It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 16

page: 80
<< 77  78  79    81  82  83 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 05:24 PM
link   
"My" karaoke song, and... quite possibly my favourite song.... ever.

... I don't know why.

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

Love this song! The other song was good too. I wrote an entry in your story line Gordi. Hope you are having a great day/night.

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 07:54 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Ahh don't feel bad Mate, at least you are listening to something from that age. Comment below.

originally posted by: Gordi The Drummer
CHILLIN to some 80's tunes.
God I feel OLD!! LOL
Gx

I had to share this. Seanad is one of my favorite artist, all though I didn't choose her most popular song, she has an amazing voice and presence. Then just for fun Neutron Dance, I loved it, perhaps why I latched on to a later genre.

or this one

Gordi, I have found here in the states people 'our age', listen with nostalgic preference to tunes from the sixties, as if they had lived in that period. They prefer country, old school rock and blues, to the music that formed us in the late '80 and '90.
It amazes me. I consider my self fortunate to have an eclectic back ground from 'the old country'. I became very fond of techno in the '90. And 'The Voice' was one of the only channels worthy of listening to at sea.
Hmmm I am getting in to a philosophical discussion here. Backs out.

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 10:13 PM
link   
a reply to: WalkInSilence

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 10:14 PM
link   
That was so wonderful.

originally posted by: Night Star
Night began lighting candles....

In the spur of a moment you managed to capture the soul of this community. So lovely.

Now mind you I read this, have no time to respond, sleep, go to work, and still I am thinking about this and I must say something.
My mind goes 'hay wire' (what does that mean?) with thoughts I want to share, in here and in RL, but there is so little time.
Hugs to all.

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 10:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Ahh yes, such a magnificent piece of vocal expression. She inspired me to sing. I chose another less known one just because she grasps such a huge range.
As we all do if we dare venture beyond convention, the segregation we have conformed to.

Hugs and sweet everlasting dreams of joy.

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Oh! I didnt even see it was two lovers! Lol! I like it better my way
Yes, doooooo it chooch!

Hugs!

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 01:49 AM
link   

My mind goes 'hay wire' (what does that mean?) with thoughts I want to share, in here and in RL, but there is so little time.

Any time you come here, I am more than grateful to hear your thoughts and feelings. So I shall wait patiently. Sweetest dreams Wis!

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Goodnight Shed and all who dwell and lurk here.

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 01:57 AM
link   
Well, the wait is over and the coup de gras did indeed happen as intended.

I got to witness another piece of history happen again yesterday and being something that I never thought I would see. Built in March of 1971, the then 7534 was once a part of the backbone of the home railroad's SD40 locomotive roster when delivered to the C&O. Spending her days working while two mergers between the Western Maryland, the Baltimore & Ohio, and the Chesapeake & Ohio to form the Chessie System of Railroads plus the merger between the Seaboard System and the Chessie System to form CSX Transportation in the 1980's. The 7534 went on to spend another twenty two years working for CSX until a traction motor failure put the 7534 into retirement around 2012. Setting in the deadline at Cumberland, Maryland for nearly five years. The decision was made to donate the former C&O 7534, wearing CSX number 4617 at the time, to a museum. It was then determined that this locomotive should be sent to none other than a place it frequented while in service. After being repainted into her "as delivered" paint scheme earlier this year by the folks at the Huntington Locomotive Shops and released by the shops on Wednesday afternoon. Yesterday, Chesapeake & Ohio Railway SD40 7534 was sent to her new home at the Chesapeake & Ohio Railway Historical Society's "Heritage Center" in Clifton Forge, Virginia.

Never thought I would see the day that a locomotive would be repainted into its "as delivered" paint. Yet alone repainted back into the colors of the Chesapeake & Ohio Railway.

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 01:57 AM
link   
You should all know, I'm not approachable. If you ever get the impression that I'm otherwise, you're mistaken. But, if asked to guard the doors to this place, I would. Asked to protect any of you, to protect you all, I would.

I've read this thread, and the last shed thread. I like you all. I like this place. I'm not you, but you all resonate with me.

Carry on. To the extant that you're able to, take care of yourselves, you're all precious.

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 02:19 AM
link   
a reply to: imwilliam

How very sweet William! Welcome to our lovely realm!
Pixies can make you a drink, just make yourself at home.

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 02:20 AM
link   
a reply to: gimmefootball400

Nicely painted train there chooch! You're up late.

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 02:32 AM
link   
a reply to: imwilliam

Well thanks for making yourself known to us william! So far as ive seen youre the only lurler thats stepped forth from the shadows to announce your presence.

You can go back to hiding now if youd like but wed sure enjoy it if you stuck around
you say you arent approachable but we know whats underneath that
kinda like a grumpy dragon, we know how to handle them too

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 02:43 AM
link   
a reply to: LucidWarrior

you say you arent approachable but we know whats underneath that kinda like a grumpy dragon, we know how to handle them too.

Ha! I was going to say something like that!

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Why didnt you? Lol

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 02:55 AM
link   
a reply to: LucidWarrior

Perhaps the lateness of the hour and not thinking clearly enough. LOL

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Perhaps perhaps perhaps.