It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird electrical issue - anyone have experience?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Helping my mom pass inspection so she can move into her new house.

Fire alarms aren't all going off at the same time...

Well, let's call them A, B, and C.

When you test A - all of them sound.
When you test B - B and C sound.
When you test C - only C makes sound.

Is this just a matter of how we wired them? All on the same circuit I believe, but not understanding the communication issue between them.

Odd place to bring this up, I realize - but I don't have many other places to go, and the nearest electrician is likely a hundred miles away so if it's simple and is just wiring them differently I can do that.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 09:50 PM
link   
a reply to: deadlyhope

yep, I would say they are definitely wired wrong,i`m no expert but I do know there are series circuits and parallel circuits and it sound s like the alarms are wired the wrong way.maybe they are wired in a series when they should be wired in a parallel,or maybe they are wired in a parallel when they should be wired in a series.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 10:00 PM
link   

I would think finding the correct schismatics online wouldn't be hard .

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Yep, wired wrong.

I deal with fire systems all the time.

Kind of wondering what kind of system she has because most residential in the US are battery operated and independent of each other.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 10:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Groot

Kind of wondering what kind of system she has because most residential in the US are battery operated and independent of each other.
Sounds like one that is hard wired to emergency services . The stand alone battery types don't usually send a signal other then the scream .

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Black and white need to be hooked up properly, as well as red/orange

The red/orange wires need to be all connected to each other on one circuit, it will notify the alarm system

I don't think this matters for inspection purposes as long as each one works when pressed, the communication to alarm unit isn't required, but good for safety obviously.

I would check all the wire nut connections, particularly the red one, pull them apart and make sure they are twisted onto bare wire properly.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 10:56 PM
link   

These have batteries, and are on electricity at the same time.

Independent of each other is what I'm used to, but the code inspector seems to expect them to all go off together

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 11:01 PM
link   

This helped me find a website that makes sense of it
communication between alarms

I'll have to check that the red wires are wired correctly

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Let's start with what system have you installed?

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 06:46 AM
link   

I agree with Tardacus. Wiring/sequential order...easily rectified. Series and/or parallel mixed up....

MS

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Because there was reports of DHS hacking and there are other dot's that need to be connected I feel this new YT vid puts together some really important facts into one YT clip . The Awans had access to DHS and this might be why DWS threatened the Police chief ...The short first part is interesting while the main body is a politician on Cspan

top topics

join