 9/11 threads as a examples of this.

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 05:25 PM
link   
So....you hate the insults and the infighting, and then write the following:

I do not need a Kleenex, I am not butthurt, anymore I just have to laugh at you. You are nothing but ignorant to support this lying SOB.

Alrighty then. It's a rant, you're allowed to show hypocrisy.

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Why do you try so hard to shut down those who have opinions that are in opposition to yours?

I do not try to shut them down I try to challenge them and debate them, totally different thing.

You have been doing nothing more than trying to shut others down by telling them how what they said was rude and uncalled for.

Yet, why is it when you insult someone because they have a different belief than you it is okay in your little world?

Let he who is without sin cast the first stone.

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

He does have an addition to the
button which kind of means to shut the eff up and he uses to sign off on a lot of his comments.

Yup and I will be the first to admit thats very annoying.

I am not saying its right.

What I am saying is that at times, I can understand why frustration might get the better of him, it gets the better of me at times.

Actually next time try this (a suggestion).

Rather than flaming him for him calling you ignorant, ask him why he thinks that, then usual a logical and factual argument explain why you are not ignorant but rathe just have a different point of view.

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 05:27 PM
link   

-the most unreasonable person on this site 
-unhinged 24/7 
-emotional and rude (granted at times all of us can be like this) 
-Never adds anything of substance 
-Is stupid (ignorant). 

All of which are true, just because I can be blunt, doesn't mean I'm trying to be insulting. If I were truly trying to be insulting, I'd be hit with manners violation pretty quick.

Now as for the second part of your post, a opposing view is not by itself insulting, what is a bit insulting is to say "nah your just ignorant and wrong and I am right" because basically what that says to the other person is "your a idiot therefore my view is more valuable". If however you say I disagree with you for reason x, y and z then that is fair enough or if you say "you are wrong..." followed up by a logical and factual statement fair enough. 

A opposing view should never be insulting so long as it is properly articulated.

This is OP to a T, and precisely why he's been received the way he has.

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 05:29 PM
link   

But you are one of the most unreasonable people on this site.. on top of being unhinged 247, you're also very emotional and rude, all you do is whine and hate on Trump supporters. You don't ever say anything of substance, you're only good for a
. And now when you're emotionally breaking down, you want to cry once more while you label us "nothing but ignorant".

Ignorant much

There is nothing wrong with me using the term ignorant, I don't call people stupid, as I do not think trump supporters are stupid, just uninformed, and unreasonable. I post a link, and trump supporters bash me. What do you think I am not going to stick up for myself? The man raped his ex wife, and ripped her hair out during the event. I was later changed to "violated" her because his lawyers said you cant rape your wife. Anyway I was ripped a new one, by a few of you here, even though I posted a link.

Just based on that alone, tells me he does not have the temperament to be POTUS. It made me sick when I read her account of what he did.

This is politics, and it gets dirty period. You say I am unhinged 24/7, only on the political side. If you read my posts on other threads, like about Ghosts or Aliens, I am a really nice guy. I can post all of the terrible things that have been said to me, when I am trying to inform people of things....Allot of what I was talking about months ago, many have turned out to be true.

I am sorry if I ever made anyone think I thought they were stupid, that is not the case.

Also, I have stopped with the
because it bugged people so I LISTENED to their feedback and stopped....When I did post
it was not meant stfu, for me it was STOP, I get why people thought it was aggressive, and no longer do it.....instead if I disagree I now have been doing this

edit on 28-7-2017 by kurthall because: fix

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 05:30 PM
link   

You have been doing nothing more than trying to shut others down by telling them how what they said was rude and uncalled for.

Nope.

What I am trying to say is that we should all try to get along a little better because I think that would result in better and more constructive debate. I am also saying that I think the OP is being unfairly flamed, I am not say that anyone should not exert the freedom to be a total dick for the sake of being a dick.

Yet, why is it when you insult someone because they have a different belief than you it is okay in your little world?

What have I said that has insulted you and why does it insult you so much?

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Nope.

What I am trying to say is that we should all try to get along a little better because I think that would result in better and more constructive debate. I am also saying that I think the OP is being unfairly flamed, I am not say that anyone should not exert the freedom to be a total dick for the sake of being a dick.

What have I said that has insulted you and why does it insult you so much?

Well, I am a warrior, not a leader. So if you are trying to set the example, perhaps you should lead by setting it?

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

All of which are true, just because I can be blunt, doesn't mean I'm trying to be insulting.

it is not true it is your opinion.

In you opinion the OP is the most unreasonable person on ATS who is unhinged 24/7 and has nothing of substance to contribute. That is your opinion it is not a fact like saying the sky is blue is a fact.

When you say things like that they are insulting, your personal opinion of the OP should not have any reflection of the content of the OP if the topic is on something like "Trump is a racist".

As for the T&C violations I don't know if you have noticed but at times right now it seems like the cat is away and the mice are running the show right now.

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 05:35 PM
link   

So what is it I have said that has insulted you and why did it insult you?

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 05:36 PM
link   

So finally you realize your failures.

Your objectivity is usually mired with seeing things backwards.

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 05:38 PM
link   

So what is it I have said that has insulted you and why did it insult you?

Nothin insults me. I grew up when sticks and stones was drilled into the heads of our youth. I am pointing out your hypocrisy quite frankly. I honor those who speak with honesty and show they are honest by how they live and their actions. Words and lies are cheap.

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Well I do appreciate the tone of your reply.

I will say this, it's never too late to make a change, and i do sense the sincerity so I'll give you the benefit of the doubt from now on.

It's pretty simple, treat people the way you want to be treated.

And just to be clear as well, I don't think you're a bad person, just really uniformed and naive, compared to us just being uninformed.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join