It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Operation Downpour - FULL SCALE EXERCISE 8/03/2017

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 02:18 PM
link   

"Volunteers are sought for the Operation Downpour Full Scale Exercise, to be conducted at the University of Rhode Island Ryan Center on August 3, 2017. This exercise is part of a research project designed to help improve emergency response decontamination practices. It will also provide a test of the Ryan Center evacuation plan.

The exercise will examine different emergency response procedures for decontaminating/cleaning large numbers of people who have potentially been exposed to toxic materials."

And they'll even throw in $10...!? cheers:

Operation Downpour

Starting a New Thread?...Look Here First

AboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count.
Please do not create minimal posts to start your new thread.
If you feel inclined to make the board aware of news, current events,
or important information from other sites
please post one or two paragraphs,
a link to the entire story,
AND your opinion, twist or take on the news item,
as a means to inspire discussion or collaborative research on your subject.

edit on Tue Jul 25 2017 by DontTreadOnMe because: EX tags added....IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: AnonSapien

So, do I read it right, that they are preparing for a terrorist strike with a dirty bomb or with neurotoxins?
edit on 25-7-2017 by deckdel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Does it include stripping down as a group and getting hosed down with an iodine laced decontaminate? Cause I'll want $15 if that's the case.

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: deckdel

Disaster testing is very important.

If the real thing happens. It's good to know they practiced what works and what doesn't work.

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 03:25 PM
link   

JADE HELM 3.0 EVERYONE!

Get to a Wal Mart as quickly as you can, maybe even the night before on August 2nd, just to be safe

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: grey580
a reply to: deckdel

Disaster testing is very important.

If the real thing happens. It's good to know they practiced what works and what doesn't work.

And we all know what happens when they start conducting drills and preparing for disaster / terrorist strikes.....

MR

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 03:44 PM
link   
I would not volunteer, nor go any where near that place and after what has happened on 911 - 7/7 ect and any one who does. Should think again to many of these things go wrong.
edit on 25-7-2017 by illuminnaughty because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 04:15 PM
link   
ohhhh $10?!?!

big baller players right there !

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 04:39 PM
link   

You cannot participate if you:

1.Are under 18 years old.

2.Are pregnant or think that you may be pregnant.

3.If you take aspirin daily, have an intolerance or allergy to aspirin, or if you take daily medication which conflicts with aspirin.

4.Are allergic to curcumin or turmeric, or baby oil.

5.Have gastrointestinal ulcers.

6.Have a history of asthma or chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD).

7.Are taking any anticoagulants, for example, warfarin.

8.Have broken or irritated skin, if you have any dermatological conditions and/ or if you are taking daily treatment for any skin conditions.

9.Have been diagnosed with hypertension/high blood pressure.

10.Are currently taking hypertension (high blood pressure) medication.

11.Have been diagnosed with or have a family history of ischaemic heart disease.

12.If you are prone to fainting.

13.Have a history of psychiatric illness or if you have a current diagnosis of anxiety or depression.

14.Suffer from photosensitivity.

Source.

Wth are they going to spray you with?! A turmeric tracer (4) and follow you with lasers (14)? Obviously it gets your blood going (7, 9 ,10, 11) and will be administered via aerosol (6 and 8) Then you get to take a shower! Outside! Four hours?!

No thanks. I think there is some grass growing somewhere that needs supervision on that date!

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

Sounds like they're actually gonna douse them with chemicals. W in T actual F is wrong with these people...that's gotta be ten dollars an hour rather than just a stipend. Wow.

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

Good thing I'm not qualified. I have at least 7 things on that list. Guess that counts me out to be a Guinea pig. I guess it was a good thing I had that Brain Aneurysm.

edit on 25-7-2017 by Diabolical1972 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 05:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: illuminnaughty
I would not volunteer, nor go any where near that place and after what has happened on 911 - 7/7 ect and any one who does. Should think again to many of these things go wrong.

I agree wholeheartedly. I wouldn't want to be anywhere within 500 miles on that date.
I would hate to die because of a coincidence.

VF

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: illuminnaughty

Everyone should volunteer. You can do something....and we could use the help. Don't just expect us to come save you. CONTRIBUTE. Even if its just answering phones or a an information desk in a disaster.

Contact your local Fire Dept, Police and Emergency Management, Red Cross etc... wherever you live. Theres something you all can do...and not just expect us to all save your butts! Thanks.........

MS, 1st Responder
EMT/Emergency Response Team
Advanced Disaster LIfe Support
FEMA/Dept. of Homeland Security
Region 2 South, Wayne County, MI

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 06:46 PM
link   
a reply to: tigertatzen

Which leads back to the "we were just doing a drill when..."

I would not want an unknown spray that can coat my skin's ability to breath to spread on me. Even for a good cause!

a reply to: Diabolical1972

Drainbamage saves the day!

There is an old tale of a man in a village. He's got a farm, a wife, they have a son, etc. Everybody stops by and says, "Your life is good!" He always responds, "Good... bad... who can say?" A series of alternating bad and good things happen to him during his life. Everybody stops by: "You got a new horse! That is good!"; He answers; "Your son broke his leg from riding the horse, how bad!"; He answers; "The army conscripted all able bodied men. Good thing your son had a broken leg!"; same answer. That goes on a couple more times but you get the idea.

We don't get to see everything, all at once. We do not get to choose only the good. Even if you could, that is not really living life.

I'm glad I'm over way past the left coast! That's good! But who can really say?

eta - Glad you recovered enough to be here!
edit on 25-7-2017 by TEOTWAWKIAIFF because: no emoticon so added a sentence

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 07:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: bluesjr

Does it include stripping down as a group and getting hosed down with an iodine laced decontaminate? Cause I'll want $15 if that's the case.

Usually they charge you extra for that .

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 07:20 PM
link   
The Naval Undersea Warfare Center Division Newport shared this "exercise" on their Facebook yesterday. It was originally posted by the Rhode Island Emergency Management Agency. Thought that was weird. Then again, the entire thing is not normal human behavior.

To simulate chemicals in this study, each volunteer will be sprayed three times with a harmless mix of baby oil, oil of wintergreen, and a ginger extract. Following the decontamination processes, special cameras will be used to measure how much of the sprayed material is left on the skin.

Volunteers will be split into different groups, each of which will take part in one or more types of decontamination or no treatment at all (control groups). The three types of decontamination we will be testing are called “dry”, “gross” (or “simple”) and “technical”. Dry decontamination involves blotting skin and hair with an absorbent gauze pad. Gross (or simple) decontamination involves passing between two fire trucks that will be spraying a high volume, fine mist of cold water. Technical decontamination is essentially showering with warm water within a tent.

Something seems not quite right about the purposes of this "study" IMO. Does one really need to do this in order to know how to decontaminate toxins off the skin?

This part stands out:

Following the decontamination processes, special cameras will be used to measure how much of the sprayed material is left on the skin.

Sounds like a cleverly constructed modern day MKultraish experiment.

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Ah...

NEWPORT, RI -- Capt. Michael R. Coughlin, commanding officer of the Naval Undersea Warfare Center (NUWC) Division Newport, and Dr. David M. Dooley, president of the University of Rhode Island (URI), signed an education partnership agreement (EPA) for undersea research during a brief ceremony on Tuesday, June 27.

NUWC Division Newport signs EPA with the University of Rhode Island

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Let me see. I've heard of countries doing that in the past. Showering, delousing (decontaminating people having lice.)
Well, it'll come to me sooner or later.

VF

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 07:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: M4ngo

Something seems not quite right about the purposes of this "study" IMO. Does one really need to do this in order to know how to decontaminate toxins off the skin?

This part stands out:
Following the decontamination processes, special cameras will be used to measure how much of the sprayed material is left on the skin.

Sounds like a cleverly constructed modern day MKultraish experiment.

I feel sorry for the student volunteers that will probably be falling for this, and you know the colleges will say, if you do this seminar, you will get extra credit for participating. Yuh, yeah, no thanks.
edit on 25-7-2017 by Diabolical1972 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 07:53 PM
link   
a reply to: M4ngo

Key phrase

special cameras

They are testing some tech that's been in R&D for a while now and is ready for trials.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join