It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why this Muslim loves anti-Sharia rallies

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 10:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

originally posted by: kaylaluv

originally posted by: Disturbinatti
a reply to: kaylaluv

Sharia is the Muslim way of life.

It is not international law

Simply put.

Thanks for that. Can you give a couple of specific examples of the Muslim way of life that might be included in Sharia law? Can you give examples of punishments for going against these examples? Is anyone whipped or stoned, or does anyone get their hands chopped off?

All you need do is take note of any country where Sharia is the law of the land.

Sharia law varies widely, depending on the sect and the region/culture. I'm interested to know how Sharia law is handled in America. Guess I won't find out in this thread.

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Explain Sharia law so that we can understand it better. Sometimes information and knowledge helps to heal the divide. At least try. I for one am willing to hear.

It's hard to draw blood from a stone.

Shariah Law seems to mean different things to different people. However, Shariah is the religious law of Islam, much of it incompatible with secular liberal Western states where the law is not defined by religious dogma.

Personally I find it uncomfortable that in the UK Shariah courts exist. They are not legal courts per se and have no legal foundation, but work as "voluntary" arbitration and "religious interpretation". Sadly, my discomfort is based on the reports of discrimination towards women and the control of women. For example, a woman divorced in a Shariah court remains legally married in the eyes of the law, but the woman (and children) can then be unable to live a normal "single" life, but as the woman is often unable to seek proper legal advice they just remain controlled by the men.

I detest religious courts. They exist as a means to push ignorance and control. In the case of Shariah, such courts or tribunals are just barriers to integration.

Shariah works in some backward countries, but not in the liberal west where values - such as the treatment of women - are somewhat more civilised.

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 10:21 AM
link   

a reply to: stosh64

Like I said I went to Google it was the third suggestion.

Google it, do you not know how?

I guarantee you will find out if you do.

I counted 15 news websites that reported on it before making the thread.

It's happening. Deal with it. Don't. It's your life.

It was third because you have a history of googling stuff like that.. LOL.

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 10:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha

So I did just notice that Google suggested to me 3rd "anti-Sharia rallies." Naturally I was curious.

What I saw made me proud to be an American even more than before.

Every city that held a rally from Portland to San Bernardino to Boston, it seems like every city protested Sharia, was met with counter protests that often dwarfed the misguided zealots protesting a Constitutionally​ protected religous right.

Every Muslim practices Sharia in America and everywhere else everyday already. It can't be outlawed because it isn't a law in the sense of courts but analogous to Halakhic law which rumor has it GWB quietly signed into the law of the land somehow. As crazy as it sounds I am almost certain it is true.

Keep in mind it is protected as a religous right under the Constitution as long as it doesn't violate domestic law which is not a problem and these anti Sharia anti Muslim psychos are wasting time.

The only thing that has ever been allowed to curb Sharia in court is its use in civil disputes in certain states, it CAN NOT BE OUTLAWED.

Halakhic law would have to be outlawed as would Canon law, etc...

Never going to happen.

What's happening is as many and usually more PRO Muslim supporters show up.

It's definitely time for me to say:

I love my fellow Americans and this includes the anti Sharia protesters who may or may not know that the effect of their ignorance is America doesn't want that to be its image in the eyes of the world...they will come out and let the world know, and are saying:

"Enough is enough with the anti-Muslim crowd, you are a pathetic lot and are outnumbered."

I love it!!!!

All it does is the opposite of what the Islam haters set out to accomplish, fear monger and increase hate of Islam.

Instead people show love.

Poor Islamaphobes

It would be like having anti-ten commandment rallies.

Like, wanting to be part of this......

1. We want lots of gods
2. We want to make lots of statues.
3. We want to swear like drunken sailors
4. We want to work on Sunday
5. Mum and Dad can get #ed.
6. Kill everyone who disagrees with you
7. Shag everyone you meet.
8. If you see it, take it.
9. Lie like a Clinton.
10. Everyones possessions and wives belong to you.

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Simply put.

Thanks for that. Can you give a couple of specific examples of the Muslim way of life that might be included in Sharia law? Can you give examples of punishments for going against these examples? Is anyone whipped or stoned, or does anyone get their hands chopped off?

All you need do is take note of any country where Sharia is the law of the land.

Sharia law varies widely, depending on the sect and the region/culture. I'm interested to know how Sharia law is handled in America. Guess I won't find out in this thread.

No matter the sect or culture, there is no version of Sharia that is comparable with Western values. Free speech for one, the benchmark of western democracies, runs contrary to all aspects of it.

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Disturbinatti

No, you can do the not lazy thing and go to a Muslim website and learn from someone who is smarter than me.

I gave you an answer. It is THE answer.

Why are you so hesitant to give us a few examples of Sharia? Please don't play the ''lazy'' card.

You see, I followed your advice and typed in ''examples of sharia law'' and the first hit I got was for the below, I read it and thought to myself ''WTF!!!!!''

So, is this just propaganda or what? Enlighten me.

According to Sharia law:

• Theft is punishable by amputation of the right hand.
• Criticizing or denying any part of the Quran is punishable by death.
• Criticizing Muhammad or denying that he is a prophet is punishable by death.
• Criticizing or denying Allah is punishable by death (see Allah moon god).
• A Muslim who becomes a non-Muslim is punishable by death (compulsion in religion).
• A non-Muslim who leads a Muslim away from Islam is punishable by death.
• A non-Muslim man who marries a Muslim woman is punishable by death.
• A man can marry an infant girl and consummate the marriage when she is 9 years old.
• Girls' clitoris should be cut (Muhammad's words, Book 41, Kitab Al-Adab, Hadith 5251).
• A woman can have 1 husband, who can have up to 4 wives; Muhammad can have more.
• A man can beat his wife for insubordination (see Religion of Peace).
• A man can unilaterally divorce his wife; a woman needs her husband's consent to divorce.
• A divorced wife loses custody of all children over 6 years of age or when they exceed it.
• Testimonies of four male witnesses are required to prove rape against a woman.
• A woman who has been raped cannot testify in court against her rapist(s).
• A woman's testimony in court, allowed in property cases, carries ½ the weight of a man's.
• A female heir inherits half of what a male heir inherits (see Errors in Quran).
• A woman cannot drive a car, as it leads to fitnah (upheaval).
• A woman cannot speak alone to a man who is not her husband or relative.
• Meat to eat must come from animals that have been sacrificed to Allah - i.e., be "Halal".
• Muslims should engage in Taqiyya and lie to non-Muslims to advance Islam.
• The list goes on (see Sharia law in America, Canada, UK, Europe & Saudi Arabia).
edit on 11-6-2017 by 0rbital because: typo

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 10:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

So I did just notice that Google suggested to me 3rd "anti-Sharia rallies." Naturally I was curious.

Every city that held a rally from Portland to San Bernardino to Boston, it seems like every city protested Sharia, was met with counter protests that often dwarfed the misguided zealots protesting a Constitutionally​ protected religous right.

Every Muslim practices Sharia in America and everywhere else everyday already. It can't be outlawed because it isn't a law in the sense of courts but analogous to Halakhic law which rumor has it GWB quietly signed into the law of the land somehow. As crazy as it sounds I am almost certain it is true.

Keep in mind it is protected as a religous right under the Constitution as long as it doesn't violate domestic law which is not a problem and these anti Sharia anti Muslim psychos are wasting time.

The only thing that has ever been allowed to curb Sharia in court is its use in civil disputes in certain states, it CAN NOT BE OUTLAWED.

Never going to happen.

I love my fellow Americans and this includes the anti Sharia protesters who may or may not know that the effect of their ignorance is America doesn't want that to be its image in the eyes of the world...they will come out and let the world know, and are saying:

"Enough is enough with the anti-Muslim crowd, you are a pathetic lot and are outnumbered."

I love it!!!!

All it does is the opposite of what the Islam haters set out to accomplish, fear monger and increase hate of Islam.

Poor Islamaphobes

1. We want lots of gods
9. Lie like a Clinton.

Not really. I meant that the Christian laws demand we worship their gods but that's okay because it's their laws, not my government's.

I wasn't making a value judgment comparing Islamic law vs Christian; just comparing the logic of the two scenarios.

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Simply put.

Every Muslim everywhere ever day lives Sharia.

You want to learn get busy reading. Go to a Sharia website.

It's not like they don't exist.

And I did educate you, it's protected by the Constitution and protest is futile.

Do with it what you will the thread is yours.

I am just thanking my fellow Americans who AREN'T cowards.

Salaam

Gotta be a troll. Muslims are much better at the taqiyya thing. You would have done a much better job of making the institution of Islam seem sensible and peace loving to appeal to certain dopes on the far left end of the spectrum that are literally dying to believe it.
edit on 11-6-2017 by TSefu because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Why this Muslim loves anti-Sharia rallies

The question is: Can this same Muslim answer a very simple question in a concise manner without deflecting or going off on a tangent?

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Abysha

One reason Islamic countries reject human rights charters of the western world, for instance of the UN, is that they are based on a secular understanding of judeo-Christian principles.

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

Never going to happen.

I love it!!!!

Poor Islamaphobes

1. We want lots of gods
9. Lie like a Clinton.

Not really. I meant that the Christian laws demand we worship their gods but that's okay because it's their laws, not my government's.

I wasn't making a value judgment comparing Islamic law vs Christian; just comparing the logic of the two scenarios.

Understood, I too was curious to see what the opposite of the 10 commandments would look like.

LOL - how many gods do Christians have?

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Because of my "anger" I am just going to leave you all with this.

As you worry about something that there is literally no reason to worry, it has already happened that Halakhic law, the "Noahide laws " have been made US law.

U.S. Congressman Bill Dannemeyer 72-92 has a website, I will give a link..
5/5/91 in the House, 5/7/91 in the Senate, by ''Unanimous consent" or as the Congressman says it means under the radar or sub rosa, is a euphemism for either...

H.J. 104 EH

102nd Congess dedicates 5/26/91 as "Education Day."

Which was just what they called a day honoring some Rabbis and a guise for making the 7 Noahide laws for Goyim US Law.

While fools fear what doesn't threaten them they have no idea about what does.

Or HOW.

You will be shocked, this is the website of a former US Congressman, what he will tell you is more shocking than anything I said now.

Noahide Laws for Goyim made US law

Sad how duped people are.

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 10:55 AM
link   
stop feeding the troll

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Are you proud of this anti-sharia ex-Muslim? The MSM isn't.

twitter.com...

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Simply put.

No matter the sect or culture, there is no version of Sharia that is comparable with Western values. Free speech for one, the benchmark of western democracies, runs contrary to all aspects of it.

I don't think what you say is totally accurate. I think there is a version of Sharia law that is compatible in the U.S., as long as nothing is unconstitutional or no existing U.S. law is broken. For example, stoning people is against our laws, so that would not be allowed. Same with cutting off hands, or 100 lashes on a man's back. However, there are many other parts of Sharia law that could be recognized by U.S. courts, such as marriage/divorce contracts or resolutions of business disagreements, probating a will, etc. Believe it or not, Sharia law is not all about lashing and stoning and cutting off hands or heads. That's the sensational part that everyone wants to focus on.

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Disturbinatti

They are referring to shirts law being implemented for all, something that is patently ridiculous in a land with only a few percentage point Muslim population. It is really only meant as a scare Tactic to get ignorant people to vote a certain way.

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Sooo, let me get this straight. First you say you live sharia, as do all muslims, as it's your "way of life" but as soon as kayla asked for clarification, you got all defensive and told her to look it up and learn from someone smarter than you...

So basically, you're not educated enough to explain to someone expressing a willingness to learn about sharia, yet it's your way of life? Seems legit.

I'd hazard to guess you deflected the questions posed because you couldn't answer them whilst keeping the premise of your thread intact.

edit on 11/6/2017 by TOMFROMOZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 11:33 AM
link   
This is from the "Noahide nation" website

Thay acknowledge the 102nd Congress too although this particular section is disturbing as you will see by its address:

www.noahidenations.com...

Yeah...

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

Shirts law?

What? Do you know what YOU are even talking about?

I don't.

2 things.

Sharia is protected by the first amendment.

And I just gave 2 links that prove "Noahide law" was signed INTO law, US law.

That's unconstitutional and immoral.

You should read the link it's written by a former Congressman.

Wake up. I have no need for you to explain anything to me and if I did I'd ask.

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Disturbinatti

Do you support, defend the right to criticize/mock Islam?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join