It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cash to Clinton Foundation Amid Russian Uranium One Deal Outside US BOMBSHELL

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 08:29 AM
link   
a reply to: ColdWisdom

Except it's not, that's how the Clintons operate. They say it can't be shipped .. when it can be. Uranium One doesn't need the license because the shipping company gets it.

This was the deal from the beginning.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Wow, what a great thread!

This has huge implications, and that NYT article is so thoroughly researched it's mind boggling. I personally agree with the landowner, no Uranium on US soil should ever leave the US, nevermind be mined by a foreign entity.

Of course, who couldn't see the assurances of "remaining a Public company" by Uranium One, get tossed into the wind and wholly owned by ARMZ.

I also don't find the Clinton Foundation donations from Giutra and Co. to be the biggest of concern here, more than that, I find whomever was asleep at the wheel at the highest levels of our Government for not recognizing the National Security threat that this poses. I'm not willfully ignoring that the political climate was different between the US and Russia at the time, but when times change, so should policy stances.

ETA: I need to add in something that may or may not be somehow related to the overall premise of this thread. An article in the Washington Bureau Tribune that appeared today, calling into question Michael Flynn's ties with Russian interests. Well, when it comes to Michael Flynn, I think he is being overly demonized especially when taken in tandem with this OP.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Though the US now has a desire to sanction Russia even further, one has to question the authority with which the Uranium One deal ever grew legs. Rosatom and ARMZ may as well have been bedfellows as there is in reality no true distinction as far as we should be concerned. With that in mind, why are we demonizing a decorated officer for having dealings with corporate interests that we ourselves (our Government) allows in the first place?

As shown in this mornings article

Not long after Flynn met with Saudi nuclear officials, the Russian nuclear-power giant Rosatom announced a $100 billion deal to build 46 nuclear reactors in Saudi Arabia. It is not known whether Flynn or the American companies he represented had any involvement in the Rosatom effort. Rosatom did not respond to emailed questions.
But a senior National Security Council official under former President Barack Obama confirmed it was U.S. policy in 2015 to discourage developing nations from dealing with Rosatom after the Russian takeover of Crimea from Ukraine in 2014.

Source for above

...but the above makes no sense as, it seems, the US Uranium mining to Foreign dependence on Uranium supply ratio is around 20%, or in other words the US only supplies about 20% of its own uranium to fuel nuclear power plants, the rest (ostensibly) from Russian interests. In that respect, if you want to see things from another viewpoint, by engaging Rosatom is engaging US interests until we disallow foreign mining interests on our own lands.

Seeing the $100 Billion Saudi deal may go a long way to explaining the lack of information on the Canadian incident.
edit on 22-6-2017 by alphabetaone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Renaissance Capital...seems I have heard that come up somewhere else before.

Indeed, you have.

From back in 2008 on this very forum:

"originally posted by: toepick
WHAT?? just in case you missed that: "The private sector is more efficient than the government, and global growth will slow down if the share of government in the economy increases," Sharipova said.

I can't find much on this Yelena Sharipova person, except shes a senior economist at Renaissance Capital.. "

And again, more recently, here:

"originally posted by: marg6043

the Clintons and their closest aides have maintained with Russian government officials for years, including while they were in public office. Unlike the revelations so far concerning Russian ties in the Trump camp, the Clinton deals involved hundreds of millions of dollars and enormous favors that benefitted Russian interests.

Bill and Hillary Clinton received large sums of money directly and indirectly from Russian officials while Hillary Clinton was Secretary of State. Bill Clinton was paid a cool $500,000 (well above his normal fee) for a speech in Moscow in 2010. Who footed the bill? An investment firm in Moscow called Renaissance Capital, which boasts deep ties to Russian intelligence. The Clinton Foundation itself took money from Russian officials and Putin-connected oligarchs. They also took donations from:
•Viktor Vekselberg, a Putin confidant who gave through his company, Renova Group
• Andrey Vavilov, a former Russian government official who was Chairman of SuperOx, a research company that was part of the “nuclear Cluster” at the Russian government’s Skolkovo research facility
• Elena Baturina, the wife of the former Mayor of Moscow, who apparently gave them money through JSC Inteco, an entity that she controls

Well, I went looking around a bit more based on this and found Yelena quoted at the leaky place:

Because "Plan Putin" boils down to catchwords on Russian strength and increased authority abroad, Renaissance Capital Investment VP Yelena Sharipova argued to us that Medvedev's writ remains large and largely uncircumscribed by Putin doctrine.

/plusd/cables/08MOSCOW288_a.html

So does any of this tie any loose ends or does it leave us with more tangles?

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 12:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: alphabetaone

Wow, what a great thread!

This has huge implications, and that NYT article is so thoroughly researched it's mind boggling. I personally agree with the landowner, no Uranium on US soil should ever leave the US, nevermind be mined by a foreign entity.

Of course, who couldn't see the assurances of "remaining a Public company" by Uranium One, get tossed into the wind and wholly owned by ARMZ.

I also don't find the Clinton Foundation donations from Giutra and Co. to be the biggest of concern here, more than that, I find whomever was asleep at the wheel at the highest levels of our Government for not recognizing the National Security threat that this poses. I'm not willfully ignoring that the political climate was different between the US and Russia at the time, but when times change, so should policy stances.

ETA: I need to add in something that may or may not be somehow related to the overall premise of this thread. An article in the Washington Bureau Tribune that appeared today, calling into question Michael Flynn's ties with Russian interests. Well, when it comes to Michael Flynn, I think he is being overly demonized especially when taken in tandem with this OP.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Though the US now has a desire to sanction Russia even further, one has to question the authority with which the Uranium One deal ever grew legs. Rosatom and ARMZ may as well have been bedfellows as there is in reality no true distinction as far as we should be concerned. With that in mind, why are we demonizing a decorated officer for having dealings with corporate interests that we ourselves (our Government) allows in the first place?

As shown in this mornings article

Not long after Flynn met with Saudi nuclear officials, the Russian nuclear-power giant Rosatom announced a $100 billion deal to build 46 nuclear reactors in Saudi Arabia. It is not known whether Flynn or the American companies he represented had any involvement in the Rosatom effort. Rosatom did not respond to emailed questions.
But a senior National Security Council official under former President Barack Obama confirmed it was U.S. policy in 2015 to discourage developing nations from dealing with Rosatom after the Russian takeover of Crimea from Ukraine in 2014.

Source for above

...but the above makes no sense as, it seems, the US Uranium mining to Foreign dependence on Uranium supply ratio is around 20%, or in other words the US only supplies about 20% of its own uranium to fuel nuclear power plants, the rest (ostensibly) from Russian interests. In that respect, if you want to see things from another viewpoint, by engaging Rosatom is engaging US interests until we disallow foreign mining interests on our own lands.

Seeing the $100 Billion Saudi deal may go a long way to explaining the lack of information on the Canadian incident.

Nice...glad you read the entire article. It is long and much more than the average person reads these days.

It is an eye opener to say the least.

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 12:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: jadedANDcynical

Renaissance Capital...seems I have heard that come up somewhere else before.

Indeed, you have.

From back in 2008 on this very forum:

"originally posted by: toepick
WHAT?? just in case you missed that: "The private sector is more efficient than the government, and global growth will slow down if the share of government in the economy increases," Sharipova said.

I can't find much on this Yelena Sharipova person, except shes a senior economist at Renaissance Capital.. "

And again, more recently, here:

"originally posted by: marg6043

the Clintons and their closest aides have maintained with Russian government officials for years, including while they were in public office. Unlike the revelations so far concerning Russian ties in the Trump camp, the Clinton deals involved hundreds of millions of dollars and enormous favors that benefitted Russian interests.

Bill and Hillary Clinton received large sums of money directly and indirectly from Russian officials while Hillary Clinton was Secretary of State. Bill Clinton was paid a cool $500,000 (well above his normal fee) for a speech in Moscow in 2010. Who footed the bill? An investment firm in Moscow called Renaissance Capital, which boasts deep ties to Russian intelligence. The Clinton Foundation itself took money from Russian officials and Putin-connected oligarchs. They also took donations from:
•Viktor Vekselberg, a Putin confidant who gave through his company, Renova Group
• Andrey Vavilov, a former Russian government official who was Chairman of SuperOx, a research company that was part of the “nuclear Cluster” at the Russian government’s Skolkovo research facility
• Elena Baturina, the wife of the former Mayor of Moscow, who apparently gave them money through JSC Inteco, an entity that she controls

Well, I went looking around a bit more based on this and found Yelena quoted at the leaky place:

Because "Plan Putin" boils down to catchwords on Russian strength and increased authority abroad, Renaissance Capital Investment VP Yelena Sharipova argued to us that Medvedev's writ remains large and largely uncircumscribed by Putin doctrine.

/plusd/cables/08MOSCOW288_a.html

So does any of this tie any loose ends or does it leave us with more tangles?

Bingo.

What this all leads me to believe is that what I have called the "long game" has actually been a Dem leaker that was able to put the Russian narrative into play for the GOP knowing nothing on that side would play out but that the fear of uncovering the real story was strong enough for them to bite.

Basically forcing them to push a false narrative to cover their own.

I am seeing the light at the end of the tunnel now.....

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

Yea, there's a lot of noise, back and forth between Trump, Hillary, yada yada, and when it comes to that noise I never really, if I have to be honest with myself, cared much about who was in the Oval Office as it always turns out the same way in the end....

But things like THIS thread is seriously important and likely flew completely (and will continue to) under the radar as long as everyone is distracted with party affiliations.

It's definitely more than an eye-opener though, people should pay more attention to things of this nature.

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Yea, there's a lot of noise, back and forth between Trump, Hillary, yada yada, and when it comes to that noise I never really, if I have to be honest with myself, cared much about who was in the Oval Office as it always turns out the same way in the end....

But things like THIS thread is seriously important and likely flew completely (and will continue to) under the radar as long as everyone is distracted with party affiliations.

It's definitely more than an eye-opener though, people should pay more attention to things of this nature.

That's what really gets me about this. This should be a major story. Uranium One is shipping uranium outside of the US and to who knows where. The ONLY reason this even hit the web is because of a serious incident with a shipment to Canada. And even then, from the links I posted, there is an obvious attempt to cover it up by 404'ing documents from the Canadian Nuclear Regulation...

How does that even happen? Every single document related to it is gone from their site. I had to dig for a bit to find the ones I found and can only guess they won't be there forever as it seems someone is cleaning up after themselves.

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 12:43 PM
link   

That's what really gets me about this. This should be a major story.

Absolutely. Here as well as out in the mainstream.

Uranium One is shipping uranium outside of the US and to who knows where. The ONLY reason this even hit the web is because of a serious incident with a shipment to Canada. And even then, from the links I posted, there is an obvious attempt to cover it up by 404'ing documents from the Canadian Nuclear Regulation...

How does that even happen? Every single document related to it is gone from their site. I had to dig for a bit to find the ones I found and can only guess they won't be there forever as it seems someone is cleaning up after themselves.

I honestly think you have probably answered yourself. Because Uranium One is shipping to who knows where is precisely the reason it isn't getting mainstream notice....what that would do is cause ordinary people to question their own judgement and, frankly, their own greed, all the way down to the landowner. Instead of doing what is right for their country, they took the money and now no one wants to see their own selves for exactly what they are.

But let's face it, we (as a country) are doing nothing patriotic anymore...it's all about the buzz, the money, and who is winning on America's Got Talent. With that though, you bet they're covering their tracks well.
edit on 23-6-2017 by alphabetaone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 05:54 PM
link   

That's what really gets me about this. This should be a major story.

Absolutely. Here as well as out in the mainstream.

Uranium One is shipping uranium outside of the US and to who knows where. The ONLY reason this even hit the web is because of a serious incident with a shipment to Canada. And even then, from the links I posted, there is an obvious attempt to cover it up by 404'ing documents from the Canadian Nuclear Regulation...

I honestly think you have probably answered yourself. Because Uranium One is shipping to who knows where is precisely the reason it isn't getting mainstream notice....what that would do is cause ordinary people to question their own judgement and, frankly, their own greed, all the way down to the landowner. Instead of doing what is right for their country, they took the money and now no one wants to see their own selves for exactly what they are.

But let's face it, we (as a country) are doing nothing patriotic anymore...it's all about the buzz, the money, and who is winning on America's Got Talent. With that though, you bet they're covering their tracks well.

I am guessing this is also coming up with the recent revelation of Lynch being questioned. She was likely covering for certain aspects of the Uranium One deal for the Clintons. It came up in 2015 from Grassley and I would guess, now that she's no longer AG, it is going to come back around.

I have thought for a long time that the GOP is and has been playing a very long game and just baiting. It appears this may have been the case and the Dems are going to have to get someone big to take the fall or it will crumble their entire party.

Trouble is, which one has the connection to all issues that is able to be scapegoated.

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 09:20 PM
link   

I'm not sure anyone can or will be scapegoated in this respect. The only two people domestically, Hillary and Bill Clinton, simply CAN'T fall for this as it would tear apart the fabric of the Democratic party and they wouldn't be able to get a message out for a long long time being overshadowed by it. As far as Giutra, he is probably key to it all (as well as the Crimea situation as I'm sure they were being strongarmed to force their hand, needing the natural gas from Rosatom) is simply inapplicable.

I think if there is going to be any culpability found (which to be honest I think very unlikely on this issue) it would fall upon the CFIUS.

edit on 23-6-2017 by alphabetaone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Re Mr. Giustra:

a reply to: MotherMayEye

I'm glad you brought him up:

Late on Sept. 6, 2005, a private plane carrying the Canadian mining financier Frank Giustra touched down in Almaty, a ruggedly picturesque city in southeast Kazakhstan. Several hundred miles to the west a fortune awaited: highly coveted deposits of uranium that could fuel nuclear reactors around the world. And Mr. Giustra was in hot pursuit of an exclusive deal to tap them.

Unlike more established competitors, Mr. Giustra was a newcomer to uranium mining in Kazakhstan, a former Soviet republic. But what his fledgling company lacked in experience, it made up for in connections. Accompanying Mr. Giustra on his luxuriously appointed MD-87 jet that day was a former president of the United States, Bill Clinton.
Within two days, corporate records show that Mr. Giustra also came up a winner when his company signed preliminary agreements giving it the right to buy into three uranium projects controlled by Kazakhstan’s state-owned uranium agency, Kazatomprom.

The monster deal stunned the mining industry, turning an unknown shell company into one of the world’s largest uranium producers in a transaction ultimately worth tens of millions of dollars to Mr. Giustra, analysts said.

Just months after the Kazakh pact was finalized, Mr. Clinton’s charitable foundation received its own windfall: a $31.3 million donation from Mr. Giustra that had remained a secret until he acknowledged it last month. The gift, combined with Mr. Giustra’s more recent and public pledge to give the William J. Clinton Foundation an additional $100 million, secured Mr. Giustra a place in Mr. Clinton’s inner circle, an exclusive club of wealthy entrepreneurs in which friendship with the former president has its privileges.

NY Times

Frank Giustra, Cairman (01-07) Endeavour Financial

And maybe another thread to tug on here:

Endeavour Financial @ offshoreleaks (Panama Papers databse)

And from Open Corporates:

Endeavour Financial Ltd.

Company Number
Status
Inactive Amalgamated
Incorporation Date
9 September 1997 (about 19 years ago)
Dissolution Date
10 November 2010
Company Type
Non-distributing corporation with 50 or fewer shareholders
Jurisdiction
Canada
Business Number
132936956RC0001
Registered Address

1700 PARK PLACE
666 BURRARD STREET
VANCOUVER
V6C 2X8
BC
CA

Governing Legislation

Canada Business Corporations Act - 1992-02-28

Previous Names

2800594 CANADA INC.
ENDEAVOUR FINANCIAL CORPORATION

Inactive Directors / Officers

BILL KOUTSOURAS, director
DOUGLAS J. BOWLBY, director

Registry Page
www.ic.gc.ca...

Endeavor Financial

And:

Fiore Management & Advisory Corp.

Company Number
Status
Active
Incorporation Date
17 November 2010 (almost 6 years ago)
Company Type
Non-distributing corporation with 50 or fewer shareholders
Jurisdiction
Canada
Business Number
132936956RC0002
Registered Address

666 BURRARD STREET
SUITE 1700, PARK PLACE
VANCOUVER
V6C 2X8
BC
CA

Governing Legislation

Canada Business Corporations Act - 2010-11-10

Previous Names

Endeavour Capital & Advisory (Canada) Ltd.
Endeavour Financial Ltd.
Endeavour Management Services (Canada) Ltd.

Directors / Officers

Gordon Keep, director

Fiore Management & Advisory Corp.

Just in case someone thinks this is not the same company:

The 57-year-old Giustra, who bears the haircut of Caesar, the stature of Napoleon, and was described to The Daily Caller as a “puppet-master,” has interests in a wide variety of industries — including the film industry and the olive oil business. But his main interest is in mining, and he has made millions investing in shell companies in the industry and turning them for massive profit. Technically, Giustra is the CEO of Fiore Financial, but he is heavily involved and invested in numerous companies, including Endeavour Financial, and its offshoot, the Cayman Islands-based Endeavour Mining.

/podesta-emails/emailid/529 - @ the leaky place.

Frank's entrepreneurial successes also include the founding of Lionsgate Entertainment, now one of the world's largest independent film companies.

LittleSis.org

When you expand the nodes on the bottom of this:

you get this:

Expand all the outside nodes and you get this:

One more expansion of all outside nodes on the last image and you get this:

This is a visual representation of how nested shell companies are structured.

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 12:01 AM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

Wow...really just wow.

Excellent work J&C!

Your ability to delve deep is a gift.

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Bumping this in light of Trumps tweet this morning.

Guessing we are about to have some new information regarding this coming out soon.

Anyone who thinks the deal to keep the uranium in the US was legit needs to read this thread.....complete lie and the ties to Clinton are ridiculously glaring.

Talk about Russian collusion...they own this uranium AND it is beingnshipped outside of the US...Brilliant work Obama, Hillary and Podesta...brilliant!

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Related to my previous post in the thread.

With Kazatomprom establishing a marketing arm in Europe in order to position itself as a swing uranium seller, we would expect to see less pressure on the spot price going forward. In addition, the reduction in the number of tons of uranium to be sold per year by the US DOE should also have a positive effect on the uranium spot price.

Marketwatch

And

Kazatomprom, the state-owned uranium producer and exporter, and Air Astana, the largest Central Asian carrier, are both working with banks to prepare flotations, four people involved in the processes told the Financial Times, as part of a long-term plan to sell off stakes in state assets worth about $70bn.

Both companies are preparing for listings in 2018, said Berik Beisengaliyev, managing director for asset optimisation at Kazakhstan’s sovereign wealth fund Samruk-Kazyna. He added that the sale processes could still be shelved if the market response was not satisfactory.

Air Astana, which is 49 per cent owned by BAE Systems and 51 per cent owned by Samruk-Kazyna, is widely viewed as the state’s most investor-friendly asset. It is scheduled to be listed on both the Astana and London stock exchanges in the third quarter of next year, with Kazatomprom to follow.

Financial Times

And

It is encouraging to see the priority that Cameco's team has given this project during challenging times,” Dasler said.

Hard times indeed, as top producers including Cameco itself have closed several mines in the wake of falling prices.

The situation briefly improved early this year, when the world’s largest uranium producer, Kazakhstan-based Kazatomprom, announced it was cutting output by 5.2 million pounds, equal to 3% of global production. The price rallied, hitting $26.75 a pound by mid-February.

But shortly after, Japanese utility TEPCO declared force majeure on a key uranium delivery contract from Cameco, dampening enthusiasm.

Russian state nuclear corporation Rosatom did little to buoy sentiment and early this month suspended its Mkuju River uranium project in Tanzania for at least three years due to depressed uranium market.

Mining.com

Looks like a few mining companies working together to drive the price per pound of uranium up.

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Here we are a month later and no word on the MSM about it.

Bet the Russian connections accusations against Trump cool off lest it backfires on the Clintons.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Hm, following up some more

JSC National Atomic Company ‘Kazatomprom’ and JSC ‘Uranium One Group’ (part of the State Atomic Corporation Rosatom’s international mining division Uranium One) signed a Memorandum of understanding and cooperation in the automation of industrial processes at joint Kazakh-Russian uranium mining enterprises at the International Specialized Exposition Astana EXPO-2017.

Kazatomprom and Uranium One expressed their mutual interest in the development and implementation of a unified approach to the automation of industrial, financial and management processes, and the implementation of the latest digital technologies in geological surveys and mining development operations.

rosatom.ru

Now aren't they just getting cozy?

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Hm, following up some more

JSC National Atomic Company ‘Kazatomprom’ and JSC ‘Uranium One Group’ (part of the State Atomic Corporation Rosatom’s international mining division Uranium One) signed a Memorandum of understanding and cooperation in the automation of industrial processes at joint Kazakh-Russian uranium mining enterprises at the International Specialized Exposition Astana EXPO-2017.

Kazatomprom and Uranium One expressed their mutual interest in the development and implementation of a unified approach to the automation of industrial, financial and management processes, and the implementation of the latest digital technologies in geological surveys and mining development operations.

rosatom.ru

Now aren't they just getting cozy?

Oh....it gets even better...so remember how the whole Uranium One distributing yellowcake outside of the US was unmasked...a Canadian firm having a 55 gallon drum of yellowcake exploding in their face?

Prior to Kazatomprom’s establishment, other arrangements pertained for uranium development. One of these was with Canada-based World-Wide Minerals Ltd (WWM), under a 1989 bilateral investment treaty between Canada and the USSR.*

Link

So it appears Russia IS getting US uranium via the Uranium One deal....

Anyone care to challenge?

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 03:21 PM
link   
I believe this thread is very pertinent to the latest update with the HR446 amendment directly referencing Uranium One.

Seems this may finally come out.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Since this is coming back around a bit, I figured everyone would like to reread about how Uranium One has indeed shipped outside the US. The incident report is confirmation and from the US and Canadian government sites and reports.

(post by samairakhan917 removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join