It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Went to a local mosque and this is what I overheard being taught to young Muslims

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 10:42 PM
link   
a reply to: mekhanics

Old testament is no longer valid for Christians. The new testament was a new agreement with God. Islam is based off the old testament and I think your pointing out why that is a bad thing.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 10:45 PM
link   
a reply to: ISeekTruth101

So this late afternoon I walked into a local mosque that's only a few minutes from where I work, in London City. And I noticed there were a bunch of young Muslims there, almost like Sunday school. Really young, probably 9-12 years old being taught some basic stuff about Islam.

Basic stuff. That is what it really boils down to.

There were probably about 25 boys there from what I saw, and two teachers. I overheard the teacher saying the following things to the young Muslims:

What about the girls?

"It does not matter what skin color, what language they speak or what race a human is, they should be respected and honored as they are all creations of...?"..

An admirable quality. Every race is equal and should be treated the same.

"You should never hurt innocent people no matter what anyone says because this is not correct Islamic teaching"

Yes. Innocent people should never be hurt. But who are the innocent?

"You will see sometimes in some news somewhere or someone speaking and you hear someone hurt others or done something bad in name of Islam, and it become famous" .. "Then you have some others who just want to copy these bad things someone did, but this is not the correct teaching of Islam" "not to hurt other innocent people"

Innocent people. Are infidels considered innocent people according to Islam?

Here is my take on the whole situation.
When a religion has an army of people who want to slaughter, butcher, set on fire, drown, and essentially just kill the guilty anyway they want, I can kind of see how that religion would be unappealing to some people.

I do not believe every Muslim is out to do these kinds of things, but there are armies of people who at least, claim to be Muslim, who are doing those things that I have mentioned.

I thank you for your post. Discussion on this matter, tends to bring out the children in the midst of the grown ups, because even children know when something is important. They just don't understand the proper way to discuss it.
I thank you for opening up this thread with reassurance. Reassurance that it is not all Muslims who hold fast to the barbaric ways of all the world, even today.

I overheard this while I was praying at the Mosque there myself, and thought I would share this here as many have the wrong view of what Islam is about, and how true Muslims should really act.

There are many Muslims that interpret their holy book, in many different ways. We have the same thing with Christianity. The part that is troubling is the fact that so many Muslims interpret it in a barbaric way. People seem to have the tendency to look for the bad in anything, often over looking the good.

The principle here is don't hurt innocent people, respect others of all walks of life. Do not become a radical, and hurt other people for no reason.

I could not agree more. But there is that word again. Innocent. I believe the definition to that word, from both sides of this issue, needs to be defined.

Peace.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 10:48 PM
link   
lovely words are cheap LOOK WHAT IS HAPPENING IN EUROPE.
A imam supposed to say that , a religion any religion is created to doctrinate peopel.
Oh man , I overheard things too ! local young whatever muslim thugs , insulting my wife. And local shop owner confirming me that we (Christians/europeans) are like dogs for most of them. There are exceptions yes.
If islam is the religion of peace (why do I see this MSM crap on ATS) then proof it dear muslim.
if islam has a cancer than cut it out dear muslim.

Where is that massive protest from a all the imams in the world against terrorism....

I've installed a firewall in my brain : Rules they (muslims) have to PROOF they mean no harm first , if not I assume they mean harm.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 10:49 PM
link   
This is good news, and a step in the right direction. But this is one Imam,
in one mosque, teaching tolerance and peace.

And while I applaud his efforts, I realize that the basic tenets of
Islam are not about tolerance.

Just like Christianity, Muslims are required to champion their religion.
Infidels (non-believers) are to be converted. But unlike Christianity
(post-Jesus and the gospels wherein the old testament is mostly
disregarded--and the golden rule now is the law) Muslims are still
required by the Hadith to convert non-believers, or tax them a
religious tax (Jizya) that allows them to live within the Muslim
community unharassed as second-class citizens.

This is a basic tenet of Islam, and is hardly tolerant.

And while I say that the OP's example is a step forward, it is
only one incremental step.

But bravo to that Imam...we need a million more like him,
or maybe (in the future) like her.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 11:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

originally posted by: 23432

originally posted by: Hertz

Islam means Peace , so Shalom indeed .

In Arabic, the word 'Islam' means submission or surrender, actually.

It actually means peace and i gave the explanation for it few pages back .

Do you speak Arabic Habibi ?

Because if you don't than that makes your " knowledge " a hearsay .

Knowledge based on hearsay is as ignorant as it can get .

Deny Ignorance.

No it doesn't Salamis not a root word has nothing to do with Islam. Root words are unrelated in meaning this isn't English. So your just showing your ignorance in how Arabic works. Islam root is SLM and so is Salam however the two are not related. For example in Arabic salama means tanning leather or stinging of a snake. As you can see hard to figure out what that has in common with the word Islam.

You bought in to a lie unless you think Islam is a stinging snake

I do speak Arabic a bit , do you ?

Muslim Leaders also agree that it means Peace.

I guess a non muslim such as you would know better than the muslims themselves .

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 11:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: frenchfries
lovely words are cheap LOOK WHAT IS HAPPENING IN EUROPE.
A imam supposed to say that , a religion any religion is created to doctrinate peopel.
Oh man , I overheard things too ! local young whatever muslim thugs , insulting my wife. And local shop owner confirming me that we (Christians/europeans) are like dogs for most of them. There are exceptions yes.
If islam is the religion of peace (why do I see this MSM crap on ATS) then proof it dear muslim.
if islam has a cancer than cut it out dear muslim.

Where is that massive protest from a all the imams in the world against terrorism....

I've installed a firewall in my brain : Rules they (muslims) have to PROOF they mean no harm first , if not I assume they mean harm.

I would say that at this point your brain is ruled by an unfounded fear instilled by Rothschild's minions.

Let's face it ; you will never be an objective observer because the fear won't allow it .

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 11:09 PM
link   
For the unaware :

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 11:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

If he banned Wahhabism then that would be a violation of the Constitution. He has to ban countries.
edit on 6-6-2017 by amfirst1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 11:35 PM
link   
a reply to: 23432

You clearly have never read about the Battle of Badr which is exceptionally well documented and was not at all in self defense. It was an unprovoked slaughter of innocents by Muhammad.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 11:41 PM
link   

For the unaware :

I noticed how well the Caliphate treated it's prisoners.

Do they still kill you if you decide to leave the peaceful religion ?

I watched a video today, some Muslims were destroying a Church.

I know some great Muslim people.

I just want no part of your Religion.

Can you respect that ?

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 11:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hertz

Islam means Peace , so Shalom indeed .

In Arabic, the word 'Islam' means submission or surrender, actually.

It actually means peace and i gave the explanation for it few pages back .

Do you speak Arabic Habibi ?

Because if you don't than that makes your " knowledge " a hearsay .

Knowledge based on hearsay is as ignorant as it can get .

Deny Ignorance.

No it doesn't Salamis not a root word has nothing to do with Islam. Root words are unrelated in meaning this isn't English. So your just showing your ignorance in how Arabic works. Islam root is SLM and so is Salam however the two are not related. For example in Arabic salama means tanning leather or stinging of a snake. As you can see hard to figure out what that has in common with the word Islam.

You bought in to a lie unless you think Islam is a stinging snake

I do speak Arabic a bit , do you ?

Muslim Leaders also agree that it means Peace.

I guess a non muslim such as you would know better than the muslims themselves .

I lived in Egypt for 6 years so yeah I speak Arabic.Also did some work with ExxonMobil in saudi so I'd say I know more than a little. And I know root words like slm. You believe Salam to be a root word it's not. Salam and salama are unrelated. In Arabic everything was based off symbols. And these symols are used for pronunciation. But not for meaning.

Don't ever assume on a place like here there isn't someone with experience you don't have. Would it shock you to know I studied Islam and would frequent Sultan Hassan in cairo. A family friend lives in Cairo and introduced me to Islam. Also the reason I fully understand the danger as well. Islam can be corupted and those with little or incorrect training are easily manipulated.
edit on 6/6/17 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 11:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Outlier13

You clearly have never read about the Battle of Badr which is exceptionally well documented and was not at all in self defense. It was an unprovoked slaughter of innocents by Muhammad.

I am quiet familiar with it and the truth .

Mohammed had 305 people army vs 950 Kuresyh army.

70 people dead at the Kureysh army and 14 dead in mohammed's army.

Only 2 people who were guilty of oppressing muslims and were hung while the rest of pow's ransomed as per Arab traditiion.

Kureysh Army was backed by a Jewish tribe Bin Kaynuka thus breaking the pact between muslims and jews ; they got expelled from the area .

Do I need to give you the reasons why War begun or how actually it was fought ?

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Who is Rothchild and his minions a movie ?
So skepticoverlord rapped about the religion of peace , btw here is he ?

JUST Being objective , wife verbally assaulted by islamitic people , that visit their whatever imam every week.That is bad !

Attacks in my country very bad !

MSM drivel on ATS...islam religion of the peace PROOF IT dear muslim, muslims say islam has cancer 'not my words'.

I would say stage 4 , and i dont care about the patient , I care about my wife and kids and my country.

Fear not being objective lol ? Even if you eat a lot of rabbits you never will become a carrot

edit on 662017 by frenchfries because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Only 2 people who were guilty of oppressing muslims and were hung while the rest of pow's ransomed as per Arab traditiion.

Kureysh Army was backed by a Jewish tribe Bin Kaynuka thus breaking the pact between muslims and jews ; they got expelled from the area .

Because mohamad kept raiding the caravans out mecca. When he heard of a particularly wealthy one he planned to steal it. Well his plan worked and he brat a force 3 times his size.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 12:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere

For the unaware :

I noticed how well the Caliphate treated it's prisoners.

Do they still kill you if you decide to leave the peaceful religion ?

I watched a video today, some Muslims were destroying a Church.

I know some great Muslim people.

I just want no part of your Religion.

Can you respect that ?

First the entity whom you believe to be the Caliphate is not accepted by any muslim Nation .
Second the Caliphate is bestowed into the bossom of Turkish Parliament and it remains there as of today.
Third There is no compulsion in Islam .
Fourth Quran doesn't say kill those who stop believing in Islam

I respect people who deserve my respect , regardless of their religion or choice.

What I don't respect is half truths , outright lies and scare mongering.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Because mohamad kept raiding the caravans out mecca. When he heard of a particularly wealthy one he planned to steal it. Well his plan worked and he brat a force 3 times his size.

Mohammed was expelled and his livelyhood stolen by Kureysh family because what Islam taught was against Usury .
And than starving muslims begun the raid the Caravans .

You really need to read the BOTH sides and than make up your mind .

Mohammeds admirers were already in existence before he ever spoke a word of Islam to anyone at age 39.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 12:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: frenchfries

Who is Rothchild and his minions a movie ?
So skepticoverlord rapped about the religion of peace , btw here is he ?

JUST Being objective , wife verbally assaulted by islamitic people , that visit their whatever imam every week.That is bad !

Attacks in my country very bad !

MSM drivel on ATS...islam religion of the peace PROOF IT dear muslim, muslims say islam has cancer 'not my words'.

I would say stage 4 , and i dont care about the patient , I care about my wife and kids and my country.

Fear not being objective lol ? Even if you eat a lot of rabbits you never will become a carrot

You are on ATS and asking who is this Rothschilds ?

Use the search function.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Man you dont understand the point so elaborate this is ff on the streets (I live in europe), look I 'know' about Rothchilds, but it's an abstract I mean a boogieman

I meant it's here forget about the abstract... should I be worried about some Conspiracy theory or about my family being assaulted by real islamits that like to taste a 'yazidi' girl. I mean the situation is so bad that I dont even want to know if i'm objective anymore. Imams have to take action , preaching doesnt cut it they have to educate their people and show some respect to the locals. Islam is a very agressive 'religion' as it is.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 12:19 AM
link   

I appreciate your effort but you are wasting your time trying to educate some of these people.
Look through their posting history and you'll notice they come to every thread about islam/muslims and sphew same crap over and over again.
Just a bunch of hypocrites who claim that muslims don't do enough to fight terrorism yet they don't see any problems that their own government is selling weapons and is allied with #1 exporter of Wahabi islam and terrorism.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Your quick Google search to get you up to speed yielded you nothing but fake news.

Good try though.

Oh yeah and the reason people give Muslims sh**t is because the ONLY news in the news is about radicalized Islam. You get that right? If you want to grind an axe then take it to the MSM. There are plenty of people who are always going to be obtuse when it comes to religious ideologies. They are not the reason there is so much discord.

edit on 7-6-2017 by Outlier13 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join