It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FACT BASED: Briljant TRUMP!!! Renegotiate the Paris climate change conspiracy

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 10:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: galien8

originally posted by: monkeyluv
Biogas has low energy returns.

2 times more than burning agricultural waste in an incinerator

Still low.

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: pirhanna

In 80 years and trillions in spending it will lower the temp by .2 degrees C.

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: jtma508

Probably the amount the US spends and the actual results of that spending.

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Biogas has low energy returns.

2 times more than burning agricultural waste in an incinerator

Still low.

1 mole organic C (carbon) gives 0.4 mole CH4 (methane) mole yield anaerobic digestion 40% (numbers from 1996)

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 04:16 PM
link   
I don't know what all you right-wingers are worried about...we are past the point where we can turn this around....the only thing left is how much people will be prepared for increasingly violent weather....oh by the way, not one dime do I want to see spent re-building your home, city, or state, using my tax dollars....you can tax and collect from all the deniers

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 05:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

....you can tax and collect from all the deniers

yes sue them for every cent they got

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

So .2 degrees C difference means the world will end now?

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 05:35 AM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

The cities along the coasts will are economic powerhouses and can finance their own mega-engineering projects. It's the heartland that will suffer the most... "red states." As usual, the government will have to bail out the folks who hate the government.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 06:42 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

How much will this cost the US in total and explain why it's worth the .2 degrees.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 07:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

How much will this cost the US in total and explain why it's worth the .2 degrees.

Much, much more than a wall along the Mexican border. Seawalls will need to be constructed to protect coastal cities like New York, Boston, and San Francisco as sea levels rise. Since ports are vital to the economy, those cities would be able to float large bond issues. The federal government will probably protect the spaceports, but Florida may be a write off. The heartland will face a variety of environmental challenges that will impact agriculture: droughts, floods, violent storms. All those are likely to happen whether the Paris accord is followed or not. Any politician who withdraws from the largely symbolic treaty will be cursed by future generations. I'm okay with that.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 08:09 AM
link   

So if it will happen even if the Paris accord happens, why would we waste money on the Paris accord?

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 09:15 AM
link   

1 mole organic C (carbon) gives 0.4 mole CH4 (methane) mole yield anaerobic digestion 40% (numbers from 1996)

Nice to consider as long as the world operates like a lab. Unfortunately, that's not the case.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 09:23 AM
link   

So if it will happen even if the Paris accord happens, why would we waste money on the Paris accord?

Well short-sighted people wouldn't. But one of the main ideas of TPA is to encourage developing nations to NOT continue practices that further jeopardize the environment --- by investing in their development. Many of these countries cannot afford to build alternative energy or waste management infrastructure --- they lack the GDP to do that. So instead, they deforest and burn wood --- the only thing at-hand. Or they dump waste into rivers and lakes. We can tell them to just freeze in the dark but that probably won't play. So, just like saving the Amazon Rain Forest, or protecting the oceans, weaning developing nations off environmentally destructive behaviors is in our mutual interests. Well maybe not ours, per se, but likely our children and grand-children. But who gives a crap about them, am I right?

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Nice to consider as long as the world operates like a lab. Unfortunately, that's not the case.

no production numbers, from actual real live large installations

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 07:13 PM
link   

So that we look like good citizens and not greedy morons.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 09:29 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 07:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: earthling42
Greetings from France

I never, ever, going to do IT like the French, because I can't stand the stench (cunnilingus)

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: earthling42

Greetings from France

here she sings ¨...I never ever going to do it like the French..." because she would be a Monika Lesbienski

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 08:48 PM
link   
a reply to: galien8

What a waste of talent

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 08:52 PM
link   
a reply to: galien8

However renegotiate that the whole world goes on the gas, biogas I mean, because when there is no sun there is no solar power, when there is no wind there is no wind power, however there is always BIOGAS to fill up the gaps.
How about we just drill some wells and run things offa natural gas, it's cheaper.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join