It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is going on in South Africa

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: 0racle

Thank you for your civility on this touchy subject. I learned a lot from you and Raxoxane. I think these kind of discussions help, but this thread is quickly going in a direction that perpetuates the problem.

I will not be participating in the thread any further.

(post by crazyewok removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: iTruthSeeker

The way you speak about this shows how actually out of touch you are with the supposed humanity you believe you represent.

Example:

Biology is just an average in this case. There are obviously those who score well above the "standard".

You're talking about decent human behavior as if it's some kind of score in a post-pluralist far-right racial meritocracy. Warning, the very same thinking can and will be used against you.

Biology has everything to do with it.

Proof you are wrong:

Any species with complex language, has the ability to think in abstract terms. This is a fact. They have the ability to codify morality and standards of human behavior that as a whole they will all agree upon. This is a fact.
The same is true of immoral behavior. Being able to think in abstract terms means they have the capacity to accept both moral and immoral behavior. Therefore they are just as capable of good as they are evil. It just depends what ideas their culture accepts and doesn't accept, NOT what is in their gene code.
edit on 16-6-2017 by 0racle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 12:13 PM
link   

You are flat out wrong to say biology plays no part in things. Contrary to popular belief , each race on this planet share major differences in biology, which gives each their own advantages and disadvantages in different areas. Blacks have a higher waist to hip ratio, making them (IN GENERAL) faster runners. Testosterone levels vary among races as well, and play major roles in athletics.

Whites are somewhere in the middle, while Asians are superior (in general) when it comes to average intellect. There is nothing wrong with any of this per say, but it does have an effect on general behavior and accomplishments in a given field or overall success. Stereotypes are there because there is some truth to them.

When a body is found at a scene of a death that is so decayed to the point of just bones, they can tell the race of the person because of these biological differences. Jaw structures, cranial structure, etc.

There is nothing racist about it. We are all different in our own ways. Until we realize our differences, nothing will ever change.

By people saying we are all the same, is no different than saying cats and dogs are the same, no they are not!

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: iTruthSeeker
Testosterone levels vary among races as well, and play major roles in athletics.

Quoted for emphasis as levels in hormone can affect behaviour.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

Testosterone levels vary among races as well, and play major roles in athletics.

Very true.. Higher testosterone levels also play a huge role on impulse control.
To deny that we are different is lunacy. Every single race have differences between each other.

edit on 16-6-2017 by iTruthSeeker because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-6-2017 by iTruthSeeker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 12:25 PM
link   
I cannot count how many times I watch that show "the first 48" and the suspect says "man I dunno why I did it, I just snapped".. That is a biological difference. Reasoning skills, to think about consequences..

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn

As far as Africa is concerned. It is a continent. It is made up of 54 to 56 countries. Your idea that all of Africa is jungle, shanties, shacks, and naked people is completely distorted and false. I know you won't believe this but all Africans are not poor.

Name one Sub Saharan African nation in which is a developed nation where the MAJORITY not a MINORITY are rich.
Name one Sub Saharan African Country that has stable Human rights and freedom?

I get what You're saying, but... You did not word that sufficiently for maximum comprehension efficiency. Here, let me pretend to be some random poster who waltzes in here and reads your post, and then, we'll spice it up a bit, and also pretend that this random person decides to reply to your post. Here is an example of what such a post may look like: (remember, everything I've said before this message contained within parenthases, is Not a part of my hypothetical reply
)

Well, Gee, crazyewok, I'm not sure I could name Any country, in Any sub-continental or other region of the world, where its the majority which is wealthy, with a small elite contingent of lower class poor people! Does such a nation truly exist, crazyewok? Please, take us to this magical land! I'll bet you it's the poor elite who are the rulers, due to everyone's admiration for their humble ways which lead to wisdom!

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

I spoke of we, as we. All of us. Humankind. And yes, we are all responsible for our own bigotries and prejudices, whether we act on them directly, or sit back and accept them from others. And yes, we all have to be proactive to change this around.

I understood what you were saying perfectly well. I just fundamentally disagree that a whole ethnic groups should be held responsible for the actions of individuals of the same ethnicity. Guilt by association again. It's dangerous.

Of course you see me as the antagonist, I expected no less when I decided to speak up in this thread. We humans have been conditioned to believe that anyone that does not think they way we do, or agree with us, is the enemy. What is the saying? "You are either with us, or you are against us." Doesn't allow room for much progress does it?

I respect you for coming here and appreciate you sharing your views. I just think you need to think more carefully about the implications of the rhetoric you use.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Are you kidding? "Can effect"?

Our hormones are our true puppetmasters! They all but 100% directly control our every action.

(post by iTruthSeeker removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Hormones influence behaviour, no one denies that.

But there is no equivalence between a persons hormones and a persons moral compass.

Hormonal homeostasis is far more volatile than your sense of morality.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Why are you talking about kids? Obviously children have more difficult controlling their hormonal impulses, they are kids!

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Thread closed for a few minutes to allow members to read the following:

The END of Hate Speech, subtle or otherwise, on ATS
**ALL MEMBERS** The recent surge in Hatred, Racism, and Sheer Stupidity STOPS NOW

You are responsible for your own posts.....those who ignore that responsibility will face mod actions.

edit on Fri Jun 16 2017 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

REOPENED

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!
edit on Fri Jun 16 2017 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 01:23 PM
link   

The fact of the matter is, that there is a serious issue in the Black communities that needs to be addressed. I wont go into causes or any science behind it as I do enjoy being a member here. But the more that people turn a blind eye, the worse the problem becomes. It is too bad that what was once deemed common scientific knowledge is now considered witchcraft.

I think it's good to share views that are considered contraversial openly, because it gives people an oppertunity to respond. But if you want to be a member here and you have views not tolerated by the site, I suggest instead of representing those views as you own belief, you represent them as "some people believe...". This is actually a good excersive in training yourself to think objectively, and it's how we should all ideally be discuss contraversial subjects, especilly social sciences. Unfortunately these days people want strong opinions, and media are all to happy to serve them as it gets more clicks and views. Eventually being rational will be radical again, as it was pre-enlightenment... after a dark age.

I digress.

You said:

You are flat out wrong to say biology plays no part in things. Contrary to popular belief , each race on this planet share major differences in biology, which gives each their own advantages and disadvantages in different areas. Blacks have a higher waist to hip ratio, making them (IN GENERAL) faster runners. Testosterone levels vary among races as well, and play major roles in athletics.

This has nothing to do with moral discipline.

Whites are somewhere in the middle, while Asians are superior (in general) when it comes to average intellect. There is nothing wrong with any of this per say, but it does have an effect on general behavior.

This could be due to cultural differences. There is ZERO evidence for a limiting factor in terms of intillectual capacity that is determined by ethnicity or race. If that were true, there would be no white people whose can compete in intelligence tests with the most intelligent asians.

Stereotypes are there because there is some truth to them.

Of course, when it comes to culture, but culture and ethnicity and not co-dependent.

Nothing in anyones biology determines moral discipline.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: 0racle

Hormones influence behaviour, no one denies that.

But there is no equivalence between a persons hormones and a persons moral compass.

Hormonal homeostasis is far more volatile than your sense of morality.

No your right.

Which is why (and rightfully so) that hormone imbalances dont constitute a insanity plea in court.

But they do make tempers and emotions harder to control.

I know one guy (white) who had a testosterone imbalance and though a nice guy had a short temper.

Black, white, Japanese or jewish we are all capable of morality and being good people.
But some people do struggle if they have certain hormone or neurotransmitter problems.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: 0racle

This could be due to cultural differences. There is ZERO evidence for a limiting factor in terms of intillectual capacity that is determined by ethnicity or race. If that were true, there would be no white people whose can compete in intelligence tests with the most intelligent asians.

Bell curves my friend.

Its a part of continuous variation.

Take height. On average Blacks are taller than whites or Asians. BUT there are outlayers at either end, for example myself at 6ft 2 was a giant when in japan but I did meet one or two Japanese who equaled or surpassed my height.

Race doesn't provide a clean cut when it comes diffrences. We are all human and so there is much overlay with each race as we all share more in common than not.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Its strange that the conversation has taken this turn, as I was just talking to a friend about how odd it is, if you think about it sensibly, that the hotter the country the shorter the tempers. For example everyone knows the sayings about Latinos and their hot tempers. Then the further north we get say Norway Sweden we get very laid back people.

Far more wars and rebellions in the hot countries than the cold. Sommat to think about I suppose...guess being hot 24/7 does make you a bit crabby! lol

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Actually the idea that testosterone causes aggressive behavior has been debunked.

New scientific evidence refutes the preconception that testosterone causes aggressive, egocentric, and risky behavior. A study with more than 120 experimental subjects has shown that the sexual hormone with the poor reputation can encourage fair behaviors if this serves to ensure one's own status.

www.sciencedaily.com...

My argument remains that moral discipline is what determines how much and what impact you allow hormones to have.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Bell curves my friend.

My main point was to do with intellectual differences being determined by culture. I'm not talking about physical differences.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join