It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Special View Into My World of Live Spectrographs for ATS Members

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueAmerican

I've been sharing the link to a few social media sites, so some of the subs may have come from that.

I just keep it running in one tab and switch over to it now and then. Sometimes i pull it up full screen on my 50" led tv in 780p and watch for a while; it's like a lava lamp and for part of it, I suppose it really is

I saw the two quakes last night in New Guinnea and Japan and then was that one of those that registered on the Solomon Isles shortly after? Maybe the NG one, that seemed to be bigger than the Japan quake and happened only shortly before Japan, could Japan have been a triggered quake from the NG one?

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 05:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueAmerican

originally posted by: Sagacity
720p has been looking perfectly here all day

Thanks for the feedback.

Amazingly, somehow got 41 subscribers already, lol. Not many watch very long though. I guess very few have figured out how to get that in a separate window while they browse on the web. Because that's the idea, you just glance at it every few minutes, and look for red.

I was your 6th subscriber. : )
Last night I was watching for about 2 hours while browsing in another window, you had some cool music playing.

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Yea Dude?

Where are the tunes?

Still very much enjoying.

How about some Boston.

edit on 7-7-2017 by crappiekat because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 07:30 PM
link   
What's going on with the Alaska Volcano right now? It's the second box from the top.

I can't make out the words to see where the location is.

edit on 7/7/2017 by sled735 because: add video

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Hi Sled.

If you make it full screen, it is much easier to see.

I had the same problem last nite.

I guess TA upped something, so you can see better.

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 08:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: crappiekat
Hi Sled.

If you make it full screen, it is much easier to see.

I had the same problem last nite.

I guess TA upped something, so you can see better.

Thanks. What do those bars going up and down mean? They aren't blue.

ETA: Well, they have more blue in them now than when I asked the question. Awhile ago, they were almost orange.

edit on 7/7/2017 by sled735 because: add comment

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 08:18 PM
link   
a reply to: sled735

Here is TA's open post.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

It took me a time to get it too.

Yellow to Red is what your looking for.

I am also reading other stuff on line to understand Spectrographs.

Here's one of the sites I have visited.
home.cc.umanitoba.ca...

edit on 7-7-2017 by crappiekat because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Here's what a bigger quake looks like on spectro:

That's the same quake on two different stations, with both waveforms and spectro of each station provided.

The top station there was closer to the quake, and clipped, meaning it overloaded. Look at all that red. Enough red to scream bloody murder.

The bottom station was further away. Less red because the distance muffled some of the energy. That allowed the second station to read it and not overload. The energy hits the seismometers from the left of each picture, moving towards the right, and as the energy from the quake dies down, so do the reds.

Smaller quakes will have just a little red, or maybe very little red and mostly yellow. But note the triangular shape of both:

Volcanic tremor has some red too near the bottom, but the shape stays more even all the way across, with yellow on its top all the way across. These shapes can vary a little bit, because each seismic signal is unique. But not THAT unique. Quakes and tremor all have these characteristics as described above.

If it doesn't look like either, then ignore it. In the Alaska the Cascades volcano seismos, there is a lot of telemetry error. So ignore everything until it looks like something described above.

A REALLY big quake, 6.5+, is going to look more like this:

Enough red to paint your car and your house, and scream bloody murder, all at the same time.
edit on Fri Jul 7th 2017 by TrueAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 09:42 PM
link   
a reply to: crappiekat

I will not play a single song on there that is not my creation. I could be sued for copyright violation. No thank you. It's just easier to play my own stuff. That said, I only have a limited amount of it.

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 09:59 PM
link   

OMG!

TA, I am sorry.

I was not aware of the rules. (me bad!)

I really enjoyed what you had to offer last nite. I am impressed with your talent.

It's all good.

I'm listening to some Enya right now.

Not sure I should be posting over there.

edit on 7-7-2017 by crappiekat because: to add

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 12:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: crappiekat
Not sure I should be posting over there.

If you want I can give you moderator powers for the chat. That way when another jerk comes in and says something like that you can delete it and ban them.

Just let me know, and I'll do it. But you have to be present there in chat before I can do it.

Thanks for the compliments on my music!

Again folks, the new fresh stream is here now:
www.youtube.com...

edit on Sat Jul 8th 2017 by TrueAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Thank you.

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 01:22 AM
link   
a reply to: crappiekat

Aww, Good GIRL!

Crappie has just posted a picture of harmonic tremor. A+

I had asked her to see if she could find one. I'm impressed!

Anyone ever sees something like that at one of our volcanoes on the feed, especially Yellowstone, post it immediately.

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Just an FYI update for those that would like to find the right stream quickly, because it's going to change from time to time. You might want to bookmark this link. Then go there first, and look to see which video is currently live. Click it, and you're there.

TA Stream Index

Hit 51 subscribers today, thanks all. I sent out a bunch of tweets about it too to anybody that appeared to be interested in quakes/volcanoes.

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 10:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueAmerican
Just an FYI update for those that would like to find the right stream quickly, because it's going to change from time to time. You might want to bookmark this link. Then go there first, and look to see which video is currently live. Click it, and you're there.

TA Stream Index

Hit 51 subscribers today, thanks all. I sent out a bunch of tweets about it too to anybody that appeared to be interested in quakes/volcanoes.

Thank you TrueAmerican. I'm sharing this on my social media connections as well. I hope that's okay?

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: sled735

Oh yeah, that'd be great and thanks.

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Well, watching live activity with TA is quite enlightening. Seeing activity and knowing about it well before they update the activity online is pretty incredible.

Just saw eruption activity and then watched some time later as they upgraded the activity level on the Alaska Volcano Observatory website.

Good call on that btw True American

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Very nice!

Subscribed

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 02:21 PM
link   
It say's the video is unavailable now.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: seentoomuch