It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mandela Effect patterns

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001
a reply to: AkontaDarkpaw

Yes, there is a pattern: it revolves around small details that are easy to mis-remember.

I think it is part of the same kinds of things that People tend to put down to faulty memory like missing items, items appearing in unusual places, new items in the home no one remembers. Stories a Family member suddenly pops up with that they insist they have told you their whole life and yet you have never heard from them before.

It makes people feel safe and comfortable to forget when something unusual happens. My thought is that we all have unusual things happen all of the time, we notice some because they were of more importance things for us, we dismiss most if not all because it makes us feel more secure.

Living in a world full of unpredictability is difficult. We can't deal with the quantum world where things are not solid and "real". We can't believe that things can just go somewhere else. Objects and perhaps people also can disappear into an unknown.
I think the more we learn about our true situation the more we will notice and not be able to dismiss or forget these happenings and so they will seem to be increasing but it is knowledge of the true state of our existence that is increasing. So everyone needs to get used to this and all of the odd changes we will be seeing more and more or they will perhaps be the ones to go crazy.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable
Some things have indeed changed.

I grew up in the country and spent the majority of my time outside, winter, spring, summer, fall. I don't ever remember getting a sunburn. Now 2 minutes in the sun and my skin is stinging, 5 minutes and I am starting to blister.

I first thought that it may have been related to getting old, so went researching and found the local News channels warning to avoid the sun, using a sunblock of 35+, wearing clothing with long sleeves, sunglasses with UV rating 400+, and a hat. UV ratings had been listed from 9 to Extreme.

Some things have changed.
edit on 10-6-2017 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable

originally posted by: NeoSpace
Just the other day I was thinking about the causes of the Mandela Effect and came up with one possible cause iv'e not seen mentioned anywhere yet, Earth's atmosphere is made up of gases, what if this balance has changed thus changing everyone's perception of reality on the planet at the same time, if this happened would anyone notice.

I don't know about the Mandela Effect, but perception and/or reality? of the Earth's Atmosphere sure has changed. I remember being 6 or 7 years old and seeing clear, vivid blue skies and a sun which was bright yellow and flawless almost every time it wasn't raining. Nowadays, at 57 years old, on a few good days, the sky is always hazy and the sun is bright, but dull, if that makes any sense. I don't know anymore if it's just misremembering as I'm getting older, perceiving things differently or if it's always been this way. Who knows?

That's the effect of atmospheric dust (salt, water, pollution). When we lived on the NE coast, the skies were always a light pastel blue, and I could spend an hour outdoors without getting sun-burn. Battle of Britain pictures have the color I'm visualizing:
i.telegraph.co.uk...

When we went inland, the skies were a deep dark blue near the zenith. I'd get sunburn within 10 minutes. Deep blue skies are like this:
il2.picdn.net...

Maybe there has been urban developments?
edit on 10-6-2017 by stormcell because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: noonebutme

originally posted by: AkontaDarkpaw
I don't need to convince you to join the dark side because your reality and the ME can coexist and both be accurate. if you remember the line as written and stated, then you're unaffected by the ME.

Ok, so to that end, are you suggesting ME affects some people and not others? And if that's the assumption, does that same affectation occur to *any* living being in this reality?

Are there aliens on planet X thinking, I could have sworn it was Jozyick Bears and not Jozeinyick Bears?

Joking aside, *if* ME is real, which I'm not prepared to say it is, and reality has changed/shifted/altered for only some people -- does it apply all through this universe? Or just on Earth? And for some people?

I mean, look at it from the point of what is the most likely explanation: reality has shifted so pop culture related things are now not what there were, for only a select few people, or, those select few people are remembering it wrong because, as proven in scientific studies, shared incorrect memories across many people is very very normal.

At the moment, I'm going with the latter.

My personal opinion is that it's throughout the universe or at least our local universe...

It's like sea sickness. Some people get it when out to sea and others are strangely unaffected. I believe that this is similar. Perhaps some people adjust to the natural phenomenon more easily than others. Dimensional shifts may be causing the natural phenomenon mentioned elsewhere or they may be a byproduct. What i am proposing is a natural phenomenon but i do not fully understand or have all the answers so if my responses seem to contradict one another, please understand that these are theories which evolve as new possibilities present themselves and more is understood.

I believe that this is a natural phenomenon based on certain frequencies. If alien life exists, then they'd also be affected. Animals too, and i was just thinking about this.

What if the great die off of fish, birds, whales, and other marine life, extinction of animals, mysteries disappearances of the bees, and cryptozoology was/is all part of the ME where the affected species have simply shifted before humans and other types of life?

Now i'm not saying with any type of certainty that this happened or is happening but it would be a possible theory.

Here's another... what if crop circles were also part of the ME and they're caused by frequency changes in specific areas where the resonances just happen to cross a field. Bear in mind that the real crop circles have healing energies, plants are undamaged, and there's evidence of a high amount of heat. Sacred geometry was used for most patterns, though not all. The sacred geometry patterns could easily be explained by this frequency notion as there is evidence of water crystals freezing in sacred geometric patterns with certain sound and vibrational frequencies. While a cool idea for it to be aliens, they're not necessary to explain the circles.

Therefore i propose that the ME has to do with frequency, sound above human perception, and other as yet unknown natural phenomenon.

According to a paranormal researcher, there's been an uptick in paranormal "ghost" activity and this also may be explained by the former proposed natural phenomenon.

The effects of certain frequencies on human behavior may explain "demonic possession" and other odd or "abnormal" human behaviors. For those who doubt, look at the affects of the full moon on human behavior vs any other time. If memory serves, there's always an uptick in crime and abnormal behavior around the full moon.

Perhaps this may explain the recent legalization of weed. Maybe tptb know of this natural phenomenon and are allowing weed to be legal because of its health benefits as well as its calming affects for some individuals. Another theory which may have no basis in fact yet... I'd be interested in other opinions and theories.
edit on 10-6-2017 by AkontaDarkpaw because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 04:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: SeaWorthy

originally posted by: DJW001
a reply to: AkontaDarkpaw

Yes, there is a pattern: it revolves around small details that are easy to mis-remember.

I think it is part of the same kinds of things that People tend to put down to faulty memory like missing items, items appearing in unusual places, new items in the home no one remembers. Stories a Family member suddenly pops up with that they insist they have told you their whole life and yet you have never heard from them before.

It makes people feel safe and comfortable to forget when something unusual happens. My thought is that we all have unusual things happen all of the time, we notice some because they were of more importance things for us, we dismiss most if not all because it makes us feel more secure.

Living in a world full of unpredictability is difficult. We can't deal with the quantum world where things are not solid and "real". We can't believe that things can just go somewhere else. Objects and perhaps people also can disappear into an unknown.
I think the more we learn about our true situation the more we will notice and not be able to dismiss or forget these happenings and so they will seem to be increasing but it is knowledge of the true state of our existence that is increasing. So everyone needs to get used to this and all of the odd changes we will be seeing more and more or they will perhaps be the ones to go crazy.

Excellent point

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Original all black darth vader

New Darth Vader with silver

darth vader Empire Strikes Back silver

Darth Vader history both masks

Darth Vader's mask appears to be a false ME because in the last film of the original star wars trilogy, his mask appears to be the iconic all black that many of us remember. This seems to also be the case in the comics and animated series.

Mystery... Solved.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Shazaam with Sinbad

Kazaam with Shaq
ME confirmation by Snopes

Both movies existed. This is a definite ME.

Mystery... Solved.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Diff'rent Strokes

Dif ferent Strokes LA Times

The LA Times uses "Different Strokes" in the headline referring to the show but when using the show's title it's spelled Diff'rent Strokes.

I believe this can be chalked up to lazy typing on the part of many of us. I often fail to use an ' for different contractions and in the search, both different and diff'rent come up, which may contribute to this so called ME.

Mystery... solved.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Mickey Mouse

Steamboat Willie - Mickey's Debut

From what i could find, Mickey never had suspenders. The remembered suspenders may have been part of a costume in a single cartoon, but classic Mickey is sans suspenders.

Mystery.... Solved.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Dolly (Moonraker) Character Description

Circumstantial Evidence Commercial

This video really only makes sense if Dolly had braces, as its an obvious reference to the movie.

Dolly never had braces

My opinion in this is that the above commercial stayed true to the intent that Dolly had braces while the actual movie had her without. The ME was first reported in 1999. In short, this appears to be misremembered.

Mystery... Solved.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Tom Cruise - White Shirt

The above appears to my eyes to be the iconic white shirt from Risky Business that is often mimicked but the sunglasses are missing.

Tom Cruise - Pink striped shirt no sunglasses

Risky Business Costume

It appears that this is a combination costume. The sunglasses weren't part of the dance scene, but were definitely part of marketing. As such, the iconic shirt and sunglasses were combined probably for context. Just a white shirt as in the dance scene wouldn't have been as obvious and people would have had to constantly explain who they were mimicking.

The shirt in the gif, appears white and a white shirt is probably in most people's closets so was an easy substitute for the one in the film. Perhaps it was worn as a parody by another celebrity or in another marketing ploy which has led to the confusion.

This appears to be contextual vs a ME.

Mystery... solved.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Dilemna vs Dilemma

This is one that you'll have to decide for yourself, but at least you know you're not alone

Mystery... Unverifiable.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Procter and Gamble

Proctor and Gamble

So it would appear that both are correct. This is a ME.

Mystery.... Solved.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 08:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Jefferton

I tell ya what's nonsense. When you have read and grew up with the BerenSTEIN Bears and Snow White and you KNOW it was NEVER, EVER, EVER, EVER "Berenstain" or "magic mirror," but you have people telling you you're "mistaken" and it has "always" been that way.

Edit: Now it may very well be the case that it was changed from Berenstein to Berenstain or from mirror, mirror to magic mirror over the years, but it wasn't always that way.
edit on 10-6-2017 by SpeakerofTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 09:05 PM
link   
I can't find any mention of C-3PO's silver leg? I just discovered the whole topic of ME when I caught a video post on YT talking about C-3PO having a silver leg - which he does now in the original trilogy - silver right shin to be specific. I saw Star Wars when it came out in 1977. I was one of the original kid fanatics of the films - 3PO was all gold in the movies I saw as a kid - not a shadow of a doubt in my mind. This isn't a 3 second quote or misquote that goes by once in a film - this is him having a silver leg in every shot where you can see his lower right leg - that he never had in the movies I watched as a kid. If you haven't seen this one, and remember the movies as I do, it will blow your mind. I'd like to know how many people are experiencing this the same way I am, so I put up a 5 question poll on Google Docs, fill it out if you can and maybe we can quantify this phenomenon a little bit (and go watch the movies if the silver leg thing sounds funny to you and this is the first time you've seen it mentioned):

3PO's silver leg poll

If anyone wants to compare notes I posted more info about my background with the Star Wars films and what a freak I was for them as a kid in another thread: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 09:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Perfectenemy 3 rows of seats-driver and front seat passenger Connaly and his wife,Jack and Jackie (6people) At least that"s what the Z film showed.(fake news)

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 09:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: SpeakerofTruth
a reply to: Jefferton

I tell ya what's nonsense. When you have read and grew up with the BerenSTEIN Bears and Snow White and you KNOW it was NEVER, EVER, EVER, EVER "Berenstain" or "magic mirror," but you have people telling you you're "mistaken" and it has "always" been that way.

Edit: Now it may very well be the case that it was changed from Berenstein to Berenstain or from mirror, mirror to magic mirror over the years, but it wasn't always that way.

I did actually show this in an earlier link within this thread that shows evidence of both... i believe it's residue of the original Berenstein Bears. If you look at the books, sister and brother bear's dispositions seem to be opposite what i remember. I grew up on Berenstein Bears and it never changed. In this timeline/dimension it has always been Berenstain. Those who remember Berenstein aren't originally from this timeline/dimension. We're not crazy but those who have always been in this one have no idea how we could be so wrong when it's all they've ever known.

I distinctly remember Mirror Mirror also
you're not alone

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 09:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: NordeastRock
I can't find any mention of C-3PO's silver leg? I just discovered the whole topic of ME when I caught a video post on YT talking about C-3PO having a silver leg - which he does now in the original trilogy - silver right shin to be specific. I saw Star Wars when it came out in 1977. I was one of the original kid fanatics of the films - 3PO was all gold in the movies I saw as a kid - not a shadow of a doubt in my mind. This isn't a 3 second quote or misquote that goes by once in a film - this is him having a silver leg in every shot where you can see his lower right leg - that he never had in the movies I watched as a kid. If you haven't seen this one, and remember the movies as I do, it will blow your mind. I'd like to know how many people are experiencing this the same way I am, so I put up a 5 question poll on Google Docs, fill it out if you can and maybe we can quantify this phenomenon a little bit (and go watch the movies if the silver leg thing sounds funny to you and this is the first time you've seen it mentioned):

3PO's silver leg poll

If anyone wants to compare notes I posted more info about my background with the Star Wars films and what a freak I was for them as a kid in another thread: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Awesome! I did find an '86 Lucas Films collectible matching what i grew up with which had no silver leg or black anywhere.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 09:29 PM
link   
a reply to: PsychicCroMag

yes, this is what I remember too, and Governor Connally was an integral part of the "Magic Bullet" theory so he had to be there. I couldn't remember if there were 2 people in the front of the car, but you'd kind of expect there would be a Secret Service agent there.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 09:37 PM
link   
The f#ck? I just stumbled over a screenshot from 2016 on Pol. Please ignore the story and just look at the headline at the right side. Adam West died in 2016? Can someone explain that please.

Adam West died in 2016

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join