It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mandela Effect patterns

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 07:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Perfectenemy

Sorry. My last post was being typed when you posted about JFK. Sorry. Didn't see it.
Hope i didn't spoil it.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 07:58 AM
link   
How could Disney misquote their own movie Alice in Wonderland?

We're All Mad Here

Disney's Most Everyone's Mad Here

edit on 10-6-2017 by AkontaDarkpaw because: Updated

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 07:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Justoneman

originally posted by: omniEther

originally posted by: NeoSpace
Just the other day I was thinking about the causes of the Mandela Effect and came up with one possible cause iv'e not seen mentioned anywhere yet, Earth's atmosphere is made up of gases, what if this balance has changed thus changing everyone's perception of reality on the planet at the same time, if this happened would anyone notice.
Ocaams razor is your friend.

Occam is also a proponent of stay in the box. The razor cuts both ways and can be used to snuff out a thought. I use it for it is a tool of logic, just do not use this exclusively because sometimes you just might not know of all the possibilities.

Sherlock would start with the saying "when you eliminate all the possibilities...". I discovered that phrase meant to me that we must learn of all of those possibilities to understand the answers.

Very insightful!

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 08:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001
a reply to: AkontaDarkpaw

I'd be interested in any theories that you care to share which would explain this incongruity.

Here you go.

I haven't read through all of this yet, but this is a really well thought out rebuttal of the phenomenon. Thank you for sharing! Excellent work

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 08:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: NeoSpace
...Earth's atmosphere is made up of gases, what if this balance has changed thus changing everyone's perception of reality on the planet at the same time..

What? How would the balance of gases 'change' to a point that peoples' perception would change? You're saying people are suffering from mass induced delusions due to the balance of nitrogen/oxygen/co2 and other gasses in out planet's atmosphere?? That the ME delusionals are all suffering from altitude sickness or hyperventilating -- essentially that their brains are behaving as though they were on drugs.

Hmm. Actually - you may be on to something there.

edit on 10-6-2017 by noonebutme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Has anyone actually considered the very REAL possibility that people are just...wrong in their memories? Mass induced memory failure. Scientifically proven. If you care to read, before the ME affects the article and turns it into 10 fun filled facts about kittens, here it is: www.sciencedaily.com...

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 08:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: abago71
I've looked into the Mandela effect a bit here and there. I thought it was both interesting and entertaining.
I was sure that memories were just faulty until I saw a story on Dan Akroyd.
I have been a huge fan of his since he appeared on SNL in the late 70's. All through the 80's, Dan Akroyd was a household name appearing in movies like Blues Brothers, GhostBusters and Spies Like Us.

He is pretty big into UFO's (part of why I like him) and he owns a vodka company called Crystal Head (The bottle is a glass skull).

I found out last week that his name is spelled Dan Aykroyd. Two y's. I've been a fan for 40 years and have never noticed this.

I mentioned the Mandela effect to my best friend and his wife and proceeded to pull up YouTube videos for them to watch.
When the topic of the JFK assassination came up, we all took notice. All 4 of us distinctly remembered a different car.
Specifically, none of us remembered the roll bar for the convertible top. We also debated the whole 4 seat or 6 seat issue. 3 out of 4 remembered it as a 4 seater.

My friend went home and got his Time-Life JFK book and a few other old JFK books. We looked at all the photos and were astonished that we have been wrong about the car.

I then asked my mother and Aunt (whom both watched it live on tv) and they were unaware of the roll bar as well.

There are several people claiming that text in the bible has changed as well. So we, collectively, have rounded up several bibles of different ages, printings and versions.

We plan to spend a day in the future comparing verses. I will post my findings or lack of.

As an avid researcher in the religion arena, i look forward to your contribution on these changes.

I distinctly remember a 4 seater as well though JFK was assassinated before my time, i spent a good portion of 2014 looking over the information and diving into the conspiracy. I will post what i find for the ME regarding it here.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 08:15 AM
link   
C3PO Original 1986 Lucas Films Ltd Collectible

Notice that the 1986 version doesn't have a silver leg or any black on him.

C3PO First Change: Silver Leg

C3PO Second Change: black abdomen

This is one i personally can relate to because i was looking C3PO up yesterday specifically regarding the first change which i had just heard of. I couldn't believe it.. now i was looking at many pictures of him and NONE had the black. So.. i was blown away by this new development. For me the black just appeared today.

edit on 10-6-2017 by AkontaDarkpaw
edit on 10-6-2017 by AkontaDarkpaw because: Updated
extra DIV

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 08:16 AM
link   

I'm usually like the 'French taunter' when it comes to these endless ME threads. They're so bad, I stopped reading or replying to them a long time ago. Each to their own, right?

This is the first I've looked at this year and the Darth Vader thing caught my eye. It's quite an eye-opener!

Old DV has always been solid black - it's his thing. "Look at me, I wear all black because I'm so bloody dark and evil. Don't I look scary?" So I do an image search and there he is with three silver bits on his mask in nearly every image. Even toy masks all have silver bits for a nose and by the respirator. They look ridiculous too!

No, I'm not turning to the dark side, but I'll give this one 10/10 in being totally distinct from my memories. I used to draw Vader when I was a kid. He was so cool looking and so challenging to draw; it was hard to convey the topography of his mask in shades of black. The depth thing frustrated me a lot. I would remember the silver nose and don't at all.

Top marks for finding a 'Mandela effect that I can relate to.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 08:18 AM
link   
It's pretty interesting to see an actual list of Mandela effects .....don't forget forest Gump "life is a box of chocolate" , ....and queens "we are the champion" song......and I'm sure there's more not listed that others will know of ....
Op ,Your list deals with details, and color change that are all in the movie and entertainment fields . Those things can be easily changed as technology has gotten better. When did people really start to notice these changes ? 5 years ago , 10 years ago ? .....My guess is when technology has allowed for those changes........
The entertainment field and marketing area that you've posted about, does NOT spook me as much as the Mandela affect regarding the death of a person. Of course there are the fake news stories about a celebrity dying that didn't actually die.....but, there have been several cases of someone dying that people actually remember their funeral, or other details about their death, only to re-witness it years later . I for one, remember the death and funeral procession of 2 celebrities that died 10 years ago, but have recently died again .
Here's what I've noticed about that :
1. the span is roughly 10 years from the first time they died , to when they die again. Does 10 years have any significance? ...is that as far as technology can extend your life, or Is it long enough for our brains to forget or change The facts ?....
2. only the rich or famous are the ones living twice . When was the last time you looked at your everyday neighbor and said " hey I thought you died already ?.
3. People never realize that the dead celebrity still lives until they re-die....that's when our memory seems to be Jared into remembering they died before....why is that? ...why not remember that celebrity died when we see them on TV a few months later?
5. Again, these deaths deal with celebrities and the entertainment field ...just like OP list of details does too....so the Mandela affect deals with the entertainment field .

Either we are so busy with the hustle and bustle of our lives ....and combined with human nature ...we remember facts and events incorrectly .....or the entertainment field ,through technology ,has mastered a way to make you forget and comply with changes ....I don't know...but, when I was a kid, my mother alway said " television will rot your brain "!! ...maybe she was right ?!?!

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 08:18 AM
link   
One of the patterns which ought to be observed is the way that collective memory tends to re-adjust statements into versions which feel better and are more quotable.
For example, collective memory invented "Elementary my dear Watson" and "Play it again Sam" and "Beam me up, Scotty", which were never spoken in the original books or dramas. These misquotations have been remarked upon for decades. The common factor in those examples is that the quotation adds the name of the person being addressed, which makes it more obvious that the quoter is engaged in momentary role-play (A gruff "Elementary!" would be more authentic, but would meet with blank looks). In fact I might add to that list "Aargh, Jim lad!", which was part of one comedian's impression of Long John Silver.
Similarly, the needs of euphony were probably responsible for amending one Bible quotation into "the lion will lie down with the lamb" (alliteration, in this case), and creating the flowing phrase "blood, sweat and tears" out of the Churchill declaration "I have nothing to offer but blood, toil, tears, and sweat".

In the old days, anyone who checked the collective memory against the original was willing to admit that the collective memory was obviously getting it wrong.
Nowadays, though, there are people desperate to find a mystery somehere, and to manufacture it, if necessary, out of the most unpromising materials.
That is the most important factor in the growth of the Mandela effect.

The eponymous "Mandela effect", incidentally, was explained long ago.
In the days of apartheid, there was much indignation and agitation about the fact that Mandela was in prison.
There was also much indignation and agitation about the fact that Steve Biko had died in prison.
At a distance in time, collective memory, especially among those with vaguer ideas about what was happening, has confused the two issues into one event.
The Mandela effect could be defined as a willingness to be self-confused by faulty memory, for the sake of getting excited about the mystery this creates.

edit on 10-6-2017 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 08:19 AM
link   
I'm leaning more to the merging parallel universe timelines theory. It reminds me alot of Fringe and the episodes evolving around the merging of both worlds. Basically a part of our populations memories or even people shifted to their timeline and vice versa. I know it sounds insane but if you think about it it truly makes sense. I suspect a government experiment that went horribly wrong.

Some things just don't add up or why the hell would people who know the bible inside out confuse a wolf with a lion. There is also the problem that alll the paintings,pictures and depictions show a lion with a lamb. How can you explain such thing with just faulty memory?

I don't think the ME is necessary creepy but Moses has suddenly horns is one of the few instances where i go wait WTF!. The question still remains if our new timeline is able to revert to the original timeline without the help of an outside force. There are a few examples where that happened already. I'm worried that this is not the end of it and i wonder what would happen if whole structures merge because the same object can't occupy the same place at the same time. It's really fascinating and kinda scary to think about it.

I think this phenomenon is real but i'm still not sure if this poses a threat to us.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 08:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: noonebutme
Has anyone actually considered the very REAL possibility that people are just...wrong in their memories? Mass induced memory failure. Scientifically proven. If you care to read, before the ME affects the article and turns it into 10 fun filled facts about kittens, here it is: www.sciencedaily.com...

So help us out and pick one that you recall that is in question. I have picked SNow White is different. Any others I can't say with any certainty. But if we find others, have a couple confirmed and millions not, will you say those were confirmed changed from this timeline? Make them pass the evidence test before saying yes or no is my strategy. Snow white is possible that Disney altered it to attract attention and hits on youtube so i am only sure it has changed. Not a real clue for why it changed.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 08:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Justoneman

Well for a start, ME delusionals think Darth Vader said, "Luke, I am your Father [LIAYF]" which is utterly wrong. What Darth Vader said was in response to Luke's statement about him killing his father.

Vader actually said, "No, *I* am your Father [NIAYF]", with emphasis on the *I*. I remember that from day one, when I saw it in the cinema the day it came out.

Yet the ME morons say no no, he said LIAYF. Nope. Never.

The LIAYF came from the mass media and pop culture which reworked the quote to make it more user-friendly in adverts, other films and shows which used it as a comedic reference.

The original quote was too contextualised to be reused outside of Star Wars, so it was modified to say LIAYF. Saying "Luke" gave it context.

And this is what the mass population remembers, and reinforces over.

Saying NIAYF means nothing without context. LIAYF gives it context, hence why people think its correct (it isnt) and why people think ME is real. It isn't. You have p*ss poor memories or, as my linked article states, the same shared incorrect memory.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Meldionne1

I already stated that in another ME thread but the german translation of the Forest Gump iconic line is still not in past tense. I first thought the ME was a isolated local problem in a few corners of the earth but it's not. I checked some other german translations and Luke, i am your father changed to No, iam your father in there too despite James Earl Jones interview stating Luke, i am your father.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 08:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Justoneman

Another example of context, but not ME. Take Nixon and his often quoted, "I am not a crook".

The quote if often reused by sitcom and pop culture. But when they use it, the person in question doesn't just say, "I am not a crook.". No. What they do, is put on a phoney Nixon flabby voice and do the two-handed peace sign.

WHy? It gives it context. It makes it memorable and gives it a frame of reference in order for the quote to mean something -- a reference back to Nixon.

I'm really unsure why the ME delusionals can't take a more objective view and actually investigate context, genre, decontextualisation and how language is used before they jump to the conclusions Reality has changed because they remember Forrest Gump wrong.

If people want some good insight into how this works, read up on Mikhail Bakhtin and dialogism and heteroglossia. Complex but very interesting stuff and it really does explain why you guys are so confused about what you think you remember and why.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 08:37 AM
link   

That's not proof. That's the very famous and very amazing actor James Earl Jones recounting what it might have said in the script. But not what was in the film dialogue.

Even those notes show "I am your father". No "Luke" before them.

ME: 0. Reality: 1++

edit on 10-6-2017 by noonebutme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Thanks for bringing up this topic again - got me to searching for a different perspective and came across this site

Here's an interesting take on a possible different perspective....

Planetary soul ascension
crytonchronicles.com...

There are some who believe, however, that The Mandela Effect is a side-effect of the planet evolving and moving into these higher densities (which are actually lighter). Those experiencing the phenomenon are becoming aware of multiple timelines/universes being exposed as our consciousness begins to shift into different frequencies. Timelines that have subtle differences than the ones we remember and for some reason have access to. Potentially becoming aware of our multidimensional selves, keeping in mind that the past, present, and future are happening simultaneously.

Govt experimentation as psyops

crytonchronicles.com...

As you can see, there's no questioning what lengths certain people and/or entities of power will go to when it comes to learning how to control and manipulate others. It's a scary thought. And MKUltra is only one of the known PsyOps declassified (and I'm not even sure if entirely). Imagine how many are still hidden from the public; both completed and/or currently playing out.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 08:46 AM
link   
a reply to: noonebutme

I may have taken you more seriously if I didn't have to read all of your petty name calling.

Has any of the MEs every made you scratch your head? Any of them make you go hmm that's weird?

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 08:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: noonebutme

That's not proof. That's the very famous and very amazing actor James Earl Jones recounting what it might have said in the script. But not what was in the film dialogue.

Even those notes show "I am your father". No "Luke" before them.

ME: 0. Reality: 1++

James Earl Jones confirmed what he remembers saying when playing the role. The script actually says "No, I am your father." So either a) he's as delusional as the rest of us, or this really changed.

The Empire Strikes Back Script

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join