It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senate Holds Obamacare Healthcare Repeal Vote: Live

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: AboveBoard

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: burntheships

I wonder why the dems never wanted to "work" with the republicans before.

Before, Obamacare was perfect and there was nothing that ever needed to be done.

But now?

pfft.

Dems can go suck it.

Revisionist History....

There were tons of Amendments put in by Republicans, and there were hearings and debates, and yes, Republican ideas are all over the ACA!!! They DID work with them. And yes, there was a partisan vote after which, in true GOP style, they stabbed the Dems in the back and started the whole negative op against the law that they helped create.

Fun times. It sure riled up the base, though, and that's all that matters! Got the hard right to put on three-quarter caps and tea bags.

Guess which base is riled up now?

The left is now riled up? What are they going to do, throw latte's and pink vagina hats at us?

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Mc Cain might have voted to debate, but he just said that he won't vote for it's passage...
he's calling for cooperation between the parties it sounds like.

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Tempter

Take control of the Legislative Branch and do to Trump what the GOP did to Obama.

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
Mc Cain might have voted to debate, but he just said that he won't vote for it's passage...

Would'nt really be a surprise.

He doesn't need to worry about re election.

edit on 25-7-2017 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 02:21 PM
link   

The Senate is only scheduled to work 43 more days this year. Compromise will take until well into 2018. Kiss tax-reform goodbye.

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 02:30 PM
link   
wonder if it was planned for trump to come on while they were outlining the amendments to the bill??
guess, I'll have find another way to find out, wasn't getting much from the senate anyways..

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 02:39 PM
link   
I can't help but chuckle at the irony of McCain coming immediately from the hospital (taxpayer funded healthcare) to vote to repeal taxpayer aided healthcare.

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wayfarer
I can't help but chuckle at the irony of McCain coming immediately from the hospital (taxpayer funded healthcare) to vote to repeal taxpayer aided healthcare.

During the early stages of brain cancer, you're not in the hospital. He was at home. And goes to the hospital for chemotherapy.

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: burntheships
LIVE
Senate Holds Health-Care Vote -- Live Coverage

The U.S. Senate holds a preliminary vote on a measure that
would overturn the 2010 Affordable Care Act

2m HIGHLIGHTS Corker Predicts Vote to Proceed Will Pass -- With Pence's Tie-Breaker Sen. Bob Corker (R., Tenn.) just predicted that the vote on the motion to proceed would succeed. But it will require the Vice President to cast a tie-breaking vote. "It's going to take Pence," he said. Siobhan Hughes

www.wsj.com...

Looks like they are going to Repeal much of the failed Obamacare!

Whoooooo!

Capito to Vote 'Yes' on Motion to Proceed West Virginia Sen. Shelley Moore Capito has joined the list of Senators coming off the fence in favor of this afternoon’s vote to open debate on Republicans’ health-care legislation. She joins Dean Heller of Nevada, Rob Portman of Ohio, and Rand Paul of Kentucky, who said he would vote for the motion in order to proceed to a full repeal of the Affordable Care Act. A few fence-sitters have yet to announce their positions: Lisa Murkowski of Alaska, a centrist Mike Lee of Utah and Ron Johnson of Wisconsin, conservatives who back a fuller repeal of the 2010 health law. We’ll be watching these three figures as the Senate begins voting. If two or more oppose the motion to proceed, that will close the door on debate.

Chuck Schumer :

"Turn back. We can go through regular order. We want to work with you. We know the ACA isn't perfect. But we also know what you proposed is much worse."

Oh just lol. What a pile of Horse Manure!

"We want to work with you" hahahaha.

Repeal it!

And the replacement leaves many of the poor without healthcare. The people voting to continue discussion to dismantle the ACA have free and full health insurance. The * irony.

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 02:48 PM
link   

**NEW**

GOP - Republican Healthcare SOLLUTION!

Titled...

"Hopes and Prayers"

-Coming soon

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

During the early stages of brain cancer, you're not in the hospital. He was at home. And goes to the hospital for chemotherapy.

And all of his medical bills will be 100% paid. Yet he votes yes to take healthcare from the poor.

I liked his speech, but, really, screw 'em.

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 02:52 PM
link   
I've heard people call McCain a traitor. Now I believe it!

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 02:53 PM
link   

He won't be hitting up the ER for his CHEMO, that's for damn sure...

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vorian

And all of his medical bills will be 100% paid. Yet he votes yes to take healthcare from the poor.

I liked his speech, but, really, screw 'em.

Under the current Obamacare repeal replace plans being discussed, People who earn less than $11,000 a year will not be touched. They will stay on Medicaid indefinitely. People who earn between $11,000 and $16,000 a year will be able to stay on Medicaid until 2020.

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

and if one doesn't live in a state that expanded medicaid??

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 03:14 PM
link   

People who earn between $11,000 and $16,000 a year will be able to stay on Medicaid until 2020.

Honestly, the sooner we can get these ridiculous freeloaders off the system, the better it will be for everybody, amirite!? Anyone making that much cool cash better damn well be practicing bootstrap deadlifts in my America! MAGA!

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 03:14 PM
link   

That FACT always somehow manages to get LEFT OUT...

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 03:23 PM
link   

The people in 18 states, like Texas, that have not expanded medicaid would not notice a difference regardless of what bill passes or does not pass.

The United States government should you simply allow everybody who wants to have Medicare or Medicaid to have it. Everyone else can buy a free-market private insurance plan. It is so simple I don't know why they don't think of it.

Medicare would be between 300 and $600 a month per person. Medicaid would be free for those that cannot afford Medicare. It's a no-brainer.
edit on 7/25/2017 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Medicare will be on the chopping block soon enough. Then the tide will turn. Old people vote single issues...believe me.
edit on 25-7-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Probably...

Because they DID and it wouldn't work.

They have likely run numbers WE don't have in front of us.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join