It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Special View Into My World of Live Spectrographs for ATS Members

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 09:34 PM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

Thanks for helping out here J&C, cause I surely have my hands full trying to keep the feed up and other stuff. The hot band at 1-2 may have to do with corner frequency of the seismometer. That is the low frequency cutoff point, that the seismometer cannot sense beyond. Weird things happen, like the hot band on those certain instruments. That gets way, WAY technically deep, and beyond really where we need to go.

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Awesome, Awesome.
You're a very gracious host and there are a lot of us thirsty for information.
I bet that chat window will be scrolling very quickly, very soon.

It's like having a person on the inside.
Inside of the outside??

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Been listening to the music and watching.

I LOVE THIS NEW TOY!!!

I have to figure out how to do a split screen.

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 10:06 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueAmerican

Thank you for responding. Yes, I'm in western Kentucky. The Ohio river is about 15 minutes from my house. We tried to find another insurance company, but there aren't many to choose from here. Kentucky Farm Bureau is the only local one that will insure a house built in 1880. Limited options and no one around here is interested.

I've looked online and found a few that offer earthquake insurance add-ons for Kentucky based in Lexington. I'm going to call them tomorrow. Thanks for confirming my thoughts.

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 10:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Kentuckymama

I don't recall what I'm paying. It's a few hundred I think and doesn't cover everything. I've not read over the policy in awhile, I should now you mention it.
Mind you I'm living in the ring of fire, where we are due for The Big One as they like to call it. It's gonna happen , not if but when. It costs more for EQ insurance on the ring of fire being the likelihood is higher.

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 10:20 PM
link   
a reply to: crappiekat

Depending on what browser you use, click the (restore down) box between minimize and close in the upper right corner of the window, open in new window and resize each one to whatever part of the screen you want it on.

Firefox is cool because you can drag a tab out after you open it in the same window, not sure if chrome or IE (ick) has this feature.

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Every now and then I see yellow/light blue streaks at the top of Cascades. A few minutes ago there was some red in it too. Now it's light blue and yellow again.

If we see those colors towards the bottom, is that more cause for concern? Still trying to interpret this. Thank you for sharing this w/us, TA!

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 10:40 PM
link   
a reply to: dianajune

If it's not tall, big, long and bright red, chances are it means nothing. That's probably the easiest way I can explain it. You can ignore pretty much all else.

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 10:41 PM
link   
a reply to: violet

Thank you for responding. I will start calling tomorrow to get prices. It can't be worse than the ridiculous amount we pay for flood insurance. We had to have FEMA come out and survey our land for that. Only one small corner of our property is in the flood zone, but still we have to pay, although it's lower due to it being just the one corner. Even at the reduced rate it's still expensive.

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Bummer look like I have bandwidth problem
On xplornet dish satellite up here in Ontario, Canada
will try a bit later

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 10:56 PM
link   
LOVE IT!
Bushman Canuck from Vancouver Canada....now i just have to figure out how to get alerts for my erea

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 11:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: The Great Day
LOVE IT!
Bushman Canuck from Vancouver Canada....now i just have to figure out how to get alerts for my erea

Well I dunno about alerts, but I do have a station labeled washington which is on the feed and up on the northwest tip of washington state. Left most panel, mid way. NLWA

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Thank you for the suggestion.

I've got Chrome.

I will mess with it tomorrow. I am slowly figuring stuff out. I just don't have alot of time to play.

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 12:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueAmerican

originally posted by: The Great Day
LOVE IT!

Well I dunno about alerts, but I do have a station labeled washington which is on the feed and up on the northwest tip of washington state. Left most panel, mid way. NLWA[/quote
Ok I'm in vancouver as well. I'll keep my eye on that one
Thanks

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Awesome. I really appreciate the time you took to make the post and provide more information. It's very clear and makes perfect sense now. Thank you sir
It definitely helps.

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 09:10 AM
link   
NOTE
Refreshed, new stream is at:
www.youtube.com...

I tried streaming at 1080p, and it worked, but the data lag was not worth it. Pretty, but lagged picture. 720p seems to work best, all things considered, and especially in this application where data lag and immediacy are big issues. So we're sticking with 720p.

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 11:39 AM
link   
S&F

Thank you for the time you have invested this... I used to watch GEE back in the day. this is much easier.

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 04:30 PM
link   
720p has been looking perfectly here all day

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 04:36 PM
link   
H9ly #.If a flea farted in New Guinea True American would see it!!

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sagacity
720p has been looking perfectly here all day

Thanks for the feedback.

Amazingly, somehow got 41 subscribers already, lol. Not many watch very long though. I guess very few have figured out how to get that in a separate window while they browse on the web. Because that's the idea, you just glance at it every few minutes, and look for red.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join