It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Special View Into My World of Live Spectrographs for ATS Members

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueAmerican

Lol, if I ever get my lair set up like I want (think Barry Allen's hideout in the JL trailer) I'm gonna have one screen dedicated to this.

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

Lol. Ha, I told you I'd only get three subscribers. And that's just about what I got so far. And by the way, for anyone who does subscribe to my channel, fear not. I'll guarantee you right now on my ten year's+ reputation here at ATS, that your information will be 200% safe with me. Not even if I get 1 million subscribers and they offer me millions for it, will I EVER divulge a single piece of that to anyone, for any reason, at any time. I think my friends here know me well enough to count on that, for sure. So subscribe at will folks. No fear. No marketing to you, and only if you wish donate to help me keep this going and improve it. Scouts honor!

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 03:07 PM
link   

I subscribed a few minutes ago. It's fascinating to watch. Thank you for doing this. You are a never-ending supply of knowledge on this subject and I look for your threads often.

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Subscribed. So interesting, and there is so much to learn.

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Thanks for the subs. If you guys will notice over on the left, I've even got 4 channels of the submerged, ocean bottom seismos off of the Oregon coastline. That is something even brand new to me, that I just discovered a few days ago, and am real excited to see. These serve a dual purpose in both providing data about the seamount volcanoes there, as well as providing potentially early warning against any big quakes that happen out there on the Juan De Fuca plate. Very cool!

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 03:50 PM
link   
OHhhhhh.

I am in.

Can't wait for my day off tomorrow.

I'm gonna have me some fun.

Thx TA.

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Cool work. Thanks for the post.

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Thanks TA.
I like it!

I'm especially interested in cascadia region, being I live in the PNW

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueAmerican
Thanks for the subs. If you guys will notice over on the left, I've even got 4 channels of the submerged, ocean bottom seismos off of the Oregon coastline. That is something even brand new to me, that I just discovered a few days ago, and am real excited to see. These serve a dual purpose in both providing data about the seamount volcanoes there, as well as providing potentially early warning against any big quakes that happen out there on the Juan De Fuca plate. Very cool!

Very interested in Juan de Fuca

Ii'll have to check back again later to read the thread in full

Thanks

edit on 6-7-2017 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 04:19 PM
link   

You do good things mr TrueAmerican.

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 04:45 PM
link   

a reply to: Sagacity

Well this is the first live stream I have ever attempted, so just wondering if it is coming in good for those that have seen it? gimme some feedback- although I guess no news is good news?

Coming in good for me apart from my poor vision. I cant read the little labels. I don't know why on some YouTube vudeis I can do full screen and others I can't . Maybe it's a sign in thing

I'm curios what RVC ENZ UW is because it's yellow/ red? Had to take a screenshot to zoom in to read lol

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

Not at all - very informative. I live in the DFW area and spend a lot of time in Austin so very little earthquake experience, but, have peeps in the San Fran and Tahoe areas. I get worried!

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: violet
I'm curios what RVC ENZ UW is because it's yellow/ red? Had to take a screenshot to zoom in to read lol

That's a station at Mt. Rainier, and it, along with RER, suffer sometimes from major telemetry error- and you are seeing it.

Woah... just looked at my subscribers and got 20 already. Ok, this might work. Thanks guys- and gals!

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Disregard
edit on 6-7-2017 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: violet

That's because they stopped delivering data for the moment, but they are the 4 blank ones bottom left. They're labeled. Data will come back, could be tonight, could be tomorrow. You constantly go through this with some stations, but others are pretty reliable. It's part of the deal.

Oh looky, they just came back. See?
edit on Thu Jul 6th 2017 by TrueAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 05:53 PM
link   

a reply to: violet

That's because they stopped delivering data for the moment, but they are the 4 blank ones bottom left. They're labeled. Data will come back, could be tonight, could be tomorrow. You constantly go through this with some stations, but others are pretty reliable. It's part of the deal.

Thanks. I figured it out now

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Thank you, TA , for your dedication over the years. I know of at least one other , maybe a few, that I have subscribed to.

Keep up the good work buddy ! Subscribing now.

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 08:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Sagacity

I'll take a stab at answering. Keep in mind this my amateur understanding of the topic so grain of salt, eh?

Earthquakes are studied in a variety of ways and measured in several different Fashions, the one that people are most familiar with is the seismogram; the wiggley lines:

This, if I'm not mistaken, shows ground movement.

What TA has in his feed is spectrograms, which shows the earthquakes 'sound' if you will. Now, as TA mentions in his OP, the spectros can also show things like traffic, wind, and other assorted phenomena. The thing that separates tectonic/volcanic from these mundane signals in the spectro is the frequency at which they register on the graph. The lower the frequency, the longer the wavelength of the sound generating the signal. Frequencies below a certain range can only (can we broadcast in the single hz range?) be geological in origin; if you've never heard of it, look up the bloop.

Here's an image which shows both seismo and spectro of a Chinese quake that was triggered by the Great Tohaku Quake:

You can see a scale on the left of the spectro that has the gradations of 0, 5, 10. That represents the hertz (hz) range of energy being released by the earthquake; note that most of it is below 5hz.

Now, what we are talking about specifically is that there appears to be an ongoing energy signature on many spectros (though not all) in the 1-2hz range; which has been come to be called the "hot band." I would imagine that this is because it's a continual signal registering in this range and it takes energy for such a signal to be generated.

It might be noise, I'm not sure though. TA was referencing conversations he has had with his scientific contacts, I believe, when he mentioned the hot band and I grabbed on to his comment and asked him to expand.

Hope this helps and wasn't confusing.

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 08:49 PM
link   
How many people have earthquake insurance? Is it expensive? When we sold our last house and bought this one more than five years ago I asked about earthquake insurance. I have since then asked about getting an earthquake policy added to our homeowners insurance. They won't sell us the policy. He tells us that no one asks about it except us. And that the likely of an earthquake here means it's unnecessary. This frustrates me. I realize the chance is low, but one day it will happen. Kinda the point in having insurance. I've never had such a difficult time getting an insurance agent to sell me something.

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 09:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Kentuckymama

That depends where you are in Kentucky. If you are anywhere near western KY, then you certainly do have to worry about the New Madrid fault going off. Even worse than me, and I'm in WNC. Call another company and check. Or two or three more.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join