It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: House Majority Whip Steve Scalise, multiple aides shot at Congressional baseball practice

page: 68
<< 65  66  67    69  70  71 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Another attempt against the US and against the 2nd amendment by a desperate cabal of foreign-EU bankers.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 10:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Trying to reason with terrorist sympathyzers.

I mean to come into a thread about people getting shot and deflecting and to blame everyone the guy hated, and steampile on for pages about how awful his targets are while refusing to acknowledge any role at all by his team the past 5 years.

While of course no way the MSM constantly harping about stuff Trump said a year ago, that is after originally blowing it all way out of proportion after they had twisted his words way out of context and beyond the scope half the time, and then the terrorist sympathyzers spin it as if all the violence last year (which by the way wasnt even just limited to Trump rallies or post election results) was all justified and therefore so is what hppened today.

What else besides terrorist sympathyzing could that even be called?

I dont even expect them to come and and virtue signal how bad the person was. But to come in and stick up for his logic is in actuality virtue signalling that he did the right thing.

This violence has to stop. And comparing the last 30 years of partisan bickering doesnt even speak to this. The violence has been increasongly oozing from the left, and instead of smear the perps they defend them. Then when people retaliate they go see see SEE. Then next week leftist mobs do the next round the online leftists defend them. And the next week. And the next week. And the next week.
edit on 14-6-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 10:06 PM
link   
This is such a sad and lonely time we live in. Sad because in every city and on every day, hate fills the air. People are flooded with fear and ignorance. Voices of reason are overshadowed by speeches of foul and hatred. Loneliness is what lies in a house divided. Our house is our country and our lines can't be crossed in good deeds and tolerance. Tolerance itself is an obsolete word in today's world.

This morning, violence was placed upon citizens of this country based on what appears to be an intolerance of political ideologies. Intolerance has replaced tolerance. Divided has replaced United. Loneliness has replaced comradery. On television, social media, main stream media and Office cubicles across the country people have been digging in and fortifying their own political ideology. Before the blood could be cleaned up and next of kin notified of the tragedy that had bestricken them, vast swarms of Americans instantly began pointing fingers and placing blame.

Not on one man, but on every man and woman and child that that one man represented. Whether they chose to allow that man to represent them or not, they were already put to the stake of blame. Their was no search for peace. Their was no finding of facts. Before official reports were given, the wounded had already lost any chance at gaining sympathy and the heroes had already been pushed aside. The political punches were already being thrown like a street brawl in England as soccer foes collided.

Temperance was discarded. Understanding undervalued. Truth dismissed. It was only "Left vs Right". To try and point that out here is probably just about as useless as it is anywhere else in today's knee-jerk society. I came here today hoping for facts and non-partisan dialogue. But like everyelse on the internet, the hate spews. Enemies pre-designated. Alliances sought out to push theories and agendas that fail to exist.

This is not a problem unique to ATS. It's a systemic plague that suffocates an entire civilization that goes beyond our own borders. It is the plague of our time. It doesn't come in the form of a virus or a bacteria. It comes in the form of political and ideological intolerance by both sides of many spectrums.

Republican and democrat. Liberal and conservative. Christian and Muslim. Black and white. West and East. Them and us. The more divided we become, the lonelier it will be. To seek out a light in this dark hole we've dug ourselves into is to go against the grain. Not just one grain, but all grains that are formed by the winds of our time. To go against the grain means to separate yourself from that which you know and comforts you. But deep down, you know that comfort only keeps you hidden from the struggle that surrounds us all.

Be the light in the dark hole. Be the grain that changes the fields of today by planting better seeds for tomorrow. Practice, preach and demonstrate tolerance and love to those you love and even those you hate. Be the better person, lead by example. Do not go blindly into the intolerant roads that lie before ALL of us.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 10:06 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Too many here, even now are justifying the shooters actions either directly or indirectly.

Have you noticed that?

Yes. I ignore them.

In another thread someone just told me to shut up and I shouldn't be pissed off because we brought this on ourselves.

Search your thoughts... is it possible they are in part correct?

If so, correct yourself.

If not, ignore them.

I ignore them.

I can't "come together" with people that would champion my death. I wouldn't do it with ISIS. Why would I do it with people who have the same standards?

I despise that term "come together." It's meaningless drivel, and often code for "agree with me."

I am not saying you should bend your ideals. On the contrary, embrace them! As you should know, I agree with your position more often than not. But while embracing them, make sure your ideals are not expressed in a way so as to increase tension, and be as willing to listen to the other side as you want them to listen to yours.

That's all I am saying.

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 10:09 PM
link   
AJ was on fire today, it's ironic how you need someone outrageous to point out the obvious.

edit on 14-6-2017 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Has anyone heard a reason the shooter was allegedly in Virginia for the past three months? And my pop said he heard the Alexandria Mayor stating he knew the perp?

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 10:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

originally posted by: spiritualzombie

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: spiritualzombie

Did you, or did you not, type this just a few minutes ago?

Yeah its both sides... the people who scream for torture and the ones who point out torture is illegal and unethical. The people who scream for walls and deportation and those awful people suggesting empathy and some kind of path for citizenship... those awesome people who elect a guy who brags about sexual assault and openly calls on Russia to help him win an election and the terrible people who say, wait no that's wrong. Both sides equally terrible, or so I hear.

I call that ignoring the behavior of some of the folks who are, supposedly, on your side of the issues...

False equivalent. All of those things I described-- deportations, border walls, ending people's healthcare-- these issues are worthy of protest.

Perhaps better leadership would quell the civil unrest.

Again, you exhibit the exact same type of thinking the shooter did.

You liken policy positions to people being bad people. You are comparing these positions with violence.

This is one step away from stopping the violent policy psotions with violence.

This is the type of thing that scares me.

Wait, so good people support horrible policy?

Does that mean that Hitler might not actually be the terrible person I believe he was?

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 10:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

What does Jones suggest as a solution to this insanity?

Something has to be done, the libs are wrecking this country with their foolishness.

link   

originally posted by: The GUT
Has anyone heard a reason the shooter was allegedly in Virginia for the past three months? And my pop said he heard the Alexandria Mayor stating he knew the perp?

The former mayor of Alexandria, William Euille, was interviewed by Tucker on Fox tonight. He said that he worked out at the same YMCA the shooter frequented and spoke with him almost daily. At one point the shooter asked the former mayor for help getting a job.

link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Wise words.

But from an engineer, I would expect no less.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 10:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Kettu

Does that mean that Hitler might not actually be the terrible person I believe he was?
You'd have to study the history of that era and figure it out for yourself, what do you actually know about the man?

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 10:16 PM
link   

You'd have to study the history of that era and figure it out for yourself, what do you actually know about the man?

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 10:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: The GUT
Has anyone heard a reason the shooter was allegedly in Virginia for the past three months?

I read he went there in March to 'protest:'

Michael Hodgkinson, the suspect's brother, told the New York Times that James had become upset about the election of President Donald Trump and had moved to the Washington DC area "out of the blue" to protest.

Link

Just so weird, in my experience. I don't know what 66 year old that does that.
edit on 14-6-2017 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 10:18 PM
link   
a reply to: SBMcG

Thanks.

If he had been in town for months, I'm really wondering why. Recon...or something else?

ETA: Thanks, MME. That starts to put some perspective on it.

edit on 14-6-2017 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 10:19 PM
link   

According to the logic of your buddies in here all day, all the stuff people under Nazi influence did wasnt the fault of the Nazi party + propaganda + social engineering. It was only the fault of each individual. It was all to be taken on a case by case basis where the hands on individuals responsible at each micro juncture take 100% the blame.

edit on 14-6-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 10:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kettu

originally posted by: Grambler

originally posted by: spiritualzombie

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: spiritualzombie

Did you, or did you not, type this just a few minutes ago?

Yeah its both sides... the people who scream for torture and the ones who point out torture is illegal and unethical. The people who scream for walls and deportation and those awful people suggesting empathy and some kind of path for citizenship... those awesome people who elect a guy who brags about sexual assault and openly calls on Russia to help him win an election and the terrible people who say, wait no that's wrong. Both sides equally terrible, or so I hear.

I call that ignoring the behavior of some of the folks who are, supposedly, on your side of the issues...

False equivalent. All of those things I described-- deportations, border walls, ending people's healthcare-- these issues are worthy of protest.

Perhaps better leadership would quell the civil unrest.

Again, you exhibit the exact same type of thinking the shooter did.

You liken policy positions to people being bad people. You are comparing these positions with violence.

This is one step away from stopping the violent policy psotions with violence.

This is the type of thing that scares me.

Wait, so good people support horrible policy?

Again, you are yet another on here basicaly cheering for violence.

Yep, you are right, if I am against Obamacare, I must want the death of millions, and so you should physically stop me.

My God this incident has showed me how even people on ATS are frightening ideologues that are justify shooting people with political differences.

I hope that you reflect on your thoughts, and realize how dangerous they are.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 10:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

No, I'm not.

I'm pointing out the hypocrisy of your claim and statement, and you're pivoting. You're intentionally side-stepping my question, and answering what you want to answer.

You said, and I quote:

You liken policy positions to people being bad people.

What's the answer? Are you implying that good people can support bad policies? And if so, does that possibly make someone like Hitler, who supported terrible policies a good person?

I'm staying on point here, I'm not the one dancing around the issue. The question stands: can a good person support bad policy?

edit on 14-6-2017 by Kettu because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 10:39 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Why you gotta be bringing Hitlers name into any discussion? Grow up.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Fact....

1. A Democrat went out and intentionally shot up a US House member and several others.

Fact...

2. Said "democrat" had been very vocal about 'destroying Trump', and then took a semi-automatic rifle and attempted to do just exactly that!

Fact...

3. Democrats want complete and absolute gun bans. "Reasonable gun control measures" are complete BULL#!

Fact...

Democrats are simply unable to control themselves, so the party line is for the government to control those with no self control.

Fact....

4. "Personal Responsibility" are not words in the Democratic Party's vocabulary. It's always someone else's fault!!

Fact...

5. Democrats are full of #!!!

top topics

<< 65  66  67    69  70  71 >>

join