It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two Men Arrested for Terrorist Activities

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 09:43 PM
link   
The preliminaries are starting to be released to the public.
I believe that you will find this is much , much more that a couple of boxes of fireworks.

www.justice.gov...

Buck

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 09:53 PM
link   
a reply to: flatbush71

Some serious hardware. So many questions.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Dearborn Michigan, who would have thought?......;.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 10:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

Some serious hardware. So many questions.

I'll say, rocket launchers and machine guns!!! Thank everything holy that they were stopped before they got a chance to unload that hell onto the populace. Trained individuals with a death wish could do all sort's of damage with that hardware including first responders.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 10:21 PM
link   
a reply to: RainbowPhoenix

Initial questions would be how did they get from their place of origin to their homes and how did they hope to get them, presumably by mass public transit of some sort, to their end destination?

How were they, presumably, able to communicate given the mass surveillance effort touted as catching exactly this sort of behavior?

Yes, this could have been a serious tragedy.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Those crazy non-religious affiliated individuals are at it again...

I declare.

It's as if they all follow some super duper secret cult or something...

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Exciting new precedent!

Now people will get Carry Concealed Rocket Propelled Grenade Launcher Licenses (CCRPG) to be able to shoot back.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Initial questions would be how did they get from their place of origin to their homes and how did they hope to get them, presumably by mass public transit of some sort, to their end destination?

How were they, presumably, able to communicate given the mass surveillance effort touted as catching exactly this sort of behavior?

As to the communication... I was thinking about this earlier. We all know websites are looked at, especially if they are observed being frequented or mentioned.

But has anyone considered something like Goggles. This plugin for browsers used to let you 'draw' on a website anything you wanted. It would be invisible to anyone except other goggle users. So I'd have fun looking at various common websites seeing what the ne'er do well had scribbled. Sort of an MS Paint for webs. But it was completely benign to the website itself, linking to a specific server database, which could have been anywhere, and undetected by the website in question whatsoever. A perfect way to send a message, and have absolute Zero traceability.

The author seems to have discontinued it, but I remember many websites (Even ATS) being scribbled on.

All it would take is one remote unsuspicious dedicated server somewhere, running the script, and followers with the addon pointing to that server, heading on over to CNN.com or youtube, or knowyourmeme, or anywhere, and clicking the icon to turn it on, and Bam, instructions.

"Hey brother, have you seen my new cat video on youtube. It's lel" (secret message, gather the mujahadeen tomorrow at 2, we strike!)

Here is a .. idk, it explains goggles.. doesnt work, but you get the idea of how it used to...

knowyourmeme.com...

eta:
example from that site if ya dun wanna cleeek..

edit on 8/6/2017 by badw0lf because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 10:49 PM
link   
a reply to: badw0lf

I remember it. There are plenty of ways to communicate with folks now adays. Legit and not so much and some very creative.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 11:06 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

I liked goggles.

Sort of a behind the scene idea of the mindset of those who were as frustrated as I was on some sites.

but the proof of concept is there. You can hide anything on anywhere, if you want. simply paint as this was, still allowed text. Imagine hijacking URL's for other means, using a similar, yet more adept script.

I once recorded my voice, printed out the spectral analysis, scanned it back in on an old lexmark scanner, ran it into the spectrum analyser, and converted it to wav. could still hear what I said. who needs hardware when a piece of paper can carry words. that's not a big deal, but I was amazed, with so much loss of quality...

or hiding images in songs. via the same technique...

They can ban youtube, but they can't ban ingenuity.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 11:25 PM
link   

In early 2012, el Debek again traveled to Panama for Hizballah, passing through New York and New Jersey, and was asked to identify areas of weakness and construction at the Panama Canal, as well as provide information about how close someone could get to a ship passing through the Canal. Upon his return from Panama, el Debek’s IJO handlers asked him for photographs of the U.S. Embassy there and details about its security procedures.
op source
They had handlers watching them(probably caught onto it or other from the surveillance), allowing certain things.

Good thing too, to avert any attacks.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Whoa, it turnss out they are muslims!

Never saw that coming.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Ive been sayin this.....

MS, 1st Responder
Dearborn Michigan

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 06:42 AM
link   

I'd rather spend a trillion dollars of the FBI than the US military. The US military did absolutely NOTHING to prevent 9/11.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 06:51 AM
link   
I breezed through the DOJ report.
I see where these individuals had bombmaking training and instruction in the use of machine guns and rocket propelled grenades.
But I don't see a list of materials that were confiscated from the residences to these individuals.
Did I miss it?
Definitely two bad guys taken out of circulation. I am glad they caught them.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 06:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

I'd rather spend a trillion dollars of the FBI than the US military. The US military did absolutely NOTHING to prevent 9/11.

It is true that the military did nothing to prevent it, but then again, the attacks were actually launched from US soil and it isn't exactly in the sights of the military to guard against those types of attacks. Posse Comitatus comes to mind.

But...
We might also want to cover what the FBI did to prevent 911.
Nothing.
They did nothing.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

There's a lot to this B and this is just a preliminary report to bring the general public up to speed.
There will be a lot more as the investigation and trial moves forward.

For the first time in over 8 years, the capital C is back in Counter-terrorism / Counter-intelligence.

I am very, very proud of many of the young people involved in this one.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
Exciting new precedent!

Now people will get Carry Concealed Rocket Propelled Grenade Launcher Licenses (CCRPG) to be able to shoot back.

If only we could have tighter gun laws!

The fact that these people had rocket launchers proves that law abiding citizens should not be allowed to own firearms.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Interesting...Now that Trump has signed an arms deal with his good friends, the Saudis. We are suddenly finding terrorists that are affiliated with Hezbollah instead of ISIS.

Wonder what that is all about. Coincidence I am sure.

Glad these SOB'S were caught though.
edit on 9-6-2017 by karmicecstasy because: (no reason given)

top topics

join