It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senate Holds Obamacare Healthcare Repeal Vote: Live

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 01:30 PM
link   
LIVE
Senate Holds Health-Care Vote -- Live Coverage

The U.S. Senate holds a preliminary vote on a measure that
would overturn the 2010 Affordable Care Act

2m HIGHLIGHTS Corker Predicts Vote to Proceed Will Pass -- With Pence's Tie-Breaker Sen. Bob Corker (R., Tenn.) just predicted that the vote on the motion to proceed would succeed. But it will require the Vice President to cast a tie-breaking vote. "It's going to take Pence," he said. Siobhan Hughes

www.wsj.com...

Looks like they are going to Repeal much of the failed Obamacare!

Whoooooo!

Capito to Vote 'Yes' on Motion to Proceed West Virginia Sen. Shelley Moore Capito has joined the list of Senators coming off the fence in favor of this afternoon’s vote to open debate on Republicans’ health-care legislation. She joins Dean Heller of Nevada, Rob Portman of Ohio, and Rand Paul of Kentucky, who said he would vote for the motion in order to proceed to a full repeal of the Affordable Care Act. A few fence-sitters have yet to announce their positions: Lisa Murkowski of Alaska, a centrist Mike Lee of Utah and Ron Johnson of Wisconsin, conservatives who back a fuller repeal of the 2010 health law. We’ll be watching these three figures as the Senate begins voting. If two or more oppose the motion to proceed, that will close the door on debate.

Chuck Schumer :

"Turn back. We can go through regular order. We want to work with you. We know the ACA isn't perfect. But we also know what you proposed is much worse."

Oh just lol. What a pile of Horse Manure!

"We want to work with you" hahahaha.

Repeal it!

edit on 25-7-2017 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: burntheships

2m HIGHLIGHTS Corker Predicts Vote to Proceed Will Pass -- With Pence's Tie-Breaker Sen. Bob Corker (R., Tenn.) just predicted that the vote on the motion to proceed would succeed. But it will require the Vice President to cast a tie-breaking vote. "It's going to take Pence," he said. Siobhan Hughes

www.wsj.com...

Looks like they are going to Repeal much of the failed Obamacare!

Whoooooo!

1m HIGHLIGHTS Capito to Vote 'Yes' on Motion to Proceed West Virginia Sen. Shelley Moore Capito has joined the list of Senators coming off the fence in favor of this afternoon’s vote to open debate on Republicans’ health-care legislation. She joins Dean Heller of Nevada, Rob Portman of Ohio, and Rand Paul of Kentucky, who said he would vote for the motion in order to proceed to a full repeal of the Affordable Care Act. A few fence-sitters have yet to announce their positions: Lisa Murkowski of Alaska, a centrist Mike Lee of Utah and Ron Johnson of Wisconsin, conservatives who back a fuller repeal of the 2010 health law. We’ll be watching these three figures as the Senate begins voting. If two or more oppose the motion to proceed, that will close the door on debate. Michelle Hackman

Here's to hoping!

Wouldn't it be nice if the people we pay to do what's best for us actually got along and did what's best for us?

Hopefully they get this done and begin actually working again!

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

They have Rand Paul onboard for a partial repeal!

We just may see the end today!

Nearly All Senators are seated.....

47 votes YES!!!
edit on 25-7-2017 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: burntheships

The end of Obamacare.
Proponents of the motion claim we cannot evolve Obamacare without a complete repeal?
Our health care laws desperately need evolution, but has it come down to leaving the Democrats out of the decision?

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Cauliflower

The Dems will all vote no.

6m HIGHLIGHTS Ron Johnson Still Yet to Vote With Sens. Collins and Murkowski voting no, the person who could scuttle this is Sen. Ron Johnson, who still has yet to vote.We're at 48, and he and Sen. John McCain are the only votes left on the GOP side. Mr. Johnson just appeared in the Senate chamber and is talking to Mr. McConnell.

www.wsj.com...

Looks like McCain is holding this up?

And Ron Johnson....

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 02:01 PM
link   

I wonder why the dems never wanted to "work" with the republicans before.

Before, Obamacare was perfect and there was nothing that ever needed to be done.

But now?

pfft.

Dems can go suck it.

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 02:02 PM
link   

John McCain was scheduled to give a speech after the vote so that may be the delay.

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 02:04 PM
link   

John McCain has arrived to a standing ovation and voted YES.

VP Pence will be the final Yes vote.

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 02:05 PM
link   
I'm too angry to say what I really want to say. This is completely insane.

So far all they've had is BAD ideas that suck money up to the top 1% and make it harder for everyone else.

I wouldn't trust the GOP with my child's life under any circumstances (pro-life my a@@). They are simply not worthy.

I just hope they don't kill him. If they go forward with their bad and harmful ideas, I will do everything in my power to legitimately remove every single one of significance in my state. I will vote against them, raise money against them, actively campaign against them and for their worthy opponents and I have frankly never done anything like that before in my life.

If there is anything like a free and fair election anymore (doubtful), they will find themselves out of a job. They have no freaking idea what kind of backlash they are playing with -- no idea at all.

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 02:05 PM
link   
They have 50 yes votes!

This is in play!

FINALLY!!!

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Before, Obamacare was perfect and there was nothing that ever needed to be done.

The Affordable Care Act become the Unaffordable healthcare fiasco.
Miserable failed experiemnt, cost a lot of lives and many people
are sinking with it.
Swamp Dems must like that!

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: EchoesInTime

Great, this is happening.

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 02:11 PM
link   

More like divide and conquer by never getting anything done except to pay for politicians salaries.
Will all the democrats really vote no even though they lost the vote to Pence?

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 02:12 PM
link   
The motion has passed!

Vice President Mike Pence just broke the 50-50 tie. The motion to proceed passes and the Senate will now begin debate on a bill to repeal and replace the Affordable Care Act. With the motion passed, Senators will now proceed to 20 hours of debate on several proposals repealing parts of the 2010 Affordable Care Act, including their replacement package and a separate bill repealing the law with a two-year delay. They are expected to debate numerous amendments – not counted toward the 20 hours – including proposals put forward by Democrats to force Republicans to take uncomfortable votes.

www.wsj.com...

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 02:13 PM
link   

I remember about 9 years ago when Ted Kennedy was diagnosed with brain cancer. Arrived to the senate floor to a thundering Ovation also.
edit on 7/25/2017 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 02:13 PM
link   
so, does anyone know what they are voting on exactly, do they know???
heard one senator, and independent, saying he had no idea that they were voting on today.

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

But now?

pfft.

Dems can go suck it.

Revisionist History....

There were tons of Amendments put in by Republicans, and there were hearings and debates, and yes, Republican ideas are all over the ACA!!! They DID work with them. And yes, there was a partisan vote after which, in true GOP style, they stabbed the Dems in the back and started the whole negative op against the law that they helped create.

Fun times. It sure riled up the base, though, and that's all that matters! Got the hard right to put on three-quarter caps and tea bags.

Guess which base is riled up now?

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Wow, McCain finally did something good. He really must be dying.

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Go on. Do your little happy dance while you can.

News Flash: The GOP's ideas are going to suck for YOU too...unless you are the upper 1% of course.

Enjoy.

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
so, does anyone know what they are voting on exactly, do they know???
heard one senator, and independent, saying he had no idea that they were voting on today.

The vote for whatever bill they decide upon will come next week.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join