It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump to end CIA's arming of Syrian rebels

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 11:51 PM
link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

I wonder if Mika's dad is still involved in those operations.

Story Behind the Picture Above ^
Brzezinski, known for his hardline policies on the Soviet Union, initiated in 1979 a campaign supporting mujaheddin in Pakistan and Afghanistan, which was run by Pakistani security services with financial support from the Central Intelligence Agency and Britain's MI6.[38] This policy had the explicit aim of promoting anti-Communist forces. At the behest of Pakistani officials, the CIA began providing some $500,000 worth of non-lethal assistance to the mujahideen on July 3, 1979—several months prior to the Soviet invasion. The modest scope of this early collaboration was likely influenced by the understanding, later recounted by CIA official Robert Gates, "that a substantial U.S. covert aid program" might have "raise[d] the stakes" thereby causing "the Soviets to intervene more directly and vigorously than otherwise intended."[39][40] The first shipment of U.S.weapons intended for the mujahideen reached Pakistan on January 10, 1980, shortly following the Soviet invasion.[41]

Years later, in a 1997 CNN/National Security Archive interview, Brzezinski detailed the strategy taken by the Carter administration against the Soviets in 1979:

In technicality, it has and always been the same groups they've been funding since the 70's. They just simply had different banners/ logos.

I post this here for those who have any doubts of U.S arming outside forces. If what the OP say is true, then this was a very very good move from Trump.

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Good job. Now we can avoid another power vacuum, stop sending arms to terrorist organizations and halt the migrant crisis dividing Europe.

Incoming idiots complaining.

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 01:00 AM
link   
a reply to: elementalgrove

Heard the same about Gaddafi from a Ghanian.

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 02:58 AM
link   
Good....well done trump.

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 03:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan

I assume we'll still be involved with the Kurds, altho in all likelyhood we'll leave them to twist in the wind as soon as we decide to patch things up with Turkey.

And in order to show their content about the US/Kurdish cooperation, the turks decided to publish the location of the US bases in Syria :

Pentagon Furious After Turkey Leaks U.S. Base Locations In Syria

Original Turkish article

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 04:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aytakan

Good job. Now we can avoid another power vacuum, stop sending arms to terrorist organizations and halt the migrant crisis dividing Europe.

Incoming idiots complaining.

their refugees fleeing a war zone not economic migrants changing google offices.

now assad has been given the green light by trump to kill and torture anyone who disagrees with him there will be another wave of refugees, circle of life and all that.

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 04:40 AM
link   
a reply to: growler

This move is actually a 180° change - if it gets really applied - against the stance of the previous administration.
Do you remeber that particular Clinton email ? :

And the 'Assad is a butcher' narrative is something that is the product a certain press, local witneses don't share that view :

An Eyewitness to the Syrian Rebellion: Father Frans in His Own Words

An examination of texts published by Father Frans van der Lugt in 2011 and 2012 shows that the late Dutch Jesuit priest had a dim view of the Syrian rebellion, which he held to be the work of a violent minority, and favored a process of political reform in Syria to be implemented by the current government under President Bashar Al-Assad.

Father Frans was murdered under still unclarified circumstances in the embattled Syrian city of Homs earlier this month.(April 2014)

From the start, the protest movements were not purely peaceful. From the start I saw armed demonstrators marching along in the protests, who began to shoot at the police first. Very often the violence of the security forces has been a reaction to the brutal violence of the armed rebels.

Moreover, from the start there has been the problem of the armed groups, which are also part of the opposition….The opposition of the street is much stronger than any other opposition. And this opposition is armed and frequently employs brutality and violence, only in order then to blame the government. Many representatives of the government (regeringsmensen – Father Frans might also be referring to supporters of the government) have been tortured and shot dead by them.

In the first place, it has to be said that it is very difficult to provide a nuanced and objective account of what is happening. Many journalists fall into describing matters in black and white. For them, good and evil are not interwoven, but are clearly separated. They demonize the one side and glorify the other. Thus, for example, it is not true that our (the Syrian) government has only bad sides and the opposition only good ones. But because the US, Europe and certain Arab countries support the opposition, they endeavor, whether consciously or unconsciously, to idealize it as much as possible, without engaging in any careful analysis of the real situation. Certain interests are obscuring our view of the real situation and contaminating the description of it.

Interview with Flemish priest in Syria: "Putin and Assad saved my life"

"The idea that a popular uprising took place against President Assad is completely false. I've been in Qara since 2010 and I have seen with my own eyes how agitators from outside Syria organized protests against the government and recruited young people. That was filmed and aired by Al Jazeera to give the impression that a rebellion was taking place. Murders were committed by foreign terrorists, against the Sunni and Christian communities, in an effort to sow religious and ethnic discord among the Syrian people. While in my experience, the Syrian people were actually very united.

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 04:54 AM
link   
a reply to: theultimatebelgianjoke

i'm pretty agnostic on assad, he was doing something right, it took massive western support and propaganda to kickstart any kind of uprising against him but, we have been told for what feels like forever he needs removing from office just because.

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 05:46 AM
link   
About time!

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 03:05 PM
link   
He may be taking them away from the Syrians but the million dollar question is who is he gonna give them to?

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Arming rebels rarely has turned into something that works over the long term. Think back to Iran-Contra... ugh.

While I would like to see the Assad regime fall, it's hard to see how rebel factions could form a government.

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 03:24 PM
link   
WADD-YA KNOW...

I keep rotating my pet Issues in the 'Signature Space' provided free by ATS...

back in June, probably running for a week, I posted this caption for members to read--->>

]H.R.608 – Stop Arming Terrorists Act:

prohibits the use of federal agency funds to provide covered assistance to: (1) Al Qaeda Jabhat Fateh al-Sham the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIL) or any individual or group that is affiliated with associated with cooperating with or adherents to such groups;

(so far Only 13 members have signed on for this Bill)

I'm glad that POTUS #45 is bucking the CIA- the Pentagon- the NeoCons- the Deep State which the DNC is busy getting chummy with lately..... on shaking-off-the-Insanity, left over from the Bush Neocons & continued feverishly by the Obama-era-colluders with the Jihadists worldwide

edit on th31150058247120272017 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: growler
a reply to: theultimatebelgianjoke

i'm pretty agnostic on assad, he was doing something right, it took massive western support and propaganda to kickstart any kind of uprising against him but, we have been told for what feels like forever he needs removing from office just because.

The "just because" is he orders the use of chemical weapons on his own people.

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: icanteven

the rest of the fake news story is: ..... He gets the chemical weapons from North Korea....

also lets completely disregard the VIDEOs that show the victims of the chemical attacks being treated by Emergency Room Technicians.... None of which were wearing any protective gloves or masks or anything protecting themselves from the chemical nerve agent that was 'supposedly used' by Assad forces & not the ISIS hostage takers located in the towns & nearby areas....

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: St Udio

the rest of the fake news story is: ..... He gets the chemical weapons from North Korea....

also lets completely disregard the VIDEOs that show the victims of the chemical attacks being treated by Emergency Room Technicians.... None of which were wearing any protective gloves or masks or anything protecting themselves from the chemical nerve agent that was 'supposedly used' by Assad forces & not the ISIS hostage takers located in the towns & nearby areas....

Knock yourself out defending the POS Assad. I will be glad to see him go. There are hundreds (maybe thousands) of people who have covered the story worldwide, and a only handful of people who don't believe it happened.
edit on 20-7-2017 by icanteven because: added only

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 04:08 PM
link   
The problem with the people who want to get rid of Assad is that it would take the death of millions and likely some kind of ugly genocide…

They told us the dastard lie that conquering Iraq would be easy, now after millions dead and still counting, why would anybody in their right f____ing mind want to do that again!

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Except there's much more evidence and indicators that the ,"coup attempt" was a false flag perpetrated on the oeders of Erdo specifically enacted to help him consolidate power and "justify" nastiness he's been engaging in since before the so-called coup attempt anyway!

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 04:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: icanteven

originally posted by: St Udio

Knock yourself out defending the POS Assad. I will be glad to see him go. There are hundreds (maybe thousands) of people who have covered the story worldwide, and a only handful of people who don't believe it happened.

Lol. He's not going anywhere anytime soon. That's what happens when you stage a Islamist mercenary Invasion as a "popular uprising against an evil tyrant" when said "evil tyrant" has the support of over 70% of the population.

The war would be over years ago if the US and their Saudi friends hadn't showered the terrorist scum in weapons and other aid.

edit on -050004pm7kpm by Ohanka because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Far more than a handful of people seriously question that entire narrative...

But you go ahead and pretend that mountains of evidence suggesting that the story being told by MSM etc is BS...

YOU should also ignore the email conversations wikileaks provided where certain groups were working to hire western experts to carry off one or more false flag gas etc attacks EXACTLY like the one that allegedly occurred!

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: SoulSurfer

Most likely, though he's dead now...:

en.m.wikipedia.org...

On another note, waiting for antediluvian to tell us that this is all just a bluff...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join