It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump to end CIA's arming of Syrian rebels

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 10:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: DanteGaland
WELL...

Since he CAN'T lift sanctions

Since he HASN'T given back the SPY compounds

...He DID promise Putin some "deliverables" (HIS WORDS) ahead of the G20 ...

And THIS is something Russia wants...

So then you support arming AL QAEDA?

Seriously?

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Calling those guys moderate is like calling a turkey a chicken, its bull#

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 01:25 AM
link   
I see someone got a new account, hahaha.

hahahaha.

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 02:27 AM
link   
Good for him.now if only he would add Saudi Arabia to the list of terrorist countries and drtop sanctions and blockades on them a subdued sa is the key to middle east peace. And yes I know in a minute someone will jump up here and accuse him of abandoning our guerilla allies but in reality those same guerrillas are members not Isis don't believe me I don't,t care

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 06:07 AM
link   
It's smart to move out of a unwinnable proxy war. Find another opportunity.

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Trump to end CIA's arming of Syrian rebels

Riiight...

The Washington Post no less:

The presider is 'going to end covert ME operations. Sure "He" is.

Talk Peace, prepare for war

The MSM and Trump have no say. But saying it sounds good.

Think the Russians buy it?

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Interesting developments since this announcement. The different Rebels factions in the northern part of Syria are now fighting each other. They never did get along too well, but the last couple of days have been all out civil war (civil-civil war?) Also, it appears that Hezbollah is now coordinating with the Syrian gov't to stamp out a couple of small pockets (1 Rebel & 1 ISIS) along the Syria/Lebanon border. Also, the Syrian gov't has aggressively moved into ISIS territory to the south of Raqqa. My guess is they're hoping to bottle up the Kurdish troops and prevent further expansion. It might work: aside from some minor skirmishes, the Syrian gov't and the Kurds have mostly avoided fighting each other.

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

Watching the wrong hand again, eh?

This effort means nothing, when the US agreed a $110 Billion dollar arms deal with Saudi Arabia, through which arms money and supply funding has been traveling for years. Oh sure, the CIA are no longer going to fund ISIS, but the money is still going to reach ISIS, its just being laundered through a middleman nation, which is the exact same as what was happening before, but with cleverer accounting. Its not even a different nation involved, its literally just more believable paperwork.

But hey, if it makes you folks FEEL better about the situation, that is all that matters, in the post truth age we find ourselves in, right? If the people have been coddled properly, and the plausible deniability changes, rather than the necessity for it ending, then that means the Trump camp looks good, because after all, who is going to want to actually look at the big picture, rather than paying attention to the headline?

This is the most shallow, transparent line of BS that you could possibly hope to encounter.

Same cornucopia of shady crap, different method. But I suppose one must praise the propaganda department, because this obfuscation will absorb enough people to be pushed aside as a non-issue, despite it being so utterly blatant and frankly amateurish. Yes, the masters know their puppets all too well. It would be cause for some considerable congratulations to them, were it not so utterly insidious and evil.

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: HorizonFall

On another note, waiting for antediluvian to tell us that this is all just a bluff...

Yeah... cuz... doing some fcking research yourself isn't an option. Not when swallowing the official narrative is the new normal of media literacy.

But... but... but... antediluvian! Well. At least ante isn't a fcking moron who will go after his fellow ATSliens while appealing to authority in a shallow thread like this. Pathetic...

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Proving one more time what a great President he is.

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 01:45 AM
link   

My prediction: it will never happen. The Zionists will not allow the cash to be cut off from ISIS (Israeli Secret Intelligence Service).

They will just push it further underground. If the President can see the details of this program, then it isn't truly covert. The majority of our government operates in the dark, ESPECIALLY the CIA. They are their own entity at this point. They are self-funded and self-directed.

No one controls the CIA. The CIA answers to no one.

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 02:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Winstonian

My prediction: it will never happen. The Zionists will not allow the cash to be cut off from ISIS (Israeli Secret Intelligence Service).

They will just push it further underground. If the President can see the details of this program, then it isn't truly covert. The majority of our government operates in the dark, ESPECIALLY the CIA. They are their own entity at this point. They are self-funded and self-directed.

No one controls the CIA. The CIA answers to no one.

Sad but you may be correct. This goes beyond ISIS and Syria lets not forget Rebel Troops or Al Qaeda/ISIS in the southern Philippines Same funding same weapons.

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Good

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Interesting statement from Tulsi Gabbard on the topic :

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 12:06 PM
link   
I just saw a report from a US coalition spokesman that the US is ending its relationship with a rebel group in southern Syria. The rebel group is only interested in fighting Assad, and doesn't care about fighting ISIS, so now that the US isn't arming the rebels they're going to do their own thing.

I'm thinking that the US base in southern Syria is going to disappear pretty soon. It's too far away from ISIS territory to be much use in that fight; it was always very obviously meant to support the rebels.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Interesting article on ZeroHedge about what happened behind the scenes at the White House.

Trump Saw A Disturbing Video, Then He Shut Down The CIA's Covert Syria Program

Basically, Trump saw a video where our heroes the Rebels beheaded a boy with a knife, and then were laughing and celebrating it. Trump then asked his intelligence people, "Why are supporting these guys if they're radicals?"

Nobody had a good answer, so he pulled the plug.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 08:12 AM
link   

What a wonderfully inventive narrative.

Shame it means absolutely nothing in the grand scheme of things, and probably did not happen.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 03:01 PM
link   
New developments: Reports are that the US is negotiating with Russia to hand over their base in Tanf (southern Syria).

I totally called it. Now that we're no longer arming the rebels, there's no reason for that base to exist. The claim that they were using it to fight ISIS was just a pretense.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Former War-Crimes Prosecutor Criticizes UN Panel On Syria, Says She Will Resign

Carla Del Ponte, the former prominent war-crimes prosecutor, says she is quitting a United Nations commission investigating human rights violations in Syria, claiming it “does absolutely nothing.”

"I am frustrated, I give up," Del Ponte told the Swiss newspaper Blick in an interview published on August 6. "I have written my letter of resignation and will send it in the next few days."

"The states in the Security Council don't want justice," Del Ponte said. "I can't any longer be part of this commission which simply doesn't do anything."

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 07:59 AM
link   
a reply to: theultimatebelgianjoke

I'm glad she finally saw thru the bull#. The human rights commission is headed by some of the worst human-rights violators on the planet. I mean, seriously, in what universe do Rwanda or Cuba have any right to be passing judgement on any other country's human rights record?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join