It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Racist woman demands to see "white doctor only" for her sick son

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 09:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Jaellma

I'm not sticking up for the woman what so ever, I'm just trying to see it from her point of view. I think a few issues play a role here.
The woman was probably very worried for her son. She was probably in a very panicked state.
Combine that with the enormous wait times in these clinics and she was most likely becoming increasingly agitated.

Then based on what she was saying, it seemed like maybe there was a language barrier at play with the resident doctors.
I can say from personal experience how frustrating it is when your genuinely worried, even scared at the doctors, and you can't even make out a word the doctor is saying to you.

I had one East Indian doctor that I had to ask to get a nurse because I couldn't understand a thing he was saying.
Of course I was much more polite that this woman was and kindly asked the Dr to explain it again.
When that didn't help I asked if he could get a nurse to assist me in understanding what he was trying to say.

So I'm just going by my own experience in relation to what possibly had happened to this woman.
Not saying it's right, but definitely feel that a person in this type of role should be able to speak coherent English.
If it's an actual case that she wouldn't even let the doctor see her son unless he was white, then the woman is a raging b-word

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 09:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

She is in Canada, from what I have heard, she is lucky there is a Dr at all.

With all the lines and rationed care.

Still won't have a $10,000 bill at the end of an ER visit or lose my house because I need life saving surgery.

You may have doctors but you also have people choosing which fingers they get sewn back on based on their insurance qualifications.
edit on 6/21/2017 by MonkeyFishFrog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 09:57 PM
link   
a reply to: MonkeyFishFrog

I agree with a single payer system-sorry, sometimes my sarcasm only comes out in my head, not in my typing.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 10:15 PM
link   
That lady is a dumbass.
I just want to see a good doctor. Those are the rare ones.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 10:28 PM
link   
How do you feel about relaxed admission standards for people of a certain race? Wouldn't asking for a doctor you knew had higher standards to get into medical school be logical?

Doesn't affirmative action make this an issue?

I am not saying I agree with her, but she isn't necessarily wrong for feeling that a White or Asian doctor might be more qualified on average.

Affirmative action creates these situations.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 10:33 PM
link   

I dont see the problem. Are you saying a black or asian person wouldnt be more comfortable having a Dr. Of their own race?

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 10:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oathkeeper73

I dont see the problem. Are you saying a black or asian person wouldnt be more comfortable having a Dr. Of their own race?

And before anyone says no. I have worked in a SoCal ER for 15yrs. It is fact. Our yearly netlearning even has a course on the fact.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Sorry.

Whites can't be doctors. Cultural appropriation.

The Greeks invented modern medicine. She should have asked for a Mediterranean.

Bitch.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Send her to the US.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 01:19 AM
link   

That poor kid. Could you imagine if her son died because she wouldn't allow a non-white doctor to save his life?
Pathetic.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 01:24 AM
link   
But when a muslim demands that ONLY a Muslim doctor may operate on his daughter

100% left wing support, all the way

When a Christian won't perform a weddIng ceremony for gays - left wing OUTRAGE
When a Muslim refuses to bake a fricken cake for gays - 100% left wing support

The left ALWAYS say to respect the opinions, wishes and cultures of ALL others

Doesn't work when the 'others' are white . So what if she's a racist? Islam is the MOST hateful and intolerant supremacist ideology that has EVER existed, for some reason the left 100% fully supports Islam. Disgusting

IM NOT WHITE EITHER

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 02:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: ZombieZygote

That poor kid. Could you imagine if her son died because she wouldn't allow a non-white doctor to save his life?
Pathetic.

Not only that but the mental anguish that poor kid must go through, I doubt this was the only public rage event this woman has had with her kid around.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 02:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Breakthestreak

Don't care what race you are....Because you are obvious patroit. I would gladly call you brother.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 03:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
How do you feel about relaxed admission standards for people of a certain race? Wouldn't asking for a doctor you knew had higher standards to get into medical school be logical?

Doesn't affirmative action make this an issue?

I am not saying I agree with her, but she isn't necessarily wrong for feeling that a White or Asian doctor might be more qualified on average.

Affirmative action creates these situations.

Not just AA

Really I only want a Doctor that has been to a western medical school.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Hmm would this be a of equal interest if this was a Black Woman demanding only a Black Doctor see her son?.

Racism for race sake is wrong but people often have a lack of trust, in the US there is a serious amount of Racial Tension today and of course that has polarized society there down the racial divide, it has gotten so bad that ordinary US citizen's from both side's of that line whom previously did not see that line are now fearful of the extremists on the other side of it, black's and white's calling for race wars, racially motivated attacks.

I am a afraid the only way you could ever cure this in human nature would be to poke everyone's eye's out but then they would divide themselves by the sound of there voices.

Tribalism is inherent to the human condition and that really is all this is about, culture and major world religion's on the other hand are another matter entirely and though they do get painted as Racism race really has nothing to do with them.

I also believe RACISM is a learned behavior and even my own intolerance for a certain religion is also a leaned behavior, take a group of toddlers of all races, they will play happily together and race, religion and other differences do not affect there innocent mind's, racism usually start's when a kid is growing up and he personally encounters a racist whom is against him or the parent's of his play mate's frown at there child playing with him/her and from that point on the world seem's a little less fair, this in time turn's to anger and then like a mirror it create's it's own racism against those that the child learn's to hate.

How many traditional remedies were lost due to cultural bias, think on that, how many native doctor's in native culture's were ignored because of the dominance of one culture over a period of time and how many treatment's and cures were lost before modern big pharma cottoned on to the idea that there was money to be made from these traditional remedy's.

One thing I do know, the size of a person's intellect is seldom related to there (SUB-RACE there is only one human race) colour.

edit on 22-6-2017 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 06:59 AM
link   
I personally think she was being stupid,if one's child is in distress the best doctor is the nearest one/first one available.

Having said that-i have to wonder if this was a black/Muslim/any ethnicity or cultural group except White-if this would have even made news.If it did,people denouncing that non-white mother as racist would themselves have been called racist and intolerant.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 07:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82
I was just gonna say the same thing... having to ask the doctor to repeat himself three or four times just to give up and act like you know what he's saying isn't a good think when you are talking about the health and well being of your child..

I would never demand a "white doctor" but I think that it is appropriate to to expect to get a doctor that we can understand!! if that isn't achievable then they should at least have to give us a transcript of the conversation, in clear english before we walk out the door!

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 07:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raxoxane
I personally think she was being stupid,if one's child is in distress the best doctor is the nearest one/first one available.

Not always.

There is a White doctor I wont let anywhere near me.

She is notorious in the area for incompetence and a recored of nearly killing people, how she has not been struck off I dont know but no doctor would be better than her.

Doctors are not gods or magic wizards. They are human, you get extremly good ones and you get some god awful ones.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Well since there are thousands of doctors to pick from my only face value preference is that they speak proper English.

I'm not sure outsourcing our medical staff is the greatest idea...

But hey with all the lawsuits these days maybe foreigners are the only ones desperate enough to do such a risky job??

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 08:17 AM
link   
I a reply to: crazyewok

Where I live in the US, the population is 75% Hispanic and 25% white with less than 1% black. And whether its true or not, its widely accepted thaat the Blacks dislike, if not outright hate whites, and true to form, Ive seen blacks being hostile to the whites in public places like restaurants.

Despite all that, it seems everytime theres an announcement about a new doctor in town, theyve hired a black doctor.

I should be able to choose who I want as a doctor and I shouldnt have to choose someone who hates me because Im white.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join