It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Czech Republic joins Poland, Hungary, and Slovakia on the Side of Responsible Sanity

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Butterfinger

Britain never really got involved, they separated by the English channel, not signatories to the Shengen travel area, have their border control in France, and are leaving the EU.
I completely understand these Eastern EU nations taking this stance.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Cool.

Now what are the Czech Rep., Hungary, & Poland going to do about the homosexual prison camps in Chechnya?

And for that matter what are the progressive, multiculturalists in Germany, France, & The UK going to do about Chechnya?

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: MysticPearl

Got to give that guy his due credit he's willing and able to get his own hands dirty to protect his stretch of the border...in all honesty though he strikes me as the kind of guy you would most certainly not want to get on the wrong side of ...the eastern Europeans don't eff around with PC BS

edit on 6-6-2017 by nickovthenorth because: i can't spel

edit on 6-6-2017 by nickovthenorth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Painterz

originally posted by: Perfectenemy
I can't stress that enough but Poland has ZERO terror attacks. Really makes you think.

Poland is also not actively bombing Muslims in Iraq and Syria. Also makes you think.

It makes me think you don't know what you're talking about. Poland was one of only 2 European nations (the UK being the other) to directly support the US led Iraq invasion. They also played a significant role in Afghanistan and are on record in full support of the strike against Syria www.reuters.com...

TRY AGAIN...

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: nickovthenorth

Got to give that guy his due credit he's willing and able to get his own hands dirty to protect is stretch of the border...in all honesty though he strikes me as the kind of guy you would most certainly not want to get on the wrong side of ...the eastern Europeans don't eff around with PC BS

I spend ample time in Bulgaria and have never had any issues.

It's actually refreshing to be in a place where you can just say what's on your mind, no censoring. I've never, not once heard "you shouldn't say that". Coming back to CA I always have to re-adjust because of all the mental pansies around here who get offended by anything.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColdWisdom

Cool.

Now what are the Czech Rep., Hungary, & Poland going to do about the homosexual prison camps in Chechnya?

And for that matter what are the progressive, multiculturalists in Germany, France, & The UK going to do about Chechnya?

Well, considering Chechnya is an independent country from those you listed, I'd suggest they stay out of it. Chechnya is part of the Russian Federation, not the EU and certainly not Czech, Hungary, or Poland.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 04:06 PM
link   

I bet that's quite an adjustment i would imagine they couldn't be more opposite of each other if they tried.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 04:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Painterz

originally posted by: Perfectenemy
I can't stress that enough but Poland has ZERO terror attacks. Really makes you think.

Poland is also not actively bombing Muslims in Iraq and Syria. Also makes you think.

Oh we did, in Iraq and Afganistan - its was our duty. But with so small percent of muslims in Poland they wouldn't prepare terror attacks. Any Arab or muslim would be beaten unfortunetly after any attack.

Our troops were even responsible for the one of the Afghan provinces Ghazni.
edit on Tue, 06 Jun 2017 16:19:10 -0500America/Chicago101906America/Chicago6302017f by residentofearth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 04:25 PM
link   
It would be nice if when a country decides to stop accepting refugees, they also stop bombing their point of origin (those that do). Governments that bomb the Middle East and then play the victim when attacked by people that have watched enough of their friends and family die, are actors at best. You have a hundred civilians killed in a blast in Syria due to bad intel, met with twenty-two dead at a concert in the UK. It's going to continue until Israel and the US pack it in or until the Earth is cleansed of demonic influence.

edit on 6-6-2017 by eisegesis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 04:51 PM
link   

During and after WWII, the world took in millions of Hungarians, Czechs and Poles. Now, these countries refuse to extend the same compassion. How soon some forget...

Earth to the sanity of strong borders and maintained limits.

Hypocrisy is equated to sanity these days...?

These EU countries like the Czechs and Polish are finally waking up to what it means to be an honest to god sovereign nation again, rather than the little lapdog of Germany's latest effort to control the entirety of Europe.

I hope one day the same attitude is held towards US Imperialism that has caused the biggest refugee AND migrant crisis seen in modern times.

As an American I believe that any movement of power away from a centralized government and towards sovereign states is to be applauded.

Ironically; American imperialism has created the exact opposite in many nations across the globe of what you applaud. In fact, it's policies have been working towards centralized government/hegemony since 1945...

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 04:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Involutionist

During and after WWII, the world took in millions of Hungarians, Czechs and Poles. Now, these countries refuse to extend the same compassion. How soon some forget...

Earth to the sanity of strong borders and maintained limits.

Hypocrisy is equated to sanity these days...?

These EU countries like the Czechs and Polish are finally waking up to what it means to be an honest to god sovereign nation again, rather than the little lapdog of Germany's latest effort to control the entirety of Europe.

I hope one day the same attitude is held towards US Imperialism that has caused the biggest refugee AND migrant crisis seen in modern times.

As an American I believe that any movement of power away from a centralized government and towards sovereign states is to be applauded.

Ironically; American imperialism has created the exact opposite in many nations across the globe of what you applaud. In fact, it's policies have been working towards centralized government/hegemony since 1945...

The people they were accepting weren't religious maniacs.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: residentofearth

You have done well to keep them out.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: 123143

The people they were accepting weren't religious maniacs.

The ignorance of painting every refugee with the same brush is appalling. As if everybody from these crisis zones are *religious* people and extremist—they are simply running away from the mess the West has created.

Ignorant people tend to promote fascist ideologies which are no different than the terrorist claiming to represent Islam.

Speaking of "maniac", there are some political figures in Hungary promoting abusive policies.

Migration was high on the agenda when the EU’s migration commissioner, Dimitris Avramopoulos, visited Budapest last week. But, after lengthy discussions with Hungary’s justice and interior ministers, his public remarks after the meeting on 28 March did not, incredibly, touch upon the brutality of Hungary’s policies towards asylum-seekers and migrants.

Despite an escalation of Hungary’s anti-migrant stance, in growing contradiction to EU standards, the commissioner opted not to call publicly on Viktor Orban’s government to change its policies and to treat asylum seekers with the respect and dignity they deserve.

That new law allows for the blanket detention of almost all asylum seekers, including children of 14 and over. All asylum seekers, including those currently in open reception facilities, would be moved to container-type facilities at the border with Serbia, where they would be detained without a detention order, and with no time limit.

That's some Nazi s# right there.

www.hrw.org...

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Involutionist

Uh, the west also insulated itself against the only comparison between that war and the present war on terror: they made state sponsored Shinto ILLEGAL. It worked and made the world safe against the insanity of Japan believing their emperor was a deity and lining up to kill and die in the name of of their religious beliefs. Amazingly, nobody in a position of authority has taken the forward thinking and defensible position of making state sponsored Islam illegal, which is why we are in this situation currently. Instead of trying to weed out the "good" Muslims from the bad Muslims in some bizarre game of "who's got the bomb" while they cross into western borders, we should be severing any and all connections between their governments and their religion.

That's not the M.O. of the global world order, though. In fact just the opposite... the instant a secular Middle Eastern leader rises up such as Ghadaffi, Mubarak, or even Hussein, they attempt to eliminate whatever crackpot Ayatollah or Sheik caliphate runs the religious side of their government and the west jumps into action. End result is almost without fail a "new" Islamic country with an Islamic "democratically elected" leader that only serves to tighten the binds between their state and their religion (which fits the definition of a "cult" fairly well, might I add.)

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Czech government announced on Monday that it will stop taking refugees under an EU scheme to share asylum seekers who arrived in Greece and Italy, citing security concerns.

But will still let in all the NATO armor and troops to posture against Russia.
edit on 6-6-2017 by intrptr because: bb code

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Involutionist

THEY'RE NOT WELCOME NOR INVITED INTO THAT COUNTRY!!! Jesus Christ, why is detention of illegal aliens now magically compared to Nazi Germany when the comparison is utterly ridiculous? The Nazis TOOK PEOPLE FROM THEIR ESTABLISHED HOMES... Hungary is telling asylum seekers "No, we don't have a new home for you." You are comparing someone having $100 stolen from them to someone who went out looking for a $100 bill and didn't find one.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Involutionist

What percentage of the "refugees" are opposed to Sharia Law?

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

[

Czech government announced on Monday that it will stop taking refugees under an EU scheme to share asylum seekers who arrived in Greece and Italy, citing security concerns.

But will stilllet in all the NATO armor and troops to posture against Russia.

If you'd been forced into subservience to Nazi Germany for 6 years and then spent the next 45 years forced to be Moscow's bitch by the same European countries now trying to force the Czechs into doing what they say, you'd probably welcome NATO into your borders to assist you in keeping Russia from pulling a Georgia or Ukraine, too.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 05:58 PM
link   
"Side of Responsible Sanity" sounds dumb.

I doubt Jihadists are big on following immigration laws. Maybe the ones who are sure to get the proper permits are.

edit on 6-6-2017 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 06:01 PM
link   

So who's the bigger 'threat' then?

Refugees or Russians?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join