It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baddogma's Other Meta Cafe- Polite Discussions About Scientific Mysticism and General Weirdness

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

They have nowhere else to go unless welcomed... and sometimes for residuals? No where else they would rather be, like watching a sitcom in a casualty vampire sort of way.

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Otherwise we are locked into our shell, our trap, well, repository, vessel.

Either embrace the suck or take a walk on the wild side. Your choice....

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: BigBrotherDarkness

Maybe some are assigned, watchful, sheperds, especially family members passed on we have never met.

But meet in dreams, maybe. Ever have a dream wth a guide or friend you can't remember later? Ever meet groups of strangers that seem familiar and yet unknown to you?

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

Otherwise we are locked into our shell, our trap, well, repository, vessel.

Either embrace the suck or take a walk on the wild side. Your choice....

Actually, the choice wasn't mine, these events occurred quite unexpectedly, I had no 'choice', I was only a witness.

Further:

I think we are meant to 'do our time' here first. How we behave is key, we do have a choice in that, all our little choices add up over a lifetime, revealing our proclivity.
edit on 27-6-2017 by intrptr because: further:

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 12:34 PM
link   

All that happens due to karma is an inevitability, the sooner one can stop plowing ahead with intention? The sooner that wave of unexpected effect can wash right on over... yes it will be like hell and of course one much deserved due to all of the ignorance. Many are trapped in such cycles and many times at no fault of their own. Due to those thinking they can, want to, have too or desire to keep them under some silly idea of control. Most of the time they cannot even control themselves; emotions of any extreme nature are a yelling from the shadow realm one unseen that has lept over the past into the future and hit a wall they thought would not be there because the karma has stopped for myself as moving forward so any future one hopes to run into with myself other than perhaps forum posting in a reply has ceased due to their ignorance.

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 12:44 PM
link   

I think we are meant to 'do our time' here first. How we behave is key, we do have a choice in that, all our little choices add up over a lifetime, revealing our proclivity.

Christianity then? No thanks....

This might help break the bondage of self....

www.npr.org...
edit on 27-6-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 04:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: BigBrotherDarkness

From around the 14th century it was fashionable for a single red rose, once a year, to be paid as a "peppercorn" rent. One of the buildings that I care for, when it was bequeathed to the church by it's then owner in the mid 1500s, was done so on the provision that she would live out her days there and pay one red rose as rent. I had thought it an oddity but have since found that it was a fairly common peppercorn currency in England, I don't know about elsewhere.

www.allhallowsbythetower.org.uk...

I liked the story. Particularly the end, though the Nightingale clearly wasted her life, and the "hero" obviously lacked the heart to appreciate the subject that came, dusty, to his hand.

Ta!

edit on 28-6-2017 by Anaana because: can't see what's wrong...but it is.

edit on 28-6-2017 by Anaana because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-6-2017 by Anaana because: No, it's not having it. Removed external quote, left link in only. Big hairy pants!

edit on 28-6-2017 by Anaana because: Except I was so miffed that I forgot to do that and had to come back again. Oh good oh :]

edit on 28-6-2017 by Anaana because: friggity, frig, frig, frig. "It's worse than that. He's dead Jim." I concede defeat.

edit on 28-6-2017 by Anaana because: Oh my word!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 05:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Anaana

Oh it made me leak tears as such things of self sacrifice typically do.

Peppercorns I had not heard of such as a currency nor the swap of the term to mean a "rose" to me it sounds like trading someone in a slavery sort of way as an indentured servant out of one's household as payment for the property since birth control was restricted. Hence likely where scullery(skullery) maids whom's payment was a crack on the head as well as stable boys and ideas such as cinderella have come from. It is the older yet more modern equivalent of the pool boy, milk man and anyone else considered to be payback for those "bird caged" with no other means to make one's livelihood than a tyrant in a home.

It's a sad sorry tale as a reality that still continues to go on in so called classism. Many people in India are choosing Buddhism as an escape out of the caste system to escape the extremes of inequality found in such systems as one of the main tenets is equality with a total goal of equanimity and respect for all sentient life.

Is it any wonder some of the first terms for money were "Talent" or skill and "Tael" which meant weight... as in weighing a decision as is the weight in my purse worth the weight of the purchase. Typically the fattest were considered the richest because it would take a a lot of hands to carry the weight off. Kinda a silly parallel that the slavers in Star Wars are the Hutts like Jabba leaving a trail of nasty in trade preference.

I am typically not a fan of having to read into things under the surface; but what appears as romanticism like the poor Nightingale there is always a catch or a thorn in someone's side or in this case heart... and the price to pay for love. The elusion of bleeding heart constantly being used in politics sounds like a connection with the bloody cross or thorny cross as a masonic tie or protest against the politics that desire more balance and equality instead of constant capital building or shifting the scales in a certain favor.

When one's heart gets weighed against such? Is it any wonder that the heart of the nightingale always wins? Those who caused the blood to spill forth chomp chomp and the chimera or beast of greed, hate, and delusion wins another one for the tomb of the dark spiral.

Here is an image that is difficult to get ahold of that has to do with climate change:

North Pole nearly completely gone and another state sized chunk just broke off of Antarctica like an ice cube things will seem balanced until it melts in for yet another snap and more melt and poof headed towards dry and rainy seasons... so all of this land locked nonsense of politics seems to be either let them sink or preparations; is it any wonder the world's richest are looking to get the hell out of dodge and on into space asap? Like we need more of that sort of business messing up more worlds and planets... good grief Charlie Brown you're a blockhead seems to be appropriate.

Sigh and I hope that sigh allows others to breathe where a heart may be heavier than a laden sparrow trying to deliver some lightheartedness to yet another nightingale that chose to let her heart kick against the pricks.

edit on 28-6-2017 by BigBrotherDarkness because: sp.

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 07:33 AM
link   

I know what you mean, like h, once you took a tiny bit you long for it all your life heroine/heaven/hell.
But I also agree if you were meant to be dead you would be.
There's still stuff to do, think &/or discover.

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 07:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

Christianity then? No thanks....

This might help break the bondage of self....

www.npr.org...

Todays vision of spirituality, I call it churchianity, is been corrupted. We all know how we should behave towards one another, its inate, some don't care.

Into the sun.

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 08:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

There's still stuff to do, think &/or discover.

I spent most of my life living outside the worldly box, only finally coming to the internet in 2011. Since I been 'up' I have discovered that people are generally the same online as they were before. In fact more so because of anonymity.

I have many ideas I have kept bottled up over a life time, thought for the longest time they were common by now, but discovered they weren't. They are still ideas that I have not heard anywhere else.

For instance, heres one I vetted on reddit. I got one responder that dismissed the idea, but at least gave me the 'never heard that one before' muse before dumping it. I tried it here too.

crickets

jupiters red spot

edit on 28-6-2017 by intrptr because: spelling

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 09:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Maybe some are assigned, watchful, sheperds, especially family members passed on we have never met.

But meet in dreams, maybe. Ever have a dream wth a guide or friend you can't remember later? Ever meet groups of strangers that seem familiar and yet unknown to you?

Not necessarily genetic family. People you have a relationship with in nearly every life, the ones before & after, because my experience of time is a river.

Unfortunately some seem to not have "it" with others the subliminal feeling of subset of communication going on. Others you just feel you know them "hi where you're heading, let's walk a bit together...", others who just make you happy, others who constantly kick you, sometimes all of it, or just a few and many more possibilities.
I wouldn't jump to conclusion that it has to be a "known", we still don't have the slightest clue what it is.

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 09:23 AM
link   
I used to think 'angels' or aleens, but settled for ancestors because the reports of NDE are primarily that, meeting family 'over there' , being told, "not your time yet" and having to return.

I also regard many cultures that honor their ancestors more than us, visiting graves, talking to them, they even build structures to 'house' them.

I can't find where I read it, but (Pogodas) the multi tiered little houses above the main house were not for the living, but for generations passed to dwell in and 'watch over' the living.

Ever had an unusual 'life saving' event before? Who you think was responsible?

Where you think the hundred billion souls that lived here have gone?

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 09:44 AM
link   

I just noticed, that's in fact sthg I carry a lot of bias about.

For instance I am 100% sure it was not one of my genetic family here. During the NDE.
They were 3 blures, in shape of ordinary meeple and the feeling was more like, administration, or services.
...but then again I think of Dolores Cannon...
I don't know.
Sh1t is weird.
For me every now and then I have difficulty to talk about this. It's so weird. Can it be real?

But yeah I keep coming up with "ascended masters" Adams, lovecraft, Huxley, in the end we really can't possibly know.
And it is similiar enough, after thinking a bit.
But I am also sure there's more than that.

And I also believe that the "souls of the ancestors" must have lots of issues, because they're indeed stuck here, as a full transition would imply they "moved on".

My experience "there" was more a void and getting absorbed, dissolving and only a core "me" survives. A meta-me.
What did alchemy teach us?
Transition, transition, transition.

edit on 28-6-2017 by Peeple because: Add

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 11:13 AM
link   
I hope you don't mind me doing a little

Aaaaaaaaaaaaargh! Uaaaarrrrh! Gawd give me patience, are people stupid.
I was the one who came up with " what happens in the thread stays in the thread" but hoholy Jesuuuuuahhhhhhhs!
Being up to the top of the head covered in brainwash gooh but seeing attempts of some far away (stranger, at least sthg strange as them college folks from up on the river.....) imaginary enemy being really responsible for all my life, everything and bit that makes me bitter.

You're bitter because your life sucks.
Because you made bad decisions.
Because you don't want what you have.
And you don't have what you want.
No one can save you from your mistakes.
Capitalism sucks.
Communism sucks.
Monarchies suck.
Democracy is unearthly.
We need our own thing.
Think!
Think ffs
Think.

edit on 28-6-2017 by Peeple because: Where is my mind?

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Ideally, countries would have a strong sense of national and cultural identity, immigration would cease, there would be laws on procreating, all of the natural resources would be shared equally, based on region and a countries' GDP. Ideally we would not find greed a factor in procuring natural resources.

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Mousygretchen

There's a guy in Russia who has introduced animals to a barren tundra and the ecosystem came back to life and is beginning to flourish again.

Also , I know in the usa we need more reputable universities, the like of MIT and Oxford.

There are lots of for-profit colleges which are bad for students.

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Well, in my opinion we were and are at the base level fundamentally whole... as a sort of light or prismatic being that if we become too focused on superfluous matters? Can fall as light is a particle like stars in the sky or behind the eyelids... the ones in the sky? I have seen move in precarious ways, the moon change from a small crescent one night to half full the next.

So yes a matrix that instead of a prism more like a prison; all cause and effect based. I think we get to choose which level we are born at in this based on who we were before we left. The skill is assessed for cleaning up a certain family or area of hell where a very dominate force or sickness dwells and continues to spread in the world.

So like a mandala one is sent in an effort to cleanse out the black and white of duality or sickness of the mind or grey matter that plagues whatever area or system that is. They can seem like a perpetual hell according to Shantideva; despite being a high level bodhisattva or enlightened being? He spent a lot of time dwelling in a hell that seemed very perplexing.

So on a death or bardo that one is aware of occurring? The light or lights appear... mine was simply a voice that said "have they hurt you" I said "A little" but in fact compounded it would have been a whole lot if I was the whining weak sort. It seems the trial of all of those around me is continuing to go on... in their own test after tests. I hear people I know pleading "do not abduct me" "who woke me up out of heaven" "my kingdom come" and all other sorts of contrived programmed nonsense. The latest started this morning like a march of ants "This is a monkey state" that turned into a "how stupid can you get" yes broadcasted the same as if over a radio.

Concepts still grasping still and my awareness just sighs. Impermanence that however long it may seem; will eventually carry itself out... some in impatience? Want to get things moving. Sometimes my entire reality shifts where my blankets turn into three or four people trying to hide from being attacked or persecuted for whatever reasons.

Dipping through the bardo states the various lights a typical round of becoming is every three days, those that are strong typically 56 to 65 days it is at these times and levels that local and universal reality can be changed or shifted. Of course strong meditators can do such themselves individually to change reality. A mantra or repeated phrase typically can carry one through certain awarenesses in order to untangle the web weaved.

Even a being such as shantideva can leave hell as like any of the most heinous sorts because of the duality that one is born into... escaping that duality requires deprogramming of the bias that one is taught by whatever "family" or karmic keepers of past cause and effect... the strange thing is? Those people are at once a teacher and an enemy... so when asked who hurt you, who did whatever? No one, my own attachment of cause and effect... then poof done gone no regrets no grudges.

Of course this orb followed around for awhile in wait for others to get the system cleaned up with the help of others; I still disregard them as well at times because they too are easily corrupted and can fall just the same due to their own weaknesses.

But it is life and in unawareness or ignorance it ends at some point. In awareness and reality it ends over and over moment to moment brand new blink and the entire world new... those attached however keep rebuilding it via memory of past, grasp for a future and the ever present moment? Zooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooms and every possible iteration goes right on by including the beginning and ending of universes.

There is a point where the 64 siddhas or personifications show up that will either continue to trick you as tests or work in your favor, some refer to them as gods or titans but it all still is basically immaterial but when aware of them they can grant you a boon to their power if so desired... of course abusing such things lead to what? Falling the same as one has before and bam back into the cycle of birth and death from those tiny little painful baby shoes yet again fully grown but the body and so called adults lording over you learning the same crap yet again and again side track after side track and blah blah blah.

So blue? The throat chakra three turning the wheel in your experience, perhaps a shedding of the me, myself, and I. So of course not having those? They in ignorance think you are required for them to live... gold, my queen holding my crown lifted me up.

Heaven though is a very silly place... best to consider oneself there and always at the center of it at any given time. Make a remark in body, speech or mind at someone in a negative way? And they assume your house or position due to your ignorance that's what these siddhas as personifications do in one's ignorance as a sort of house sitter until the grand illusion or delusion falls.

Belief instead of experience? Will keep one stuck in a duality or hell state or incarnation after incarnation for a very very long time while the siddhas bored do nothing but play games day after day with life and humanity... of course not all of the enlightened ones are the same way, but just like at any form of life? Who can you trust? So those saying listen to a higher self a lower self HA! Get off my throne and out of my hell I can clean and take care of the whole damned thing without any of you because I am already in all of them and yet not so joke is on you.

This is kind of why I wanted to punch everyone in the nose after waking up in fruition like its just one huge facade a game and even those kids starving or legs blown off those exercising powers pulling false flags tricking everyone into "look what I can do" trivial because the cause and course should be leading everyone to freedom instead of here is our little arena for fun and games.

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Yes, what you made me think is, that could possibly be it too.
So as you see I'm 50/50 because lack of evidence, could be the "self", could be the ancestors thing, there's no way to know.

Is there one example where self-harming is natural?
But that's what's happening, we psychologically abuse ourselves for centuries, millenia actually.
Why?

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 11:58 AM
link   

There is a point where the 64 siddhas or personifications show up that will either continue to trick you as tests or work in your favor

Hey thanks for the mention

www.gyanunlimited.com...

The Tamil Siddhas are outside system-builders; their whole technique is to jolt people out of their intellectual ruts, and their conventional, barren, morality. They laid before their audience an abrasive, shocking, uncompromising message exhorting them to shed their delusions, pretensions, and empty orthodoxies in favor of an intense, direct, personal confrontation with truth

This is kind of why I wanted to punch everyone in the nose after waking up in fruition like its just one huge facade a game

but you did shed tears didn't you...

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join