It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Went to a local mosque and this is what I overheard being taught to young Muslims

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 08:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: 23432

originally posted by: queenofswords

a reply to: 23432

I'm glad you put a smiley face beside that Erdogan comment.

In all due respect, please learn how to separate the comments from a poster you are responding to from your own statements. The way you did it is confusing....mine and yours blend together in one big box of wordy rhetoric.

Yeah I am lazy like that .

Can never be bothered to edit properly .

I figure if the reader is interested than they would read it anyhow .

Islam means Peace , so Shalom indeed .

Newbies might get confused. I certainly don't want someone attributing something YOU said to ME. We absolutely do not think alike regarding this particular topic.

Islam may "mean" peace....but not buying that brand of BS today.

Islam doesn't need you to buy anything ; you heard the message and that was the only requirement , you have free will.

Peace .

I didn't say it did. I don't NEED it to do anything. I heard the message alright, but I try not to listen to lies. Thank God Almighty that I do have free will, because in a predominately Muslim country, this female wouldn't have that freedom.
edit on 6-6-2017 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 09:04 PM
link   

In Arabic, the word 'Islam' means submission or surrender, actually.
edit on 6-6-2017 by Hertz because: spelling error

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 09:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hertz

Thank you, if that is true. See?..one lie (Islam means peace) has already been exposed.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Thank you, if that is true. See?..one lie (Islam means peace) has already been exposed.

I am waiting for them to say something like: "Islam is derived from the root word “salam”. From this root word, you can also derive the word peace."

And I will go a head and give that a preemptive: LOLwut?
edit on 6-6-2017 by Hertz because: clarification

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 09:19 PM
link   
a reply to: 23432

Don't you mean Allah?

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 09:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: silo13
a reply to: Deaf Alien

Thank you for the explanation but I don't have to leave the States (even though I spent the last 20 years in Sicily) to know what is happening here in the USA due to the Muslim infection.

peace

You mean you feel like the Native Indians did / do about your presence and what it did to THEIR land ?

*Face palm*
LOL
In all my days on ATS I've never met a 'gold' memeber who was a troll.
Now I have.
Oh how times have changed.

peace
edit on 5821Tuesday201713 by silo13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 09:54 PM
link   

I am waiting for them to say something like: "Islam is derived from the root word “salam”. From this root word, you can also derive the word peace."

And I will go a head and give that a preemptive: LOLwut?

In Arabic root words have nothing to do with each other. Anyone who speaks Arabic knows the root word salam is inrelated. In Arabic Islam means submission. But all religions do this to some extent.
edit on 6/6/17 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Did not know this. I do know that regarding the religion "Islam" I heard it was created by the Vatican. If that's true I'd like to know why the Vatican created it. a reply to: Willtell

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Thank you for the explanation but I don't have to leave the States (even though I spent the last 20 years in Sicily) to know what is happening here in the USA due to the Muslim infection.

peace

You mean you feel like the Native Indians did / do about your presence and what it did to THEIR land ?

*Face palm*
LOL
Now I have.

peace

I could quote your paragraph and only replace the word muslim with negro or a jew or a gay or communist and the naked truth of your hatred would be looking right @ you .

I am not trolling ,in fact you are so busy flaming that you forgot the netiquette pays same homage to flaming as it does to trolling .

Have you at least learnt that the horrific act of female circumsion is not exclusive to muslims or Islam ?

edit on 6-6-2017 by 23432 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 10:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: ISeekTruth101
So this late afternoon I walked into a local mosque that's only a few minutes from where I work, in London City. And I noticed there were a bunch of young Muslims there, almost like Sunday school. Really young, probably 9-12 years old being taught some basic stuff about Islam.

There were probably about 25 boys there from what I saw, and two teachers. I overheard the teacher saying the following things to the young Muslims:

"It does not matter what skin color, what language they speak or what race a human is, they should be respected and honored as they are all creations of...?"..

... "ALLAH!" the young boys promptly responded.

"You should never hurt innocent people no matter what anyone says because this is not correct Islamic teaching"

"You will see sometimes in some news somewhere or someone speaking and you hear someone hurt others or done something bad in name of Islam, and it become famous" .. "Then you have some others who just want to copy these bad things someone did, but this is not the correct teaching of Islam" "not to hurt other innocent people"

I for one was pleased that from such a young age, and it today's current climate young Muslims where being taught right from wrong, and not to end up like some of the weak radicalized individuals that claim to carry out terrible acts in the name of a religion.

I overheard this while I was praying at the Mosque there myself, and thought I would share this here as many have the wrong view of what Islam is about, and how true Muslims should really act.

The principle here is don't hurt innocent people, respect others of all walks of life. Do not become a radical, and hurt other people for no reason.

That is NOT what their holy book, the Quran teaches...In fact it teaches just the opposite...In fact again, the terrorist groups are living out what the Quran teaches...I don't think I believe your story...

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 10:12 PM
link   

peace

*Face palm*
LOL
Now I have.

peace

How was he being a troll? How did the Indians feel about ALL Europeans when some of them invaded their land?

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 10:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: ExposeAllEvil
Did not know this. I do know that regarding the religion "Islam" I heard it was created by the Vatican. If that's true I'd like to know why the Vatican created it. a reply to: Willtell

No it wasn't that rumor starts by claiming Mohamad was trained by Vatican. He wasn't and there would be no benefit since Islam ended up attacking pilgrims to the Holy land.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 10:13 PM
link   

It actually means peace and i gave the explanation for it few pages back .

Do you speak Arabic Habibi ?

Because if you don't than that makes your " knowledge " a hearsay .

Knowledge based on hearsay is as ignorant as it can get .

Deny Ignorance.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 10:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

peace

*Face palm*
LOL
Now I have.

peace

How was he being a troll? How did the Indians feel about ALL Europeans when some of them invaded their land?

There was no invasion even native amarucans don't think it was an invasion. It is much like what's happening in Europe right now. It's Imagration gone wild whenever a large population imagrates to a new area the people all ready there suffers.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 10:20 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

Ok but address my point. How about smallpox? After some Indians got sick and died from it, what did they think of all white people?

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 10:30 PM
link   

It actually means peace and i gave the explanation for it few pages back .

Do you speak Arabic Habibi ?

Because if you don't than that makes your " knowledge " a hearsay .

Knowledge based on hearsay is as ignorant as it can get .

Deny Ignorance.

No it doesn't Salamis not a root word has nothing to do with Islam. Root words are unrelated in meaning this isn't English. So your just showing your ignorance in how Arabic works. Islam root is SLM and so is Salam however the two are not related. For example in Arabic salama means tanning leather or stinging of a snake. As you can see hard to figure out what that has in common with the word Islam.

You bought in to a lie unless you think Islam is a stinging snake
edit on 6/6/17 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 10:31 PM
link   
a reply to: ISeekTruth101

You can't convince right-wing Christians. They're the worst kind of human. This is what they are being indoctrinated:

Death to Followers of Other Religions

Whoever sacrifices to any god, except the Lord alone, shall be doomed. (Exodus 22:19 NAB)

Kill the Entire Town if One Person Worships Another God

Suppose you hear in one of the towns the LORD your God is giving you that some worthless rabble among you have led their fellow citizens astray by encouraging them to worship foreign gods. In such cases, you must examine the facts carefully. If you find it is true and can prove that such a detestable act has occurred among you, you must attack that town and completely destroy all its inhabitants, as well as all the livestock. Then you must pile all the plunder in the middle of the street and burn it. Put the entire town to the torch as a burnt offering to the LORD your God. That town must remain a ruin forever; it may never be rebuilt. Keep none of the plunder that has been set apart for destruction. Then the LORD will turn from his fierce anger and be merciful to you. He will have compassion on you and make you a great nation, just as he solemnly promised your ancestors. “The LORD your God will be merciful only if you obey him and keep all the commands I am giving you today, doing what is pleasing to him.” (Deuteronomy 13:13-19 NLT)

Kill Followers of Other Religions.

1) If your own full brother, or your son or daughter, or your beloved wife, or you intimate friend, entices you secretly to serve other gods, whom you and your fathers have not known, gods of any other nations, near at hand or far away, from one end of the earth to the other: do not yield to him or listen to him, nor look with pity upon him, to spare or shield him, but kill him. Your hand shall be the first raised to slay him; the rest of the people shall join in with you. You shall stone him to death, because he sought to lead you astray from the Lord, your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, that place of slavery. And all Israel, hearing of this, shall fear and never do such evil as this in your midst. (Deuteronomy 13:7-12 NAB)

2) Suppose a man or woman among you, in one of your towns that the LORD your God is giving you, has done evil in the sight of the LORD your God and has violated the covenant by serving other gods or by worshiping the sun, the moon, or any of the forces of heaven, which I have strictly forbidden. When you hear about it, investigate the matter thoroughly. If it is true that this detestable thing has been done in Israel, then that man or woman must be taken to the gates of the town and stoned to death. (Deuteronomy 17:2-5 NLT)

Source

edit on 6-6-2017 by mekhanics because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 10:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kapusta
Muslim here. For all of you saying this is B.S. it's not ! I am part of an outreach group that teaches young Muslima and older ones about the dangers of these evil people khuaraij ideology (extremist ideology) is a cancer in Islam .

Allot of you are quick to discount this story but don't forget your very own captain of this mother Ship SkepticOverlord has had the same experience one evening while walking his dogs he overhead the imam saying similar things.

www.islamagainstextremism.com...

Enlighten your self .
Really??? Do you support Hamas, Hizbollah, the Taliban, the Muslim Brotherhood, ISIS, and their offshoots??? Do you favor Sharia Law over the U.S. Constitution (if you live in the U.S.) ??? Do you support honor killings and female genital mutilation??? Do you support the Palestinians who teach their little kid to kill all Jews and Christians??? Do you or your mosque support any of these groups financially???

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 10:40 PM
link   
a reply to: WUNK22

There are many different Muslim groups. Most of the ones leaving the middle East are doing so to get away from the violence. There are of course exceptions, but that is why it can take years to get into some countries.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 10:42 PM
link   
a reply to: mekhanics

Old testament is no longer valid for Christians. The new testament was a new agreement with God. Islam is based off the old testament and I think your pointing out why that is a bad thing.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join