It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you a True Believer in the New Religion

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

i invite you to watch this video from Professor Ivar Giaever, its really interesting and touches the OP, and hes funny by the way

32 mins but worth it if you ask me

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: D8Tee

Other historical sunspot minima have been detected either directly or by the analysis of the cosmogenic isotopes; these include the Spörer Minimum (1450–1540), and less markedly the Dalton Minimum (1790–1820). In a 2012 study, sunspot minima have been detected by analysis of carbon-14 in lake sediments.[22] In total there seem to have been 18 periods of sunspot minima in the last 8,000 years, and studies indicate that the sun currently spends up to a quarter of its time in these minima.

Wiki: Maunder Minimum

Picked one of them, who on Ceres cares. You guys keep picking random fluctuations as well, there you have a random explanation. The non-paywalled version was my first hit in a 3sec search btw. Paywall...

edit on 3-6-2017 by PublicOpinion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: PublicOpinion

What are you attempting to tell me, that we could not in the near future enter a period of cooling?

I'm unsure of what you are trying to communicate, which is likely my problem not yours, sorry in advance.

Just want to be on the same page. Perhaps we are both saying the same thing, that there is no real way of knowing?
edit on 3-6-2017 by D8Tee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Not in the near future, no.

Especially not now, as we start to see more sun-spots already. Kinda obvious, innit?

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 07:11 PM
link   

I don't think that we can predict the future climate. We could be entering a cooling period right now for all we know.

The IPCC says it best.

The climate system is a coupled non-linear chaotic system, and therefore the long-term prediction of future climate states is not possible.

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Dr UAE

Loved this video! I watched the whole thing. Thank you very much for posting it. He nailed it and nailed it with logic and humor.

Yep...from Global Warming to Climate Change and now Extreme Weather.....lol. He calls this a Religion, as well, because you are not allowed to disagree and show additional facts and statistics using other actual data sets.

Is Climate Science a Pseudoscience? He says, "absolutely"!!

This is not about climate change. It is and always has been about "money laundering" and wealth redistribution.

edit on 3-6-2017 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-6-2017 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 07:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: CB328
It's not a scam, it's been used before to fix problems like acid rain by cutting emissions.

So scientific studies are now "scripture"? If you can't tell the difference maybe you shouldn't be posting.

The scientific studies related to global warming were ones which found very fast answers to the problem, when asking many more questions was actually needed, and required.

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 07:18 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

He applies the scientific method.

Like he points out, measurement is very very difficult.

Look at this map that shows how many temperature monitoring stations were in the world in 1924, and people accept that as some kind of acceptable instrumental record? Have people gone mad?

Also, he makes note of the beneficial effects of C02, crop yields are up all over this world. We should be rejoicing.

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Even if we'd see a Grand Solar Minimum it's highly questionable that we would realize it at all.

Research has shown that a grand solar minimum would offset no more than 0.3°C of global warming
A grand solar minimum would barely make a dent in human-caused global warming

If you have anything else regarding a coming GSM in mind - go ahead and share?

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

first it was cooling then it was warming (global warming) oops Climate Change,
sarcasm/ verrrrrryyyyyyy real science........

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 07:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: D8Tee

originally posted by: bastion
Maybe they shuold put the money into US education? It seems desperatley needed.

It's a scientific fact, not a myth. I'll put it in the simplest terms possible.

Carbon is Black
Black things absorb heat
The more Carbon in the atmopshere, the warmer the atmosphere.

Most three or four year olds have already mastered that level. Time to play catch up.

Holy jumping jesus I hope you are joking?

Tell me this is not your actual understanding of Man Made Climate Change?

Hell no, I spent several years working in Built and Natural Environment. I was reducing it to a simplest form that anyone can grasp as trying to teach partial differentiation or stochatsic matrices would be pissing in the wind.

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Any attempt to overlay even the most accurate solar cycle prediction onto the dynamic earth climate and then to predict an outcome, is akin to making a wild guess. My guess is we're going to go into a period slight cooling for a while. Just a guess. April was 2.0 degrees colder on average in Canada than the norm, according to NOAA.

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 07:59 PM
link   
a reply to: glend

I never denied natural climate change and dont believe my post suggested such.

I am well aware and also agree that further research into those natural process impacts and cycles should be prioritized as well.

My post was simply about the blatant denial of man made impact on the climate. Further research is key.

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 08:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: bastion
Maybe they shuold put the money into US education? It seems desperatley needed.

It's a scientific fact, not a myth. I'll put it in the simplest terms possible.

Carbon is Black
Black things absorb heat
The more Carbon in the atmopshere, the warmer the atmosphere.

Most three or four year olds have already mastered that level. Time to play catch up.

Pure Carbon isn't being spewed into the air. It's in the form of Carbon Dioxide, a colorless odorless gas.

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Local weather isn't global climate. We'll see way more extreme weather events.

But we're not even anywhere near the Solar Minimum, that will take a few more years (2020) and I'm not sure why we should see a Grand Solar Minimum then. It's just kinda reaching, ya know.

The current prediction for Sunspot Cycle 24 gives a smoothed sunspot number V2.0 maximum of about 101 in late 2013. The smoothed sunspot number V2.0 reached a peak of 116.4 in April 2014. This will probably become the official maximum.
Predicting the behavior of a sunspot cycle is fairly reliable once the cycle is well underway (about 3 years after the minimum in sunspot number occurs [see Hathaway, Wilson, and Reichmann Solar Physics; 151, 177 (1994)]). Prior to that time the predictions are less reliable but nonetheless equally as important. Planning for satellite orbits and space missions often require knowledge of solar activity levels years in advance.
Solar Cycle Prediction

I really love to hate NASA, but Hathaway was quite spot on thus far. Help me prove him wrong and I'd be a happy chap, just saying...

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Local weather isn't global climate. We'll see way more extreme weather events.

Yea, not offering it up as definitive proof or anything, just saying, what goes up must come down. It's just a guess and I won't defend it with any degree of enthusiasm cuz my crystal ball has failed in the past.

If we do go into a cooling period, it will show up on the surface temps first, ocean temps will lag.

Thanks for the sunspot link.

edit on 3-6-2017 by D8Tee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 08:46 PM
link   

You're welcome. This is what I was getting at with extreme weather:

(PhysOrg.com) -- Recent extreme weather events as far as Australia and Africa are being fueled by a climate phenomenon known as La Nina -- or "the girl" in Spanish. La Nina has also played a minor role in the recent cold weather in the Northeast U.S. Read more at: phys.org...

Climate phenomenon La Nina to blame for global extreme weather events

Also, El Niño was really rough in 2015. The trend is pretty alarming - more heat all over the place, even during cooler periods.

El Niño Food Crisis

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 11:26 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

I have a little Climate Science secret I'd like to share but it's on the down low so keep it hush, hush k?
Sea levels have indeed been rising! Its caused by the displacement of water by all our ships. It's true, mankind has built so many boats it's pushing the sea levels higher.

God is indeed punishing us for our wicked ways.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

You are right the only thing left to do is follow the global elite, and if we don't we are the arrogant ones.

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain, believe what you are told, get back in line, we need to spend this money, by we I mean you, the tax payers who already owe tens of thousands of dollars per house hold.... what do you mean the money doesn't just come out of thin air?

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 06:59 PM
link   

There is no evidence that El Nino events are caused by C02 in the atmosphere.

They are natural variation, have been going on for far longer than people have been burning fossil fuels so whats your point?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join