It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Special View Into My World of Live Spectrographs for ATS Members

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+28 more 
posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 11:22 AM
link   
I have prepared a special live stream for you all, which will give you a unique glimpse into a unique service.

Up right now on YouTube I present to you a live feed of real time seismic data, in spectrographs, so you can watch for yourself what I am looking at on my rig!

www.youtube.com...

If this interests you, and you like what you see, then please let me know. With this service now you can see what the scientists see, as it happens live, from many seismometers all around the Ring of Fire.

Where this goes from here is up to you, mostly. I can expand and improve this. I can get better connections. I can provide more detailed, specialed streams of particular areas. Anyways, give me a shout and let me know what you think.

You will see all kinds of things on these seismometers, and much of it will not be earthquakes. There may be noise, some stations may not work, and all other sorts of things. These are spectrographs and not waveforms. Be careful what you infer from them until you get used to it.

But basically, look for RED or RED+YELLOW as events come in near the bottoms of these...For now.
edit on Thu Jul 6th 2017 by TrueAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueAmerican

Thank you TA! I have this bookmarked and will stare at it occasionally once I get used to what's "normal".

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 12:12 PM
link   
This is interesting
Although I found myself clicking the video to enlarge parts of the screen once or twice out of habit I guess lol.

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Sagacity

Well this is the first live stream I have ever attempted, so just wondering if it is coming in good for those that have seen it? gimme some feedback- although I guess no news is good news?

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 12:29 PM
link   

I've got a good clear view with little to no lag from what I can tell; that's with the quality manually set to 720p.

Is there perhaps a way to bold the disclaimer you have on there about "...will see all kinds of things...?"

Of course, you might get more viewers if you run around like the proverbial headless chicken anytime you see a hiccup anywhere in the the world based on the other feeds I see listed.

Kind of a "if it bleeds it leads," mentality?

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 12:29 PM
link   

GO05 appears to be down

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 12:31 PM
link   

TA - I am woefully ignorant about this, but as long as the colors remain blue or dark blue, it means things are okay? But if they go red run for the hills so to speak?

Following you on the other thread and clicked over to check this out. I am in TX and have heard nothing on this all morning. Thanks for all your hard work.

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Missmissie173
...as long as the colors remain blue or dark blue, it means things are okay? But if they go red run for the hills so to speak?

Yes, basically, because I set it up that way. Red and Yellow catch the eye quickly against the blue. But look for reds and or yellows near the bottoms of each channel when an event registers. If you see it near the top of the channel, it is probably noise or some other man made event like a car passing.

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Maybe it is time to go camping True American. I know, I need to find a different hobby than researching stuff too. I bet more people are interested in what you study than in what I study.

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Missmissie173

Not necessarily. Keep in mind that these are spectrographs from tectonic/volcanic hot spots around the world and as TA says could show a variety of things not related to seismic/volcanic activity.

What you want to be on the look out for is activity in the bottom part of any particular graph indicating a very low frequency range, say below 5hz or so. There will also likely be a vertical spike at the beginning of an event with occasional spikes for the duration of any relevant event. If you see multiple horizontal lines in a spectro near a volcano, that might indicate harmonic tremor but you will want verification of this from others.

TA will likely (already has) answer this in better detail, but this is my layman's understanding. Hope it helps.

I know this wasn't directed at me, but when has that ever stopped me, lol...

guess I should kept my fingers away from the keyboard

edit on 6-7-2017 by jadedANDcynical because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 12:52 PM
link   
lol, nah you're doing fine, J&C. I can say this much though- you just watch what happens when we get another 4+ or so on the Yellowstone seismos... hehe. Since the stream has been up, you guys ain't seen nuttin yet.

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 12:57 PM
link   

I recall you mentioning a "1-2hz hot band," in one of our recent conversations, is that what I'm seeing at the bottom of the graph of BBGH, and a few of the Alaska volcanoes?
edit on 6-7-2017 by jadedANDcynical because: fixed link code

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueAmerican
a reply to: Sagacity

Well this is the first live stream I have ever attempted, so just wondering if it is coming in good for those that have seen it? gimme some feedback- although I guess no news is good news?

Yes indeed. It looks great from here
No lag noticed here either, same as JC.

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

Yes Sir. Exactly. But this is so friggin cool to finally be able to share with you guys what I have been looking at for YEARS and could only briefly describe!

Some other notes on this- obviously the world is big place and even as much data as you are looking on the screen at once, this is just a tiny fraction of the instruments in place around the world. It is customized to my personal interests. So we are only seeing what I want to see, for now. There's a zillion volcanoes in Alaska, for example. But I can't put everything up there. There are bandwidth limitations. For right now I have up just the volcanoes of interest in Alaska, namely, Okmok and Makushin, which are the closest seismos to Bogoslof- and you are seeing what they see. Bogoslof is unmonitored directly. But it has erupted a bunch here lately.

So the bottom line is I can change any of this. I am just going with what interests me at the moment.

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 01:12 PM
link   
You,True American, are freaking
RAD !! Love it Thank you !

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 01:22 PM
link   
So, I tried to follow the conversation in the other thread JC linked here. But I think I'm in over my head. What is all that constant red activity low in the band on a few of these? Is it noise and clutter so to speak, or just constant low activity? Pardon the ignorance.

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: UnderKingsPeak

lol, thanks. Yeah, I got this idea yesterday, spent the night doing research on how to do it, and bingo, it's up today!

Some more info:
Obviously I am a big Yellowstone freak, and I have nearly all of the channels in the park up on that right hand part of the screen. The BOTTOM six to eight channels of that are the perimeter stations (except LKWY) I was talking about. They are up now (sigh), but didn't have those up when the 5.8 hit up in Montana. The point is, use those bottom channels, especially BOZ, to watch for any more quakes coming in from Montana. They will appear first. They are part of what I call perimeter protection, so that one can easily see whether a quake is native to the park, or from somewhere else.

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 01:36 PM
link   

So if we see a signal propagate from the upper portion to the lower portion of that section of the screen that means the quake originated in the park, outside if the signal goes bottom to top?
edit on 6-7-2017 by jadedANDcynical because: typos

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

Yep, for the most part. I actually had all this organized better in my previous layout for YS, where it was strictly like that, but in this layout some stations locationwise are interspersed in the layout. LKWY for example, which is at YS Lake in this layout is sitting 5th from the bottom. I have reasons for all that, but yeah, if this catches on I will probably reorganize this layout slightly better.

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 02:14 PM
link   
lol, it friggin figures. Ever since I put this stream up, everything has gone nearly silent. YS swarm calmed down, quakes from Montana nearly stopped....just...phooey! Oh well, now you get an idea of what I've been seeing, and waiting on, for years to bring you guys earthquake news. Sometimes, most times, it's boring as crap!!!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join