It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am done with the political hate, and double standards.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 07:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

What do you mean why? He was the one that said he thought we were just uninformed and i countered with him being really uninformed.

Why don't you ask him the same question?

What I mean is you said you thought he was uniformed.

Why do you think that?

Here's the thing though. You guys present facts, but those facts are often sewn together with opinion.

Shall I illustrate what I mean?

The sky looks blue. Water looks blue. Clouds are in the air. Clouds are made of water.

Those four statements are all fact. I think we can agree on this (what water looks like can vary I know).

So here is your article:

It is pretty much know that water looks blue. However, the reason the sky looks blue is because of the water. See, water makes clouds, and the clouds are in the air. That's how the water gets in the sky and makes it look blue.

That's several facts sewn up with a lot of opinion and conjecture which is really what most politic and public policy writing actually is.

Someone else's version might look like this:

Yes, there is water in the clouds, but it's not why the sky looks blue like the water. That's just a coincidence, and we all know that correlation does not equal causation. There may be other reasons why the sky looks blue. Maybe we ought to see if we discuss those possibilities.

Then someone comes along and either calls someone a racist and/or a science denier.

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 08:40 PM
link   
I just want to add that, everyone makes mistakes.

Like i did, by reading through this thread.

Your all only human, after all.

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 11:24 PM
link   

This man is the worst thing that has ever graced the White House period. He literally is an embarrassment to my country.

right on... this wannabe mafioso has some people convinced he's the tough guy america needs but he's literally the worst. we live in very strange times.

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 04:06 AM
link   
Maybe ats could start steering away from politics. Years ago i used to hop on and read some really awesome threads... Now it seems as though its all gone political. And there are times i find my self drug in due to my love of debate. But i miss the old forum.

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 04:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Somethingsamiss
Maybe ats could start steering away from politics. Years ago i used to hop on and read some really awesome threads... Now it seems as though its all gone political. And there are times i find my self drug in due to my love of debate. But i miss the old forum.

It's changing times.

Used to be that for a few months leading up to a election it became very political then it would back to business as usual. Now though politics has taken over.

There used to actually be a separate part of the site just for politics, there was ATS, BTS then above politics, I think going back to that would be good

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 06:03 AM
link   
hehehe this thread is funny ,thanks everyone for the laughs

don't worry about the poison in your food ,just keep arguing over who is your president.
edit on 29-7-2017 by testsubject271 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 06:06 AM
link   

I guess i didn't mean winning like wining a game or prize, more like thats how they see it. Better way to say it is raging against the dying of the light.

To cretins its a game to shut you down, to them thats 'winning'.

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 04:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: kurthall

originally posted by: Lab4Us
Wait...you’re complaining that politics get brought up in posts where you bash Trump or bring up politics? It’s your rant, so have at it...

My complaint is you give proof, links and such, but just get bashed. It is like talking to a wall. It also seems the alt right, just like to bash. Not discuss.

I think you get bashed because the links are one sided reporting, of which there can be be found the exact opposite reporting to counteract your argument(s). When an OP makes it clear someone only accepts arguments from “their” bubble, what’s the point. I generally will discuss nothing that includes “anonymous” anything. Sometimes, but not often...

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 04:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Somethingsamiss

It's changing times.

Used to be that for a few months leading up to a election it became very political then it would back to business as usual. Now though politics has taken over.

There used to actually be a separate part of the site just for politics, there was ATS, BTS then above politics, I think going back to that would be good

But that’s just it...there are separate sub forums just for politics. People that don't want to engage, shouldn’t. Of the 90+ sub forums, there are many (MANY) that I have no interest in and will never read because I’m not interested. Seems to me others here should be capable of “changing the channel”...

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: kurthall

The American politics threads here have become akin too ....

People were sick to death of the political system taking our money and giving all the influence to lobbyists and the powerful. Trump has to work in that corrupt system and people admire him for his rejection of the normal corrupt ways he has to deal with in the Democrats and his own party. If you can't stand Trump you are already indoctrinated into a system of loving your slavery. Ironic that Obama brought slavery to us all with all he did (Bill Clinton and the Bush's too).
edit on 29-7-2017 by thepixelpusher because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986

What do you mean why? He was the one that said he thought we were just uninformed and i countered with him being really uninformed.

Why don't you ask him the same question?

What I mean is you said you thought he was uniformed.

Why do you think that?

Here's the thing though. You guys present facts, but those facts are often sewn together with opinion.

Then someone comes along and either calls someone a racist and/or a science denier.

Sticks and stones and all that. I find it somewhat disheartening that it appears you think we need safe spaces on ATS. I would never let someone elses language dissuade me from what I want to relay, or what actions I want to take. Based on the T&C I was under the impression all readers here were adults; therefore we should be able to have adult disagreements with no one getting offended, regardless of the phraseology. I pretty much just ignore the folk I have determined are nothing more than trolls trying to raise hackles...

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Trump does lie about a lot of things but the truth is it is a weakness. Sooner or later truth prevails and those on the wrong side of it lose power.
edit on 29pmSat, 29 Jul 2017 22:43:20 -0500kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 04:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: darkbake
Trump does lie about a lot of things but the truth is it is a weakness. Sooner or later truth prevails and those on the wrong side of it lose power.

i think you nailed it,because that's why the clintons lost, is it not.
edit on 30-7-2017 by testsubject271 because: ,

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 05:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

That's because everyone who voted for trump is a ####ing idiot, right?

It couldn't be because Hillary was such a ####ed up option.

Maybe we just wanted lower taxes, no Obamacare, and to leave our ####ing guns alone.

I won't call you a dem, but you sure resemble a freedom-hating leftist to me.

I mostly just observe this conflict silently, trying to understand.

I do not understand this explanation which is often brought up in response.

Right now- the things he does are right and good and honest and intelligent and trustworthy because

-Hillary was running at the same time as he and she was a worse choice.

That explains why one voted for him once.

It has absolutely zero to do with why one would judge him and his actions NOW so positively.

Or do you mean something like - "I voted for him once so now I am obligated to back and praise all he does no matter what."
?

I am not trying to be funny or sarcastic here, I truly would like to understand why Hillary's name even comes up in regards to current actions by Trump.

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 07:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: kurthall

originally posted by: DBCowboy

That's because everyone who voted for trump is a ####ing idiot, right?

It couldn't be because Hillary was such a ####ed up option.

Maybe we just wanted lower taxes, no Obamacare, and to leave our ####ing guns alone.

I won't call you a dem, but you sure resemble a freedom-hating leftist to me.

Freedom hater. Could not be more far from it. I have always supported freedom for all. Maybe we should do away with electoral votes and let the people speak.

Never.

We are the United STATES of America.

Not the United PEOPLE of America.

There is a huge difference. Our Republic is founded on State's rights, and that's why we will always have the Electoral College.

Sorry to bust your bubble, but NY and Cali do not get to dictate to the rest of the Country how to live.

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 08:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluesma

I don't have an issue with anything Trump has done.

My taxes are still too high, Obamacare still exists, but he has gotten us out of TPP, Paris Accords, and is promoting American jobs.

So he hasn't "done enough" in my opinion. But he has to fight against a corrupt congress, a duplicitous media, and an undercurrent of hatred from every leftist on the planet.

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Complains about political bias in threads

Posts inflammatory, politically biased thread

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

originally posted by: BlueJacket
a reply to: underwerks

Lol a rant against political hatred and what did you respond with?

Objective fact.

More like objective BS, as you always do.

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: GlassToTheArson
Complains about political bias in threads

Posts inflammatory, politically biased thread

Exactly!

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Another day, another thread complaining about political threads on ats.

Oh, and this one then goes on to make the very same type of comments they are complaining about!

Good stuff!

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join