It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baddogma's Other Meta Cafe- Polite Discussions About Scientific Mysticism and General Weirdness

page: 227
<< 224  225  226    228  229  230 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2020 @ 08:53 PM
link   
a reply to: KilgoreTrout

Mites...

[Long response lost... GAH!]

Buy Borax! It cleans everything in powder or diluted water form. It is nontoxic, can have other uses (try that with PT-100 or what ever that poison is called), and cheap.

It was everywhere until the quarantine! So I suffer a few weeks without which is now bouncing the cured/still there, give it a couple of days, jump rope.

Kind of sucks. 3 weeks, 2 boxes of Borax, and I could have been clean! Now it is clean 3 weeks (or four) until they hatch more eggs, then another cycle.

Going all in and buying a several liters of semi serious chemicals to deal with this.

But Borax taught me about history! And learning something new is always good (even if a bit gross or uncomfortable).

PS - Trousers last about 3 days before the next non-Borax wash!

posted on Aug, 27 2020 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Mites...

[Long response lost... GAH!]

Buy Borax! It cleans everything in powder or diluted water form. It is nontoxic, can have other uses (try that with PT-100 or what ever that poison is called), and cheap.

It was everywhere until the quarantine! So I suffer a few weeks without which is now bouncing the cured/still there, give it a couple of days, jump rope.

Kind of sucks. 3 weeks, 2 boxes of Borax, and I could have been clean! Now it is clean 3 weeks (or four) until they hatch more eggs, then another cycle.

Going all in and buying a several liters of semi serious chemicals to deal with this.

But Borax taught me about history! And learning something new is always good (even if a bit gross or uncomfortable).

PS - Trousers last about 3 days before the next non-Borax wash!

posted on Aug, 28 2020 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

I was going to make a few aviary jokes, maybe one or two about the kind of chicks you've been entertaining at home of late - but I thought I'd spare you - point is, you're treating the symptoms of the problem not the problem itself. Where are the birds? They're the ones that need treating or banishing. The mites don't want your blood, though they will taste it, it can't sustain them. Somewhere around you is a place where many birds nest.

The borax is great, and I will note the recommendation, but it's the birds, you gotta sort out the birds.

Did you know that a bite from the Lonestar Tick can render you allergic to pork and beef?

posted on Aug, 28 2020 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Sea Urchins were named after hedgehogs which used to be called urchins before urchins were just street kids.

As usual, we adopted the word from the Old French herichun, which came from the original Latin ericius. From Latin it goes back to the Proto-Indo-European root ghers, which meant “to bristle.”

Interestingly, ghers is also the root that lent itself to another Latin word horrere eventually morphing into our modern-day horror. So maybe, ghers gave us the collective concept of horrible children?

The jump from hedgehog to sea urchin makes perfect sense. They’re both quite prickly. But how did we jump from hedgehog to children? I’m not exactly sure, but throughout the 1500s, urchin was used to describe all sorts of unpleasant creatures from hunchbacks (not P.C.) to goblins to bad girls.

www.lifeoverlunch.com...

posted on Aug, 28 2020 @ 10:29 PM
link   

The birds left.

The mites are opportunistic and will move into any open space (ever hear of an army base being “mothballed”?? They are not killing moths but killing mites which love the same spaces that we do. I got tagged, once. Now it is all the time when walking around town! It is the fact that they are everywhere and we are in their territory). Besides the household pets I have been added to the menu!

I am the hotdog after the fillet mignon ran out!

It is not just my apartment/building.

I must really smell of “sucker” because when I think I have it beat another swarm finds me and get tagged again.

Beekeeper suit sounds good right now!!

And harsh chemicals are always an option!

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 03:37 AM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

They are killing the moths too. My building has moths. I distribute various devices infused with lavender and cedar but the second that they lose their potency, the moths are back. My building isn't even that old, twenty years tops. Your mites have clearly adapted to just being able to tick over, reproductively, between bird-feasts. There is only one solution burn the place. Burn it to the ground.

Bee-keeping suits won't help, they're only designed to keep out things the size of bees. You need full hazmat, and possibly one of those oxygen tent, bubble things to sleep in. Or move away from the god-forsaken place.

If using harsh chemicals ensure that you ventilate well, they are not good for us either. Personally I am largely a hot water and Fairy liquid kind of gal, everything else I use sparingly. I won't even let cloudy-water disinfectants in the house (bar the first aid kit) because of how toxic they are to kitty. A little dirt never hurt anyone (who didn't have a severe immune problem already), but infestations are something else, you need to find their kryptonite (not Borax) and smear yourself with it.

Just browsing to see if there is such a substance - and wow, I had no idea and I am back to burning the place to the grownd. The whole town!

We also found physical removal from the skin was the best strategy. We completely covered ourselves in a homemade coconut oil blend (we had added neem oil, tea tree, eucalyptus, citronella and rosemary essential oils - and we had added quite a bit of these). This blend did seem to kill the mites (or it at least slowed them down so we could remove them). And the coconut oil meant they couldn't stick to us. But we still then need to wipe them off with paper towels. We kept coconut oil on our bodies until we were free of them for more than a week so that no new mites could stick to us.

www.thewholechild.com.au...

You poor, poor man. I real feel for your mite plight. In fact, quite literally after reading that blog. Sympathetic itching and scratching has ensued.

Take care and keeping fighting the fight. You shall prevail.

edit on 29-8-2020 by KilgoreTrout because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 03:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Reverbs

Hey Nice Wolf with Kitten Heart how're you doing? I was just reading an article in the Guardian that is saying that the Covid numbers in university towns are rising rapidly and some bars are being closed again...

Fueled in part by clusters where college students are returning to classes, Kansas has had its highest seven-day increase in coronavirus cases.

The state’s governor, Laura Kelly, said outbreaks on college campuses and fraternities and sororities are at least a factor in the surge. “We cannot continue to go down this path,” she told reporters Friday.

Iowa’s governor, Kim Reynolds, has ordered all bars shut down around the University of Iowa and Iowa State. In Story county, home to Iowa State, 74% of new cases over the past seven days were among people ages 19 to 24, Reynolds said on Thursday. In the same time period, 69% of new cases in Johnson county, the home of the University of Iowa, were in that age group.

“It is increasing the virus activity in the community, and its spilling over to other segments of the population,” Reynolds said.

Three of North Carolina’s largest public universities have halted in-person undergraduate instruction and directed students to move out of the dorms after hundreds tested positive following their return to campus. More than 800 have been infected at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill and over 670 at North Carolina State.

www.theguardian.com...

Seems the students aren't wearing their masks. You need to tell them they're sexy. That'll do it, they'll never want to take them off.

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Lowes!!

Got 2 boxes. Walking home and found a bar!

Ummmmm... beer!

ETA: Wrote my response before reading yours to Reverbs... very funny!
(The nite problem is a cyclic nuisance, not an everyday battle).(see! She is funny! Nite vs Mite!!! LOL!!
edit on 29-8-2020 by TEOTWAWKIAIFF because: Universe loves me

edit on 29-8-2020 by TEOTWAWKIAIFF because: 2 phunni

posted on Aug, 30 2020 @ 02:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: KilgoreTrout

Manson and Epstein were expendable to those they thought they were using.

Thats what Im talking about.

sometimes people feel they have the ultimate pass.. and it turns out anyone can be the true power.. but you are the one left holding the gun.. lol.

ive seen it in real time.

public figures are better used than thrown under busses.
oswald was an expendable.. epstein was expenable after a certain level.

but even so there is no one power pulling strings..
its a bunch of gangs doing gang #. some of the gangs have colors like red white and blue. some of the gangs are just blue.

my gang is just I love all of you.

edit on 30-8-2020 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2020 @ 03:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

Not really anyone else’s schedule (plus I am a pedestrian most of the time... walking around thinking big thoughts! Or, really dumb ones! Like I said, it just depends).

Most do not understand that method of being.

I see something in the sky and do not freak out but screw with it back! Same with anything. I am a weirdo but not because I am antisocial but because I care too much (if that makes sense).

brothers from other mothers.

posted on Sep, 2 2020 @ 10:54 PM
link   

joey rogan lol. 1 minute 16 seconds.

edit on 2-9-2020 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2020 @ 11:00 PM
link   

the joe one is just for the lolz.

this one is like xcom2 but its muses new album/movie... trailer. Muse is in my top 5. so heres the trailer to what im about to watch.

Simulation Theory

edit on 2-9-2020 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2020 @ 01:45 AM
link   

I tried to quote a post in this thread which I will quote shortly to respond to.. but..

I have no effing clue. how.

something i havnt seen in years. one of my posts filled my screen.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I feel like I shouldnt even make my original post now. that was a post i made whenever i made it that i showed my alien experience in crude ms paint drawlings. I would never be able to find that on my own. in fact ive tried to find it in the past without knowing where to look.

so just now im replying to kilgore about colleges and covid19...

I deleted too much and shes saying half of the top part.. woops.. ok reload the page.. damn im still there with half of what she said is gone.. open new tab click through google chrome "ats button"

my black triangle experience pops up.

on my post.. not the top of the page but my post.. a post i havnt seen since before I had this phone. years.

I was going to respond mundanely about my college town having major issues with college kids not following along... coronavirus.. live classes turned to online classes one week in..

thats what I was trying to say and black trianglle ufo popped up on my screen. wtf. I have no idea. I couldnt repeat this in a million years. WTF!?
edit on 3-9-2020 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

I have wanted to find this particular post in the past.. not now.. but the link i gave is exactly what my phone did.
how? I clicked on "ats.com" just to reload kilgores post so i could say the kids arent listening.. and then this..

I have no clue.

I just looked at the post time.
I posted that 4 years ago and wanted to find it like a year ago.. 2 phones ago...

I don't understand what just happenned.

OH.. of course peeps was there too in the thread.. reading back through it...

I dont know why or how but this is something thats supposed to be back on my radar now.

posted on Sep, 3 2020 @ 02:14 AM
link   

almost scared to try again.

Hey Nice Wolf with Kitten Heart how're you doing? I was just reading an article in the Guardian that is saying that the Covid numbers in university towns are rising rapidly and some bars are being closed again...

our bars never re-opened.
the college kids came back.. like 25,000 people or something. problems arose.. obviously. so now its all online learning as far as i understand.

No cases where I work.
I got another raise. lol.

Im a little too old possibly to tell kids they are sexy in masks.

but yea If there is a different way to make that point Im there to do it.

posted on Sep, 3 2020 @ 05:04 AM
link   

I'm not a fan of the big bang inflation theory. But simulation is even worse. But I like Muse. And since it's all in the realm of speculation I don't really care.

Why do you think the thing popped up?

posted on Sep, 3 2020 @ 09:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

I have no explanation but the experience popped in my mind for an hour straight the same day.

posted on Sep, 3 2020 @ 11:06 PM
link   

She wants us to meet!

Kilgore, Peeps, U, Me, all of us. (She knows my paper is written. And I am about to be slingshot into the real world.
I am failing gloriously!!

But not that part.

Weird, huh?!

-beer...,

posted on Sep, 3 2020 @ 11:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

simulation only means encoded. it means based on information. "reality" belief is instead based on energy.. "physicality"..

simulation doesnt imply created or being inside a computer.. it just means information comes before energy.

when you ask me why things happen in my life its generally me thinking about it? and then it happens. like sometimes its seemed like my future affected my past by a choice i made in the present after being shown my future.

I dont know.

There does seem to be an issue with big bang inflation' but at the same time its what evidence we can see does SEEM to show.. but seeming to show is one thing. We might only be seing a small percentage of something more intertwined than a timline in space from a point.

posted on Sep, 4 2020 @ 03:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Reverbs

joey rogan lol. 1 minute 16 seconds.

Haha...when my son catches me listening to Joe Rogan he always says, "Has he said '___' yet?" He also dreamed last week that I was getting married to Joe, which, ya know, I said I could kind of live with the idea. Not really, but I'm getting on in years and one can only be so fussy in terms of the scenarios my son's subconscious places me in.

posted on Sep, 4 2020 @ 04:30 AM
link   

I only know, directly, one person who has had it. My age and recovered okay, no long covid. He caught it via a relative returning from holiday who he picked up from the airport. It's mainly those in old folks homes that have been worst hit here. Lots of retirement communities on the outskirts and suburbs. From that perspective those of us who live in the city haven't as yet been fully exposed to the virus yet...BUT come the end of next month we will be getting around 40,000 students back to swell our numbers. We're a centre for international learning too, so maybe a quarter to a third will be from overseas, mostly China. Should be fun. Life really has to go on though.

With regards to your 'problems' posting. I think I said at the beginning of the year, or of this whole covid thing, or maybe at the end of last year. It was sometime. Anyway, I said I felt that I was changing in some way, and I kind of have in my way of thinking. I'm much more placid and less excitable in reaction to all things woo-ey but at the same time I've regained my ability to suspend my disbelief - which I didn't actually lose, rather it was stuck in the open position and I as a consequence couldn't not believe. Does that make any sense? Rather than try and make sense and find meaning in everything I instead just find joy in the randomness. I'm the meaning maker and I can decide what does and does not have meaning to me.

This is a nice article I have been meaning to share with you all...it's not new but I only read it at the beginning of the week.

getpocket.com...

I'm fairly sure that I have mastered my mind as it were, however I haven't got the voice to go with it. They don't flow together and I am trying to find that now, move out of silence. It's difficult to explain, lol, for that very reason. I have though, until now, been focusing on my eye-hand relationship. I want to do fiddly things and that just wasn't there my fingers were not nimble. I'm making real progress in that department now though, it's giving me heart that I can reignite by creative writing similarly.

Random things happen but we're the agents and the receptors. We notice and not notice. And then so many layers of pre- and mis-conceptions that have to be cut through. It is all woo. We are woo machines. We choose to see what the concensus sees until we choose not to, or our sub-conscious chooses for 'us' not to by awakening us to the collective delusion. Perhaps? These are the mysteries of mysteries.

new topics

top topics

<< 224  225  226    228  229  230 >>

join