It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you a True Believer in the New Religion

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: ttobban

Indeed...the red/blue paradigm of politicians that take money from Lobbyists then dance their dance.

Trump's "lobbyist" is The People. I firmly believe that. Not that he doesn't have to give and take to get goals accomplished, but I don't think he is in anybody's pocket to the point he has to sell the American taxpayer down the drain to appease some special interest. His special interest is The American Workers and The American Taxpayer.

I am so proud of him for having the gumption to pull out of the Paris Accord leaving the door open for negotiations on a better economic deal for The American Taxpayer.

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

those that have joined the Religion of Climatology are becoming fanatics that blindly believe the scriptures the scammers are using, and are content to give these Big Organized Funds money to move around, play with, and suck up into their personal coffers without ever having to answer to The People.

The leaders and followers of Climatology could give a crap about "The People". They live in an elite bubble world of Academia for their educations and then they join Think Tanks and go to posh conferences in Rio and become members of NGO's who draft things like Agenda 21 where they write up Utopian proposals to force the "useless eaters" to live in Shipping Container Housing communities. Their only interest is in controlling and manipulating the "little people" and take a look at the slums around Rio and you see the kind of dystopian hell hole they create. The elites live downtown and fly home on the weekends to their ranches on helicopters because it isn't safe to drive out of Rio without heavily armed guard.

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 01:17 PM
link   
What scares me is a friend who has a PhD in Ecology believes this climate change dogma.
He's also a never-Trumper.
Thing is 10 years ago I could make sense of him.
Since he's worked in the University system it's like he's been replaced with a body double.

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
What scares me is a friend who has a PhD in Ecology believes this climate change dogma.
Since he's worked in the University system it's like he's been replaced with a body double.

It's probably because of peer pressure. Most people succumb to it. Some don't. But, he works around people that tend to walk in lock-step and drink whatever flavor of Kool-aid the University dispenses. It tends to suck something out of your brain that served you well in the past. You become complacent.....and then compliant.
edit on 3-6-2017 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

Might be because his education has exposed him to the very real science behind climate change

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

Financial Scam

That video was probably the best explanation of what is going on with cap and trade I have ever heard. Like all things government corporations do whatever is needed to sustain the corporation and continue the money flow.

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 01:31 PM
link   

I relate completely. We are seeing sound judgments of character of past become clouded by the personal involvement/passion of these people. It's a crying shame too, because they're end result intentions come from a pure and logical reasoning.

It's like the debate of Mother Earth's diet. She needs to eat and clearly healthy options are better than unhealthy ones. Even non believer's want climate change for the better... it's just how we go about it is recognized as a hindrance because of seeign where the financial benefits are playing out in the arenas of carbon credits.

It's why I previously brought up the Red/Blue vortex. It's easy to keep the tyranny's in place when the masses think the answers can only come from one of 2 sources. Once we expand to 5 parties or more, the secular views of the only 2 choices will expand to include results that manifest beyond the financial scales.

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals

He probably knows what would happen if he stepped out of the box he has been placed in.

Even PhDs can be brainwashed/programmed/coerced.

It's not so much about the science. The science is all over the place actually. It is more about the simple-minded reactionary response to just allow our political leaders to rape the taxpayers and throw money at some Big Globalist Slush Fund because it has a name like Green Fund and a flowery worded mission described on a slick website.

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

ow i quite honestly cannot be arsed in spending the next half hour to a hour trawling through the inter-webs for all the links, quotes and videos that all say man made climate change is quite possibly the biggest threat mankind has ever faced, only to be called a ignorant, brainwashed "libtard" or have you come back at me with some BS pseudo-science.

Is Man Made Climate Change the reason Sea Levels are rising? Isn't that proof right there?
edit on 3-6-2017 by D8Tee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 01:44 PM
link   

At that level you're talking about metaphysics.

I think it is one helluva Conspiracy perpetrated on the world.

The whole concept of a scientific method, or the genral positivism these days, is a conspiracy. The whole industrialisation if you will, as it reflects the same materialistic approach to that, what we call reality. It's all about self-sufficiency and the conquest of nature. And while we were persuing that path, which was ought to lead us away from the terrors of mysticism in a cruel environment, we've just created other believe-systems with it's own merits, flaws and priests.

“Enlightenment, understood in the widest sense as the advance of thought, has always aimed at liberating human beings from fear and installing them as masters. Yet the wholly enlightened earth radiates under the sign of disaster triumphant”

Dialectics of Enlightenment

edit on 3-6-2017 by PublicOpinion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: D8Tee

ow i quite honestly cannot be arsed in spending the next half hour to a hour trawling through the inter-webs for all the links, quotes and videos that all say man made climate change is quite possibly the biggest threat mankind has ever faced, only to be called a ignorant, brainwashed "libtard" or have you come back at me with some BS pseudo-science.

Is Man Made Climate Change the reason Sea Levels are rising? Isn't that proof right there?

So, one should ask, why the steady rise since 1850s? Notice no "Hocky Stick" after 1945?

edit on 3-6-2017 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Follow the money... there is a lot more money (especially for those that are pulling the strings at the moment) in climate change denial. That should've been your first hint.

My father had a PhD in Ecology. He did research, published and taught for 50 years. There is no money there. You go into that field for the love of science and the love of education. I made more than he ever did after only 3 years in advertising. American priorities.

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

originally posted by: D8Tee

So, one should ask, why the steady rise since 1850s? Notice no "Hocky Stick" after 1945?

Exactly my point. And for all those that will come in here and claim otherwise, you are mistaken and there are peer reviewed papers and empirical evidence that says otherwise, so don't bother arguing. Just accept you been lied to, the sea level is rising no faster now than it was 150 years ago.

The important conclusion of our study is not that the data sets we analyze display small sea-level decelerations, but that accelerations, whether negative or positive (we reference studies that found small positive accelerations), are quite small. To reach the multimeter levels projected for 2100 by RV requires large positive accelerations that are one to two orders of magnitude greater than those yet observed in sea-level data.

Sea Level Acceleration Based on the US Tide Guages and Extensionss of Previous Global Gauge Analyses

edit on 3-6-2017 by D8Tee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: PublicOpinion

At that level you're talking about metaphysics.

I think it is one helluva Conspiracy perpetrated on the world.

The whole concept of a scientific method, or the genral positivism these days, is a conspiracy. The whole industrialisation if you will, as it reflects the same materialistic approach to that, what we call reality. It's all about self-sufficiency and the conquest of nature. And while we were persuing that path, which was ought to lead us away from the terrors of mysticism in a cruel environment, we've just created other believe-systems with it's own merits, flaws and priests.

“Enlightenment, understood in the widest sense as the advance of thought, has always aimed at liberating human beings from fear and installing them as masters. Yet the wholly enlightened earth radiates under the sign of disaster triumphant”

Dialectics of Enlightenment

Basically, you are saying we have replaced the mysticism of standard religion with a new religion with its own system of beliefs, organization, and heirarchy. (New...but the same.)

It, too, is growing its fanatics and proselytizers and trying to drown out other voices that may not embrace the entire dogma and methods used to "get you into Heaven" (metaphorically speaking).

It, too, argues over which "scriptures/studies" should be included in their particular "holy writings". Is John's "studies" better than those of "Paul"? That type of thing.

I believe we are awakening to the realization that we no longer have to be passive receptacles to the bullspit regurgitated by one "religion" or another type of "religion".

I believe in following the money. That is what this OP is trying to do. It is not trying to knock down the new religion. It is trying to expose the heirarchy, the "popes", the "bishops", the "councils", "the conventions", the "programs" that suck money and do nothing measurable, while the rank and file just fork over their $$$$ into those coffers in hopes they are just doing the right thing and MIGHT get saved in the interim.

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 03:15 PM
link   

A brilliant post. The only way to fight superstition is with science. This has been proven time and time again.

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Might be because his education has exposed him to the very real science behind climate change

Thank god we are moving into an era where your 'very real science' will be open for debate, it will be exposed for the deception that is it.

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: D8Tee

Do you deny the scientific fact burning fossil fuel puts carbon particles into the atmosphere?

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: PublicOpinion

Isn't that what any religion does? It holds a Sword of Damocles over your head. If you don't do this, if you don't believe this way, disaster will strike and you will be annihilated. $$$$$ will help though. Just give us your money and we will make sure everything will be okay. But....if you back out of the Paris Accord, the Devil is going to getcha!

Nope. It's not going to happen on this watch!

"Everyone will sit under their own vine and under their own fig tree, and no one will make them afraid..." Micah 4:4

edit on 3-6-2017 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 03:52 PM
link   

The previous post to yours feeds your points exactly. It's time to move on and stop debating with the elementary view points of carbon emissions increasing as being the main foundation of debate. Next to nobody denies its existence, yet the focus wants to remain on it as a whole. I consider this debate to one being on anti depressants... the fogs of the show and operations (FINANCES) go unchecked because the subject at hand hits a nerve with an individual and or group. Honestly, its a joke... because more times then not, they are contributing an equal amount or more carbon emissions... just as all consumers do.

I won't have any of that debate anymore either, because its time to grow up and act as we state if we want the changes we cry about. The debate here loses immediate credibility, because one has to utilize carbon emissions to spew random thoughts of words into cyber space here. I may offer time to offer credibility to these debates by the person who came out of the woods after 15 years of connecting to Mother Earth... but that debate can't happen through a carbon expending interface such as the interwebs provide.

These people will still vote Red or Blue ONLY come next election cycle... its a religion like you said. It's why it's just time to stop offering such time and effort to such elementary mind sets.

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 04:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015
a reply to: D8Tee

Do you deny the scientific fact burning fossil fuel puts carbon particles into the atmosphere?

Define carbon particles.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join