It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you a True Believer in the New Religion

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: D8Tee

So 65,000,000 years ago the average temperature was 90-100 f degrees on earth, including the poles..... and carbon Dioxide levels were 500% higher than they are today...... plants everywhere giant dinosaurs eating them everywhere.... and you refuse to believe that it's just natural a natural cycle. The truth is that the world is much much colder than it was in the past and there is much much less CO2.

www.google.com...

www.thoughtco.com...

edit on 4-6-2017 by fatkid because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: CreationBro

More like the blatant exaggeration of the impact we are having.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 07:15 PM
link   
a reply to: fatkid

and you refuse to believe that it's just natural a natural cycle.

Not sure how you got that from my posts. After scrutinizing the data and evidence, a cost benefit analysis shows that increasing C02 levels are beneficial to the planet.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 07:16 PM
link   
interesting how scams and conspiracies are being conflated with religious practice, even in a sarcastic tone. surely that would have been a sacrilegious comparison in the eyes of the truly devout. almost as though some are suggesting that to be swindled is to be religious.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 08:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: D8Tee

originally posted by: bastion
Maybe they shuold put the money into US education? It seems desperatley needed.

It's a scientific fact, not a myth. I'll put it in the simplest terms possible.

Carbon is Black
Black things absorb heat
The more Carbon in the atmopshere, the warmer the atmosphere.

Most three or four year olds have already mastered that level. Time to play catch up.

Pure Carbon isn't being spewed into the air. It's in the form of Carbon Dioxide, a colorless odorless gas.

Not really, very few emissions are pure, a lot is Carbon Black, plus gasses are comprised of atoms and the albedo value of carbon atom is 0.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Carbon is Black
Black things absorb heat

Most three or four year olds have already mastered that level. Time to play catch up.

Pure Carbon isn't being spewed into the air. It's in the form of Carbon Dioxide, a colorless odorless gas.

Not really, very few emissions are pure, a lot is Carbon Black, plus gasses are comprised of atoms and the albedo value of carbon atom is 0.

Quit speaking above your education and intelligence level, you're not fooling anyone.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Carbon is Black
Black things absorb heat

Quit speaking above your education and intelligence level, you're not fooling anyone.

My sincerest and humblest appologies for having worked in post grad BNE and knowing gasses are made of atoms. I bow down to your discovery that all scientific knowlege of atoms is wrong.

It's a proven fact combustion isn't 100% and the majority of emissions are Carbon Black, Russian Diesel is one of the worst, here's a basic paper on it - onlinelibrary.wiley.com...
edit on 4-6-2017 by bastion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 09:41 PM
link   
a reply to: bastion

Carbon is Black
Black things absorb heat

It's a proven fact combustion isn't 100% and the majority of emissions are Carbon Black, Russian Diesel is one of the worst, here's a basic paper on it -

Your claim is carbon black is the primary emission?

I live beside a coal fired power plant, there's not much soot coming out of that chimney.

Carbon Dioxide is not black.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Carbon is Black
Black things absorb heat

It's a proven fact combustion isn't 100% and the majority of emissions are Carbon Black, Russian Diesel is one of the worst, here's a basic paper on it -

Your claim is carbon black is the primary emission?

I live beside a coal fired power plant, there's not much soot coming out of that chimney.

Carbon Dioxide is not black.

Yes, please read the paper penned by dozens of highly distinguished scientists, the diesel cars (primary emission and second most destructive greenhouse gas) I mentioned are not coal fired plants - some coal fired plants use cardon capture reduce C02 due to C02 taxes encouraging reduction in emissions to make them 98% C02 free - maybe yours is one but the plural of anecdote isnt data and the fact is standard coal plants are 40 to 42% efficient wirth the vast majority released into the atmosphere (any pics of the chimney not emitting a plume of grey/dark smoke?

Again please read up on atoms, carbon is black, carbon dioxide contains carbon atoms -hence the name. In science we call this the albedoeffect - C02 is black with an albedo vaue of 0 (absorbs heat) while polar ice caps are white with an albedo value of 1 (refract heat).

Anyway this conversation is clearly a waste of time and efforts to supply information have fallen on deaf/not even had the openning para read so I'm off.

edit on 5-6-2017 by bastion because: (no reason given)

If you still think I know nothing of the subject, are making up - you don't have to take my word for it - here's the world coal association also proving the fact they're 40% efficient - www.worldcoal.org...

'Moving the current average global efficiency rate of coal-fired power plants from 33% to 40% by deploying more advanced off-the-shelf technology could cut two gigatonnes of CO2 emissions now, while allowing affordable energy for economic development and poverty reduction. '

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Again please read up on atoms, carbon is black, carbon dioxide contains carbon atoms -hence the name. In science we call this the albedoeffect - C02 is black with an albedo vaue of 0 (absorbs heat) while polar ice caps are white with an albedo value of 1 (refract heat).
ummm, did you make it to the point where you got to learn about covalent bonding and molecules?

Carbon dioxide is a colorless odorless gas that is heavier than air.

Ceee Ohhh Two right?
edit on 5-6-2017 by D8Tee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 12:53 AM
link   

ummm, did you make it to the point where you got to learn about covalent bonding and molecules?

Carbon dioxide is a colorless odorless gas that is heavier than air.

Ceee Ohhh Two right?

Yeah by age 7 we covered convalent bonds

At age 12 we covered carbon and the fact C02 bonds are non polar and weigh more due to the presence of carbon

At age 14 we covered the fact C02 bonds increase in non poalrity as higher incidence of non linear bonds

Eiter way they're both black, indeed it weighs more but the heat is what causes it to rise

The papers I psoted also point out these facts adn your misunderstandinhs of covalent bonds and molecules, why not read it instead of wasting time trying to argue on the internet instead of educate yourself?

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Eiter way they're both black, indeed it weighs more but the heat is what causes it to rise

Dude, C02 is a colorless gas. End of story. It is not black. It has absorption bands but I won't speak to that, seems above your pay grade. As far as the 'rising' thats complex. Gases don't separate like oil and water. Brownian motion and just plain old turbulence keep them mixed.

At age 12 we covered carbon and the fact C02 bonds are non polar and weigh more due to the presence of carbon

At age 14 we covered the fact C02 bonds increase in non poalrity as higher incidence of non linear bonds

LMAO, you just googled something and wrote it down to make yourself look smart, you're funny. You state it weighs more due to the presence of carbon, weighs more than what?

The papers I psoted also point out these facts adn your misunderstandinhs of covalent bonds and molecules, why not read it instead of wasting time trying to argue on the internet instead of educate yourself?
I don't have to read a paper to speak to covalent bonds, it's quite simple actually. You can correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm quite certain that C02 is a covalently bonded molecule. No, i did not have to google that.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 11:42 AM
link   
A wee thing called atomic mass. Stochastic matrices, Guasiann integers and Markov chains were the three main modules in my final year so had to endure the ins and outs of Brownian and Wiener's it's a miracle I evver got laid.

Hate to burst your bubble but I graduated and worked at the Jeremiah Horrocks Institute and International Physics Symposium there, The odd bits and bobs on the solar dynamics observervatory alongside Stanford and Harvaard, work on the SPICA telescope with Vigina Popescu and Richard J Tuffs of Max Plank Institute, Don Kurtz on using sound to determine the properties of atmopheres in objects deteced by the Kepler telescope so far too much abut it to be healthy and had the luxury of working with world class experts who are brilliant teachers (Don especially, Tuffs party trick was to accurately calculate any sum I or anyone could ask in his head before any of the profs had even written half the sum down - his genius was terrifying)

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

Agreed.

Now to deprogram everyone.

Or repurpose that programming .lol. Actually....

edit on 6 5 2017 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 04:26 PM
link   

You never answered my question. Weighs more than what?

C02 is black with an albedo vaue of 0 (absorbs heat) while polar ice caps are white with an albedo value of 1 (refract heat).
Patently false. You have a degree all right, in BS.

It's not my first run in with you. I learned long ago that people like you who 'claim' all of these credentials are the ones that don't have any. People with solid credentials don't go around on internet forums bragging about them, their posts speak for themselves. You are a pretender, nothing more, nothing less. Forums are full of them.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 05:28 PM
link   

You never answered my question. Weighs more than what?

C02 is black with an albedo vaue of 0 (absorbs heat) while polar ice caps are white with an albedo value of 1 (refract heat).
Patently false. You have a degree all right, in BS.

Ernm it's a scientific fact - scied.ucar.edu...

If you think I'm making any of this upo please feel free to ring up the following scientists I entioned earlier, their numers and emails are on here - www.star.uclan.ac.uk... and I'm proud of my degree and oublished work wit them, admitedly I no longer have tuffs phone number but if you email him mentioning the 2011 incident with the telescope and the golfball I'm sure he'd be more than willing to discuss our work together.

The results of my degreem, work in the area is all public - instead of libeling me claiming I'm a liarm why not phone up the unviversities and scientists whose details I've provided in the above link to verify my work in the area.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Don't be such an idiot, C02 is a colorless gas, it doesn't have an 'albedo'. WTF is wrong with you, you need to see your neurologist?

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 05:34 PM
link   

The results of my degreem, work in the area is all public - instead of libeling me claiming I'm a liarm why not phone up the unviversities and scientists whose details I've provided in the above link to verify my work in the area.
You think that C02 is soaking up heat from the sunlight and warming the earth. Like I said, the only degree you have is one in BS.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Don't be such an idiot, C02 is a colorless gas, it doesn't have an 'albedo'. WTF is wrong with you, you need to see your neurologist?

Wow you really are a grade a # aren't you? Thanks for mocking my disability - instead of comitting yet more criminal offences why not read up on what the albedo measure of carbon is and the fundamentals of atoms, gassses, liquids and solids before making roe of a tool of yourself.

Strange how you managed to ring up several universities in a few seconds - finakl chance, retarct your claim, speak to my professors and previous colleaagues or I sue you for libel derfamation, disiblity hate crime and loss of earnings.

The numbers are here - ring them and they'll more than happy to dsicuss my work (and embarassing tales) -

Professors
Name Email Personal Telephone Room Role
Prof. Don Kurtz dwkurtz 3735 LE211 Professor of Astrophysics
Prof. Cristina Popescu cpopescu Personal 3551 LE106 Professor of Astrophysics, Research degrees tutor
Prof. Robert Walsh rwwalsh 4282 AB111 Professor of Astrophysics, University Director of Research
Prof. Derek Ward-Thompson dward-thompson Personal 3829 LE007 Professor of Astrophysics, Director of Jeremiah Horrocks Institute
top of the pageLecturing Staff
Dr. Sylvy Anscombe sanscombe 3544 LE305 Lecturer in Mathematics
Dr. Megan Argo margo 5157 LE305 Lecturer in Astronomy
Dr. Danielle Bewsher dbewsher Personal 3271 LE104 Senior Lecturer in Mathematics
Dr. Phil Bissell pbissell 3563 MBB02 Lecturer in Mathematics
Dr. Dominic Bowman dbowman1 Personal 6413 LE308 Lecturer in Astronomy
Dr. Kevin Bowman kbowman 3549 LE006A Senior Lecturer in Mathematics, Course Leader for Mathematics
Dr. Daniel Brown dsbrown 3305 LE208 Reader in Solar Physics
Mr Ian Butchart ibutchart 3565 LE306 Principal Lecturer. Academic Lead - Physics, Astrophysics and Mathematics
Dr. Tim Cawthorne tvcawthorne Personal 3731 LE209 Senior Lecturer in Physics and Mathematics, Research degrees tutor
Dr. Roger Clowes rgclowes Personal 3526 LE310 Reader in Extragalactic Astrophysics
Dr. Silvia Dalla sdalla Personal 3527 LE105 Reader in Solar Physics
Dr. Victor Debattista vpdebattista Personal 3568 LE210 Reader in Astrophysics
Dr. Stewart Eyres spseyres Personal 3742 CM229 Head of School. Reader in Stellar Astrophysics
Dr. Paul Freeman pgfreeman 3302 LE307 Lecturer in Physics
Dr. Monika Gamza mgamza Personal 3262 LE307 Lecturer in Physics
Dr. Barbara Hassall bjmhassall 3570 LE113 Senior Lecturer. Course Leader - Astronomy Distance Learning
Dr. Charlotte Kestner ckestner 2379 LE305 Lecturer in Mathematics
Dr. Imran Khan ikhan12 2376 LE006A Associate Lecturer in Mathematics
Dr. Jason Kirk jmkirk 6416 LE309 Lecturer in Astrophysics - Foundation Course Leader
Dr. Serban Lepadatu slepadatu 3553 LE005 Lecturer in Experimental Physics
Dr. Paul Marston pmarston 3542 LE114 Senior Lecturer in Mathematics
Dr. Steve McCann smmccann 3304 LE114 Associate Lecturer in Physics
Dr. Tim Mercer tmercer1 3161 LE005 Senior Lecturer in Nanophysics and Magentic Materials
Dr. Mark Norris mnorris2 3548 LE104 Lecturer in Astronomy
Dr. Shane O'Hehir so-hehir 3733 LE309 Lecturer in Physics and Engineering, Stage 1 Tutor for Physics
Dr. Brett Patterson bapatterson 3567 LE208 Senior Lecturer in Physics. Course Leader - Physics
Dr. Davide Penazzi dpenazzi 3827 LE116 Lecturer in Mathematics
Dr. Joanne Pledger jpledger 6411 LE308 Lecturer in Astrophysics - Outreach Co-ordinator
Dr. Christopher Powles cpowles 3572 LE116 Lecturer in Mathematics
Dr. Chris Reynolds creynolds5 5160 LE114 Lecturer in Astronomy
Dr. Anne Sansom aesansom Personal 3730 LE308 Senior Lecturer in Astrophysics. Astronomy Distance Learning Coordinator
Dr. Joe Smerdon jsmerdon 2700 LE006 Guild Research Fellow, Nanophysics and Magnetic Materials
Dr. Aimilia Smyrli asmyrli 3283 LE114 Lecturer in Astrophysics
Dr. Dimitris Stamatellos dstamatellos Personal 6418 LE113 Guild Research Fellow, Star and Planet Formation
Dr. Karen Syres ksyres 3580 LE006 Lecturer in Experimental Physics
top of the pageResearch Staff
Dr. Markus Battarbee mbattarbee 3283 LE115 Post-Doctoral Research Associate
Dr. Alex Dunhill adunhill 3160 LE115 Post-Doctoral Research Associate
Dr. Daniel Holdsworth dlholdsworth 3290 LE115 Post-Doctoral Research Associate
Dr. Timo Laitinen tlmlaitinen Personal 3280 LE115 Post-Doctoral Research Associate
Dr. Giovanni Natale gnatale Personal 3287 LE115 Post-Doctoral Research Associate
Dr. Kate Pattle kpattle Personal 2709 LE115 Post-Doctoral Research Associate
Dr. Ding Yuan dyuan2 3163 MB208 Post-Doctoral Research Associate
top of the pageResearch Students
Steven Bourn sbourn 2686 MBB002 Nanophysics and Magnetic Materials
David Bresnahan dwbresnahan 3560 MB208 Stellar Physics
Aaron Brocklebank ajbrocklebank1 3573 LE302 Stellar Physics
Sam Earp swearp Personal 3573 LE302 Extragalactic Astrophysics
Tracey Friday tfriday 3560 MB208 Extragalactic Astrophysics
Zoe Henderson zhenderson 2686 MBB002 Experimental Physics
Chris Kaye ckaye 3573 LE302 Extragalactic Astrophysics
Tom Kirk tkirk 3573 LE302 Mathematics
Adam Knowles atknowles 3573 LE302 Extragalactic Astrophysics
Daniel Lee dtlee1 3573 LE302 Solar Physics
Alex Lodge alodge 3573 LE302 Theoretical Star Formation and Exoplanets
Ben Macfarlane bmacfarlane 3573 LE302 Theoretical Star Formation and Exoplanets
Anthony Mercer apmercer 3573 LE302 Theoretical Star Formation and Exoplanets
Raeesa Parker rparker4 3560 MB208 Stellar Physics
Maider Sancho Miranda msancho 3573 LE302 Extragalactic Astrophysics
Simon Smalley ssmalley1 6415 MBB002 Nanophysics and Magnetic Materials
Bill Swalwell bswalwell 3560 MB208 Solar Physics
Jordan Thirlwall jjthirlwall 3573 LE302 Extragalactic Astrophysics
Ben Thompson bthompson1 Personal 3573 LE302 Extragalactic Astrophysics
Andrew Walker awalker 3573 LE302 Solar Physics
Peter Zelina pzelina 3573 LE302 Solar Physics
top of the pageVisiting Fellows
Prof. Vin Barocas Emeritus Professor, former Director of Observatories
Dr. Martin Birch mjbirch 3554 Senior Visiting Fellow
Prof. Philip Bissel pbissell 3563 Emeritus Professor, Nanophysics and Magnetic Materials
Prof. Gordon Bromage gebromage 3569 Emeritus Professor, Astrophysics, Former JHI Director
Dr. Barbara Bromage bjibromage 3584 Emeritus Reader in Solar Physics
Dr. Flavio De Lorenzi Visiting Fellow
Dr. Kate Gibson Visiting Fellow
Dr. John Hargreaves jhargreaves 3554 Senior Visiting Fellow
Prof. Michael Holmes mcholmes 3561 Emeritus Professor, former Dean of Graduate Research Schoo
Dr. Bogdan Pastrav Visiting Fellow
Dr. Mark Rushton Visiting Fellow
Prof. Dejan Vinkovic Visiting Professor, Executive director of the Science and Society Synergy Institute - University of Split
Prof. Gerard Williger Visiting Fellow
top of the pageSupport Staff
David Capstick star 3564 MB208 Starlink System Administrator
Dr. Adam Clarke aclarke13 Personal 3288

Or you can ring the press office here to obtain copy of our work in the fields.

Chris Theobald - 01772 894424 - [email protected]
Rachel Atkinson - 01772 894423 - [email protected]
Lyndsey Boardman - 01772 894116 - [email protected]

edit on 5-6-2017 by bastion because: There's also a video of my appearance on the BBC on youtube here after I spearheaded the campaign to stop the Uni going private and features many profs in the subhect in the main footage - wasn't by finest media moment though as had bitten msot my tongue of that morning during a siezure and was only trying to help Dave Guest gain Vox Pops but was on live tv within a second

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 05:41 PM
link   

- C02 is black with an albedo vaue of 0 (absorbs heat) while polar ice caps are white with an albedo value of 1 (refract heat).
Wrong, and no amount of twisting and squirming can make you right. Shoo fly.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join