It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: House Majority Whip Steve Scalise, multiple aides shot at Congressional baseball practice

page: 70
<< 67  68  69    71  72  73 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 11:29 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

So two hours of googling and you came up with abortion killers?

I don't recall anyone on Fox, or Breitbart or even alt media's like Rush limbaugh or alex jones celebrating these attacks.

In fact, your article cites people like Huckabee calling this man a disgusting terrorist.

Yet I have pointed out a couple of media people that already have attempted to belittle todays shooting or justify this man.

How about Jesse Benn from HuffPo that said in response to the shooting, "For violent resistance to work it'd need to be organized. Individual acts can be understandable, but likely counterproductive/ineffective.".

See the problem is that this nut wasn't more organized, but he "understands" his act.

Again, I am willing to call out all sides on their violence and advocacy of it.

But why are you so eager to be blind to what is obvious, that the majority of this (at least from people that have power like media and politicians) is coming from the left.

edit on 14-6-2017 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 11:35 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

I think that anger is justified. But I tend to get irritated a lot lately. Be it an attack in Manchester, the killings in Egypt, and now this terrorism here in the states.

It appears that many have condemned the act, but still defend and justify the ideology that fueled the act.

It's frustrating.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 12:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: odinsway
So now liberals openly ask us if we are Conservative "Republican" then open fire? ????? The civil war is on. It's about time Conservatives wake up and realize liberals want us dead...they want our kids dead...they want to erase any memory of our belief system. We lose this battle we lose the future and effectively enslave mankind to liberal philosophy

This is one of the single dumbest comments I have ever read. Not just on this website. Anywhere. Ever.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 12:07 AM
link   
a reply to: jjkenobi
Ya its bizarre. Heard this story on the radio in the morning, first they said he was apprehended, and in custody, now I think he is dead, and also some 60 year old or something.

But really a baseball field? And 50 to 100 shoots? With a blindfold on and aiming in the general direction, that would be at least 10 or so dead in such a wide open clear area. Without a blindfold and even if the 60 yr old is loosing his sight, if he had the time to shoot that many shoots, well. And if there was any training at all, there would be a lot of dead people at that gathering, even with a bolt action rifle like in the wild west, at the very least the first few shots would have been kill shots, and before the police/guards came to and everybody swarmed everywhere.

I am not sure if this qualifies as news. Logic dictates it is to preposterous to be true, how the hell does one take 100 shoots in a clear field and completely and utterly miss so much, can it even happen? I have only heard of such things or in the movies or something. But hey stranger things have happened, maybe the 50 to 100 shots are in total ie from the police/body guards as well firing back, not just from one loan gunman, and if it was a bolt action long gun as they say, or even a 12 bullet clip AK or whatever, what the hell he must have been carrying a sack full of bullets around with him while hiding running around and shooting. A 60 year old would likely get tired from of carrying all that around. And if he had something that could fire that many rounds in a minute, there would have been bodies everywhere.

I will likely forget about this story in a few hours, but who knows what it will be by tomorrows news. These news channels disappoint, they need to start getting there facts and interests straight before pronouncing anything. That why the official word was invented, I mean how else are people supposed to believe such outlandish tales otherwise? The facts off course do not necessarily matter all that much, it need not even make sense in most cases, as the average human attention span is short, but it does need seem like it makes sense. There is none of that in this so far.

Here is hoping tomorrow it will make a bit more sense, but by then, I am sure the majority of people will forget about it.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 12:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

no the two hours of googling was trying to track down the stories you didn't bother to provide any links for...
the abortion story was easy....
here's an other interesting article I ran across...

www.pubtheo.com...

But why are you so eager to be blind to what is obvious, that the majority of this (at least from people that have power like media and politicians) is coming from the left.

because, it isn't that obvious to me???
I don't do twitter, so I don't see the posts on the danged thing. I don't really think of it as a significant venue to get one's point across. I'm more into article and videos... and well, spend time on ATS... I've been a member of ATS longer than you have and while the right here are griping about all the hatred from the left... well, I've had my share of hatred from the right right here on ATS. I've clicked their links, and looked deeper into the claims made on those links and more often than not, found them to be much similar to the link you gave to the cnn story...ya know the nice long biography with just one short paragraph of the scandal involving the kkk guy?? or the mayor of london who was only trying to tell the people that they should be concerned ABOUT THE INCREASED SECURITY IN THE CITY THAT WAS THERE TO PROTECT THEM!!! there were so many of them that weren't really that truthful, I have to wonder, do yous check and see how much validity there is in them, or do yous just go along with whatever is said.
and I've read the posts on just this thread....
one guy was complaining about how obama made it so hard for him to get a job... and thought it was oh so rude that someone spoke up and said that it must be his fault since there was plenty of jobs where he was at and he could land three easily!! well, gee, I am here, I am disable, I was on these forums while I was watching my problem intensify, unable to afford to get healthcare, heck, spend time with my leg in a splint after my bones cracked and broke going nuts trying to find a surgeon to fix the problem, and well,..... you think for one m inute I got any sympathy from most of the right on these boards? heck even recently, here I am over 50, recently had to get a cellphone, know why??? because I don't like finding myself in a store needing help just to get my groceries into the shopping cart and then into my trunk!!! and no one wants to go to the grocery store with me... with the cellphone, I can order my groceries online, and walmart will gather them up and bring them out to the car for me, but I need a cellphone!!! and yet, gee, it perfectly reasonable for some of the conservatives to tell me how easy it would be to get a job, that there was no reason for me to draw disability, blah, blah! just don't tell them how easy it would be for them to get a job!!! no that's just too unreasonable...
and then there the ones practically calling for the extinction of the evil liberals..... right here, on this thread, that is complaining about all those hate filled liberals.....
how many of the liberals have you seen saying we should just round up all the conservatives, send them to guatanimo or kill them or whatever???

no, I will meet you halfway... those twitter twits that you referenced are idiots... but, I'm not gonna accept that it's the liberals that are mostly to blame for this mess... be they the average people on the street, the media or the politicians. both sides are playing a nasty game and not really caring who is hurt because of their words or actions!

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 12:21 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

What does the fact you have been on ATS longer than me have anything to do with what we are discussing.

As for this thread, yes there have been extreme comments from both sides. But nothing compares to the five or six posters justifying what this man did, or recommending other targets, etc. Again, this pales in comparison the actual violence we see oon the left, and the media and politicians defense of it.

I feel like I have provided a decent amount of evidence that there is currently more advocating of violence coming from the left.

I guess I don't care if you want to ignore that, so long as you are willing to denounce this idiocy when you see it, which you have with the reporters I posted.

At least we can agree on that.
edit on 15-6-2017 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 12:24 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 12:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: [post=22349448]
This country is #ing devolving.

Confirmed via MSNBC/CNN

Yep. And Trump missed a great opportunity to be a real leader here at this moment.

Not looking too good these days.

No one is speaking to and for the whole country.

And now CNN is breathlessly reporting on Mueller's investigation.

Meanwhile the assassination play goes on in Central Park.

Strange times.

That Clinton and Obama and the Dems are kind of loving it, is a little disturbing, imho.

It's really getting bad, almost like we're watching the end of American history at some level.

The country is so divided.

Wolf Blitzer sure didn't handle his reporting very well.

Something really stinks to high heaven.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 12:29 AM
link   
a reply to: thack

no, just pointing out that we BOTH have been here long enough to know how insensitive people can be on these boards...
from both sides....

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 12:31 AM
link   
er.. maybe it's just my feet after a long hard day. Carry on..

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 12:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Kettu

Perhaps you could explain why all these so-called "hypothetical explanations" from the left all seem to defend the attack in some way? Why don't any of these hypothetical explanations condemn the act as party line rhetoric gone too far?

I don't buy the whole hypothetical bit anyway. You can call it hypothetical all day long. Its still sounds like you are justifying or minimizing the act. A liberal targeted and shot conservatives. It is what it is.
edit on 15-6-2017 by Vroomfondel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 12:48 AM
link   
a reply to: galadofwarthethird

I was wondering about that as well. My initial reaction was that the guy sure was a poor shot. Thankfully, in this case.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 01:21 AM
link   
GOOD FOR CHRIS! All of us should take note. (But please practice...so you don't miss the person threatening your life!)

""You look at the vulnerability, I can assure you from this day forward, I have a carry permit, I will be carrying when I'm out and about," Rep. Chris Collins (R-NY), a close ally of President Trump in Congress, said in an interview with WKBW.""

www.msn.com...

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 01:28 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 02:46 AM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

Been watching and reading about this since mid-afternoon, when I first heard about it. Commenting before reading the thread, so if something is said that already has been, well. great minds, and all that.

The timing of this is no accident. After tons of violent "rhetoric" from many celebs, and threats from antifa types, we not have very real, very directed violence, not against just citizens, but against members of Congress. Of course, right on cue, liberal talking heads are claiming that guns re the problem. The whole thing is beyond disgusting.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 02:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: IAMTAT
Gunman was said to have a long rifle. Sniper?

Long rifle or long gun can refer to a wide variety of firearms.

I first heard that said by the coroner at sandy hook. What sort of firearms is it referring to?

thanks

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 02:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Azureblue

Reported to be an AR 15 or some similiar type of rifle.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 03:09 AM
link   
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

Trump's birthday.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 03:26 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 04:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: VenatiusFortunatus
Ok, let me see if I have it right ; it's a well known event , the players have on "Republican." sweatshirts, and the shooter asks if they are Reps or Dems. Yet he has two guns, ammo, and is a calm player when TSHTF. Planning , yet isn't sure who's on first .

It begs the question, did he want to be seen as a crazy lefty on a Rep killing spree ? Why ? And why zero dead ? ( a poor shot , or a really good one ? )

Who gets the payoff here.?

I see a valid avenue of inquiry.?

Is the ghost of McCarthy back ?
Do we have a new pinko commie bogyman now that. ISIS is sliding into irreverence.?

Hmmmmmmmm.

VF

What happened is scalise had his security detail with him. When he shot him his security responded. Turns out that I think the shooter wasn't expecting people to be armed.

By the way was watching MSN a guest actually blamed Kathy and her pic.
edit on 6/15/17 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 67  68  69    71  72  73 >>

join