It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senate Holds Obamacare Healthcare Repeal Vote: Live

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: allsee4eye

So people with preexisting conditions should have to choose between dying or going hundreds of thousands to millions of dollars in debt just so you can pocket a few hundred dollars extra a year?

And let's be fair you probably won't even be able to keep that money. All those new people without insurance will have to resort to going to the ER when they're sick and since they can't pay either the hospital will eat the cost leading to higher bills or the government will eat the cost leading to higher taxes.

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Just about everyone can claim a pre condition. Skin too light. Too much UV. Skin too dark. Too little vitamin D. I firmly oppose pre conditions in insurances.
edit on 27-7-2017 by allsee4eye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: allsee4eye

Has nothing to do with preconditions. The individual mandate forces people to buy insurance or else pay a fine. That is draconian. Not everyone wants to buy health insurance.

This is also why we should ignore the claims about how many people will lose insurance. Any plan that removes the individual mandate will lead to millions of people "losing" their insurance, simply because they are no longer required to buy it.

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 12:59 PM
link   

People aren't claiming preconditions. Insurance companies are claiming people have preconditions. Insurance companies hate preexisting conditions because that is pretty much guaranteed money they have to pay out.

Hell, prior to the ACA a preexisting condition didn't even need to be preexisting. All paid up oon your premium but you're diagnosed with cancer? Too bad you're kicked off your policy. Good luck finding another company that will actually cover you. Of course even if they do your premium won't be much better than what you're actually paying for treatment.

What the Preexisting Condition Clause does is pretty much what you said you wanted. Gets rid of preexisting conditions in insurance. Of course now the insurance companies are required to cover people that they will have to pay out for so now they need a way to recoup those losses. Thus the Individual Mandate.

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

What exactly do you think will happen when millions drop their insurance, willingly or not? Do you think the insurance companies are just going to accept the loss in profits? No. They're going to jack up the premiums for everyone that still has insurance. Especially if the Preexisting Condition Clause remains.

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Mandates is medieval. It has no place in a modern society of freedom. Mandates have to go. I agree.

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 01:15 PM
link   

I feel like we're going around in circles here. I think we can agree that the Preexisting Condition Clause is a good thing. So how do you propose that the Preexisting Condition Clause gets funded without the Individual Mandate?

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 01:22 PM
link   

I would say repeal every mandate and go free market. No privilege for anyone who has pre condition. Equality for all.

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 01:37 PM
link   
This is going to go the way I predict, after going to "conference" in the House..

Medicare/Medicaid/Private for under 65, depending on health and income.

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 01:42 PM
link   
The mooch compared repealing Obamacare mandates to abolition of slavery.

link

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Haha, this guys great!

'Equality for All!'

I love it. If you're unhealthy and you're not wealthy, you're not meant to live.

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 01:48 PM
link   

What privilege are they getting? The privilege to not only get healthcare but to pay a reasonable price for it?

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Wayfarer

God isn't kind to the weak. Look at the animal world. There are no weak in the animal world. God killed all of them.

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 02:08 PM
link   
CBO says 15 million Americans would drop their insurance if they are not forced to buy it with a mandate.

www.rt.com...

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 07:17 PM
link   
It's now a little after 8 pm, I've been watching this healthcare debate a good part of the day.
They are debating a "skinny bill" that no one it seems knows what it is.
and, it seems that there are rumors that there won't be contrary to what some of the members have been promised, that there will be a chance to fix the crappy bill in conference, it's not gonna happen, the house plans on just passing it and the president is just gonna sign it..
and, it's a danged bill that no one has seen yet!!!

this crap is insane!!

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Senate Republicans unveiled the skinny repeal called the Health Care Freedom Act.

www.nbcnews.com...

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 10:51 PM
link   

I've been watching it... first the dems spent time after the bill came out griping because the whole process that has been followed, now there's a republican who seems to know what's in the bill, but is just spending time reading from a book, and refusing to yield time to the dems so they could ask questions about the bill...

we should impeach the whole congress and have an emergency election!

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 10:54 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

That bill is only 8 pages compared to thousands of pages of Obamacare. That's why it's called the skinny Obamacare.

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 10:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: allsee4eye

Just about everyone can claim a pre condition. Skin too light. Too much UV. Skin too dark. Too little vitamin D. I firmly oppose pre conditions in insurances.

Then we have to get rid of the insurance model as it's a model which provides service based on risk.

I'm for an actual free market, however, which we haven't had since the early 60's I believe.
edit on 27-7-2017 by Throes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 10:59 PM
link   

ya, but if it's what they read in the senate, it keeps referring to those 1000s of pages of obamacare by sections, striking words and phrases and replacing them... so I imagine that you'd have to be referencing the original obamacare to figure out what they are talking about...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join