It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is going on in South Africa

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 08:55 AM
link   
This thread is extremely telling. There is another thread that is popular right now titled, "Where Are We Going With This?", maybe this thread is the answer to that question.

Since what I am hearing from the majority of the posters here seems to echo what the Black Africans were saying years ago, when they were the ones being slaughter, that this may be a good place for a coming together.

It should be easier to work together when both sides have experienced the same pain, but it never is, is it? That is because we are selfish people, and we only see the wrongs done to us. We only care about our own pain and lost. It is the reason why we will always be at war with someone. Because you did it to me, so now I have to do it to you.

South Africa is amazing. It seems to be the only place were they have no go zones and it is accepted as fact. Too bad there are no Islamist there, then this thread would be lit up with folks pointing out the wrongness of most of these post. But is not about religion, it is about color. Black Africans against White Africans, so all the veiled and not so veiled racism is allowed to flow free.

Yeah. My post is the one that most of you were waiting for. The one calling you out as the racist that you claim not to be. But we both know better. You don't need me to tell you, you know what you are.

Whoops! My mistake. You are not racist, you are just justifiable haters of injustice, killing, and land grabbing, but only when you are on the receiving end, and you have history to prove you are the rightful owners, because things were perfect when there was apartheid and slavery, and you were the lords and masters.

Hopefully one day we will stop winding the clock and allow the pendulum to remain still. Maybe then we stand a chance at putting this insanity behind us.

edit on 16-6-2017 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: Word edit.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 09:06 AM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

My children and grandchildren had nothing to do with apartheid,and my family were poor whites under apartheid,we benefited not one ounce.Don't you Dare make out like I am the racist one because I worry about my kids and grandkids being slaughtered for being white! And under apartheid,blacks were not slaughtered and tortured to death by the thousands,like what has been happening to white farmers and citizens in general past 2 decades here.Also,when the whites landed here,there were only the KhoiSan/Bushmen,the black tribes themselves came down into South Africa,settlers themselves! If anyone should be slaughtering folks for taking their lands it should be the descendants of the KhoiSan,murdering whites AND blacks.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 09:14 AM
link   

PLEASE READ!!!

All rules for polite debate will be enforced.
**ALL MEMBERS** The recent surge in Hatred, Racism, and Sheer Stupidity STOPS NOW

The END of Hate Speech, subtle or otherwise, on ATS

Community Announcement re: Decorum

You are responsible for your own posts.....those who ignore that responsibility will face mod actions.

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 09:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Raxoxane

I did not identify anyone specifically as a racist. I said you know who you are, but I am willing to admit that your fierce rebuttal does make me a bit suspicious. I see where you are concerned for your family. I am sure others are concerned for their family as well.

See, that is were the problems lies. People are hyper aware of their own fears, needs, and their losses, because it affects them on a personal level. They can see the wrong they feel has been done to them, or may be done to them, but are blind to how it affects others, and most of the time, they just don't care. It is what makes all their actions right, and the other guy is just plain wrong.

There is no hope for a fix if right is only right when it affects you the way you want it to be, and wrong is when the other guy has things the way he wants it to be. There is no hope for a fix, as long as compromise is believed to be a failed concept and a dirty word.

edit on 16-6-2017 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Black Africans against White Africans, so all the veiled and not so veiled racism is allowed to flow free. Yeah. My post is the one that most of you were waiting for. The one calling you out as the racist that you claim not to be. But we both know better. You don't need me to tell you, you know what you are.

I starred your post because I agree with this 100%. There is outright racism on both sides and it's not okay, it just fuels more violence.

People in this thread talking about biochemical problems in the brains of black people leading to aggression and violent behavior is exactly the kind of thing that stirs up racial hatred and violence in the first place. Complete stupidity.

Yes, there are problems in certain cultures, both black and white, that makes people act in truly despicable ways. But, I come at this from a more psycho-spiritual / political perspective. I don't believe violence is natural homo sapiens, black or white.

But when you have certain people with political agendas, they will take out whoever stands in their way, to gain more power for their ego. They use indoctrination to turn neighbor against neighbor.

If you take away the brainwashing and indoctrination by power hungry individuals, neighbors will get along with each other fine, regardless of race or religion. You can find examples of this anywhere in the world.

That said, the levels of indoctrination against white people in South Africa, and frighteningly more so around the world, is reaching fever pitch, and we need to start raising awareness before it's too late... Genocide is the most disgusting thing... and it's what all people and tribes fear most.

There should be ZERO tolerance for people who say things like "you reap what you sow", "guilt by association", "they deserve it", "it's not their land anyway", "theyre an evil race who need to be exterminated".

And to people who say "oh youre only speaking out against this genocide because it's against white people and you're white". Are you seriously suggesting it's politically incorrect to speak about genocide that happens to people of your own race?
edit on 16-6-2017 by 0racle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: 0racle

God, they are going to massacre the remaining white population.

These people are just rehatching the age old idea of promising land redistribution to landless peasants.

South Africa has the carry over from its past, but the owners arent the poor local whites. Its internarional corporations that own mines, factories and such on those lands that are protected by Mandelas mostly black government.

Coruption is a big factor.

(post by crazyewok removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 10:04 AM
link   

My fierce rebuttal is because over the years on this site,whenever the subject of the plight of white South Africans come up,there are members who seem to infer we all had it coming,not you but others in the past.Because of Apartheid.

I can not describe in human words the despair that i feel as a mother and grandmother,and as a person who has never been racist,and never benefited from Apartheid.I always had coloured friends,even back then,when my country was a powderkeg back in the 80's,i had trouble with cops for going out with my coloured friends.One of my dearest friends of my life is a black lady,she spent last Christmas with us here.I have always been a regular blue collar worker from the backstreets.So you need not have suspicion that i am racist,i am not.I really just feel anger and despair for what may well be the fate of my children and grandchildren.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

I am hoping that if that ever starts happening,that Russia will intervene and rescue the whites.We are part of the BRICS nations,so there's a slim chance.Ctulhu knows no other country will likely lift a finger.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Are you seriously suggesting it's politically incorrect to speak about genocide that happens to people of your own race?

No.

Politically correct is a lie, It is like putting whitewash on a rotten fence.

What I am saying is that there is nasty history on all sides, but we fail to learn by our mistakes. When we fertilize the seeds of the mistakes done to us, and neglect the seeds of the mistakes we have made, we end up with a garden filled with weeds and nettles. A soul nourished by bitter weeds and poison is a sick dying soul.

Throughout history peoples have tried to solve their problems by killing each other. The idea that Utopia lies in a land where everyone that does not look like me, or thinks like me is eradicated, is Hell beyond all imagining. The belief that heaven is a world made up of people of only one color, that all think the same, is pure insanity, and is sure to be short lived. As soon a child is born with brown eyes, the battles will start again.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Raxoxane
I understand your fears. I have a Heinz 57 family and I can't imagine my family without any of them.

I know how your heart breaks because mine does too whenever I hear people automatically label one of my family based solely on the pigmentation of their skin. I have family members where siblings, because one is lighter in complexion than her sister, one is treated with suspicion and disdain, while the other is accepted. This happens on both ends of the spectrum. Both are beautiful girls, both graduated with honors, both give back unselfishly to their communities, but just shopping together has proven that our world is ridiculously broken.

Racism is just a tool they have taught us to use that keeps us from ever becoming the great people and world we are supposed to be. As long as we think that our wants and needs supersedes the wants and needs of others, we are doomed to continue this continuous war against each other.

It is like cutting down an acacia tree. For every one you cut down 10 + more spring up. We can't undo the past. We can learn from and work together to do better.

I know that some people are so angry and so mired in their beliefs about race, superiority, and their own sense of right and wrong that nothing I say will change that. I hope that they will see that they have been lied to and used, and I hope they realize that before they kill each other off, and take too many good people with them.

edit on 16-6-2017 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: MysticPearl
a reply to: DerekJR321

I'm curious in thinking about this and Africa in general, and I don't mean this in a racist way at all, just an observation, but it seems currently when looking around the world there's a direct connection between how dark a nation's skin color is and the brutality and mayhem going on in those nations.

Most brutal nations? Most think Africa, all over Africa, dozens of countries. Next up would be the Middle East. After that you're likely looking towards parts South America although a country like Jamaica can be brutal too. You don't see this kind of thing in the US, in Canada, in Europe or in most parts of Asia. Sure there's crime and murder and rape but it's not 3rd world borderline war zones where you can't leave your house out of fear.

We keep hearing here how the white man is to blame for all of the African American problems. Then why when I look at Africa where in many nations its the majority who are black, with black leaders, is there rampant racism, genocide, mass torture, mass rape, mass murder while their economies only get worse, education only gets worse, there's no real inventions or products of academia coming from there and their societies at best are standing pat but many places getting worse?

After reading the OP I started reading about the genocide in South Africa. It's horrible. Farmers and whites in general aren't just getting targeted all over the place, they're getting tortured and butchered. There's political leaders there with the goal of ridding South Africa of all whites within 5 years. But again, you see the rape, the genocide, the torture, all over Africa, Rwanda, Somalia, Congo, South Sudan, CAF, etc. It's just.....completely uncivilized.

It is not racist. That is just how these people behave "overall". When we think of the cities in the U.S. with the highest crime, they are all populated by the same people. Basically the whole racism myth is debunked when they behave this way everywhere.

Maybe, just MAYBE the reason SOME people are "racist" or prejudice is the very fact of HOW many of them act as a whole..
edit on 16-6-2017 by iTruthSeeker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 11:23 AM
link   
To be clear, I was not addressing those final points at you, but to those in this debate who hold such views.

What I am saying is that there is nasty history on all sides, but we fail to learn by our mistakes. When we fertilize the seeds of the mistakes done to us, and neglect the seeds of the mistakes we have made, we end up with a garden filled with weeds and nettles. A soul nourished by bitter weeds and poison is a sick dying soul.

Why are you saying we? Why are you placing the blame for these issues on an entire race? This is exactly the argument that is used to sow the seeds of division. You talk about not fertilizing seeds of hate, but whether you realize it or not you are doing the exact same thing.
You are essentially arguing for "guilt by association".

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: iTruthSeeker

t is not racist. That is just how these people behave "overall". When we think of the cities in the U.S. with the highest crime, they are all populated by the same people. Basically the whole racism myth is debunked when they behave this way everywhere. Maybe, just MAYBE the reason SOME people are "racist" or prejudice is the very fact of HOW many of them act as a whole..

You want to judge a people based on how they behave over all, yet you only comment on the tiny percentage of those people that share a complexion, based on those that live in a tiny microcosm of the United States.

I work in that tiny microcosm in my area and I can assure you that while there are some that may fit your description in those areas, even there they are the minority. A loud, deadly minority, but still a minority.

As far as Africa is concerned. It is a continent. It is made up of 54 to 56 countries. Your idea that all of Africa is jungle, shanties, shacks, and naked people is completely distorted and false. I know you won't believe this but all Africans are not poor.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Maybe, just MAYBE the reason SOME people are "racist" or prejudice is the very fact of HOW many of them act as a whole..

I completely disagree. The reason people are racists is because they are irrationally assuming that the basis for the despicable behavior they see in other cultures is due to some biology difference between themselves and those people.

The difference between despicable and civilized behavior is mentality not biology.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn

t is not racist. That is just how these people behave "overall". When we think of the cities in the U.S. with the highest crime, they are all populated by the same people. Basically the whole racism myth is debunked when they behave this way everywhere. Maybe, just MAYBE the reason SOME people are "racist" or prejudice is the very fact of HOW many of them act as a whole..

You want to judge a people based on how they behave over all, yet you only comment on the tiny percentage of those people that share a complexion, based on those that live in a tiny microcosm of the United States.

I work in that tiny microcosm in my area and I can assure you that while there are some that may fit your description in those areas, even there they are the minority. A loud, deadly minority, but still a minority.

As far as Africa is concerned. It is a continent. It is made up of 54 to 56 countries. Your idea that all of Africa is jungle, shanties, shacks, and naked people is completely distorted and false. I know you won't believe this but all Africans are not poor.

I am not judging anyone on a personal level. And obviously the whole of Africa is not mud huts and spears. I am talking about areas where there is high concentrations of these people. And yes, there are many who are perfectly normal and functional and see past the BS as far as the whole "White man keeping them down".

Once in awhile I like to listen to Youtube channels by Tommy Sotomayor, and another called The doctor of common sense, etc. They are Black guys who I would be happy to have as a neighbor or friend. I was referring to the "masses" as far as the thought process that many have been indoctrinated into.

The fact of the matter is, that there is a serious issue in the Black communities that needs to be addressed. I wont go into causes or any science behind it as I do enjoy being a member here. But the more that people turn a blind eye, the worse the problem becomes. It is too bad that what was once deemed common scientific knowledge is now considered witchcraft.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn

Name one Sub Saharan African nation in which is a developed nation where the MAJORITY not a MINORITY are rich.
Name one Sub Saharan African Country that has stable Human rights and freedom?

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 11:43 AM
link   

You completely lost me.

I never said all White or all Black people in my post.

I spoke of we, as we. All of us. Humankind. And yes, we are all responsible for our own bigotries and prejudices, whether we act on them directly, or sit back and accept them from others. And yes, we all have to be proactive to change this around.

Of course you see me as the antagonist, I expected no less when I decided to speak up in this thread. We humans have been conditioned to believe that anyone that does not think they way we do, or agree with us, is the enemy. What is the saying? "You are either with us, or you are against us." Doesn't allow room for much progress does it?

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: 0racle

I completely disagree. The reason people are racists is because they are irrationally assuming that the basis for the despicable behavior they see in other cultures is due to some biology difference between themselves and those people.

The difference between despicable and civilized behavior is mentality not biology.

You are wrong. Biology has everything to do with it. That is the part that is deemed a no no to speak about. Biology is just an average in this case. There are obviously those who score well above the "standard".

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

What has this got to do with race?

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join